Harry Potter Vs. Twilight Couples Better than Bella/Edward

GemonkDruid posted on Jun 28, 2010 at 10:05AM
I know this is kinda pointless, and you'll answer with almost every other couple in the whole wide world, but we can at least try.

Rules:

- Can be a couple or shipping from books, TV, movies, anime, etc., even real life.

- Can be crossover pairings (e.g. Harry Potter/Buffy)

- Has to have at least one similarity to the shipping Bella/Edward

- Try not to repeat pairings

Right, I'll start with a pairing as a tribute to a friend:

VampiresRevenge (real life)/Zack Addy (Bones) - Yeah, I know, I know. Zack Addy isn't real! *sob* But they're still a better couple because A. they're both compatible in smarts and stuff and B. Zack doesn't sparkle. :B

Similarities to Bedward: Well, their "relationship" consists of a stalker (VampiresRevenge [no offence, but seriously, she has, like, a billion photos of Zack Addy]) and a stalkee (Zack, obviously).
last edited on Jun 28, 2010 at 10:05AM

Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 33 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden FredWRules said…
Andie/Fred Weasley sir! (It's talk like a house elf day sir.)

Similarites: (spelling?) we is a boy and a girl sir!
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden GemonkDruid said…
Cool! But, um... who's Andie? Is that you?
yes sir. Andie is my name sir.
big smile
Teehee...
Gemonk must talk like a house elf sir, in honour of the noble Dobby's birthday sir!
Dobby's birthday sir? Already sir?
yes sir!
Cool sir! Bring out the cake sir!
een jaar geleden Mrs-Grint said…
Edward/Winry (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Similarities to Bedward: Er... Edward (Elric) has the same name as Edward Cullen and... he also has golden eyes! :D
Yay!!! More people are coming!

Wall-E/Eve (WALL-E): Coz, well, they're ROBOTS!

Similarities to Bedward: Well, their conversations aren't very stimulating... *yawn*
een jaar geleden LoveforSeverus said…
Severus/Lily-because this pairing broke my heart

Similarities: Because Bella and Lily are girls.
een jaar geleden LilysLittleTwin said…
The Doctor/Rose

Similarities: Everyone wants Rose for an unknown reason, but she stays with the Doctor...

Oh bloody hell, I AM SO SORRY FOR COMPARING YOU TO HER, ROSE! *cries*
een jaar geleden zanhar1 said…
Bellatrix/Voldemort

Their names, Bella Bella(trix)
Willow/Oz from BtVS (aka the "I just had to ship this" couple)

Similarities: Um.... a totally not-entirely human relationship.
een jaar geleden LoveforSeverus said…
Bellatrix/Snape

Because of the names Bella
een jaar geleden RavenclawPride said…
Um...
Percy/Annabeth ( from PJatO )

Similarities: Um... supernatural-ish?
een jaar geleden MarauderForever said…
cool
Gemma/Kartik
Similarities: Forbidden Love

Aislinn/Keenan
Similarities: They're fae. Edward's a Fairy. Except they glow like the sun, not sparkle from the sun.

Aislinn/Seth
Similarities: 2 different species.

Remus/Tonks
Similarities: Remus sees himself as a monster, and Tonks insists on staying... but I like this couple a lot more!!!

een jaar geleden Roxyrose007 said…
Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy

Similiarity:
Both couples have a kid (with a strange name) xD
een jaar geleden Roxyrose007 said…
big smile
I had to...sorry...o_O

Percy and Thalia from The Percy Jackson books

Similiarity:
ummmm...Thalia becomes immortal and Bella does,too?
een jaar geleden bri-marie said…
Sookie/Eric from True Blood
Similarities: Eric and Edward are both immortal and drink blood (I would say "vampire" but Edward isn't one . . .) and Edward and Sookie are both faeries ;)

Jesse/Suze from Mediator
Similarities: Jesse and Edward are both over 100

Rose/Dimitri from Vampire Academy
Similarities: Dimitri thinks he shouldn't be with Rose because he is a monster.
een jaar geleden Ms_Mea said…
Aida/Radames from the musical Aida

Similarities: Radames died for Aida (Bella "died" (and became a vampire) for Eddie) :P That's the best I can come up with
een jaar geleden DracoLuver said…
Hermione/Harry from Harry Potter

Um ... Hermione is always there for Harry, and she usually is able to make Harry see sense. Same with Edward and Bella. [Edward convinces her to go to college, to have a human experience, etc ..]

Robin/Raven from Teen Titans:

Robin and Raven both save each other countless of times and Robin would: "Do anything to keep her safe." They aren't a couple though D: ... anyway, he literally went to hell and saved her and then managed to protect her from her father. She said she admired his hope, because she didn't have any left. It's the same as Edward and Bella - they would do anything for each other, and Edward even tried killing himself.
een jaar geleden HecateA said…
smile
I know this is old, but I just want to express that you can not compare Rose Tyler to Bella.

Edward/Bella
Voldemort/Belaltrix

Umm... Name?

Edward/Bella
Percy/Annabeth

Its opposite. I like Percabeth. I dont like Bellward or whatever the twihards call it now.
AndI'm shaking right now because I wasn't paying attention so I copied Edward's name instead of Percy and wrote annabeth and *crashes on keyboard begging for forgiveness*
een jaar geleden Angel-Trix said…
Tohru Honda/Kyo Sohma (Fruits Basket)

Okay, I don't really like Tohru since she's so f***ing happy all the time, and is well, kind of a Mary Sue, but I see past that because she's so kind. She accepted the Sohma family and understood them and...Moving on...

Like Bella, she accepted Kyo even after finding out his secret and 'true form', as well as the rest of his family. They also have brown hair and Kyo also has orange hair which iskind of like Edward's reddish hair (is it ever described, acually).
een jaar geleden elliehedgehog said…
Callum/Sephy from Noughts and Crosses

Similarities: Sephy and bella both get pregnant at 18
een jaar geleden MissKnowItAll said…
heart
I'm suprised no-one has said this yet:

Ron and Hermione

Similarities: They both fought a war.
^ *snort* Barely.
een jaar geleden HecateA said…
smile
Harry and Ginny

The child that has the main's eyes has a horrible name.
een jaar geleden PromptDreamer said…
Holly Short/Artemis Fowl ["Artemis Fowl"]

Similarity/ies to Bella/Edward: They're both from two different species that don't normally agree (Holly is an elf while Artemis is a human). And the person who is not human is several years older than the human (Holly is in her eighties while Artemis is 15, as of "The Atlantis Complex").

Sokka/Suki ["Avatar: The Last Airbender"]

Similarity/ies to Bella/Edward: Uh, Edward and Sokka are male while Suki and Bella are female. Those are the only similarities between Sokka/Suki and Bella/Edward that I can think of. They're really opposite!
een jaar geleden loolymadness said…
heart
Mitchell and Annie from Being Human UK.

Similarities
Mitchell is a vampire like Edward, he frequently struggles with his bloodlust and calls himself a vegitarian.
Annie is... well, for me she's much more awesome than Bella. But she gave up her personal dreams and furthur education (Bella was going to go to university before she met Edward, even though she wasn't sure where she was heading in life, like Annie) for a man she was in love with who ended up killing her (Edward made Bella a vampire, right? And Annie's fiance Owen killed her). She also has a deep connection with a baby who wasn't born from a human, and sees her as an adult from the future (a little similar to Renesmee).

Differences
Of course, there are millions of differences, but these are the main ones.
Annie and Mitchell didn't feel "love at first sight" or whatever Bella and Edward were supposed to have. It took them years to grow closer.
Mitchell dies and Edward doesn't and Annie is already dead and a ghost when she meets Mitchell.
Mitchell was never attracted to Annie blood-wise becuase of her ghostliness.
Unlike Edward having "self-control" over his blood cravings (I'll keep my opinion out of this, guys), Mitchell often gave in and killed lots of people.
I also think Annie's a bit of a stronger female character.

Well, now I've fangirled. Wow, that was deep. Adios!
een jaar geleden yemi_hikari said…
Sokka/Yue ~ A:tLA: They are star crossed lovers.
Romeo/Juliet ~ R&J: They are star crossed lovers.
Martin/Rose ~ Martin the Warrior: Again, star crossed lovers.
Westley/Buttercup ~ The Princess Bride: According to Meyer they are very similar.
Mr. Darcy/Elizabeth Bennet ~ Pride and Preudice: Again... Meyer herself brought this one up.
Gilbert/Anne ~ Anne of Green Gables: Again... Meyer made the comparisons herself
Ichigo/Orihime ~ Bleach: Orihime gets depressed like Bella.
Toshiro/Momo ~ Bleach: It is hard to find a fanfic where this pairing isn't treated like Edward/Bella, though I have found a few.
Blade/Makoto ~ Blade Anime: He's a half vampire, she's a mortal. They're also star crossed lovers

Notes – Edward and Bella actually don't fall into the star crossed lovers category, but a lot of people say they are.
een jaar geleden Book-Freak said…
Can these pairings be fanifiction 'ship, instead of canon? If they can...

Ecthelion/Glorfindel from The Silmarillion.

Similarity - Um... They all die? Edward and Bella die when they become vampires and Ecthelion and Glorfindel die (but these two don't become vampires... one does get reborn though, and the other will get reborn too at some point)
een jaar geleden AllThingsPotter said…
big smile
Draco and Apple

Similarities: Apple has no facial expression, just like Bella.