Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 54807 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 21901-21950 of 54807

een jaar geleden MissKnowItAll said…
They all look really red faced on the front of the British DH, don't they.

@MPF: Thought so. :)
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden MrsPadfoot said…
Yeah, I looked them up because I thought about ordering them but it would take more money than a teen whose only income comes from babysitting could possibly spend.
een jaar geleden harrypotterbest said…
My parents will flip if I tell them I want the British version of the books. After all, they cost 100+.
 My parents will flip if I tell them I want the British version of the books. After all, they cost 100
een jaar geleden Italktosnakes said…
big smile
I've got my Harry Potters at the same WHSmiths since I was about 5. I always went with my Nanny, and I'd always buy the book, a Cadburys Dairy Milk and Extra Strong Mints. :D x
big smile
I have the Paperbacks English, Hardbacks English (1st Edition for OotP onwards) and the n Paperback Americans :D x
Exactly! And then there's shipping and handling. To be honest, I'd rather fly to Britain and get them myself. That way I could get a vacation from the south for a little. Ugh, it's the same thing every school day, Sunday morning and holiday season. Heck, we go on summer vacation with the same people every year.
een jaar geleden xDark_Angelx said…
^I really wanted to get the British versions of the final book, because I was just absolutely obsessed with Harry Potter at that point-but I never got it. Let's just say, my mom, probably like harrypotterbest's, would go nuts. She doesn't understand Harry Potter; she never even read it!

Although I got a British version of "Tales of Beetle the Bard" from my Aunt(also a big HP fan) last Christmas.
een jaar geleden MissKnowItAll said…
zzz
Goodbye, everyone! I'm gonna go to bed now, so I'll see you again tomorrow.

3 days to christmas. *gasp*
^^It's a funny story; how I became a HP fan... I remember it as though it was yesterday.
Night? It's not even 6:00 here? :O Bye! *hugs*
een jaar geleden DracoLuver said…
How did you become a HP fan, Best? :)

My mum would freak as well if I told her I wanted the Brit. version. She doesn't like HP because I watching GoF with her, and Voldemort creeped her out. She thinks all the movies are creepy and pointless now! My friend has SS in the British version, but she said there are many terms she doesn't understand and that the American version is much easier to read.
My mom would freak because of the cost, but she read HP, then practically forced me to read the first book, because poor ten year old me used to HATE reading. Two girls in fifth grade called me weird for loving them, but now they've both read and liked them. Anyway, my mom and I had a race to see who could finish book 7 first, but she beat me:( She takes me and my brother to the midnight showings too.
Hey, sis! And lucky! Both my parents hate it. My dad said they're uneducational and my mum thinks they're creepy. They don't get mad if I read it, but I don't usually get to see the midnight showings and such D:
Before reading HP, I use to be a MAJOR Twilight fan. What 'bout you?
big smile
I LOVE Midnight Views. I'm gonna go to the premiere at DH Part 2 :D x
smile
Well, me and my cousins were at my grandmother's house. My cousins had left, and my aunt, my mom, and my grammy were talking. I was bored to death and kept asking when we could go home. So my aunt, she gave me PS to read, and I read it. Around 20 or so minutes later, we had to leave. I was really into PS, and my aunt asked me if I wanted to borrow it to finish reading it, but I said no, because I already had a good book I was reading at home. After I finished the other book, I got PS from my school library and read it. Then my aunt lent me Cos-HBP, and I got DH from the library and read it. Funny, I finished the series before my aunt, who had the British version of books 1-6... It's funny now that I think about it because I also said "no" to my aunt because I thought I wouldn't like HP, even though I had already started to like it.
I read the British version first, maybe that's why I think it's more magical. <3
 Well, me and my cousins were at my grandmother's house. My cousins had left, and my aunt, my mom, and
big smile
The British versions do kick ass
As does Blighty in general :D xx
I mean if I was a Septic, I wouldn't be meeting the Twins would I? :D
Well, it was HP, then I jumped on the bandwagon and read twilight just because my older friend loved it. I LOVED it at first, though I hated Edward. Then I reread HalfBlood Prince and Desthly Hallows and saw how awfully written and boring Twilight was in comparison. Since then, I've forces my best friend to read Harry Potter. She's on book 3, or she was when we left school for Christmas.
smile
All my friends are reading HP now. :) Most of them were just fans of the movies, but now they're reading the books. Most of them are on PS, and they love it. :) One is one GoF.
big smile
I first read PS when I was 4/5. I read it in a WHSmith (book store/school store) while my Nan was getting some Cadburys and ExtraStrong mints. We did the same for every HP book onwards :) x
cool
All my friends are true Harry Potter Geeks.
James has posters ALL over his room (Well-there mine now) and has two quidditch shirts (which are also now mine-I stole them when I stayed over :P) x
Well, my other friends either have already read them, but that's only 2, refuse to read anything but romance, or in the case of one, had her brother tell her all about SS/PS-HBP, then read the last one. Onenof the two who has read them all read them 6,5,4,3,2,1, & 7. I kinda think that ruins the suspense.
heart
No one asked me, but since we're mentioning how we began to read HP, I thought I'd mention it.

I began reading Harry Potter very late; when I was in eight grade, and I was thirteen. My best friend literally begged me to give the books at try. I started with the first one, and then the third (I was reading them in the school libary, and they didn't have the 2nd one), and second, and so forth. I totally thanked my friend later for convincing me to read something I love so much.

I began reading Twilight because my mother got it for me for Christmas. I wasn't very interested, but I gave it a shot just for my mom. Still, I read it, but I was not interested in it very much. To this day, I still don't get what makes it a great book-greater than HP. As if! ;)
smile
No. I only Twilight because it was the 'New Harry Potter'. I read about 6 pages before being like 'hell to this' and never looked at it again :) x
Let's all share "How I became a HP fan" stories! =D
 Let's all share "How I became a HP fan" stories! =D
My dad doesn't like to read so he really doesn't care. If he does read, it's about famous Christian people. He just finished a book on Tony Dungy or however you spell his name. Daddy would rather watch EPL soccer.
een jaar geleden Ms_Mea said…
I got all the British versions of the HP books :) I'm very proud of that fact :P

As for my HP fan story, I grew up with the HP movies (I was like 6-7 when the 1st movie came out). When I was like 11 I found out they were based on books, so I decided to read them all and I got hooked lol Not that much of a story but that's pretty much it
Today, I realized(sp?) that Slytherins are kind of girly. Salazar Slytherin had a locket, and Voldemort poured his soul into his diary, literally.
xDark, I believe your my father, yes? :))

My story:

I was a major Twilight fan because every girl in my sixth grade class was reading it. I first saw the book in fifth grade at the book fair, but I thought having an apple on the cover was stupid so I didn't pick it up. [Yes, I was judgemental.]
So anyway, I began reading the book and found myself liking it very much. I hated Edward very much because I thought if he hadn't showed up, Bella wouldn't have been that stupid. Anyway, I thought the author was so smart for using all the big words and fancy dscriptions *facepalm* so I liked the book more. I read New Moon shortly afterward. Bella annoyed me because of the "whole in my chest" thing, but I felt sad for her and thought it unfair. I agreed with her when she said Jessica was a horrible friend, how she went cliff diving, etc.
Anyway, right when I finished the book[took me three weeks], I found out I was moving. My new town was/is small and everyone knew each other. I felt like a complete outsider and hated it so much. I felt like Bella shared my pain so Twilight was my life line. Unfourtuntaly, no one had even heard of Twilight, so I felt really alone. Anyway, on the back of the book, it had said "Move over Harry Potter!" and I felt happy because of course Twilight was loads better!
Anyway, 7th grade came and I read Eclipse. My best friend shared the love of this series too, so we both talked a lot about it. But then I noticed how she was acting weird. She was on Team Edward and she started to sleep only three hours, telling me she was rested and didn't need to sleep, she began to eat less saying food was yucky, she said she could "smell" people's scent. It really creeped me out, so that's why I decided that it was time I made a new friend, and so I became friends with a girl named Britni.
Britni didn't like Twilight so she mostly listened when I told her everything that I liked about the books and movies. I tried getting her to read them, but she refused sayign she already had and she hated them. It came to me as a HUGE surpirse, because, like, no one can hate Twilight! It was impossible! My 7th grade teacher was giving a small lecture to the class. She was saying how we had to read books that are in our reading range, and they can't be smaller. She mentioned Twilight, saying it was at a 4th grade level and she recommended us not to read it. I got angry, of course, and I told Britni that my teacher was so stupid for saying that because since Twi was filled with so many big words, it had to be at a bigger range.
Anyway, I hadn't read a lot, so my teacher told me that I had to start finding books fast. My friend Britni, who was an HP fan, chucked the book at me in the library and told me I had to read it.
I came home quite angry because I didn't like Harry Potter. It was so dumb. It was for nerds who didn't have any friends - that hung out in the library all the time! It was also boring and long.
Anyway, I opened the book and started reading. I immediatly became interested. It wasn't really that bad. I was curious as to why people were running around everywhere, who Harry Potter was, why Vernon got mad, who Dumbledore was, etc.
I discovered that I had been reading for about 4 hours straight and I couldn't stop. At this point, I was reading the part where the giant chess game was taking place. I was actually losing interest now because I already knew it was Snape. I wasn't that impressed because the book was so dang obvious. I hated it when I knew something the characters didn't, forcing me to read while calling them idiots. I thought it would be the same in SS. Why didn't Harry just say it was Snape! It would've saved everyone more time.
So then, feeling oh-so clever, I continued reading and then, I felt like a complete idiot. My mouth was hanging open and my stomach felt weird. I was expecting Snape, NOT Quirrel. I hungrily read as he explained everything, and then I realized how it could have been him. It was so obviouse, that it wasn't easy to see. At that point I knew - I was going to love these books. I read the second one, because I knew another plot twist would be waiting. I was also curious when Dumbledore said that Harry had something Voldemort didn't and I wanted to find out more about his parents and such.
Anyway, I had read all the books and had become this giant obsessed fan. I decided I'd watch Potter Puppet Pals because my friends were talking about it, and on the related videos, I saw "HP vs. Twi." I was curious, so I clicked on it and read the comments. People were saying how Twilight was anti-feminist and such, so I looked for articles about that on Google. I also looked up HP vs. Twi articles and I finally realized that Twilight was horrible. I debated a lot on YouTube, actually, but I got tired of it there because on YT, no one takes you siriusly. So I looked up "Harry Potter is better then Twilight" and the 1000 forum came up. I read through the reasons and then joined and posted my own.

That, my friends, is how I was a Twi fan, then HP fan, then Anti.

i have to admit, I was really stupid back then. I believed in everything everyone told me, didn't have opinions actually, just went along with everyone else, I was REALLY narrow-minded. I thought good was good, bad was bad. HP taught me so many lessons and it helped me see life in a new way. It helped me realize that not everything is what it seems, sometimes nice people can go bad, how the world is not painted in black and gray. HP was like a breath of fresh air to me. I love it so much because now I feel so much smarter and I feel as if finally I understand things. I'm a lot more open-minded, all thanks to a book.

Sorry for the length of this! I had to let it out.
I know right, sis? He could have picked something more manly xD
I know! Like a cool ring, or a more manly necklace. And Voldemort, well, surely he could hide his soul in a Quaffle or something.
I started cracking up. I read Quaffle as Waffle. :,)

But, I know! I guess it was to trick people.

een jaar geleden hsmgirl14a said…
Here is my story about how I became a Harry Potter Fan.

I was sitting in my Dance class listening to my friends talk about twilight. I had already seen the trailer to Twilight and thought it was going to be a boring movie. My friend mentioned that it was a book series. I figured I might as well try it out. My friend let me use her book to read. i read it and I was instantly hooked and became this super Twilight fan. I was only a freshman in high school at the time. So over the course of my freshman and somphmore year i read all four of the books and thought they were great. In my junior year of high school, I came across the 1000 reasons why Twilight is better than Harry Potter forum and started debating. I then decided to have a change in my life after debating on the forum. I went to my schools library and got the first book. I started reading it and I loved reading it. That is my story.
Nice, hsmgirl. I'm glad you read it because now you know more about what we're talking about. I'm just curiously asking - since this is a debate spot - are you more of a Twi fan, HP fan, or both? :)
I am more of a Harry Potter fan now. My Twilight obsession is starting to fade.
DL- I went back, and read it as waffle on purpose after you said that. I know think that he should've, it would have been better than a diary, a tiara, or a locket.
laugh
Teehee... Hide his soul in a waffle... XD XD
That'd be perfect until somewhat ate it.
Lol, ikr? I feel sorry for the person that eats Voldy's soul...
Me, too, but then wouldn't it work like the diary? It would possess the person who loved waffles.
Watch out, Waffle lovahs! Voldy's comin to getcha!

Never going to eat a waffle again! XD
Aw, but Donkey from Shrek likes waffles! I'LL SAVE YOU DONKEY! <3
Yeah, I think I'm going to skip waffles.
Potato > Waffles
 Potato > wafels
^Totally. Now I'm probably never going to eat a waffle again, though.

@DL-Hehe, yeah. I was actually a big fan of Twilight for the same reasons; the big words and descriptions just tugged me in. By the time I finished BD, I was slowly not liking it because the ending was so plain and perfect. It was only until I came upon this site and this club that I realized how bad it was.

But still, I find many people in my school loving Twilight and Edward. I mean, everyone has opinions, but what makes Twilight so great is beyond me. I really only have about three Harry Potter friends, but a million Twilight friends or people I just know.
Angel, same here, lol
I know what you mean. A kid last year was reading Twilight and making jokes about it at the same time. He was in my theatre class. He was pretty funny though with some of the jokes.
What were the jokes, hsmgirl?

We siriusly need a nickname for you!
I grin every time I read, "siriusly"
I can only remember one. He made fun of renesmee by calling her Renenenenenene or was it painting child. Arggh I cant remember. Curse me and my bad memory. I only remember laughing at them and my friend correcting the guy. Oh and my name is Carissa
Carissa = Cissy! :D