Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 54807 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 5151-5200 of 54807

een jaar geleden hp_rocks said…
big smile
@RavenclawPride on page 201 - 7/31 is Joey Richter's birthday? shoot! HAPPY BDAY JOEY!! UR TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! :D
een jaar geleden potterrox said…
HI PEOPLE!!! I'm really late, but I'll try to answer your questions, but I'm too lazy to look up them all.
1. Happy Birthday, Ven!
2. Fred, I want a huge slice of e-cake!
3. Lemon, you are a strange and funny person.
4. I would want Lily Luna as a sibling, because I don't have a sister, and I always wanted one.
5. I would pick Lily's death, because I'm not brave enough to walk into it.
6. if anyone I knew was in real danger I would help them
7. Lemon- Chris Drew and Sour Patch both rock!!
8. Yeah, I do live in America. In good old Virginny! (Virginia)
9. My birthday is December 29th, and I'm gonna turn 15
10. Happy Birthday harry and JKR! I can't believe I forgot :(

I know this is completely irrelevant, but I finally broke that swim record that I posted about a week and many pages back!! And I made all-stars, which is this really hard swim meet to get into. I swim for NVSL, the largest outdoor swim leauge in the US, it has over 14,000 swimmers. And only the top 18 in each event make it!!! I'm soooo happy :)
een jaar geleden lucius_malloy said…
potterrox, congrats :D what was your time?
thanks!! I swam two lengths of the pool in 29.77 seconds
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden mooimafish17 said…
big smile
^^ well done :D
Merci!
een jaar geleden harrypotterbest said…
cool
O_o that's awesome :D crawl?
angry
HOW DOES THIS MAKE YOU FEEL??????????
link

quotes:
Meyer had not written anything much before then

There's nothing particularly fantastical about Meyer's life

He barely touches her, but there's more sex in that one paragraph than in all the snogging in Harry Potter.

That's the power of the Twilight books: they're squeaky, geeky clean on the surface, but right below it, they are absolutely, deliciously filthy.

Meyer wrote twilight in three months flat.

I feel better if I'm kind of in the center of things and I know what's going on.

Well how does THAT make you feel?
een jaar geleden souflizzle317 said…
^ It makes me even more ashamed to have liked Twilight for as long as I did (about 8 months or so) *hangs head in shame* Then again, it also makes me laugh hysterically because of how pathetic Twilight is :)
the first one or the second? cause the second is just, like, yeah, awful
een jaar geleden MarauderForever said…
Best, the second article your posted was interesting... considering even then Myer contradicted herself. On the first page she said she knew when she became a writer... on the second page she said she was never a writer, but a storyteller.

There was something else about it... but I just can't remember it now. ): It was something good too...
When you're writing about adolescents, melodrama and realism are the same thing.

Uh... What the hell?
@maraduer yeah i no ur right
best, I meant the second one, sorry if that was confusing :) MarauderForever, she's always contradicting herself, both in her books *and* her interviews. I really can't stand it :P

lucius, I don't get it either haha :)
Which explains exactly why the fans contradict themselves! Oh how the chain effect works out!

I really don't want Meyer and Rowling to meet. Bad Grammar seems like a disease. But maybe Rowling can show her what a real writer is like. haha.
big smile

just watch
lol lol lol
link
laugh
HAHAHA. That second post was just epic. In real life and in the Pokemon world, Meyer is pwned.
link
yeah, i just like posting stuff...
laugh
@ maraduer i no i love that jk defines vampires, meyer i confused lol
ps meyer in pwnded in ANY world
link
wow...
link
smile
ok, writing leagues:

Horrible authors - Ok Authors - Good authors - teriffic authors -

smile
wait - i forgot the top one JK Rowling authors
When you have seen as much of life as I have, you will not underestimate the power of obsessive love. thats Slughorn in book six
^ I love good quotes :) And JKR incorporated SO many of them into Harry Potter...
een jaar geleden LoveDraco123 said…
cool
I LOVE Harry Potter quotes. They are so deep and full of meaning- giving good messages to the youth all over the world.
My personal favorite:
"To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." - Dumbledore. =)
i love that quote. but against twihards, 'it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live'
Probably my favorite serious quote is "Time is making fools of us again."--Dumbledore. I always use that.

As for humorous. There's too many to count!
Hahaha yes! And because of Harry Potter, I started using 'Bloody hell' and 'blimey' and 'git' way too much! XD
LoveDraco, SAME HERE! I say those without even thinking about it. Especially 'git' and I'll slip in 'prat' once and a while. I say "(Bloody) Brilliant!" all the time too.
link

please help
Yes. I think Ron's language has had the most influence on me. LOL. xD
I showed my cousin the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows trailer today, and I hated her reaction. -.- She was like, "That was stupid." I got mad because I think it's pretty epic! :)
what about 'why in the name of Merlin's saggy left -'
or Merlin's Pants!
Hahaha. Actually I say Dobby's Sock a lot to the people who understand what I mean XD I would love to memorize that Elder Swear. I have a fowl language, sometimes. xD
een jaar geleden luv_warriorcatz said…
i luv dobby's sock!
hey, do you guys know that Harry Potter books are on the most banned books, and they have been burned too? apparently JK Rowling thinks this as 'a great honour' (but not for the burning - just the list)
^ I would probably take it as an honor too, because it means her books attracted enough attention that people wanted to find things wrong in it. You don't see books that have been read by about 100 people ever on the most banned list because people don't pay attention to them :)
^^ I would find that as an honor too. If a book of mine gets published and banned it means I've done my job. That you're making a difference and people want to stop those views because they want to find wrong in it.

My English teacher once said after giving as a list of banned books "See these? These are the books that you want to read, because they speak the truth that the world wants to shut out. You want to fight for these books."

In 3rd grade, my class wrote a note to Nick News when they did a story about how it was Right to burn HP books. We told them how wrong they were. THe fans always know right.
you (both of you) are so right
een jaar geleden lemony44 said…
heart
Nox: Thank you, I like being strange. AND Chris drew and sour patch are awesome.
Best: COOL VIDEO!!
een jaar geleden lemony44 said…
Bloody hell! For Merlin's beard! Blimey (sp wrong) me!! I LOVE RON!!! He's the best.
^ No, that's how you spell Blimey :) (at least, I think so....? Brits on here, back me up!!)
And it's only Ron who speaks like that. =D I was shocked when Hermione even said 'arse' and even moreso when Mrs. Weasley exclaimed "YOU BITCH!" in Deathly Hallows.
The YOU BITCH was one of the most epic lines in the novel, because it was so out or character. I'm thinking, go mrs. weasley!

And thats how I always thought blimey was spelled.
een jaar geleden LoveforSeverus said…
So I just got back from Florida!!!!!!!!
een jaar geleden TheQuibbler said…
IM BAAACK! but I'm leaving again in a few hours, *tears* hopefully they have internet access
een jaar geleden TheQuibbler said…
@lovedraco: one of my friends actually memorized the elder swear! she says all the beeping sounds and everything. it is now my next goal in life...

as for "NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!" it was one of the top 20 quotes of 2007 according to time magizine! I th

I love the "Not my daughter, you bitch!" line, but I still wish that Neville had killed Bellatrix....it seems like the right thing, in my opinion :)