Beauty and the Beast Random Question...

marissa posted on Oct 28, 2007 at 03:05PM
I was watching Beauty and the Beast last night, and I noticed that in "Be Our Guest", Lumiere says something like "ten years we've been rusting..."

meaning they've been cursed for ten years, right?

The rose looses all its petals on the Beast's 21st birthday, so he's probably 20 in the movie. Wouldn't this mean that he was cursed when he was 10 years old?

But the picture of himself that he rips and that Belle finds later in the West Wing didn't look like 10 year old boy...

maybe I'm reading waaaay too much into this, i was just wondering if someone could help me sort all this out :P
last edited on Oct 28, 2007 at 03:06PM
save

Beauty and the Beast 10 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden akirastar said…
Well the movie is not quite clear on what age he was cursed so i don't know but maybe he means that they just haven't been needed in 10 years because they never had guests
een jaar geleden dazl said…
I heard a theory that they were stuck at the ages they had been when the curse was laid on them. It would explain the whole Mrs. Potts/Chip thing.
een jaar geleden tiz said…
Yeah, he was apparently cursed really young, which I think is kind of cruel for the enchantress to do to a prince, as young as the beast.
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden kateliness2 said…
I think that they didn't age while they were in a curse, which is why, if they didn't find love, they'd be stuck like that forever.
een jaar geleden xTobyxluverx said…
i noticed that too. [i watched it last night like u did! we're spaecial] anyway, iv always thought they were stuck in their age when they were cursed, but i still dont get the whole ten years thing. some people say its their like 20th 21st birthday when they're getting older, so maybe its something like that. haha, i was kidding. i guess the having no guests thing works, though.
een jaar geleden disney_prince said…
The not so great sequel based during Christmas explains it all. But the christmas sequel isn't very good.
Never going to beat the original
:)
een jaar geleden LisaForde said…
well i think that maybe there was an error in it because his turning 21 which means that if he didn't get someone to fall for him he will spend the rest of his 10 years he will die, sorry but i really haven't a clue
een jaar geleden Takuya said…
The beat was 11 when he was cursed and he was the only one who aged because he was the only "living" thing in the castle and most likely the objects was stuck in the same age for all that time.

Or atleast that is my theory.
een jaar geleden chickologist said…
well I saw the Musical and at the beginning it says the rose will bloom in many years
een jaar geleden QwertyOrPen said…
Regardless of the ripped picture, he most likely was an 11 year old boy, a spoiled orphan prince, and the enchantress was a very bitter witch to do that to a kid, not to mention an innocent little kid like Chip!