Arthur and Gwen Merlin Cast at Comic Con France 2011

BradAngeleyes posted on Jul 03, 2011 at 10:37AM
Have you seen the videos? What did you think of the Merlin cast at the event, did they do well, did they do badly, could they have done better? There are videos on the Arthur/Gwen spot, amongst others.

Arthur and Gwen 16 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden MISAforever said…
I can't watch them. Don't have enough megabytes on my phone. What were they talking about?
een jaar geleden BradAngeleyes said…
People shouting out "We love you Katie".
Bradley explaining the thing that attracted him to acating and how playing Arthur gives him a lot of variety in the role, that's what he likes, makes the part satisfying to play.
Colin says that getting the chance to do it at all is a privilege.
The usual questions really in this video. There are lots of others on YouTube now.
I don't hear anything about Arwen...
een jaar geleden EPaws said…
mischievous
Joppa, I think that Naima is your best bet there considering what the producer said to her.
I've read that.. *faint* indded it was!!!
een jaar geleden nsk said…
well actually , the funny thing is that ...the interviewer didnt ask anything about A/G but when it was the turn of the fans to ask questions , TWO of the 3 questions asked was about A/G , even the girl was shouting " PLEASE GIVE US MORE ROMANCE!"
bradley showed no interest at all with all the questions as always and when it comes to A/G , it was like " secret defense " nobody couldnt tell anything...it was pretty frustrating
Bradley's always not interested... Well I'll just hope it's so awesome they don't want to ruin anything for us xD
ik...he is always bored , they asked him about arthur/morgana and he was like " hum he doesnt know she is evil." thats all LOLOLOLOL
( i remember when he compared her to a wallet haha )
he get interested when its about the knights , i think bradley is basically just a little kid inside...playing with swords , shy when it comes to girls , hanging with with his knightly friends haha and teasing Angel :)))
A real kid!!! i thought so too! :D Wait, Arthur doesn't know Moragana's evil?????
the conference was about season 3 :) , the french are a little late haha
een jaar geleden RosalynCabenson said…
yeah, Bradley's not very intrested in Arwen lol
glad to I'm not alone with thinking he's such a child XDD
But he's always so funny to watch I can't say how much I like it when he makes those faces *_*

lol, the Germans are late too, season 3 hasn't really stared yet here (only the first 2 eps). Watching the original is much better anyways ;)
bradley is interested in NOTHING except sword and knight so its ok :)
it's just him =) we love him =)
een jaar geleden EPaws said…
wink
Honestly? I think it is an extremely good move not to mention all things ARWEN, since it is the subtext of every group out there and fascinates everyone, including the haters lol. It is a secret weapon in fact and caused the greatest growth spirt in audience and pretty much world domination by countries, outside the UK taking interest and ordering the series in droves. No one is stupid on that set. Let sleeping dogs lie. Just my opinion.

Judge by what is NOT said....not what is. Judge by the actions and the topics supported and grown. Not what will appease the vocal and often stupid with indignation.

As to the boy, oh lord, he was bored out of his mind, but for the odd bright spot. I give him many kudos for admitting he has never had so much fun until recently.

It really would be a good idea next time to include beyond the hallowed 4some more of the cast to bring variety and the energy back to these things. It is the collective that makes it good.

Sorry for interjecting. Just felt like it.

last edited een jaar geleden
11rod88staff11 commented…
This is a really, really really good post. I think his boredom is actually kind of a defense mechanism. Perhaps he straight up doesn't want to talk about it for personal reasons like it would certainly open a very vulnerable area to trigger haters/racists who can't bare to see a black woman with a white man. And u know.... een jaar geleden
Also, it must be lonely for Angel sometimes, colorblind casted constantly the only black female amidst an all white cast (the black male characters do not bare the burden that she does)... it would not be such a trigger if she had a role meer similar to Tom the blacksmith of Elyan... It's a very exposed position she is in, that must demand unimaginable emotional and psychological endurance and personal boundaries and she embodies all these with grace... yet I can't imagine it does not wear on her and I suspect Bradley deflects the potential for this kind of conflict (it wouldn't even have to be direct conflict, this kind of tension in the room can be felt energetically too...) with a display of boredom that appears typical of his personality type but from his acting performances we know that there is much meer to him than is on the surface.... een jaar geleden
And to add to that... the producers/those in charge who did colorblind cast angel... They did their job.... they gave a strong and authentic reason for casting her and that she was the best person for the job and I imagine that a lot of the white cast and crew and executive board is well aware of the can of worms that can explode should certain vragen be triggers but because it was a colorblind casting, and the toon is not about race, it's also not their place to open of respond to a dialogue about race. een jaar geleden
It was bitterly ironic that Angel's volgende project in Dancing on the Edge was all ABOUT race and how it relates to how white people receive a performing group of blacks. Her character is murdered in her prime in this race war door a white person who didn't like that she was Chosen and rose to fame. She was a martyr and a symbol of the fall out of racism on DotE and the toon expresses in no uncertain terms what I imagine she was feeling over half a decade of Merlin. #lovemerlinhateracism een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden daenerys said…
Bradley can be so frustrating, but I do (sometimes) appreciate his forthrightness. Whatever his feelings for Arwen are they become irrelevant onscreen because he sure does sell Arthur's love for Gwen; and I'm buying all of it.

I agree Stace. Would love to have some of the knights on, especially Rupert. He's been around long enough.
last edited een jaar geleden
I buy it as well... there is meer to Bradley than what is on the surface. I suspect his appearance of boredom is actually an act of protection of Angel and of the right for all of Merlin to cast their characters with integrity based on which actor has earned their role. I once saw Angel and Colin leaving Pierrefonds and there were two body guards walking volgende to angel and they both had their arms out in front of her and to the side. They didn't seem concerned with guarding Collin (although he was following behind them). And that's when it occurred to me that Angel of all the cast was at the most risk of some weird fan conflict and hence the extra protective attention... een jaar geleden
omg, watch him at this:
(and Colin speaks French - adorable!)