Debate U Know What.........

MajorDork74 posted on Oct 18, 2007 at 04:38AM
I am just going to totally leave this Debate Forum altogether. I have had too many headaches from this place, and feel the hate rushing around from some of the people in here. I am going to stick to places that do not give me headaches.
I never had an issue of people disagreeing with me, and found good sport from Cinders (gotta love her!)...........but with some people who I can just feel the hateful fire from, it has been more of a headache than it was worth.
last edited on Oct 20, 2007 at 12:47AM

Debate 14 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden Kegel said…
Didn't we talk about the Rush-copy-and-pasts? Why should I even bother answering you, if it's just a copied-and-pasted opinion and not yours?
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden MajorDork74 said…
I do not really care right now. I share Rush's opinions.
Besides you just did answer by typing in what you did. Peace out.
AND, last I knew I had freedom to do what I felt. This is America.
een jaar geleden Kegel said…
Nope, this is Norway.

And I have the freedom to tell you that some people don't bother replying to copied-and-pasted opinions, no matter whether you share them or not.
een jaar geleden Cinders said…
Well, I agree with Jon Stewart, but you don't see me copy-pasting his transcripts.

If you really feel passionate about something, I suggest expressing it in your own words, using sparse quotes to support your point. That way, not only do you show your opinion, you show that you understand exactly what you're talking about. I'm not saying you don't, but just copy-pasting someone else's arguments isn't really showing YOUR opinion, is it?
een jaar geleden DrDevience said…
Actually, this is illegal.

You can copy small blurbs to support your own article... that is within copyright law... but to copy the entire thing word for word with nothing of your own, even if you cite the source, is just asking to get yourself and Fanpop sued.
This is so weird. Seeing all the comments from the Rush transcript.

Well, if you feel that's best, I suppose I can't say anything about that. Thanks for the sweet compliment. Do drop by again, every once in a while. You do have some of the most interesting arguments, and like I said, it's no fun if everyone agrees. Godspeed.
By the way, I was hoping you'd sign up for the Great Debate of 2007. I guess I'll just have to find someone else.
Oh good grief. All you were being asked to do is speak for yourself instead of breaking copyright laws.

I was not breaking copyright laws. If I were to try printing it on paper and claiming it as my own, THEN it is copyright infringement!
But it's different to copy-and-paste in a forum online! Especially when I give full credit to the one who originated everything in the first place!
Besides I highly doubt that Rush would sue his own fan(s)! Sheesh!
As far as I am concerned, this topic is closed!
It is not closed because others may not realize this and need to know it.

Fair Usage means you can, if you cite the source, use a paragraph or two verbatim.

You cannot, however, EVER copy an entire piece word for word no matter how many times you cite the original source and link back to it.

I could honestly care less if he sued you, but I do care about Fanpop getting in the mess.
OK, fine, he's not doing it anymore anyways, I don't really think it matters. Let's all just drop it.
Thank you Cinders.......
een jaar geleden lunchboxdude said…
it is strange how this has happened. i've copied and pasted like majordork has and nobody has ever complained. no trouble can come from copying and pasting. besides i doubt that rush limbaugh would sue a fan. that's just wrong.