Critical Analysis of Twilight Anti-Twilight Rants

renrae posted on Jun 14, 2009 at 11:36PM
Do you feel the need to rant about how much you do NOT like Twilight? This is the place. Please keep from saying offensive things (IE: Deliberately insulting Twilight fans or Stephenie Meyer.)

Critical Analysis of Twilight 115 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 115

een jaar geleden kayleebabee said…
laugh
I AM NOT ALICE CULLEN EVERYONE IN MY SKOOL WHO THINKS I AM I DONOT GO OUT WITH A FREAKY BATTLE SKARREDE VAMP CALLED JASPER
. IAM NOT AN EMO
. I DO NOT DRINK BLOOD
. I REALLY DO NOT THINK VAMPIRES ARE REAL I DO HOWEVER BELIEVE IN THE UNDEAD AND SUPER NATURAL
. PLEEZE GET AM GRIP ON MY EXBESTFRIEND SHE THINKS VAMPIRES ARE REAL I WILL SCRIPT THE CONVO THAT LED TO OUR FALLING OUT.

MYEXBEZZIE: DO YOU THINK EDWARD CULLEN IS HOT?
ME: NO.
MYEXBEZZIE: WHY NOT *sounds as if i have just kiled someone in her immediate family*
ME: BECAUSE HE IS JUST A FIGMENT OF SM'S IMAGINATION.
MYEXBEZZIE: *crying now* HE IS HE IS SOOO REAL WHY WAS HE IN THAT MOVIE THEN?
ME: THAT WAS NOT EDWARD CULLEN THAT WAS ROBERT PATTINSON HE HAS BEEN IN SEVERAL FILMS INCLUDING HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE.
MYEXBEZZIE: I HATE YOU YOU ARE SQEESHING MY FNCY FOR EDWARD CULLEN OH AND IF YOU ARE SOO SMART HOW ARE ALL OF THEIR EYES GOLD THEN?
ME: CONTACT LENSES. END OF DISCUSSION. I AM WORRIED ABOUT YOUR MENTAL WELLBEING.
*friend gets up and storms out sobbing and saying stuff about how the world is against her*

YOU SEE SOME GIRLS ARE SOO DELUDED THAT THEY THINK ROB PATTINSON IS REAL WTF!!!!!
een jaar geleden kateliness2 said…
I'll admit it: I have read all of the twilight books, and own a couple (the middle two).

I have a few characters that I like... Jacob, Emmett, Alice, Angela... hmmm. That may be it.

Mostly, I don't find them to be well written or have well-developed characters, plots, morals, etc.

I have been a fan of the Twilight spot for a little while and am considering no longer being one (goodbye medal for Jacob content...). I am really just sick of it.

Once I said that I didn't find Kristen Stewart to be a particularly fantastic actress, and someone responded in this sort of manner (not an exact quote)...

ZOMG! Wht?? U r jst rly rly jelus!!! shs way prettier than you and she gets 2 hang w/ vampires!!!

^^^ This is just one example. I have gotten a lot of hate for prefering Jacob to Edward.

So, I may just be done...
een jaar geleden renrae said…
kayleebabee, please refrain from using all caps. It hurts my eyes and makes it look you are shouting.
een jaar geleden katiecain said…
kayleebabee, Robert Pattinson is real. Edward Cullen isn't. (I'm sure that's what you meant xD)
een jaar geleden Myf_1992 said…
smile
kateliness2, I'm sorry to hear you are being verbally attacked for expressing an opinion that isn't "OME! THE CULLENS R LYKE TTLY THE BEST EVR!!!!!!! IZNT EDWURD LYKE TTLY HAWT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

aww, I think my brain hurts from writing like that.
laugh
yeah that is what i meant x sorry renrae i was really angry. now i just laugh at them all
Well, I was just watching mythbusters(a programme where two guys attempt to prove a myth plausible or not), and for some reason or another Jaimie had to remove the engine from a medium sized car. He tied a large chain around the engine and using a forklift he tried yanking the engine out. After around a hour he gives up as the engine doesn't budge, he then uses an axe to "loosen" things up, and in the process leaks car fluids everywhere. He hacks away for an hour (with a lot of effort), and then tried the chain and fork lift again, and only then after a few attempts is able to yank the engine out of the car.

My point is, Jaimie had to do all of this (with no intention of putting it back together again) to get the engine out, if he had intended to put it back together again, he probably would have had to spend all day removing various parts in a certain order with a lot of elbow grease to get it out without damaging anything.

I have heard that Edward removes Bella's truck engine because he doesn't want her to see Jacob. I'm trying to show some die-hard fans how impractical and stupid this is!

I know he has super strength, but does he have super unscrewing fidly nuts and bolts ability? And it quite obviously shows he's possessive, thoughtless, jealous, dominating and above all a terrible boyfriend. He's restricting Bella from seeing her best friend by any means!

Stephenie Meyer - What the hell is this rubbish you keep coming up with?
last edited een jaar geleden
I don't think he actually removes the engine. I don't think it is ever specified what part he actually took out (I just checked cos the book was around and it's described as a 'mysterious black object'). But yes, stupid thing to do Eddy. Just because Jacob is better than you, tut *shakes head*
een jaar geleden Plenilunio said…
"Mysterious dark object"? The battery, perhaps? Bella doesn't know because:
a) she's a klutz
b) women are not supposed to know about cars ('cept for Rosalie, but she's blond and stupid, so she doesn't count)
c) SMeyer doesn't know how car engines are
angelic
I am waging war against myexbestfriend and for what take one good guees that is right the "unbelieveably hot and droolworthy man in tha universe" Edward cullen He. Is. Not.Real.
I was thinking inside the books universe it's absolutely impossible that every single straight female -ha! Like there are gays or lesbians in Forks- nearly dies from dehydration due to massive drooling at the mere sight of Edward. No, really, it is not possible.

Think about the hottest guy (or girl if you like them) you've ever seen: an actor, singer, friend, neighbor, drawing (?!)... anything. Don't you know about at least one person who doesn't find them attractive or who thinks they're hot but have seen better? Or viceversa: can't you remember at least one single time when someone has told you about this terribly hot guy/girl and you've thought they were no big deal? It happens to me all the time.

The same applies to the apparent "dull Bella is dull" formula, which suddenly turns into "queen Mary-Sue Bella Meyer is queen, so get down on your knees!". Even the person with the best qualities ever can't please absolutely everyone except for a handful of blond, terribly mean, blond girls -no, the extra "blond" wasn't a mistake.
I asked a friend of mine (who's a twifan) why do twilight vampires sparkle, because SM gives no real explanation. And aparently SM wrote a passage, or said in an interview, I can't remember which, but in it she says that over time all of the vampires bodily fluids are replaced by venom, and this vemon is reactive in the sunlight, and tiny particles of it spontaniously combusts and causes the sparkling.

If you ask me, if an author is good then they shouldn't really need to explain their plots or characters or such details. And its kinda a weird explination.
What I remember about the explanation is slightly different. I read it long ago, when I read the first book and 'Eclipse' hadn't been released, or had just been released, I'm not entirely sure.

Anyway, I think she said each and every cell turns into a diamond-like substance, so each and every cell sparkles independently and it also explains why vampires are hard as stone (if you look diamond properties up, you'll realize they should literally break to pieces if you trip them, but oh well). Venom was involved, too, only in a different way. It acted as lubrication which enabled vampires to move. If you think about it carefully, you'll realize it causes more plotholes than it solves:

-If venom is more dense than blood (she did say that when asked about transformation and the excruciating pain it involves), it should all travel down the cells and well in the meyerpire's legs. How is it distributed if the heart is not beating? Osmosis? Really? Does it travel through "diamond-like cells"?

-Do the eyes also sparkle? And the hair?

-How did Bella manage not to go blind if each and every cell sparkles?

-If it is the only fluid vampires can produce, where is it produced if glands are atrophied during transformation? Do vampires grow special venom producing glands during transformation? She didn't say.

-If all the cells are the same, why is movement restricted to that of humans (only cooler because 'they're incredibly fast... and strong')? The should be able to move differently, even like reptiles, since venom-lube is so wonderful.

-If they are so perfectly perfect creatures, why do they have such a basic body? It creates one fluid that has at least three purposes: lube, poison and semen. Talk about specialization!

As I've said above, I don't recall the exact explanation and I'm not gonna run to the Lexicon to check it. I don't want my computer to commit suicide. Also, the explanation has probably been changed since then in a poor attempt to adapt it all to the huge mess caused with "Breaking Dawn".
smile
Which brings us to the Breaking Dawn alternate ending, involing a 7 car pile up, cars suddenly catching alite, and car pieces flying at high volocity causing multiple Cullen decapitation, and the warewolves do an Indian victory dance around the whole scene. Vini, do you think you can direct such a valube scene?
Omg! those pics, wetting myself laughing!!!!
*starts breaking things... but not dawn*

In the Harry Potter spot I've just found this pick: "Are you obsessed with harry potter or twilight more?"

A rude anti writing in all caps posted it. I've answered them to go to the "Twilight vs. Harry Potter" spot (or was it the other way round? Dunno + don't care) and reported it. If it doesn't get deleted, I'll report again. I'm sick of this plague every.freaking.where.

Geez, sorry, I forgot: Asvini, I wuvs you! Great pics!

ETA: just logged in and found more "Toilet or HP?" picks, one of them by a Twitard saying HP sucks. I don't friggin' care if she hates HP or not, but she can go hate somewhere else. I've had enough, I'm gonna start reporting massively whenever I find Twilight stuff out of place.
I know like!!!

Has anyone seen Walking with Beasts and other such series, where hey make like an animal documentary with dinosaurs (I loved it), well they made a drama series about dinosaurs coming through rips in the time line and causing havoc and there's a team of scientist and stuff who are trying to sort it all our, this series is called Primeval. Its made by ITV (British channel) and is well awesome.

It has nothing what so ever to do with Twilight, yet some person has asked on there "Are you a fan of twilight too?", its annoying! I don't want to go to the Primeval spot and have to see twilight shizzle.
een jaar geleden crazyduds2 said…
I know that there is a whole group of Twi-haters here on Fanpop. I am one of them. However, I feel that I cannot let myself go from the Twilight fanspot.

Unfortunately, I was a Twilight fan for about three months. I even took the liberty of buying a five dollar Twilight poster, which I now have to look at every day as a looming reminder of what a stupid decision that was. Luckily, I was not a fangirl-zombie. Thank God that hadn't happened or I may have never come to my senses.

In my defense, I would say that my writing skills and vocabulary have increased in three months of reading other books than in three months of reading Twilight. (It took me THREE MONTHS to read Twilight, and I finished Harry Potter 4-7, the thickest and most challenging novels in the series in a few weeks. Obviously Twilight was less interesting.) I guess I don't have as much of a rant on the book as I do on the fan base. My friend read a few chapters of Twilight, and realized how terrible they were from that.

Her mother, however, thought the books were great and bought every one as soon as she could. This somewhat disturbs me, and my interest for researching the fan base, as I could not imagine an adult fan of Twilight at the time. They're not the teenage girls anymore, guys.

Anyways, if you want to hear more from my rant, look on my blog listed on my fan page. Thank you for listening.
angry
I have found a videoclip of my favorite Spanish band in a bilingual Spanish-English Twilight spot! When I am supreme ruler of the world, one of the first things I'll do will be to avenge them!

ETA: yes, you've guessed it. It has nothing to do with Twilight whatsoever.
Oh no they did-n't.

I was browsing a forum on a different website and saw someone going: who's better, Bella Swan (from Twilight) or Rachel Berri (from Glee)?

Not only did they spell rachel's name wrong, SHE. DOES. NOT. COMPARE. TO. BELLA. MARY-SUE. SWAN.

Gosh, I hate that! Aren't there enough Twilight everything everywhere already? Apparently not, they have to take over the rest of the Internet.

I've been thinking hard, trying to find a connection between this Spanish band (they're called Amaral, in case you feel curious) and Twilight. The only things I've found so far:

-A song against abuse that tells you to leave your guy if he's abusive. It doesn't talk about physical abuse specifically, but rather, things like "how many times has he made you shut up? How longer do you think you can stand it? How many tears are you going to keep inside your glass?" (rough on-the-spot translation of a verse, sorry if it sounds terrible or contains errors)

-A videoclip featuring a vampire. But it's a "real" vampire: he's got fangs and he bites the girl.
^^ You poor chicken! Here sit down, have a cup of hot cocoa. Its gunna be ok, you're in safe, sane hands now :D
een jaar geleden Mermaid-Tail said…
This actually happened ages ago, but it was before I discovered the cat spot, so I had nowhere to vent then. On the bookworms spot someone asked if people thought Twilight was a good or bad influence (not in a pick, they used the answers feature which is a pet peeve of mine. I wish they'd get rid of the answers feature, it's never used properly) I answered I thought it was a bad influence and the person I answered to tried to turn it into the worlds stupidest debate. Like I said I think it set a bad example of relationships and her response? "I never listened to mozart and I'm in the gifted range at school" What? What in unholy hell does that have to do with what we are talking about? Also, I don't believe her for a second, because nobody smart enough to be in the gifted set is dumb enough to think saying 'I never listened to mozart, but I'm smart!' makes sense as the response to 'I feel Twilight sets bad example' unless the school has very low standards. Amazingly low.

Here's a link of the discussion, can anyone give me their opinion about whether I'm overeacting to find this so annoying, or am I right that her responses were annoyingly random/dumb?:
link
smile
BTW, I just sounded like I'm still mad about that whole thing, I'd actually forgotten about it because it was months ago, and I'm not still bugged or anything, it's just that I never had any place to talk about it before now.
kiss
Oh and um listen dearheart You are very sweet and i really am grateful for this spot (to whoever made it) thnk you for giving me such a warm welocome x If i could i would buy all of you a nice car and give you all loads of hugs xx
@ Mermaid-Tail, if she's in the gifted range, I don't want to know how the rest of the students are. She's the elite and her only resources are using all caps, saying random things like "I like peanut butter and I have blue eyes" and getting all butthurt when someone is actually trying to discuss? For a second I felt like getting down to her level to pull her hair and say "ur dumb!!1!"
een jaar geleden monLOVEbrucas said…
Sooo its kinda funny how i like twilight yet i join this spot :) but in all honesty it pisses me off... and i wish i could go back to last year and get my money back for the twilight movie and i wish i could meet stephanie and ask her... do you feeel cool that u changed how vampires are seen?
because really what bloody vampire doesnt drink blood? oh i know twilight vampires becuz she changed it!!

grrr

p.s new moon comming out omg how exctiing you gotta admit :P LOL

P.P.S haha i found some icons on here that are funnyyy omg! lolol
 Sooo its kinda funny how i like twilight yet i kom bij this spot :) but in all honesty it pisses me off.
I didn't know where else to put this, and I didn't want to openly put this in a link or question, because I don't want to offend her is a 'point and laugh' manner. But what do you make of this...

link
I think she's *beep* nuts. She has crossed the line. This isn't ranting, but bashing real people. I'm sorry, but I'm reporting this. I don't think anyone has to endure this and I'm not saying this because she happens to be a Twilight fan. I'd do exactly the same thing if I found a Harry Potter fan (or a fan from any other fandom) acting the same way.
een jaar geleden fanfly said…
IMO That article qualifies as abuse. I know that the whole point of that spot is to rant, but I still don't think that gives anyone the right to personally attack another Fanpop user. I recommend reporting it as offensive content. I did.
angry
I think that's the same person who threatened to stab me with a fork twice, called me a psycho, said that I would go to hell if I didn't start liking Twilight, and that I was a b****.

^ So she wants to stab you because you don't like some novels and you're the psycho? I'm lost here...
^ I usually have many many spelling errors because me and spelling just aren't friends but what I am friends with is SPELLCHECKER!!!!

Anywho, the person in question did mention ilovecreed, I think that's who she's having a bitch at, but I've come across ilovecreed a few times and she seems nice =] so that upset me a little bit, plus there's an article there stating the rules, and asked if there was anything sapherequeen (?) missed out, and I said I don't think its a good idea to name the person your annoyed with, especially if they're a fanpopper, but there's been no reply so far :/

And the caps lock it hurts, it physically and mentally hurts!
OK, so something been irritating me increasingly lately, and that is had Twilight been about anti-feminism and other things, it would have been an awesome book.

Had SM written the book so that it was about how Bella was taken from the care of one man to another, who is punished for independent thought, and is controlled by her lover Edward and about how she over comes this, has some kind of climax, some incident where she overcomes this power over her so she is independent, but manages to still hold on to Edward, then it would be an awesome book.

But she gives all these subtle anti-feminist hints, and touch of abuse and controlling, and male supremacy and says its ideal.

I didn't explain that very well, does anyone get my drift?
Plus there's Renesme, now putting aside the fact that she's completely illogical, had SM written about Renesme's trapped life, about this lack of choice and imprisonment caused by Jacob's imprinting and how she overcomes this, and maybe does fall for Jacob in the end, or for someone else, it would be a decent story.

There are other parts of the story line which could be used for this alternate novel.
een jaar geleden hadiychan said…
Twilight is a loader of girly crap!!! Edward the fag pier can go jizz himself ! And they have they balls to say that Harry Potter is ‘competing’ with Twilight!Twilight.. My God. Save the trees and stop writing bull!....
een jaar geleden Perplexed said…
I think my biggest problem is not the content or plot or even the dangerous implications for women and their relationships. I think the problem is that they are marketing the whole thing to pre-teens & young adults. I think if Twilight were on the shelf with all the other Harlequin romance type novels and if it were directed at adult women who have more of a filter for fantasy, high expectations and healthy/unhealthy relationships then nobody would give a crap. It's the fact that it's directed towards young, vulnerable girls who are only starting to form their understanding of love and relationships that makes it the subject of such disdain. I think as escapist literature for adult women it does just fine. As a fantastical manual for navigating relationships for young girls it's just scary and damaging.
Yet another flaw by SMeyer. My sister, who will officially be an optometrist when she graduates in June, and I were talking about Meyerpires and their fluids. I told her about the lack of tears, which is due to the fact that SMeyer claims nothing could possibly hard their stone-like eyes. My sister raised her eyebrows and cried "Well, then they'd all see horribly bad!". Apparently, the cornea is not a smooth surface, but quite an irregular one actually. Tears fill in the gaps and enable us to see things well. If we had no tears -and if our cornea cells didn't need tears to stay alive-, we'd see everything horribly distorted. So maybe that golden eyes thing is due to contacts after all :P

Nah, strike that. My sister tells me you can't wear contacts if you don't have tears: your cornea would get terribly damaged and you'd still have very poor vision.
angry
I've just had a look at the Renesmee Spot for the lulz. It's a site full of attention wh*res uploading random pictures of themselves posing as that demon spawn. And then it's the antis who are crazy and need to get a life, ha!
That "some one" (it's written "someone", by the way) is me. I am happy to see you are not offended, neither am I despite the unjustified use of ALL CAPS that, contrary to popular belief, do not make you immediately right.

I agree with you, everyone has the right to have their (not "there") opinion. You do have the right to say they're just books, I have the right to say some people need to get a life. As you said, it works both ways. If you don't like people saying things about Twilight other than OMGEDWARDRAWKS!!!1!!!!, I regret to tell you that you have come to the wrong place.

If you had read more carefully my post, which I'm inclined to believe you haven't, you would have realized I'm not saying they need to get a life because they have read the books and liked them, but because they are using them to shamelessly boost their egos by uploading pictures of them posing as Renesmee Cullen to the Renesmee Spot, which is absolutely uncalled for. I don't see people at the CSI:NY spot saying "hi guys, do I look like Mac Taylor, y/y?".

As for the nearly-stabbed-with-a-fork person, imagine you are in her situation for a second. Imagine someone told you they're gonna stab you with a fork or any other tableware item just because you like/dislike a certain fandom. If, in that situation, you'd just walk away, good for you, but many other people would not. And, believe it or not, they are entitled to not walk away.
hmmm
Ok, I'm sorry italiangirl976, and I don't want to sound rude, but how many people are going to come on the Critical analysis of Twilight spot and get surprised or confused to see Twilight being critically analysed? You don't have to adore something to want to talk about it, especially something that's become such a phenomenon. If you are sick of these 'arguments' (which are not arguments, they are discussions. We are not arguing with fans, we respect them and want to hear their side as long as they show us the same curtesy)

Nobody is 'attacking' people here. This specific thread is for ranting, we come here to get things off our chests or when we are the ones who have been attacked This thread is for the angrier feelings to ensure we never let them spill out to the rest of the spot and take them out on others. If you have no rant why are you on one of the rant threads in the first place? The rants do not represent the feel of the spot, so of course you'll get the wrong idea if you read them! I'd also like to point out this spot has a thread for PRO Twilighters to rant, when they have been offended by antis, so it's completely fair to both sides!

'good or bad influence who cares?' er, me. You see I have enough of a social conscience to not want people to be badly influenced. Something does not have to be real to set a bad example. Just look at the amount of girls saying they want to be treated exactly the way Edward treats Bella. Meaning they have been affected by the book, even if it isn't real. If you are not interested in debating about this phenomenon why are you on a spot dedicated to doing that?
^This is the last time I'm answering you. I can't be bothered when you seem to be reading one word and disregarding four.

I haven't said you can't post here, have I? *re-reads her own post* Nope. Post here, at this topic called "Anti-Twilight Rants" and start venting about anti people. It's not that you can't, it's just as if I went to some pro thread and started saying I don't like Twilight. You haven't said you're a fan, but I'm a psychic, you see? That or maybe you've picked a side too evidently despite saying you hadn't.

You'd laugh off? Good for you. Some people wouldn't.

Get over it? I'd better not answer this one. I find it too mature to argue, I just can't.
'arguments or discussions, same difference' there is a world of difference. An argument is people yelling at eachother, getting mad or petty. A discussion is two intelligent people sharing and debating viewpoints.

'if you small minded enough to actually think that way then you have more problems then having expecting to find a guy like Edward' first of all, people are all influenced by their surroundings in some way or another, especially young people who those books are aimed at. It's not being small minded, it's being young innocent and naive. Second of all it's fine for you to not give a damn about people because you perceive them to be 'small minded' but others do not want to write off a big group of people, so why come on and tell us to get over it? Just because you don't give a damn doesn't mean it's not valid that we do.

'I just finally decided to respond to it. Noting wrong with that.' There's nothing wrong with voicing your opinion here, but there is something wrong with going to a thread that's specifically for getting things off people's chests and telling them to get over it because it's 'just a book'. The rants thread is for rants, it's not like the people here spend all day stewing about Twilight, we just came to get somethig off our chests and then we forget about it. If you don't like or understand rants, don't go on the rants thread and certainly don't go on with a 'get over it' attitude because that is just missing the point of this thread. It's like you were seeking out a confrontation, because what else could possibly come from going to a place just for ranting and telling people to get over it?

The rest of the spot is for just general chatting, this is for letting out annoyance. Since you do not want to let out annoyance and don't want to see others do it then just don't come on the thread. Either that or go on the Pro rant thread and rant about antis ranting. I promise nobody there will tell you to get over it, because they understand the point of rants and the attitude behind them.
'And you say this is to "rant" well that's what I'm doing.' first of all, no it's not. You aren't ranting, you are trying to get others to stop ranting. All of your comments have just shown you don't understand what a rant is. Second of all, as I have pointed out, even if you were ranting you are doing it in the wrong place. Rants about what you were talking about belong on the pro rants thread, which you will find if you look for it.

Finally, just one thing 'I think that people who go about Twilight like its real and people who hate it just because are equally annoying.' I haven't encounetered anyone on this spot who hates Twilight 'just because'. The whole spot is full of people's well thought out explinations about why they dislike it. Maybe you'd see them if you were looking around the parts of the spot that are relevant to your viewpoint instead of reading and responding to a part of the spot that clearly does not apply to you.

EDIT: I feel I was ruder than I meant to be with these comments looking back. I was just grumpy and very, very frustrated with how many people have been misinterpreting the rants or the amount of people who came to the critical analysis of Twilight spot then asked why we were bothering to talk about Twilight if we don't like it. But being frustrated with that response to the spot doesn't mean I don't have to be nice when expressing myself.
hmmm
I leave for three days.... because of connection/hooking-up-a-new-computer problems... and come back to find this. o.O

First of all, I was the one who has been threatened with a fork. And it wasn't just on here, although it very likely could be the same person: I was also threatened through email. By someone I know. Someone I come into contact with in everyday life. I had the right to be a little bit freaked out, nay? It was solved, I told her parents, and it went over alright. Jsut know that this has happened to me more than once, with more than one person. Remember the saying 'walk a mile in someone's shoes before you judge them'? I think you should do that.

italiangirl976, this is a place to rant. It is a place to rant for anti-Twilighters. There is also a forum for Twilighters to rant. You seem to be neither, so why are you here? If you have a problem with someone who said something, privately message that peson. In the C.A.T. spot, we like to have balanced debate and polite members. It's the reason we've been allowed to continue as a spot. So please, please, PLEASE: Keep things polite, and if you have a problem with someone, message Dearheart (The spot creator. She looks after things here.) or the person you have a problem with. But don't come onto a forum that is clearly marked for something else and start ranting about something that has nothing to do with the topic! If you would like, can you start a forum for your purpose. But here, it is just miscategorized spam.

Also, to some people, your comments may have been offensive. This is not the place for personal attacks. Now, I know you did not mean to attack someone, but I would like to make this clear.

Please take all of this into consideration the next time you post.
Welcome, Ovybo!

Now, this is sad. I've found this link and decided to take a look. It's not the question I've found sad, but the fact that poor Sapherequeen has to beg not to be bashed. What's wrong with imagining unlikely scenarios? Is it forbidden or something?

By the way, I agree with Rachelwsz's answer. She'd probably kill him because of what that freak did to her ;)
een jaar geleden Asvini said…
I agree Plenilunio, I think it's a shame the fandom has got to the point where it is not unusual for someone to have to ask not to be insulted for asking a question. A few times I've seen someone ask a perfectly acceptable, non offensive question and have to follow it with 'please don't bash me for asking'. It must be annoying to not feel comfortable enough to just talk about something they like. Even with unlikely questions, because they still have merit. A good way to express how you perceive a character is to talk about how you imagine them reacting to situations that were not covered in the original story.

Also, I have to say, one of the things I found weirdest is a comment "...I hope that NEVER happens, for the sake of Royce and his new girl..." what? For the sake of the murderous gang rapist? That's whose side they're on? I mean, I know Rosalie isn't the most popular, but siding with that Royce creep? really? Comparatively I actually didn't hate Rosalie, there were no characters in the books I liked to be honest, but I certainly found her better than Bella, and don't understand the amount of dislike aimed at her. To me she never came across worse than most of the characters, and didn't seem more shallow (the main explanation for disliking her I've heard) than characters like Bella.
Agreed, imagining that kind of possibilities has a lot of merit. Unrealistic? Well, yeah, but Edward Cullen sparkles, so much for realism. And Royce could be quite a good villain, Twilight could use one or two ruthless *beep* like him.

Rosalie was just a stupid, self-important bimbo, but at least her reason for wanting Emmett changed wasn't "ZOMGEMMETTSTEHHAWT!!1!". And she was a coherent character, which is more than you can say about others like Jacob *pets poor New Moon Jacob*

Anyway, it's another case of SMeyer saying and not showing. She decided Rosalie could like "manly" things and she's said to like fixing and souping up cars, but I can't remember her anywhere near a car engine except when she drives her pompous car. It might be me,though, I haven't read the books in quite a while.
I know I'm a fan but this is anti so I'm posting here :)

Someone's got their knickers in a twist:
link

LMFAO I'M SO SCARED!
een jaar geleden jedigal1990 said…
angry
wow i just discovered this spot its perfect especially this forum twihards have been bugging the hell out of me lately they are so fucking annyoing i'm so tired of them posting all their twilight shit all over fanpop especially in the spots that have no relevance to twilight and then they get really mad at you when you tell them its not a twilight spot and that some people don't like twilight there has to be a thousand spots for twilight yet they want to post it all over other spots like the random spot and though it says anything goes its not a twilight spot and they continusly post twilight stuff on there its so fucking annyoing and then they get mad when you tell them to knock it off they say they can post it wherever they want its so fucking annoying i wish everyone would fuck off twilight or at least keep it where it belongs its not that i hate twilight because i never read it so i can't say that i like or don't like it but i think twihards should be more considerate to those of us who don't care about twilight some of them are very rude