Book to Screen Adaptations Are there ANY examples of the movie being better than the book?

cressida posted on Oct 06, 2007 at 04:04PM
This is rather tough, trying to think of any examples of a movie actually being better than the book. Can you think of anything?

Book to Screen Adaptations 4 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden cressida said…
I have an example of one not being BETTER but being equal to the movie: the 1994 Little Women. I LOVE the book (I read it at least once a month) but the 1994 adaptation perfectly edits out scenes from the book that are my least favorite; namely Meg's life post-marriage. Plus the cast is brilliantly cast, and are amazing actors.
een jaar geleden iluvjesse said…
Thats such a hard question!!!!
een jaar geleden neeki said…
I didn't enjoy reading The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. I definately prefered the movie version! I found the book to be rather slow and dull while the movie captured my attention the whole way through and was very sweet. I also prefered the movie version of Bridget Jone's Diary (played brilliantly by Renee Zellweger). I did see both of these movies before i read the books so i'm sure that has some influence on my opinion.

Other than that i can't think of any! It's a tough one :)
een jaar geleden cressida said…
I just got one: Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen. Of course, I did see the movie first so I'm a tad biased but the only interesting thing from the book was noticing where scenes and instances were drawn from. Otherwise, it was WAY too scattered (as if a person in a mental institution had written it...)