Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 54807 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 50201-50250 of 54807

een jaar geleden Belvedere said…
The clue is going to be on Chamber of Secrets. I've started reading and taking notes on anything that seems trivia material, which is starting to sound a bit Hermione-ish.:P Yeahh, I didn't get in either because I passed out just minutes before registration started. :/
een jaar geleden pokerface22 said…
big smile
I am so going to try my hardest! Opens to all in October!

Finally, back on a computer! :)
een jaar geleden StarKidWeasley said…
I have teh book on my person at all times. I know exactly when anything happens, so I can just look.
Wow, lucky. I'm reading mounds of Summaries for prep.
Augh, I feel like it's finals week again!
een jaar geleden harrypotterbest said…
WHOA over 2000 pages?! Nice work Biggers :]
Pot-er-more! (Think of it as a chant. Everybody join in!) Pot-er-more! Pot-er-more!
Pott-er-more! Let-me-in!
Pot-er-more!!! YAY!! I feel stressed. I'm more worried about this than I was for my final math grade. I hate math. >.<
big smile
WHOO!

lol^ I'm just going to hope. I suck at studying! xD. I'm little competition, but hey! If we don't get in, we still have October! :D

Pot-er-more! Pot-er-more!

WHOO!
last edited een jaar geleden
big smile
Mugglenet is going to Tweet as soon as the clue goes up. Have your Twitter open when the clock strikes 8AM BST!

I also found a really helpful forum. There are frequent developments, news, and theories that give you a better idea of how this is going to work.
link
It moves very quickly, so there may already be another page or two. :)
I am using sparknotes to help me study.
laugh
well, we still have almost 12 hours ish. And where has gaycheese been?? Perhaps..... given up?? muahahahahaha
I really hope she doesn't start popping up now, because I am too busy to debate!
Where is BST?
Wait, it opens at 3:00!?

(AM)
It's like in a time period from midnight-4am. I am not sure when it'll be, but that's the timeline i've created for the west coast.
Ohhh okays. Thank you.

What time is it where you are, then?
right now it is...... 2:25 pm
I'm two hours ahead of you. Here it is 4:29 pm
een jaar geleden gaycheese said…
u guyzz r so st0pid ur tocking abt tyme????? u relly need a lyfe
Oh, hey. You're back... I'm talking about time because I want to make sure I get into Pottermore.
LOLLLLL wutz potermor???????//
big smile
Pottermore is a website that J.K.Rowling created to give HArry Potter fans extra Harry Potter. It's open to all on October, but a limited amount of fans will gain early access. All of us here are studying so we can do it!
y do u evun car??????
een jaar geleden Gred_and_Forge said…
Car? As in the flying car Ron drives? .____.

If you're not a Harry Potter fan, you wouldn't care or understand.
Because I like Harry Potter. If there was something like that for Twilight, wouldn't you want early access?
We "car" because it is something that will continue the magic that is Harry Potter.
een jaar geleden wotcher-tonks said…
Gaycheese should get a life and stop trolling. GO AWAY.

We care about Pottermore because it's something that J.K Rowling created. And she is our queen.
big smile
THE QUEEN, THE QUEEN!! sorry. Got excited there. :)
big smile
You want to know what is so awesome? Gaycheese isn't even annoying me right now.
She kind of amuses me with her stupidity.
meh
Hehe... Right at the moment though, I'm calm and... calm... That's pretty much the only emotion I am feeling right now... Is that an emotion? If not... relieved... At least I have something (gaycheese) to keep me busy now.

I have WAY too much free time...
Lol i have to feed my dog :P
okay then. I don't have a dog, so you're pretty lucky :).
Yeaa, he's cute :D
smile
Well at least we have a troll to feed...
Awww I bet!

Paint it Black came on my iTunes. WHOO!
Yo Gaycheese, where did you go?
i red a blogg by a gurl n she ROXX
i just copyed n pastd
So I love Twilight, and this is just part of why i love it so much!!!

1. its so sweet and romantic!! its a really sweet love story, and Bella and Edward are such a sweet couple.

2. it shows that love is about extremes. like Edward and Bella are risking their lives for each other, a vampire and a human, and Edward and Bella do all kinds of things for each other for love, it shows that love really can conquer all!

3. The characters a re like, REALLY HOT! I mean theres Edward, Jacob, JAsper, Carlisle, Emmett, Mike, Alec, Dmirty, James, etc.!!!! YES the movies are more better and fun becaus of the fact that the guys are totally smokin! I mean theyd still be good without them but the eye candy makes the movies so much better!!!!!!

4. Kristen Stewart. Shes so talented and amazing! shes going to go far, shes really an AMAZING actress, and shes so pretty too! shes one of the best things about the Twilight movies!!!!!!!

5. Its epic!! I mean theres always lots of tension and excitment, and theres always some problem that happens to poor Bella, and they always solve it becaus of true love!!!

6. I mean seriusly, Action, romance, tension, drama….WHAT COULD BE BETTER!!!!!

7. The characters are relatable. I mean Bella is just an average girl, and she has problems that everyday people face. Shes MUCH better to relate to then say….Harry Potter, some nerdy wizard with a broomstick and dead parents… *caugh caugh*

And yeah some might say that vampires arent relatable cause they’ve like vampires, but like other then the fact that they’re vampires, theyre basically like regular people, TOTALLY relatable i mean they even go to Hish School!!!!

Anyways, this are just a few reasons why I love Twilight, but anyways, seriosly, TWILIGHT ROCKS!!

Peace,

LizzieBellashe is rite! twilite is tha best!
een jaar geleden Gred_and_Forge said…
^ TAKE IT TO THE 1000 REASONS WHY TWILIGHT IS BETTER THAN HARRY POTTER
1. its so sweet and romantic!! its a really sweet love story, and Bella and Edward are such a sweet couple.

First of all, the fact that they said sweet 3 times kind of threw me off. And they are NOT sweet. They are a couple based soley on lust.

2. it shows that love is about extremes. like Edward and Bella are risking their lives for each other, a vampire and a human, and Edward and Bella do all kinds of things for each other for love, it shows that love really can conquer all!

Sure, love is a great thing, but it's not all about extremes. It can be about the subtle things too. Smeyer pretty much shows that love is more imprtant than anything, but in my opinion, familial love is more important.

3. The characters a re like, REALLY HOT! I mean theres Edward, Jacob, JAsper, Carlisle, Emmett, Mike, Alec, Dmirty, James, etc.!!!! YES the movies are more better and fun becaus of the fact that the guys are totally smokin! I mean theyd still be good without them but the eye candy makes the movies so much better!!!!!!

That does NOT make them better. At all. Some guys are cute, but in my opinion, Harry Potter guys are better!! That does not make the movies better either. The HP movies are better because they have superb acting and an amazing story.

4. Kristen Stewart. Shes so talented and amazing! shes going to go far, shes really an AMAZING actress, and shes so pretty too! shes one of the best things about the Twilight movies!!!!!!!

She's pretty good, but not in Twilight. Bella is a whiny character who has almost no opinion or emotion. I suppose she did the best she could though.

5. Its epic!! I mean theres always lots of tension and excitment, and theres always some problem that happens to poor Bella, and they always solve it becaus of true love!!!

What excitement? There were almost no battles or anything, and when there was, Bella was unconscious. The only thing I gathered was that Bella loved Edward. the "problems" were just there to highlight their lust for each other.

Harry Potter , Narnia, LOTR.......... Twilight didn't have all those things. There were feeble attempts, but only some romance really happened.

7. The characters are relatable. I mean Bella is just an average girl, and she has problems that everyday people face. Shes MUCH better to relate to then say….Harry Potter, some nerdy wizard with a broomstick and dead parents… *caugh caugh*

And yeah some might say that vampires arent relatable cause they’ve like vampires, but like other then the fact that they’re vampires, theyre basically like regular people, TOTALLY relatable i mean they even go to Hish School!!!

Bella is a Mary Sue. She is not relatable at all. She is perfect and all the guys fawn over her. Harry is much more relatable.
And yes, they go to Hish? School, but they've gone many times. They are absoulutley perfect! How is that relatable????

I rest my case. Feel free to correct me, because that was the first debate I actually wrote down.

"1. its so sweet and romantic!! its a really sweet love story, and Bella and Edward are such a sweet couple."

It's lust. Edward is abusive and over-controlling.

"2. it shows that love is about extremes. like Edward and Bella are risking their lives for each other, a vampire and a human, and Edward and Bella do all kinds of things for each other for love, it shows that love really can conquer all!"

If your romance life has suicide and boyfriends that don't allow friends and are vampires and you marry and have a baby at eighteen, then congratulations! You are doing it right! *sarcasm*
We tried to tell you that 'love conquers all' is the theme of harry potter, and you said that it's unrealistic.

"3. The characters a re like, REALLY HOT! I mean theres Edward, Jacob, JAsper, Carlisle, Emmett, Mike, Alec, Dmirty, James, etc.!!!! YES the movies are more better and fun becaus of the fact that the guys are totally smokin! I mean theyd still be good without them but the eye candy makes the movies so much better!!!!!!"

I don't recall a single hot guy from Twilight...

"4. Kristen Stewart. Shes so talented and amazing! shes going to go far, shes really an AMAZING actress, and shes so pretty too! shes one of the best things about the Twilight movies!!!!!!!"

Yes! I love the part where she never changes her facial expression! Siriusly, she has no facial expression other than the furrow browed constipated look.

"5. Its epic!! I mean theres always lots of tension and excitment, and theres always some problem that happens to poor Bella, and they always solve it becaus of true love!!!"

And it happens every five pages! It's way too cliched. And the problems are so stupid!

"6. I mean seriusly, Action, romance, tension, drama….WHAT COULD BE BETTER!!!!!"

No action. No romance. Where the hell is the tension? No drama. There is nothing in this so-called book. Fascinating!

"7. The characters are relatable. I mean Bella is just an average girl, and she has problems that everyday people face. Shes MUCH better to relate to then say….Harry Potter, some nerdy wizard with a broomstick and dead parents… *caugh caugh*"

Bella- Ugh! I'm such a whiny little biatch! I'll take it out on my vampire boyfriend's vampire family! Wah!
Harry- I m a happy boy with actual friends and I take a while before I find the "love" of my life, which is more relatable. He tries to save people from a horrible fate while Bella mopes around because Edward is effing gorgeous.

"And yeah some might say that vampires arent relatable cause they’ve like vampires, but like other then the fact that they’re vampires, theyre basically like regular people, TOTALLY relatable i mean they even go to Hish School!!!!"

Well, they certainly aren't vampires, but they are meyerpires. Now, we can look past the wizards and meyerpire fact, and let's compare:

Round 1-
Bella finds the love of her life on the first day of her new school.
HArry finds the love of his life after six years at Hogwarts.
Round 1-HARRY!

Round 2-
Bella whines and attempts suicide when her boyfriend leaves her for her own good.
Hermione and Ginny keep their head held high when they are left by their lovers. They keep their minds focused on their goals and stay strong.
Round 2-Harry Potter

Round 3-
Renesmee Carlie Cullen is a monstrous demon.
Albus Severus Potter is a normal child with an awesome-er name.
Round 3-Harry Potter

Twilight Wins: 0/3
HArry Potter wins: 3/3

HArry Potter is way better and more realistic.

The following reasons are the only qualified reasons:
None.
^like.
Starkid, you did great! Better than me...
AGHH! PROFILE PICTURE CHANGE! Why whould you do this to me, StarkidWeasley?
Hello?
Hello.
big smile
HEY! NOW WHAT IS UP WITH YOUR PIC! YOU MONSTER!
Lol, jk.
I read all the FAQ's on Pottermore. I cannot wait!!!! :D
een jaar geleden FawkesTears said…
smirk

It's not romanti, it's lustful. They are not a sweet couple, a seewt couple is one most people enjoy seeing. Just about everyone in twilight hated their relationship.

They do not do much for the other. Plus, love conquers all s the message for Harry Potter, not twilight. That teaches you that a good looking boyfriend is the onlyway to succeed in life.

That's opinion, and has nothing to do with story quality.

Emma Watson blows Sewart out the window. She is without a doubt one of the most professional and beautiful young actresses there are.

Tension? Breaking Dawn (so I heard) is the biggest yawn of a book series finale there is and ever will be. In Deathly Hallows, you never knew who was gonna die next.

Harry Potter obviously.

Bella relatable? That must mean a lot of people are shallow and only care about outer beauty. Harry is way more relatable. At times, we feel alone (like he was with the Dursleys), growing feelings for soneone (Ginny) and sudden shcok at dead lovved ones (Sirius, Dumbledore, Fred).

Now just try again gaycheese, I DARE you to strike back.