posted by Shiki_Otherside
I've been a part of this fanclub for a while, and it's my favoriete club on Fanpop, so I want to share with anyone willing to read, my Disney Princess list. A lot of factors take place during their lijst including, personality, style and enjoyment of their feature films. This is my opinion so please don't be offended door anything. Also note, that I don't HATE any Disney Princess. I do hold all of them dear to me, even if I complain about them.
11) Merida- Before u all roll your eyes, I have to admit that when I saw the first commercial for Brave I was so excited and forced my boyfriend to take me to it the dag after it came out. I love her hair and how generally courageous she was. First of all, I really disliked Brave. Its story held a number of plotholes, and Merida was quite a selfish character, to me. She whines for the majority of her film, and acts like an unrelatable goofball for the other half. Who would risk their mother's life just to "change their fate". This wasn't like Ariel, who made a gamble on her own life and Merida didn't even know what the outcome would be. And why doesn't she sing!! I'm very disappointed in her character, but on a good note, I really love her hair :).
10) Snow White- Snow White, the first Disney Princess. Being the first, she worked out some of the kinks when making way for the other Disney Princesses. One reason I don't like her is because I really don't relate to her, because her target audience was a generation that I don't belong to. People complain a lot about her singing voice, and it's strange to me too, but her voice was actually populair for the the time period her movie was released in. I don't like how her age is 16, and yet she looks like she's in her 20s either. While I dislike her hair, In short, Snow White, u may be the fairest of them all, but you're not the fairest of this list.
9) Pocahontas- Part of the reason I'm not the biggest fan of her is because she's not a good character. She's kind of a mary-sue in which throughout her whole verplaats she's shown to have know flaws, and to preach about nature. Although her look is beautiful, at some angles her lips look very strange, and I don't like how she only has one outfit throughout her movie because that outfit is really plain. I understand she's a Native American, but I think they could have made her outfit a bit meer iconic and memorable. I'm a huge fan of her singing voice and some of her songs are my favoriete of all time. I lastly don't like how she doesn't get her Prince in the end of THE SEQUEL. There's a reason Pocahontas is still marketed with John Smith, BECAUSE THE SEQUEL TO POCAHONTAS IS HORRIBLE IS SO IS JOHN ROLFE. Pocahontas is a bit too bland and movie is a bit preachy for her to be in any higher on my list.
8) Aurora- She is one of the prettiest Disney Princesses because of the shape and angles of her face and its parts as well as her hair style and height. The main reason she is so low on this lijst is because she doesn't do much throughout her entire movie. If her movie was remade today and it had a modern twist on it like Tangled had on Rapunzel and Frozen has on the Snow Queen, I think it would be rather interesting. She would probably be a badass princess who has to fight an evil dragon in her dream to wake up from her never ending sleep. But in the version Disney actually made of Aurora, she doesn't get a chance to do much because she's asleep, which unfortunately stays true to the original tale. But someone on fanpop made a good point, she does toon hart-, hart because although she was in love with the boy she met in the woods, she was going to marry the Prince she never met for the good of her kingdom. If only Merida could have had Aurora set an example for her... Her songs, singing voice and personality are a tad boring though.
7) Jasmine- One of her downfalls is that she's the one Disney Princess who's movie isn't based with her as the main character. At the end of the dag her movie is Aladdin's story, not hers and I think this prevents her from ever fleshing out as a character. We know she doesn't want to be forced into a marriage, but instead of risking someone's life she decides to run away risking her own, and ends up doing what is right in the end. Her song is one of my favorite's and I love her striking features like her eyes, hair, and signature taling, groenblauw outfit.
6) Tiana- I LOVE her hardworking personality, and I think she is one of the prettiest Disney Princesses. My main downfall with her is her movie. The movie is the one Disney Princess film that doesn't feel like a classic to me. It starts off beautiful and ends nice but the middle is where it gets strange. One of the biggest problems I had with this movie is the songs. Excluding "Almost There" the rest of my songs are my least favoriete of a Disney Princess film ever, because they all sound alike!! And I loathed some of the characters who appeared along side of her, Mama Odie is really strange and I can't find myself being sad at the end of the movie when straal, ray dies because his unappealing personality and how he looked. I feel like Tiana falling in love with Naveen happened a little fast, I don't think how she acted as a frog is really how Tiana as a character (that we learned what she was like when she was human) would have acted.
5) Ariel- She is the only Disney Princess who is a mythical creature and one of the coolest one's ever. Her hair and purple shells and green tale are iconic and the world, and her song "Part of Your World" is one of those Disney songs that hits home pagina on a lot of level for me. She's adventure and zealous. Jodie Benson does and amazing job actually bringing the character to life. And even when Ariel can't talk she shows off meer personality than some of the other princesses. My one downfall in this movie is that u don't learn much from her. She makes a deal with the devil, does pretty much nothing, and still get's her happy ending at the end.
4) Cinderella- She is the leader of the Disney Princesses and it isn't hard to see why. She has great signature songs and personality is very classic and hart-, hart warming. Everything about his is memorable, her life, her look, her dresses, her family....everything. She teaches us that having faith is one of the most important parts in having our dreams come true.
3) Belle- When I was younger though I always liked my number one, I always related the most to Belle. She was the bookworm like me. She wanted adventure, just like me. She believed in enchantment and magic, just like me.. She's a beautiful character and her movie is beautiful. She love's the prince because of his personality, not because of his appearance. Her dresses are iconic, her look is iconic and her stories are iconic. She is probably the most perfect Disney Princess.
2) Rapunzel- I was a bit skeptical when Tangled came out because I didn't know how they would break the Disney Princess cliche personality when they already had the hardworking and courageous Tiana. Her personality in the end turned out quite endearing. She was naive, shy but courageous when she had to be. The perfect blend of classic princess and modern princess. Her big eyes and blond hair, although annoying to some are her signature as well as her purple dress and I love them. Her villain is great because it was the person who raised her and she emotionally abused her which I thought was an interesting take on the villain role. I love her pop songs, I thought it was a good style to ease people back into the Disney Princess fanbase. In conclusion I love Rapunzel.
1) Mulan- Okay so she's not a princess but she's a Disney Princess because she's a great role model and was gegeven honor door the emperor, who is similar to a King. She is fearless, beautiful and well, perfect. She risks her own life early on in the movie, door going to war in her Father's place. She becomes strong and the arguably best soldier in the army not only using her strength but her brains as well. Her song Reflection is my favoriete Disney Song ever. It's beautiful and anyone can relate to it. One of the best parts of Mulan is watching how she acts when she's a guy, she's funny and very entertaining.
My lijst is bound to change a bit when Elsa and Anna are released, but this is the gist of my list!