My top, boven 50 Disney Songs
The Disney songs we all know and love.
This is the seconde part to my top, boven 100 Disney songs, but instead of calling it part 2 I thought I'd give it a different name altogether. I hope u like my lijst and I hope many of u will agree with the songs I've chose. I have changed the songs around about 662 times, so some of the lijst may change. So here it is, my top, boven 50 Disney songs. Sorry if u don't agree and enjoy!
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo 'Put 'em together and what have u got..'
- A fun magical song that always has me singing and dancing along. It always gets me in a good mood whenever I hear it.
#49; Peter Pan
- You Can Fly 'Think of Christmas, think of snow..'
- A nostalgic song that brings back many memories. It's the song that always made me want to be in the movie and flying alongside of them. A simple but sweet song.
#48; Mary Poppins
- Sister Suffragette 'Though we adore men individually, we agree that as a group they're rather stupid..'
- I think many people agree with that line! A great start to the movie. This funny song is about Mrs Banks wanting women to be treated equally with men. Her unique voice is an added bonus to the great song.
#47; Peter Pan
- Following The Leader 'Tee dum, tee dee, a teedle ee do tee day..'
- A fun song about sticking together and the fun they're going to have in Neverland. It always gets me singing along and is a great song to a great movie.
#46; The Jungle Book
- The Bare Necessities 'Forget about your worries and your strife..'
- I think just about everybody knows this song and most people love it. It's a fun song about enjoying life and that when you're feeling worthless just think of the 'bare necessities' and they'll come to u eventually.
#45; Mary Poppins
- Feed The Birds 'Although u can't see it, u know they are smiling..'
- A beautiful, sad song that was infact Walt Disney's most favourite song. I never used to like this song as a kid, but now that I'm older I have grown to appreciate it for the beauty that it is. The instrumental is also amazing.
- Sing Sweet Nightingale 'Oh sing sweet nightingale..
- A simple but sweet song that is a great add to the movie. We first hear the ugly stepsisters attempt to sing it which makes me laugh, but then it moves to Cinderella who sings it beautifully. (Seriously everyone look up the Dutch version of this song and listen to the Ugly Stepsisters, its the best version haha)
- Reflection 'Why is my reflection someone I don't know..'
- A beautiful song about how Mulan feels that what everyone expects of her is not what she wants to be. She wants to prove everyone wrong and this is just before she decides to go to war with her dad's best wishes at heart. The song is a little short, but very meaningful.
42; Beauty and the Beast
- Be Our Guest 'A avondeten, diner here is never seconde best..'
- A fast-paced song that always gets me in a good mood. Even though it's singing about something so simple, the song is amazing. It's also singing about one of my favourite things: FOOD.
- That's How u Know 'That's how u toon her u love her..'
- One of the most catchy Disney songs ever! It's not nostalgic like most the songs on my lijst as it's new but it still deserves a place in my lijst because it's just that good.
40; The Jungle Book
- I Wanna Be Like You 'An ape like me can learn to be human too..'
- I think just about everybody knows this song. If u don't then.. well.. look it up :) It's a fun song about how King Louis wants to be human as he's tired of 'monkeying around' -- It has such a good beat which makes u want to dance.
39; Mary Poppins
- Let's Go Fly A Kite 'Up to the highest height..'
- This is probably one of the most nostalgic songs on my lijst as it brings back so many memories. That is mainly why it is on my list. I think it's quite underrated as no one really talks about it. I hope u like it too.
- When u Wish Upon A Star 'Anything your hart-, hart desires will come to you..'
- Disney's theme song! Just about every Disney fan knows this song as it's played before every Disney movie. A very inspirational, meaningful song.
37; The Lion King
- Can u Feel The Love Tonight 'There's a calm surrender to the rush of day..'
- A beautiful song about Simba and Nala's romance for each other. A lovely song which doesn't need much beschrijving as it speaks for itself really.
36; Pocahontas II
- Where Do I Go From Here 'Which is the voice that I was meant to hear..'
- I'm not a big fan of the sequel to Pocahontas but this song makes up for it. It's beautiful and it's about Pocahontas trying to choose her correct path. Beautiful vocals.
- Zero To Hero 'Bless my soul, Herc was on a roll..'
- I never used to like this song that much but lately I've started loving it. It's about how Hercules went from nothing to.. something. The Gospel singers might not be everyone's cup of thee but I like them anyway.
34; The Little Mermaid
- Kiss The Girl 'There u see her, sitting there across the way..'
- A fun song about how Sebastian is trying to get Eric to kiss Ariel so Ariel's dreams will come true. I don't know about u but this always gets me singing along.
33; Lady and the Tramp II
- I Didn't Know That I Could Feel This Way 'Someone in my life just might be loving me..'
- This sequel has brilliant songs in my opinion and this is one of them. A lovely song about how Scamp and Angel have unexplained feelings for each other.
- Son Of Man 'Some dag you'll walk tall with pride..'
- A fast-paced song about Tarzan's journey from boy to man. It shows how much he has learned about life and he now has meer of a sense of reality as he's matured. The song shows that this is just the beginning, not the end.
31; A Goofy Movie
- Stand Out 'Til mine is the only face you'll see..'
- A fun, actionpacked song about how Max wants to stand out and be noticed. He fails but proves himself towards the end and this song is one of my favourites. It has a RnB vibe to it but that's what makes it good and different to most Disney songs.
30; Toy Story 2
- When Somebody Loved Me 'Lonely and forgotten..'
- One of the most saddest Disney songs ever created in my opinion. It can apply to any situation -- growing up and missing childhood friends.. anything. It's very relatable and is close to my heart.
29; Brother Bear
- No Way Out 'I cannot hide the shame..'
- A sad song about how Kenai feels that he has let Koda down and even though the past cannot be changed, the future can be created.
- Two Worlds 'Trust your heart, let fate decide..'
- A gripping start to the movie, tonen us that even though we look/act different we are all part of one family. This song is also played at the end when Tarzan now lives with Jane which is the two worlds joining together to create one.
27; Sleeping Beauty
- Once Upon A Dream 'I walked with u once upon a dream..'
A 'dreamy' song about how Aurora and Phillip feel like they have met before, perhaps in a dream. This dream comes true at the end where they live happily ever after. A wonderful song to a wonderful movie.
- The Work Song 'She goes around in circles, 'til she's very, very dizzy..'
- A fun, cute song about how the mice are complaining about how bad Cinderella's family treat her. It's a simple song but it always gets me into a good mood and me and my friend love this song.
25; The Lion King
- Circle Of Life 'On the path unwinding..'
- An epic start to an epic movie. Just about everyone knows this song.. it's so inspirational and inspiring.. I have nothing meer to say, it's just an amazing song.
- Prince Ali 'Ali ababwa..'
- This fun, fastpaced song brings back alot of memories of when I was a kid and I love it! It is mostly sung door the Genie who imitates different people and different voices which makes it one of Disney's funniest songs. Don't they look lovely, June??
23; Beauty and the Beast
- Belle Reprise 'I want much meer than this provincial life..'
- A song which summarizes Belle's longing for adventure in the 'great wide somewhere' - it's a short song but the instrumental is amazing and that's what makes it high on my list.
22; Lady and the Tramp II
- Always There 'With endless love to share..'
- A lovely song from a great sequel. It's a song about the importance of family and is a great message to young children. If u haven't seen this sequel, then I recommend it.
21; Mary Poppins
- A Spoonful Of Sugar 'In a most delightful way..'
- A fun song about tidying up the nursery using magic. I think just about everybody knows this song, it's a classic. It always used to (and still does) make me want to tidy my room with a click of my fingers... SNAP!
20; Beauty and the Beast
- Something There 'I wonder why I didn't see it there before..'
- A lovely song about the acceptance of each other. Belle and the Beast come to terms with their feelings for each other and it's just a sweet song that almost sounds Christmassy. (Is that even a word?)
19; The Little Mermaid
- Under The Sea 'Down where it's better..
- A fun song with a good beat. Sebastian is singing to Ariel about how living under the sea is better than 'anything they've got up there' on the land. It always gets me singing along.
- Go The Distance 'I'll be there someday..'
- This song is very inspirational. It's about how Hercules wants to 'go the distance' and earn respect in the process. It shows that u have to work hard to get where u want to be.
- A Whole New World 'On a magic carpet ride..'
- A song that most fans of Disney are familiar with and are fans of. This song is very romantic and shows Aladdin's and Jasmine's feelings for each other as they soar across the sky on the magic carpet.
16; Snow White
- Whistle While u Work 'So hum a merry tune..'
- This is my favourite song from the first full-length animated movie. It always gets me in a good mood and always has me singing along, even when I haven't heard the song in years! It's stuck in my head! A simple but fun song.
15; The Little Mermaid
- Part Of Your World 'I wanna be where the people are..
- An inspirational song about how Ariel would give anything to be able to have legs and walk on land. She wants more. This song basically sums up the whole movie.
14; Mary Poppins
- Jolly Holiday 'Your hart-, hart starts beating like a big brass band..'
- My favourite song from the live-action classic! It's so fun and always gets me singing along. I've always liked this song since I first saw the movie all those years ago.
13; Brother Bear
- On My Way 'The sun will come out, wait and see..'
- I love Brother beer and I think this is the best song in the movie. It's so fast-paced and always has me singing along. The fact that Phil Collins sings it makes it that much better.
- You'll Be In My Heart 'For one so small, u seem so strong..'
- A beautiful song about the fact that even though Kala and Tarzan are different, she will love him no matter what and treat him as an equal. This song can be applied to many real life situations and is very inspiring.
- Just Around The Riverbend 'Beyond the shore..'
- A fast-paced song about how Pocahontas wants to choose the right path. A great start to a great movie.
- A Dream Is A Wish Your hart-, hart Makes 'In dreams u will lose your heartaches..
- A beautiful beginning to a beautiful movie. It immediately makes us aware of what kind of character Cinderella is. She never gives up hope even in the worst of circumstances and this song is very inspirational and close to my heart.
- Strangers Like Me 'Please toon me..'
- This is the last song of a few door Phil Collins on my list. His singing voice is what makes the Tarzan songs good and this is the best one in my opinion. Tarzan has a desire to know meer about the strangers around him who are similar to him. It shows him in a new light.
8; Beauty and the Beast
- Belle 'Everyday like the one before..'
- The first song of the movie which basically summarizes who Belle is as a character and what her life is like. It immediately tells us that she wants meer than the 'provincial life' and makes u want to watch the rest of the movie.
7; The Lion King
- I Just Can't Wait To Be King 'Let every creature go for broke and sing..'
- A fun song about how Simba is looking vooruit, voorwaarts to ruling the pridelands. He and Nala mock Zazu throughout the song, which makes it funny. It always makes me sing along and always gets stuck in my head! My favourite song of the movie.
6; The Little Mermaid
- Part Of Your World Reprise 'But I know something's starting right now..'
- The reprise to this song is better than the original in my opinion. It reinforces how much Ariel really does want to be on the land instead of in the sea. In my opinion it's one of the best scenes in Disney history when the wave hits the rock that she's lying on.
5; Beauty and the Beast
- Beauty and the Beast 'Neither one prepared..
- I think everyone in the World who knows Disney has heard this song before. It's a classic song that will live on forever and is what makes Disney so great. It doesn't really need much explanation, it's just an amazing song.
- Colours Of The Wind 'Have u ever heard the wolf cry to the blue maïs moon..'
- A beautiful song where Pocahontas is teaching John Smith about the joys of nature that he takes for granted. She changes his perception of life and it's inspiring.
- I'll Make A Man Out Of You 'Tranquil as a forest..'
- I never really used to like this song that much but over time I've grown to love it. Donny Osmond's voice is great in this song as Shang teaches the army how to fight. An inspirational song.
- I Won't Say I'm In Love 'At least out loud I won't say I'm in love..'
- I've always liked this song and that is why it is at number 2. Meg doesn't want to admit her feelings for Hercules as she does not want to be hurt again (which makes her one of the most realistic Disney heroines as shes had her heartbroken in the past) I think this song is the best song in the movie.
1; Lady and the Tramp
- Bella Notte 'The night will weave its magic spell, when the one u love is near..'
- I think this song is absolutely beautiful and it's one of Disney's most iconic moments. Lady and the Tramp are my favourite Disney couple and this is my favourite Disney song. It is one of Disney's most romantic songs ever.
I hope u enjoyed my lijst and I hope u agree with some of it. Please do not leave hate comments, but constructive criticism is welcome.
On this lovely Bella Notte..