Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 54807 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 3901-3950 of 54807

een jaar geleden LoveforSeverus said…
I have not read Graceling. And I only got, like, 10 pages into Eragon before I was sleeping. But I really like Dan Brown
een jaar geleden souflizzle317 said…
Haha yeah Eragon's not the most exciting, but I found them mildly amusing so I read all of them :)

I LOVE DAN BROWN!!! My copy of the Da Vinci Code is literally three inches away from splitting in half down the binding haha and part of the cover is missing...I've read all 5 of his books, and because we own a bookstore, my dad got copies of the lost symbol like a week before it was officially supposed to be available to the public and he brought one home and held it up and was like "I brought this home and I wonder if anyone wants it..." and I was like "Hand over the book *now* if you don't want to get hurt" and I read it before anyone else! (well besides critics and random people who get to read it first...)
I know, I wish I knew of a good bookstore around here! But the only Barnes and Noble I know if is over by Haywood. That place sucks. Its so busy. (like the road is. it's a pain in the ass to navigate)
I hate Barnes & Noble :P I hate Border's too, and any other chain bookstore. People should come to our INDEPENDENT and small and awesome bookstore (The Tempest Bookshop, if anyone ever goes to Waitsfield, Vermont haha) and buy books!!! We're the only bookstore around, you would have to drive half an hour to Montpelier to find another one :)
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden TheQuibbler said…
Yeah, I just couldn't get into Eragon for some reason.
If I ever go to Vermont I will! :) And you better find me some good books lol
een jaar geleden lucius_malloy said…
Eragon was awesome :) I plan on rereading it soon...
een jaar geleden mooimafish17 said…
smile
I have not heard of these books - can you write me a list of things i MUST read - then allow me to share mine with you
1. Hunger Games
Purple Hibiscus - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (Adult Themes)
Anything Dan Brown. DaVanci Code, Angels and Demons.
^^ ive read digital fortress
I've read them all except I haven't gotten around to the Lost Symbol yet... :(
The Mortal Instruments series.
LoTR.
Jodi Picoult novels.
read LotR lol

have you read Memoirs of a Geisha ??
Film is good - book better
Interview with the Vampire... or really anything Anne Rice
^^ again ive only seen the film - but i have the book on order, as soon as i get some money lol
i agree with lucius about jodi picoult, her books are just amazing. my sister's keeper is by far (in my opinion) the saddest, but i think it's also the best :) the storyline is really creative...I'm working on reading LOTR, meaning it's on my list and I just keep getting too distracted by other books to read it haha

Um, okay my list of stuff:

Hunger Games
Graceling
if you like historical stuff, any of the books in the Tudor era by Philippa Gregory (The Other Boleyn Girl, The Queen's Fool, The Virgin's Lover, The Constant Princess, and the Boleyn Inheritance)
Marley & Me
His Dark Materials (Golden Compass etc)
Dan Brown - my favorites are Da Vinci Code and Digital Fortress
The Last Song or The Choice, both by Nicholas Sparks, only if you like romance
The Pillars of the Earth - veryyyyy long (over 1000 pages) and very historical, but still a great piece of fiction in my opinion :)
The Princess Bride (yes, the movie was based on a book...)
Uglies - extreme sci-fi and a bit superficial, but the series is a lot better than it sounds from the titles
Pendragon - good for extreme fantasy
Lock and Key or Someone Like You - both Sarah Dessen books and both realistic fiction, but they're very good (I think)
Boy in the Striped Pajamas - be prepared to cry
The Time Traveler's Wife

And probably a bunch more but I can't think of any more *really* good ones right now :)
een jaar geleden venvargie said…
Haha, I should read all these books you guys are talking about.
xD
Good thing there's a library close to my house~
Yeah, sorry if my list is really long...I think I take having a bookshop for granted and I just assume that everyone can get as many books as they want as easily as I can, which obviously isn't true. Sorry about that, just pick a couple of books from my list if you want :)
I might read a lot of them. I LOVE to read. :D
^ haha same :) I taught myself how to read when I was three and I just can't get enough...probably because I practically grew up in a bookstore (my mom worked an hour away and I didn't go to daycare so my dad just brought me with him to the bookshop every day). My friends think I'm crazy when I say that I need another bookshelf because I'm out of room on the one I have now (seven shelves, about twenty-five books per shelf haha)

Personally, I love reading because it takes you away to a different world, even if it's realistic fiction, and you can just let yourself get lost in someone else's life :)
Exactly.

I'm sad to say not a lot of my friends like to read as much as I do.

Like my two best friends think Harry Potter is too long and boring but they watch the movies and stuff.

*sighs*
een jaar geleden FredWRules said…
big smile
ikr? most of my friends don't entirely like reading... one of them actually came out and said it to my face. how wrong is that?!

lmao, speaking of things that are wrong, a girl in my class asked two things:
a) "what's con-science?" (pronounced like that... hahahaah)
b) "what's 'civilization'?"
*facepalm*

sorry, that was random... XD
Wooooooooooooooow
big smile
I tried to read uglies, but I kinda got bored... sorry I'm just reading over the last couple of pages- I couldn't go on yesterday or the day before...
I read eragon, and at the end of brisingr I literally screamed. it was funny... :D
I think there may be another Percy Jackson book coming out- WIN!!!!
een jaar geleden potterrox said…
Yeah, I never got into the uglies series. The first one was okay, but the second one was pretty boring. I'm going to make a long list of my favorite books. Any recommendations?

1. The giver, by lois lowery. Its amazing
2. HP (obviously)
3. Hunger Games
4.Anything Tamora Pierce (especially Tricksters Choice and Tricksters Queen)
5. Ishmael by Daniel Quinn- It's realy mind opening and changes the wy you think)
6. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater- Really romatic
7. Vampire Academy (Ignore the title, they are really good)
8. Jodi Picoult (my sisters keeper)
9. The maximum ride series
10. Pendragon series
11. Anything Jon Krakauer. He writes really good nonfiction
12. The Story of King Arthur and his Knights- the Howard Pyle version.

And thats all I can think of offhand
smile
haha I read this really awesome book- Guilty Pleasures, it's about this chick Anita Blake who's a vampire slayer ("the executioner") and the ironic part is there's this guy in it called Edward and he kills vampires too!!! (this book came out before twatlight btw. it's really good)
So what about music? What do you guys listen to?
big smile
this isn't in order of favourite, I'm just writing whichever pops into my head (sorry if it's long...)
-ministry of magic (all thanks to you lovely people)
-jack johnson (very soothing for when I get pissed)
-AVPM soundtrack
-nightwish
-evanescence
-disney songs (shut up. it's just from all the old cartoons and stuff)
-chameleon circuit (trock ftw!!!)
-sixx am
-occasionally paramore
-panic at the disco
-the beatles
-amy meredith
-greenday
-monty python
-tim minchin
-harry potter soundtrack
-pirates of the caribbean soundtrack
-the cure
-flight of the conchords
-fall out boy
-streetlight manifesto
-the boat that rocked soundtrack

wow, that was long... haha sorry.
more books:

chocolat
the thief lord
diary of anne frank - gets a bit dull in some places, but really good to have read it at least once

ahhh it would be really helpful if I was at home and could look at my bookshelf because I'm drawing a complete blank, but I remembered those three right now so...

I listen to such a variety of music, but right now (it may change in a week) I'm kind of addicted to Jack Johnson, Sarah McLachlan, Dido, Maroon 5, and the Beatles. And of course I have my Disney playlist with over 100 songs from the classic Disney movies :) Oh, and I also really like (but I'm not really in the mood to listen to them lately) the All-American Rejects, Billy Joel, Jason Mraz, Smash Mouth, Casey McQuillen, and Owl City :)
omg I love the thief lord!!!!!!!
^ Haha I know, my aunt got it for me for my 7th birthday and I kind of ignored it and then I finally picked it up last July (in 09, when I was 13) and read it and I absolutely *loved* it even though it was a terribly easy reading level (especially for me...) - there's a reason I got it when I was seven :)

Really off-topic, but I'm really excited because I took a practice permit test online because I can get my permit in just a few months (I don't know about England or Australia or anywhere else you guys are from, but in America we can get our permits when we're 15) and I got 100%!!!!
een jaar geleden GemonkDruid said…
Whoa, man, did I miss a lot.

@Souflizzle: I love the All-American Rejects!! You have good taste. :)
@GemonkDruid, haven't seen you in a while haha :) And thanks, what music do you like?
*screams* Fred, did ya know that Nightwish is Finnish? :P
@ soufizzle: I'm getting my permit in 2 months!!! *happy dance*

I LOVE reading too! When I was 8 I had the reading comprehension of the average senior in high school according to a test I did. Crazy huh? Especially since I'm crappy at spelling and grammar.
Thank God for spell-check!
@ hannatwilight: ummmmmm.... that's nice.... *backs away slowly*
worried
Oh god you're back!!!!
laugh
haha! I love you ven!
heart
I love you too, Quibb~ ;)
teehee, I've loved reading for, like, ever. I remember when I was about six my reading level was 14... And it just kept growing :P
Haha, I was at a 2nd grade reading level in Kindergarden. xD
yay for you :P I remember in school when we were reading those really annoying books (you know, the colour-coded ones) and everyone else was stuck on red (the easiest) when I had to run along to the tops classroom because our classroom (reception) didn't stock my level :D
(ps the grades in that school went reception, middles, tops, J1, J2, J3, J4. just so you don't get confused :P)
Haha interesting.

Though I don't seem like it, I have a huge vocab and adults were always surprised when i knew the meaning to words the other kids didn't. xD
haha same :D
But my a-hole dad tried to use it against me once when he said the reason was my mom always told me what to say to the court and shit. -_- Not because I was always reading oh no, he obviously doesn't think i have more brain cells than a breadbox.
poor you :(
Yup. :C Rough childhood man.
smile
aww poor hun

thanks for the reading lists lol - will keep me out of trouble over summer :)

to whoever said it: can you please explain to the British person what a permit is!

music - very sim but I have a lot if soundtracks (west side story, la miz......) and Eminen :)