anime Hollywood is taking over anime!

Amy-chan posted on Apr 17, 2009 at 05:52PM
Everywhere you look it seems there is an American movie version of an anime coming out. We've already seen Transformers and Speed Racer. Now there is Dragonball Evolution which just came out. I've also read there is an American Death Note film slated for 2010. You may have also heard about the computer animated movie version of Astro Boy. Others I've also read about that may come out are a CG version of Ghost In The Shell by Dreamworks, I think. There's been a rumor for years about a live action American Evangelion film, and once I think I read something about a possible live action version of Akira. I kinda have mixed feeling about the whole thing. On one hand I think it's good that Hollywood is recognizing anime's popularity and impact on America. But on the other hand we know all too well how Hollywood tends to screw up when they try to turn an anime or video game into a film here in America. And let's not forget about America's version of Godzilla a decade ago. Personally I really liked the U.S. version of Godzilla and I thought Transformers was very good, but I know there's people who think otherwise. Which reminds me, there's a second Transformers movie coming out this summer, I think. So what's your opinion about this whole thing? Do you have news about more, or updates about the ones I listed yet to come out. I'm curious what others think. What's your opinion?

anime 10 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden gee-sama said…
angry
Oh my Gosh I totally agree and it's really annoying me.I also heard about Deathnote in 2010 and Light(the main character) is going to be played by Zac Efron(he might also be in Full Metal Alchemist). Alot of deathnote fans are complaining about it and alot of the fans say they won't watch the movie if Zac is playing the lead role.Its irritating because the focus is going to be on Zac and the content of the film is going to be lost.The people watching are just going to be screaming high school fangirls that no nothing about the anime.
I did enjoy the Transformers movie and I haven't seen Godzilla but Im sure upcoming Hollywood anime are heading for a big fail because fans don't really like them. Je suis tres disappointed.
een jaar geleden gee-sama said…
I mean he's gonna be in Full Metal Panic, not Full Metal Alchemist ^^ lol
een jaar geleden Dearheart said…
cool
Erm, just so everyone knows, the Zac Effron thing is just a rumor. Just. A. Rumor. Take a chill pill, people. Even if it IS true, I think we should give the poor guy a fair chance. He hasn't ever been given a chance to show us what he's REALLY got. Just because he starred in HSM doesn't mean that he isn't capable of more.

Besides, he does kinda look like Light. LOL.
last edited een jaar geleden
 Erm, just so everyone knows, the Zac Effron thing is just a rumor. Just. A. Rumor. Take a chill pill,
een jaar geleden Dearheart said…
And oh gosh...if Fullmetal Alchemist were made into a live action blockbuster, I think I'd die of happiness. If any anime has the epicness and potential for the silver screen, it's FMA. It's also perfect for an American adaptation because the universe it's set in is more of a western-type culture. We wouldn't have to worry about anyone ruining the Japanese aspects because there ARE none (with the exception of Xing and other countries outside of Amestris, of course).

I personally think it's totally unfair that a testosterone fest like DBZ gets a movie made of it while a great story like FMA goes unnoticed. >__>
een jaar geleden Linky_Lover said…
A USA Version of Death note with Zac Efron Maybe as Kira!!!

OMG! I WOULD PAT £100'S TO SEE THAT!

XDDD As Zac Fails to Do the Crazy Kira Laugh

But I do Love Zac He's a Great Actor (expected in High school musical T___T)

And I Love Death Note to . .

But They Will totally Buzz Kill it ¬¬
een jaar geleden Shwele said…
laugh
Well... I started noticing that Americans were starting to make movie version of anime. But it didn't bother me so much... But now OMG I hardly wait! This will show people that anime are GODLIKE cartoons. I also heard that Bleach movie is coming at the end of 2009 or begging 2010. Hardly wait to see how Americans will do it... I haven't watched DB but I heard that Goku is in highschool! But what to do, they are Americans they have to change even if the story is awesome.
een jaar geleden onepiecefan59 said…
Ive got an idea, rurouni kenshin live action, with Taylor Lautner as Yahiko{ wait no Yahiko isn't that old}
een jaar geleden Lawli-gagger said…
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NON NO NO NO
No Live action Death NOte jesus! the japs sucked beyond imagination
Make a ANIMATED movie about Death Note another NOte...I'd pay anything to see that
Or a movie or series about L's life
and 1 of wammy house and the kids
NO LIVE ACTION 4 ANY anime just leave it like it is...I will go BB on u I swear
een jaar geleden KuroFai said…
angry
America is the source of all live action Japanese manga/anime epics. I hate it though. I agree with the fact that all anime should be left as anime! No matter how good lookin a real person can get, they will NEVER match up to the beauty of the manga art form!
een jaar geleden Lawli-gagger said…
angry
Every1's talking about American making live actions "Oh its gunna suck blah blah boo hoo"
It doesn't matter WHO makes it ALL live actions are terrible
As I expect them to be. There is no way for a human to play the part of an anime character and WIN at it.
Impossible.
So again its not just American ruining it ITS ANYONE!