lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 54807 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 17601-17650 of 54807

een jaar geleden harrypotterbest said…
What do you think?

Remembrance Day and the Past
The past holds many memories for us. There are memories we never want to forget. There are memories of loved ones that died, painful memories, but we remember. Why, then, do we remember? If it is so painful to remember, why do we?
Because we can’t forget. We remember because we love them, those who willingly laid down their lives for us. They went down fighting for us. They gave us the hope we need to go on.
Eva Olsson is a survivor of the Holocaust, in World War II. Her family (except for her and her sister) were all killed there. The past holds suffering. But, “All.... these things that tie us close... to what matters most... we cannot let go.”*
I was small when my grandfather died. I remember him clearly, some memories more than others, but I don’t remember his death. He died of health problems, I found out when I was older. I think I was too young, then, to truly understand what death meant. I remember visiting his grave often.
The past, it happened in the past. We shouldn’t look in the past to be afraid of what the future might hold. Eva talked about WW 2. The wars of the past, like that one, were terrible. We get sad over them, but we must remember to hope. That is how Eva survived. Through hope.
We are the next generation, and soon it will be up to us to help create the world. We look in the past as a reminder. A reminder of what happens to those who are consumed by hatred, and what happens to the innocent when people who can put an end to injustice remain bystanders.
There is always hope. Sometimes, it is hard to find, but it is there. Look in the past. All the survivors of these wars, like Eva, and hope and faith, but most of all, they had love.
As Professor Dumbledore said, “It is important to fight, and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
It is important to keep fighting, for if we give up, if we surrender, who wins?
What Hitler didn’t realize is that “[...] it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow up to be.”** People are not born evil. They are not born good. They grow up to be evil or good.
The past... we must learn from it, but we must not repeat its mistakes. We humans have repeated the same mistakes over and over again. But now, we must look back and learn from our mistakes. If we had done that before, billions of lives would have been saved. But that is all done, and we can’t change it. What we can do is look into the future with hearts that hold kindness, love, and most of all, hope.
Darkest nights turn into dawns... Golden lights are chords for songs of love... Something death cannot erase...***
*Song lyrics: The Bravest Man I Ever Knew, by Ministry of Magic
**Another quote by Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts in JK Rowling’s Harry Potter series.
***Song lyrics: A Phoenix Lament, by Ministry of Magic
No one here? D:
een jaar geleden LifesGoodx3 said…
Beautiful, best!
Thanks LG! :)
Oooh, page 707!
een jaar geleden DracoLuver said…
I was just wondering, what number are we on? Although we've listed many reasons, I feel like adding more.
I don't remember... we had a lot of reasons...
Okay, then ...

#3000+ - It's IMPOSSIBLE for Nessie to be alive. She's half vampire and half human. She thirsts for blood and she smells her own blood. She should have sucked her blood out and then half of her body would be drained, so she'd be weak even with her vampire ability. She can't be THAT perfect that she is pefectly capable of controlling her blood-lust. *sigh*
een jaar geleden boolander25 said…
^OMG epic win. You are my new favorite person.
een jaar geleden PotterForever said…
^^ haha, epic win
een jaar geleden GemonkDruid said…
Hehe, I'm missing out on the day DH comes out, as I'll be in some dusty town with a famous candy shop, playing Thriller.
een jaar geleden lucius_malloy said…
Okay then?
Translation- I'll be on band tour, playing songs like Spongebob Squarepants to disabled kids.
een jaar geleden mooimafish17 said…
Best that was great

OMG I'm so tired and so happy! When i get my comp back I'll type up what happened yesterday coz I hate typeing on my iPhone
Awesome, GD :D
come on, moo...
big smile
GD that's jokes!
You still at home malloy?
zzz
Gnight.
No, I've been back since wednesday :D
and I'm going to camp again today :D I hope I don't get sick again...
awww hope not :)
cool
Me too...
See y'all on sunday <3
een jaar geleden emilyroxx said…
crying
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My music player broke! I... Um... accidentally left it in my pocket and it went through the wash. NO!
Buy a new one then.
een jaar geleden tellymaster said…
big smile
I'm just going to comment and say that Harry Potter is so awesome that it beat Twilight by over 2000 reasons. ;)
cake
Woot!!!
Yay! :D Hi guys! :D
I find it funny how we're on page 707 and Twi is on 30.
Yup! pg 707!
Almost to...
New Page!
As of now, I have 70 albums in total. Should I stop to let you guys catch up? :D
Wow, really?
I don't buy full albums, except sometimes.
Except sometimes? Clear.
Well, thats not entirely true, I buy full albums, but a lot of times, I just download random songs, and not the full album.
Ah...
Bellatrix is like Twilight - no one can give me any reasons for liking her!
Shame on you, sunscreen. SHUUUUUUUUUUN

And yeah, I really do have 70 albums, I'd list them, but meh, too lazy.
ARGH I TOLD YOU!!! I like her because she reminds me of Drusilla.
... Okay, GD, calm down...
NO I WILL NOT CALM DOWN I HAVEN'T TAKEN MY MEDICINE HA HA HEEHEE FHVTYVVCFFYGV SUCK!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What sucks? Is it.... *DUN DUN DUN* Twilight????
link
Please be fake, please be a joke....
Step 1: Find a space that is free of negative energies and will allow you to worship without interruption.

Step 2: Destroy any books from other religions in the area.

Step 3: Grab the sacred hammer.

Step 4: Hit self in head with your sacred hammer.

Step 5: Repeat until you suffer enough brain damage to feel closer to your fictional gods.

* Sacrament of War~ Cullenists must smite every non-believer into submission, lest they spend an eternity in Jame's Cave.
Holy war? WTF??? That is just plain stupid.
worried
I am actually scared!
I got sunburnt, and now my arms hurt like hell. Any tips?
een jaar geleden RavenclawPride said…
Guys, come on, vote for Harry Potter.
Harry Potter is in the lead, but Twilight is coming up fast.
link

Also, every time you refresh the page, you can vote again, so GO.
een jaar geleden lollipop34892 said…
ok ummm didnt a guy (i dont know who)saaaay harry potter is about facing fears and discovering yourself and twilight is about the importance of having a boyfriend....?
yah harry potter cedric kicks twilights edwards butt....sorry twilight fanatics
een jaar geleden lollipop34892 said…
smile
oh and gemonkdruid, take a cold shower/ bath and stay hydrated...lol im sorta smart for my age on stuff like that :D
Hi! :D
een jaar geleden LifesGoodx3 said…
There are no Twilight fanatics on here... They won't see...