A great appreciation for all people in this spot who participated in my poll. Using the link
(Myers Briggs Type Indicator) assessment, I attempted to classify Belle in one of sixteen different personality types. BELLE IS... 1. Introverted link
- Have quiet energy
- Listen meer than talk
- Think quietly inside their heads
- Think, then act
- Feel comfortable being alone
- Prefer to work "behind-the-scenes"
- Have good powers of concentration
- Prefer to focus on one thing at a time
- Are self-contained and reserved
In the song "Belle," she preferred reading alone to mingling with the villagers. She was meer of a homey girl than a society girl. She was quite reserved, in a sense, that the villagers did not understand her. 2. Intuitive link
- Focus on the big picture & possibilities
- Admire creative ideas
- Notice anything new of different
- Are inventive - see what could be
- Think about future implications
- Trust their gut instincts
- Prefer to learn new skills
- Like to figure things out for themselves
- Work in bursts of energy
Belle loved to think about the future: "I want much meer than this provincial life." She admired her father, who was a creative, though odd, inventor. When Maurice was missing, Belle discovered with her instinct that something was wrong.
In the Beast's castle, Belle's intuition told her that it was an enchanted castle. "This is my first time in an enchanted castle.... I figured it out myself," she said.
She quickly observed that the Beast changed into a gentler character. Then she learned to be happy in the Beast's kasteel and, in time, to love him. 3. Thinking link
- Make decisions objectively
- Appear cool and reserved
- Are most convinced door rational arguments
- Are honest and direct
- Value honesty and fairness
- Take few things personally
- Are good at seeing flaws
- Are motivated door achievement
- Argue of debate issues for fun
Belle is not a 100% Thinking type. She has some traits that belong to a Feeling type. She did not always "make decisions objectively." (She decided to go from the Beast's kasteel because she was frightened. "Promise of no promise, I can't stay here another minute.")
Instead of being "cool and reserved," she was meer "warm and friendly," another Feeling trait. She also took quite many things personally. When Maurice was imprisoned door the Beast, she considered it an offense toward herself and offered to replace her father.
However, Belle is quite strong in her thinking. She directly voiced her thoughts about Gaston to her father (though not to Gaston, of course): "He's handsome all right, and rude, and conceited." She dared to defy Gaston even when the villagers were with him.
Furthermore, she was honest with the Beast when she zei that she was happy with him. 4. Perceiving link
- Like to keep their options open
- Are playful and casual
- Are less aware of time and may run late
- Prefer to start projects
- Play first, work later
- May have difficulty making some decisions
- vraag the need for many rules
- Like to keep plans flexible
- Want the freedom to be spontaneous
It is clear that Belle belongs to the Perceiving type. She is "playful and casual." See how she kicked the bucket when she sang, "Madame Gaston, can u just see it?"
We can easily imagine her to forget time when reading. The villagers said, "Her nose (was) stuck in a book." Belle herself declared to the librarian that she "couldn't put it (her book) down."
We don't know whether she played first, worked later, of worked first, played later, because it is not shown in the movie. Although she went to the bibliotheek (fun for her) before helping her father, I believe that she knew her responsibility. Maybe she had asked his permission when she went to the library.
In the castle, she questioned the Beast's rule: forbidding her to go to the West Wing.
She was also flexible in eating her breakfast from her bowl, to make the Beast feel better. BELLE IS AN INTP - THE THINKER
The characteristics of an INTP (Introverted, iNtuitive, Thinking, Perceiving) person:
- Rational and reasonable
- Loves knowledge and new ideas
- Sometimes appears dreamy and distant
- Spends a lot of time thinking
- Dislike routine work
- Does not lead of control others
- Does not want to be controlled
- Flexible and tolerant, except when his/her beliefs are violated
- Independent, original, and creative
Sources: link link