Fairy Tales & Fables Has anyone heard of: in The Company of Wolves?

Sinna_Hime_chan posted on Feb 19, 2012 at 06:27AM
Has anyone read the book or seen the film?
I did a university paper on this for sybolism, because -though it might seem "cheesy" today, it was quite intriguing to me really, once studied closely, just as Little Red Riding Hood. (This being a variant of):

Angela Carter's short story collection, "The Bloody Chamber" [published in her 1996 anthology, "The Curious Room"] became a collaborated screenplay adaptation with director Neil Jordan, in 1984 of a British-fantasy-horror film of the same story title, "The Company of Wolves."

It starred: Sarah Patterson, Angela Lansbury [as Granny], Stephen Rea, David Warner, and Terence Stamp [as the devil].

It is quite a complex allegory, although it has a basic premise of a girl coming into womanhood (what I have always called being a "Quicksilver Girl, and for a male: a manchild) -and that change being one feared and forewarned of dangers, yet unavoidable.

It was based on what is called a "Chinese Box Structure."

I loved Granny's quote {Angela Lansbury} -I paraphrase..."Never eat a windfall apple...Never stray from the path."

or another, "Sweetest Tongue Has Sharpest Tooth."

*'And one of my favorite stories within the story was the tale of the creature from the well. (It was very touching to me.)

Anyone have thoughts?
 Has anyone read the book of seen the film? I did a universiteit paper on this for sybolism, beca

Fairy Tales & Fables 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden Sinna_Hime_chan said…
wink
Perhaps this screencap seems more traditional? familiar? yet this faery's tale contains some strange, unlikened, dream-sequences that I found extremely weaving and bizare'o.
 Perhaps this screencap seems meer traditional? familiar? yet this faery's tale contains some strange,