boeken to Read boeken u HATED WITH A PASSION

pixie09 posted on May 23, 2009 at 12:41PM
hahahaa .. let loose, what did you hate and couldnt even finish because it was that horrible ??

boeken to Read 50 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden pixie09 said…
crying
i had to read "frankenstein" for english. the OTHER classes got DRACULA (which would have been awesome) AND I GOT FRANKENSTEIN .. WTF ?????? it was sooo boring .. and then i hear somewhere that the character and his friend are seen by most audiences to be GAY ???? D: AHHHHHH WHY O WHY DID I HAVE TO READ THIS AWFUL BOOK ????? "sobs"
oh btw i got an A- on the assinment on it :p
een jaar geleden r-pattz said…
its okay, pixiepie. *pats back and pretends to be sympathetic* hey, how bout i call you pixie sticks?
lets see... "Dreadful Sorry" is this really wierd book i found in the halls of my school. and we have to read "Farewell to Manzanar" for 7th grade. theres like no storyline whatsoever. ugh
angry
pixiesticks ?? D: LOL ... ye ye call me wateva ... i also REALLY HATED "hatchet" i had to read it in year 6 and AGAIN in year 7 .. OMG was sooo deathly boring, i swear if i see that book again, i might just have to ninja kik it then burn it then stamp on the ashes then burn then again .. ooook ... but that book was a hard failure too :p
Hatchet wasnt horrible... just pretty bad. well, i liked it the first time i read it, then i re read it and discovered that it really did suck.
we had to read The Hobbit last year, and it was horrible. i mean, LOTR is amazing, but the Hobbit was just bad. but that might only have been because we had to do tons of worksheets, essays, and symbolism shit
een jaar geleden Criminal_Minds2 said…
crying
Okay, you guys have had it easy. . .(i've just finished Dracula -awesome btw).
"Of Mice and Men" - Has to be the most boring book i have ever been forced to read in my life. :'(

Seriously, every word i read made my soul die a little inside.

Just thought i'd warn you. Don't ever read it!

=D

xxx

een jaar geleden snoznoodle said…
I had to read "The Mayor of Casterbridge" for yr 11 English. Oh my goodness it was sooo boring. It was one of those books you read 3 pages of and then realised you had no idea what you just read and had to go over it again. I don't think I ever ended up finishing it lol.
een jaar geleden katiecain said…
:O !!
Ya'll crazy, Frankenstein and Of Mice and Men are so good! Especially Frankenstein!

Umm... Lord of the Flies!
last edited een jaar geleden
big smile
you like frankenstein ???? :O
NO u LIE !! no one can like that death awuful book !! D:
it was so so so so so so so so so so terrible :(
i feel depressed just thinking about it
omg im going to rant if i dont shut up now ..
and this isnt a forum for arguing so if you like it that is .. good i guess, ill try not to offend anyone :p
een jaar geleden ky02121 said…
Twilight is one of the worst books I've ever read. Just terrible.
its not terrible... just bad. another one is this one i picked up called "Wild Animus." i stopped after like 5 pages. and one called "The Last Theorum" (sp?) it got kinda confusing and boring.
big smile
twilight?? bad ??? D: well ok a lil maybe :p .. i also could never get into the "tomorrow when the war began" books ... i didnt hate them exactly .. just never liked them .. :s
oh and the "keys of the kingdom" series. i read the first one, but it wasnt very good. actually, it was horrible and incredibly easy.
een jaar geleden forbiddenLURVE said…
the book we are studying for English now, Deadly Unna?
It's sooo boring.... i can't believe they chose such a book and it won awards and it was made into a movie!! goshhh.... it's gay as..
een jaar geleden katiecain said…
Yeah I think it's beautiful! Haha :D
big smile
HAHAhahhHAHHAhHAhHa i had to read "deadly Unna" in year 10 !!! wsas soooooo o o o o o o o oo o o o annoying :p
i agree :D
*hi5*
it's soo annoying
een jaar geleden velvet_fox said…
Worst book I've ever had to read was "The End of Mr Y" by Scarlett Thomas.
I won't say it's badly written - it's not - I just loathed the main character and the story line, I just hated every page. If I hadn't been reading this as part of my book club I would have stopped reading after the "mouse sex scene" which I just didn't need to read.

And I agree with KY02121 Twilight is awful.
een jaar geleden monique2993 said…
The WORST book I have ever read was "Lies of Silence" by Brian Moore. I had to read it for school and it bored me to death. The plot was predictable, the characters were average and the ending was terrible. Is it just me or isn't the worst way to end a novel is to kill the main character in the last line?
een jaar geleden Lunatic said…
Prophecy of the Stones!
link

La Quete d'Alexandre!
I had to read it for French class and damn did it ever put me to sleep.

And on Twilight, I liked it. I would never compare it to literature, because it would be killed, but it was entertaining. Yes, I would call it a guilty pleasure of the past. (I haven't read it in a while, nor do I plan to.)
een jaar geleden liissaaxx said…
Stargirl bored me to death, i didn't even finish it but gosh I nearly cried it hurt that bad. No offense to anyone who liked it. It's not the boring forced school book type and if i had to i would pick hatchet over it any day. We read Hatchet in year 7, it bored me so much and to make it worse when we finished each page we had to discuss it with the class. Arrgghh. But yeah Stargirl was bad.
een jaar geleden renrae said…
I had to read Stargirl.

I kind of liked it, but it was stupid. Stargirl was MarySue-ish.

And yeah, Twilight is messed up.

een jaar geleden jedi145 said…
of mice and men
frakenstein
lord of the flies
een jaar geleden 209edwardlover said…
HARRY POTTER!!!!!!
een jaar geleden hovergirl258 said…
the true confessions of charlotte doyle and most other stuff by avi. my school makes us read a book by him every year and they think he's the best athour like ever. i absoutly hate every book ive read byu him
een jaar geleden zuntiz said…
Breaking Dawn, hands down the worst book I've ever had the misfortune to read, I couldn't even make myself finnish it. I can't think of anyone else right now, most of them fades into the shadow of BD.
een jaar geleden harold said…
Boring books don't even show up on my radar for books I hate. For that, it has to be either REALLY badly written, or REALLY bad despite good writing.

Books that were really badly written:
TekWar, William Shatner
Inner Eclipse, Richard Paul Russo

Books that were well-written and still managed to be dogs:
The Amber Spyglass, Philip Pullman
The Darkness that Comes Before, R. Scott Bakker
een jaar geleden celebfan009 said…
I had to read "Roll of thunder, hear my cry" by Mildred.D. Taylor for my library lesson. It is a classic and it is really boring and stressful. The characters where all really boring, and they spoke on and on and on about things, so you knew what the ending was going to be about! If you ever see this book in a shop, and think 'ooo this looks good, i'll buy it' don't buy it!!! waste of time and money!
big smile
omg 209edwardlover, how can u hate harry potter? JK is a legend !!!! those books are so awesomely well written :p
... the main inheritance was deathly
een jaar geleden Lilrue87 said…
hmmm
I've never actually hated a book but the book I just could never finish was the Series of Unfortunate Events... IDK y.. I just never got into it. And Sisterhood of the traveling pants.
OMG celebfan i had to read that too and it was terrible! theres a sequel to it, Song of the Trees, that we had to read and it was worse than the first
een jaar geleden HerMelody said…
I read Roll of Thunder when I was 16 and liked it!... I also read the next one Let the Circle Be Unbroken, and The Road to Memphis when I was 17. They were better than the first, I think, but it's been a long time. People of colour had it very hard in those days and I found it interesting.
And The Amber Spyglass??? I LOVE that series and the Amber Spyglass is the best! *is shocked*.
Anyway... I know I'm meant to say a book that I despised, but I have no idea what it was. I read the first three pages and then gave up - the main character was too flashy, too materialistic and too sexual, fast cars high heels and dangerous men, she was impossible to relate to and simply annoying.
een jaar geleden xx_becky_xx said…
I found it difficult to read Brave New World. Again a novel forced upon us by bizzare minds in our English department, however they thought that this was a good book to give us year 8/9. We had just moved classes and after 2 years of NO work in english as we had an appaling teacher our first lesson we were handed Brave New World. I guess if i was handed it now it wouldn't be too bad but at that moment in time I remember loathing the book. As for other books I can't recall their titles. If a book is that bad they get sent back to the library asap without another glance
een jaar geleden xxgothkittyxx said…
You people are pretty much horrible ^_^
Most of the books on here like twilight and stargirl i loved.
But whats it to me? I'm just a bookworm :D
een jaar geleden ilovecreed13 said…
i rarely hate books the only ones i really hate are the whole twilight series the only reason i read them was i was forced by my friend, and the witch or blackbird pond i couldn't concentrate while reading that book
een jaar geleden szmootyi said…
I live in Hungary, so in school we have to read mostly Hungarian stuff, so you're not goin to know this book. It's called Be Kind Until Death, and it's about a 12 years old kid who goes to a fancy school because he's a little smartie, but also totally whiny and a huge loser. He hates everyone in his school (and everyone hates him too) except one of the boys in his class, I think he actually has some kinda crush on that boy, and blah blah blah, it's the most boring book ever, nothing interesting happens, and the main character is the lamest, most annoying, least likeable and relatable character ever created. Even my Literature teacher seemed to hate that book.
een jaar geleden percyandpotter said…
angry
Two books- Seedfolks and King of Shadows. Seedfolks is about people dying, then the living people plant plants, then the plants die, then the people die. King of Shadows is a guy who gets sucked into Shakespeare's time, and it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­O TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dang, now i'm all mad.
een jaar geleden Ashley-Green said…
I hate The Luxe, and A Great and Terrible Beauty. Both very poorly written books with awful storylines.
An dI love the Mayor of Casterbridge!!!!!! And Frankenstein!! and Harry Potter!!! ( - and yes; Breaking Dawn is TERRIBLE :P, and that's saying something; 'cos I really loved the first couple of books
een jaar geleden velvet_fox said…
"No Angel" part of the "Spoils of time" series. The only book I refused to finish as it was so crap. It's a badly written soap opera in a book, just DIE DIE DIE.
een jaar geleden OceanJewel said…
Catcher in the Rye, I wasted all of my spare time reading it because someone I know loved it. I didn't like the last Series of Unfortunate Events book, I read it one time and I don't really remember what happened.
ohhh yeah agree with Ashley-Green I read The Luxe and it was boring as and it didnt make any sense... damn shudnt have bought it ><
een jaar geleden italiangirl976 said…
lord of the flies. worst.book.ever.
een jaar geleden Mrs-Grint said…
Renrae, though I agree with you on MANY things, I really loved Stargirl. It made me think... ALOT! I agree that Twilight is messed up and, 209edwardlover I cannot control my seething rage....

A book I hate with passion is:
Skellig.
Worst. Book. Ever.
een jaar geleden ShadowRocksxxx said…
"dreams of rivers and seas", definitely!! it was one of those books where the storyline is extremely boring, you can't stand the main character and half the time you have no idea what anyone is talking about!! in this case almost every character was some kind of scientist!!!

it sounded really good on the back, but about halfway through i had to give up! it started off with the death of the main character's father, and the main character (called John) flying out to india where his mother lives. And thats all that really happens in the first half of the book. after that its just the mother disposing of the fathers ashes (she tips them over a pile of human waste. i'm not kidding!), John trying to get his mum to give him money, and there are lots of incomprehensible extracts of letters and articles written by John's father.

on the back it is described as "a rapidly unfolding mystery"!!! whoever wrote that obviously never read the book.

sorry for thet rant, but i wasted precious time and money on this truly dreadful book!!

other books were "pure dead magic" and "cherry heaven". both books were incredibly disturbing (particularly cherry heaven) and just plain weird. i could rant on about them for hours, but im not going to.
een jaar geleden LucidDreamer said…
I wouldn't say hate, but I'm certainly not a fan of the Twilight series.
een jaar geleden Dead_sins said…
crying
Heh, it's funny to see people hating books because they were forced to read them. I always think if teachers didn't force these great literary classics on rebellious minds more people would find them on their own and like them. I had my own book I despised because I had to read it for class. At the end of year ten, those continuing on in Advanced English were handed a list of the 'greatest books of all time'. I mowed my way through about ten of them, and hit the obstacle of "Tess of the d'Ubervilles". It took me two torturous weeks to read, and when I was finished I couldn't remember the storyline. To this day I can't remember any of it.

I also have an extreme hatred for Mills and Boone books. I got stuck in a house in the middle of no where and forgot to bring anything to read, and the only books in the house were those. Worst weekend of my life.
een jaar geleden deedeeflower said…
zzz
The Crucible
een jaar geleden LissaFan said…
zzz
breaking dawn was a bit of a let down at the end i think but it wasn't horrible i loved eclipse i didn't lyk new moon it was boring listing 2 her mope around 4eva. and OMG the name of this book is a secret i swear tht book is soooooo horrible i had 2 read it 4 a book report once ugh it wasted dead set 50-100 pages telling u how dangerous it is 4 u 2 read this book and don't read it 4 ur own safty ugh
een jaar geleden fuddle said…
The girl with the dragon tatoo was one of the worst things i have read in my entire life. Boring!
een jaar geleden glassonion said…
The Chosen-Chaim Potok
Great Expectations-Charles Dickens
Notes From the Underwire-Quinn Cummings
een jaar geleden glassonion said…
Oh, and Mary Shelly's Frankenstein...can't believe I forgot that one