anime What was your first anime?

Amy-chan posted on Apr 18, 2009 at 04:29AM
For me, I believe the first anime I ever saw was Unico. I was at least 5 or possibly younger. There were two Unico films:The Fantastic Adventures of Unico and Unico in the Island of Magic. They were both shown on the Disney Channel and FYI this was back in the 80s. The story is basically about a little unicorn who brings happiness to everyone he meets. This upsets the gods since they believe happiness should only be earned by sacrifice and hard labor. So they order the West Wind to cast him off on the Hill of Oblivion, but she can't bring herself to do it so she takes him to the Island of Solitude assuming no ones is there to spread his happiness to. But while there he meets Besil the devil of solitude. Unico tries to befriend the little devil but Besil wants nothing to do with friendship.(he is a devil after all) But after granting Besil his wish for a horn (Unico lends him his own horn for a while) he decides to give friendship a try. After an incident where Unico falls into the sea, Besil rescues him from drowning. Knowing that Besil truly cares for him, Unico is able to use his powers to grant him a real horn of his own. Besil finally has a true friend and is happy for once, and the gloom that covered the Island of Solitude disappears. But Unico's newfound friendship is cut short as the West Wind has returned to quickly take him away to somewhere else because he had been found out by jealous gods once again. And now they've sent the Night Wind after Unico so the West Wind takes Unico yet again to another place hoping that the gods will not discover him. The films follow this same kinda pattern. Unico is left in different lands with no memory of where he was before, brings happiness to those he befriends only to be discovered by the gods and the West Wind must take him somewhere else again. What's interesting is I found out that Unico was created by the infamous Osamu Tezuka, also known as the god of manga. The films were also released from Sanrio who are most well known for characters such as Hello Kitty and Keroppi. Unfortunately, both movies are out of print right now here in the U.S. Though I have been able to find what I think are bootleg versions on DVD from a convention I go to called Megacon. Anyway, that's the story of my first anime. So how about yours?

anime 110 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 110

een jaar geleden shortynme said…
I think the very first Anime I saw was a movie called Little Nemo and the Adventures in Slumber Land. It's an acid trip of a movie about a boy who dreams of going to another world where he has to defeat the evil monster Nightmare. At the very end he wakes from this amazing dream, and none of it really happened. It's freaking weird. lol
Other than that, my first official Anime that got me started was Naruto.
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden gee-sama said…
My first anime was Yugioh. I'm sure there were others but I just wasn't aware that they were anime.Like this other show called Heidi apparently it is an anime.
 My first anime was Yugioh. I'm sure there were others but I just wasn't aware that they were anime.Li
een jaar geleden sayoka-haboon said…
i think that the first anime that i saw was probably digimon, and the first monga i ever touched was probably Rnma 1/2, i didnt actually read it until high school around then i think i was probably 3 or 4.
een jaar geleden skyress-drago said…
big smile
The first anime I've watched was the Pokemon:Master Quest. It was a film that my parents bought me when I was 6 years old.
een jaar geleden Sophiii said…
Uhm, Digimon. Or Moomin (楽しいムーミン一家, Tanoshii Mūmin Ikka). Or maybe Pokemon? I was a big Sailor Moon fan when I was little aswell =D

But my first.. err.. "official" anime that I started watching knowing what an anime actually was was Naruto.
een jaar geleden TDIlover226 said…
My first anime was 'Demashita! Powepruff girls Z!'. I loved it, alot better than the original. Then there was Tokyo Mew mew, does anyone else think that when america started airing it, they completly screwed up the story line?
een jaar geleden VioletShingami said…
Mine was Sailor moon!!!
een jaar geleden metalnaunx said…
Mine was Cowboy bebop, i was like 4 an was watching Adult Swim
een jaar geleden siriusgirl said…
wink
I think probably mine was Mazinger Z!!
een jaar geleden PoddoChan said…
big smile
Mine? Card Captor Sakura as far as I can remember!
een jaar geleden Shwele said…
First anime that I was aware that I am watching anime is Fate\stay night... That was 4 years ago and it is still my favorite anime.
One of the non aware were Digimons, DB, DBZ, Naruto,...
 First anime that I was aware that I am watching anime is Fate\stay night... That was 4 years geleden and
een jaar geleden stef4e said…
smile
i think my first anime was digimon,pokemon or sailor moon(i'm not very sure)!!!
 i think my first anime was digimon,pokemon of sailor moon(i'm not very sure)!!!
een jaar geleden HinataUzumaki said…
smile
I think the first one i ever saw was either Pokemon or Cardcaptors^_^
een jaar geleden rusty746454 said…
well i guess pokemon but i just played the game but i think naruto was then i started watching deathnote and L died soooo i quite then i started watching bleach and since then i have read and watched a ton of others
een jaar geleden ceeman said…
mine was Samurai X the Kenshin thang
een jaar geleden Gwiazdeczka said…
Sailor Moon :)
een jaar geleden Leightonfan said…
Mine was either sailor moon or pokemon.
een jaar geleden infernalchicken said…
Evangellion
een jaar geleden Shannyn said…
Sailor Moon. I used to get up a 6 every morning just to watch it. The first anime I watched, and was aware it was anime, would be Love Hina :)
naruto was my very first one and inyuhai was my non-aware one i was to young i just thought it was a cartoon XD i cant even spell it righ tnow
een jaar geleden PreBanned said…
Mine was Naruto,then Bleach,Then Inuyasha,I personally like bleach the best out of all the animes i know.But that's just my opinion.
 Mine was Naruto,then Bleach,Then Inuyasha,I personally like bleach the best out of all the animes i k
bleach is pretty good i have watched a lot of animes but heres the ones i liked.

*naruto
*bleach
*code geass
*deathnote
*hellsing
*darker than black
*Naruto shippuden
*Shakugan no shana
een jaar geleden PreBanned said…
Hellsing?...As in Van Hellsing?....Dam O_O they m,ade that into an anime!?O_o where have i been?!Well,i am pretty pathetic ^_^;. but nice anime choices,I was sad when LeLouch died T^T...but hey,he had a good reason,right?...
 Hellsing?...As in busje, van Hellsing?....Dam O_O they m,ade that into an anime!?O_o where have i been?!Well
een jaar geleden Neliei said…
heart
The first anime that I've watched is Dragonball.This anime has good story and cool characters. After I watched his anime for a very long time ago,but now it's still my most favorite anime.
 The first anime that I've watched is Dragonball.This anime has good story and cool characters. After
een jaar geleden hareyzzz9255 said…
crying
The first anime that I watched is Inuyasha....
I watched it when I was 10 yrs. old.....
I expected a nice ending.........
But instead I got a Cliffhanger
een jaar geleden Hkiara said…
I think pokemon,digimon or sailor moon, but I am not totally sure....
 I think pokemon,digimon of sailor moon, but I am not totally sure....
een jaar geleden mistrez28 said…
heart
my first anime is sailor moon since i was 4years old
een jaar geleden Snugglebum said…
my first anime was pokemon and the first manga i read from the beginning was tegami bachi, but the first manga i read, period, was naruto
een jaar geleden i_hate_tpyos said…
Tokyo Mew Mew.
een jaar geleden CutiegirlXtreme said…
The first anime that I watched when I was little is the first season of Pokemon.
een jaar geleden LunaShay said…
Pokemon whe i was 4 or 5(my brother watched it alot)first season
een jaar geleden edwardcarlisle said…
smile
Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Sakura Card Captors or Dragonball Z, but I believe it was Pokemon, I saw it when I was 4-6 yers old I think.
 Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Sakura Card Captors of Dragonball Z, but I believe it was Pokemon, I saw it whe
een jaar geleden onepiecefan59 said…
Pokemon or Tokyo Mew Mew
een jaar geleden kiraragirl200 said…
big smile
Pokemon
Sailor Moon
Dragon Ball Z
een jaar geleden chrisprower93 said…
First Anime I ever watched was Case Closed and Inuyasha, I still watch these shows to this day
een jaar geleden CageHusain said…
big smile
Mine was dragon ball i watched it since before i can remeber i even saw the original amirican version when goku was zero and koran was whiskers the wonder cat. then it was dbz then fist of the north star after dbgt then i started my anime/manga spurge and i havent stopped its like a first love i always go back to dbz. this was when i was five or 4 also even though im a straight guy i loved sailor link
 Mine was dragon ball i watched it since before i can remeber i even saw the original amirican version
een jaar geleden konci-sama said…
first mine was pokemon although i stopped watchin it after a few episodes the there then
bleach
death note
fma brotherhood
inyuasha
and now kekkaisi or however its spelled
and now im startin on vampire knight
een jaar geleden Aletheia05 said…
this is embarrassing.. coz my first ever anime was Voltez 5 >.< I was 5 yrs old when I had my first anime and I loved it!! I'm 14 btw. :3
een jaar geleden bangelfan said…
Sailor Moon. Have a feeling a lot of people lost their anime virginity to this show.
een jaar geleden Kogami said…
laugh
A blue robot cat with a 4 dimension pocket who loves DoraYaki,Doraemon!!
een jaar geleden Kogami said…
My bro: Princess Mononoke
My Sis: Crayon Shin Chan
een jaar geleden Zio said…
First one I watched was either Sailor Moon, Dragonball, or Akira, I can't really remember which one I saw first but it was one of the three.
een jaar geleden Angel-Trix said…
My very first anime had to be either Pokemon or Sailor Moon when I was...I don't know...Three? But I watched Pokemon first because my brother had the tapes.
 My very first anime had to be either Pokemon of Sailor Moon when I was...I don't know...Three? But I
een jaar geleden MarMar_XigLux said…
The first Animes I ever watched were Inuyasha and Tokyo MewMew
een jaar geleden Yurie-Chan said…
heart
My first un-aware anime was Pokemon,and then Sonic X :D
I adored Sonic(and still do),but I was little when I watched those,so I thouhgt it was only normal cartoons :P

My first official anime was Ranma 1/2,since that was the first manga I read ^^
 My first un-aware anime was Pokemon,and then Sonic X :D I adored Sonic(and still do),but I was litt
een jaar geleden yukicross3244 said…
mischievous
mine was vampire knight,it was okay, i have every book in the series
een jaar geleden pichu599 said…
Mine was probably Pokemon ,I've had videos of the show all my life so....... yeah
 Mine was probably Pokemon ,I've had videos of the toon all my life so....... yeah
een jaar geleden bluesweets said…
Unicron Trilogy, then sailor moon
een jaar geleden WITCHluvr24 said…
DBZ, its not the best though.
een jaar geleden MCHopnPop said…
smile
My First Anime was Case Closed..which taught me It does pay to leave the TV on when I go to sleep,I woke up at the right time,though I did get scared while seeing it first :/
 My First anime was Case Closed..which taught me It does pay to leave the TV on when I go to sleep,I w