Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 3000 Reasons Why Twilight Is Better Than Harry Potter

cullengirl00 posted on Feb 13, 2011 at 11:23AM
when harry potter fans hit us twi-hards we will hit them back i will begin to write a couple of reasons and you twi-hards complete until we get to 3000 reasons ok!

Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 606 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 151-200 of 606

een jaar geleden nikitarathi3009 said…
tongue
@potter fans ... guys I dont know why ul even bother with twilight fans .. just so obviously not worth it ... there is no doubt of HP being better right? i dont know why we'd even sink it by comparing it to a book which has no ethics, no strong storyline and definitely no character definiton!!

@twi hards .... "twi-hard"??? seriously??? and u have the audacity to say it sounds cool?? just proves the level of ur judgement huh??
*no offense"
een jaar geleden nikitarathi3009 said…
and again ... change the name from 3000 "reasons" to 3000 "random statements of pure gibberish that i feel make sense" (but they actually dont)
een jaar geleden cassie-1-2-3 said…
You're the person calling people "Twi-hards", are you not?
Why are you calling people uncool words?
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden RebeccaCalzone said…
meh
I've got to compliment Cassie, you seem like a strong-minded person. Its good to stick up for your fandom, so I completely understand your defense. Personally I love Harry Potter, but I can understand why people like Twilight.
een jaar geleden RebeccaCalzone said…
smile
What number are we on? I wanted to be nice and add a reason, feel free to retort, I would appreciate hearing your opinion.
() Alice is kind and amiable, even though she is girly and loves shopping. Usual girls as such are labeled self-centered and mean, I'm glad she was included as a sisterly time as to help fade the stereotype held over rather feminine woman. There are no girls like this in Harry Potter, the only girls mentioned that fuss over their looks are Tonks and Pansy Parkinson (that I can think of right now) Tonks, she changes her appearence, but more for her own pleasure. Pansy is the stereotypical mean-girl, Rowling said so herself. Nearly every girl has at one point worried over their appearence, so I don't get why people make fun of those girls; even when the girls have a nice personality
een jaar geleden twilightilove14 said…
heart
This case is worthless lol Twilight will always be better then harry potter, period.
een jaar geleden zanhar1 said…
^ XD pretty funny.
I'm gonna switch the words around a bit 'This case is worthless lol Harry Potter will always be better then Twilight period'
Just as funny. Both statements are all opinion (I personally like my statement better) and both are laughable because both are untrue. HP has Twilight beat sometimes and I'll admit Twilight has HP beat sometimes.
een jaar geleden twilightilove14 said…
@zanhar1 true...
I just like Twilight better...so in my mind its better by like 1000000000000000+++ ;)
Lol I see where you're coming from, I'm like that with HP.
een jaar geleden FalconAnimagus said…
crying
Finally, an argument that is actually recent... I can actually hope for an answer here :) so... Let's face it, the plot in twilight is very weak. It is also overused and has been mauled. Also, in my opinion (look! Stamp on it because it's an opinion not a fact!!!) the aptly named thesaurus rape does not improve writing quality. Bella is a weak character who, despite the many flaws that we, as readers, see, is made out to be perfect. Too many people love her. And hogwarts is in Scotland, not London. Also, Jo never gives us a specific location and really we only think that it's in Scotland because of little tidbits, so it's technically not a place currently in existence (hehe, I wish), whereas we have a set town with no made-up area to it in twilight. Jacob black was a complete copy of Sirius black (and if I see one more person calling him 'serious', I will probably murder my computer or possibly torch my town) and if I'm honest, this whole spin on werewolf-lore is literally loads of dog animaguses on drugs. All the vampire superpowers are pretty much the spells (sparklepants and aro = legilimency, Jane = crucio and I would compare Alec to impedimenta or te stunning spell, while Heidi [only mentioned] is imperius - and these ate just a few examples) and there are a lot of characters any other author could have explored who are left flat and cardboard. I would say that Alice is a little sort of stereotypical, I see that design a lot, and honestly, Meyers can't even truly furnish a plot. That's why there's a new one for each 'book'. And I can say that I know for a fact that rob thinks Meyers is insane. Finally, someone with sense.
Oh, and if you want to know the reason my 'mood' is the crying emoticon, then it's because I'm crying over the warped minds of you people and the poor lonely characters that might have been some good in the hands of a skilled author. And this is a debate, please stop getting annoyed... Says the one ranting :) I love being like this, it's all a joke ;) I mean my whole hypocrisy and big-headed-ness:)
een jaar geleden alexisn10 said…
1- the writing is better
also filled with millions of grammatical and spelling errors. Endless paragraphs of explaining how hot Edward is. Slow pacing and boring.

2- the actors/actresses who film the movie are talented
TOO TRUE!! OMG!! Helena Bonham Carter, Gary Oldman, Alan Rickman, and Ralph Fiennes are NOTHING compared to the impressive blank stares of the great and all powerful Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, and Taylor Lautner!! Helena, Gary, and Fiennes' Oscar nominations are mediocre compared to Rob, Taylor, and Kristen's Golden Raspberry worst actor nominees!!

4-it has a PLOT!!
4 books about a girls' choice between necrophilia and bestiality. A dash of incest and a sprinkle of pedophilia. Twilight teaches me to be male dependent and to jump off a cliff if my boyfriend leaves me. Harry Potter teaches me friendship, courage, love, and bravery. Yup, you're right Twilight's better!

5-the scenes in the movies are exciting
Compare: /watch?v=cBc3lEUspWE to /watch?v=tcUuph-j_oY&feature=related Twilight comes close but Potter always wins the snitch, sorry >_>

6- the effects are amazing
Harry Potter: /watch?v=OJH2VSfQvYM
Twilight: /watch?v=jzsF549WaQ8&feature=related
Potter got a nomination for best visual affects for the Oscars this year and previous years, too.

8- the actors and actresses are attached to their character and love them
"Bella Swan is one of the flattest characters I've ever played"
--Kristen Stewart
"The people who don't like it [Twilight] are generally people who haven't seen it and they're all judgmental and stuff and cynical people. And I think I am one of those judgmental and cynical people who would just mindlessly hate it"--Robert Pattinson
"I will be devastated when It's over. At the same time it's exciting to see it end" --Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter)
"I feel like someone is dying. This kind of love and recognition is just incredible"--Emma Watson (Hermione Granger)

9-the characters are not all good or all evil
None of the characters really experience change in Twilight. In Harry Potter we spent 7 books thinking that Snape was a bad guy in reality, Snape was a good guy and one of the biggest heroes in the series.

10-the evil people are villians for a reason like the newborn army in eclipse who almost killed the whole city of seattle or the volturi (they are not evil evil they have some good in them)
I'll give you that one but they're really just angry. They hate muggles, muggle borns, and half bloods and think that they should all be destroyed...

11-the characters in twilight are nice and have a great personality and they are hot and cool too (they are lovable for that)
[AFTER BELLA DIES] "You deserve to live with this"--Jacob Black
"Don't make me choose because it will always be Edward"--Bella Swan
"It's those filthy bloodsuckers I hate"--Jacob Black
"I'll kill you"--Jacob Black
And if you call Bella's stupid depression 'loving' then you should seek help immediately. And beauty doesn't make a series good. Well developed plot and characters does.

12-the cover of the books are drawn beautifully
The covers of the books are drawn whereas the Potter ones ARE. I actually do like the Twilight covers better so I'll give you that one.

13-the posters of the movie looks verrrry cool
I like them better, too so I'll give you that one.

15- you can make your own stories out of the chapters of twilight
(you can make stories out of harry potter too but twilight turns out better than harry potter)
Personal opinion IDGAF

16- the phrase twi-hard is cool
You know it's an insult right?

17-the mashup name renesmee is so creative
Personal opinion IDGAF

18- Meyer made the werewolves and vampire unite even though they are enemies to each other
Rowling made a bunch of kids under 17 gather together to rebel against a society filled with adults to fight for what was right.

19-the book is an international bestseller and an award winning book too (chosen by book critiques)
Harry Potter: over 450 million copies sold. Best selling book series in history.
Twilight: 116 million books sold.
"Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing
what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it
is to have a boyfriend." - Stephen King (greatest author of our age)

20-there are lessons you can learn from twilight (the thing u can learn from harry potter is how to do a spell on your friend so he can help u)
Twilight taught me to be dependent on men at all times and attend to their wishes no matter what. Twilight taught me that it's okay to hook up with my ex-crushes' 2 second old daughter. It taught me to not voice my opinion and let all the men do all the talking. Us women should lie down and scream like a dying goat while men do the work
Harry Potter taught me to stay strong and keep fighting for what is right. Never back down even if society is telling you no. Young adults can prevail if we put our minds to it and work as hard as we can. It taught me friendship, love, trust, courage, bravery, and strength...

21-the emotions are deep in twilight and is a wide imaginative world (unlike wand boy)
Bella: Wah-wah my boyfriend left me and I'm sad :(
Harry: ORLY? Although I can't remember it, I witnessed my parents dying, I lived under a staircase for 11 years while being abused by my aunt and uncle. I experienced more death before my balls dropped before you did in your entire life. I watched my friends, god father, and father figures die before my eyes. All before I lost my virginity. You're just on your period...

22- she replaces small simple words to long big words for people to be more educated not use simple words everyone can understand
Big words doesn't make you a good writer. The way you write does.

23-twilight has a theme of a mystical and imaginative world
That doesn't make any sense. Your argument is invalid.

24- twilight is read by a massive audience
Potter's audience is WAAAAY bigger. The least financially successful Potter movie made 9 million (I think) more dollars that the MOST financially successful Twilight film.

25-the fight scenes are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing and you feel the fight by someway
I'll actually give you that one. What makes Potter fight scenes good are the special affects but that's all wants. I like the hand on hand fighting in Twilight.

26-the twilight quotes are really nice written and you feel the creativity in them
Personal opinion IDGAF

27-Meyer left clues for you to know the identity of each and every character
That doesn't make any sense. Your argument is invalid....

This post makes me feel almost ashamed to be a Twilight fan .__.
een jaar geleden reko568 said…
I love how twi-hards contradict each other; Its a book for mature readers/It has simple words so we dont have to use a dictionary. lololol and If I was named Renesmee, I would commit sucide. And hey! If twilight supports it, its ok! (sarcasm)
een jaar geleden xxbaileyyyyxx said…
First of all: "103 : the twifans are peaceful unlike the potterfans"
Really? Because I don't recall Potter fans committing suicide, threatening to kill others for not liking the books, assaulting actors, shooting people, slitting their throats, and beating others with a baseball bat. Hm. Must have slipped my mind. Strange.
Second: "Plenty of straight guys read twilight"
Mhmkay, suuuuuure they do. My past 3 ex boyfriends loved Harry Potter and hated Twilight, 8 of my best (straight) guy friends have attempted to read Twilight and hated it, and I honestly do not know of ANY guy, gay or straight, who likes Twilight.
Third: "fans !! Twilight will stay forever"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHFUWE­RFT­IWH­IFY­UEH­BIF­HBW­EIG­FTW­E!
Please excuse that. That was me falling onto my keyboard from laughing so hard. I know PLENTY of people who used to like Twilight, but now hate it. Even the actors don't like it. Once a Potterhead, always a Potterhead!
And about Twilight's "quotes being deeper and more symbolic" and blah blah blah, take the quote "I guess my brain will never work right. At least I'm pretty" Bella Swan, Breaking Dawn, page 406. It means that it doesn't matter how smart or dumb you are, as long as you're pretty, that's all that matters. That is EXACTLY what she is saying there. Now one from HP. "Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Whatever your passion is in life, no matter what it be, your heart is in it. "You think the dead we loved ever truly leave us? You think that we don’t recall them more clearly than ever in times of great trouble? Your father is alive in you, Harry, and shows himself plainly when you have need of him." We are always with the ones we love. They will always help you when you need it most, and will guide you through the darkness to the light. I'm pretty sure THAT has a better and deeper meaning than "As long as I'm pretty I can be stupid."

"The truth. It's a beautiful and terrible thing."
een jaar geleden Rizta said…
angry
FUCK U TWILIGHT LOVERS !!!!! I disagree with u !!
HARRY POTTER is THE BEST MOVIE than TWILIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R U UNDERSTAND ???!!!!!!! I HATE U SO MUCH!
een jaar geleden Lunatrix-_- said…
The lists supporting Twilight are very opinionated.
7. Also, this is FANTASY! It doesn't have to be "well, the characters are more real." Fantasy books aren't Meant to be real! Books w/ aleins are fantasy. Aleins (probably) aren't real!
The person who said this went on later to say that the villains in Twilight are more realistic. *facepalm*
And am I the only one to point out that the fight scenes in Harry Potter were epic reading and not just watching? That there is comic relief, and Harry Potter makes you laugh, and cry, and feel the emotions of the characters even though they haven't been written in first person?
How hard is it for a woman to write about the feelings of a teenage girl? Not harder than for a woman to write about the story of an eleven year old boy who grows through the books right?
"The writing's better". "There is a plot"
Sheesh. If you're arguing for twilight, why are you giving reasons in support of Harry Potter?
RyanDawnset-40 commented…
Honestly, that person can't spell. Also, Aliens are sci-fi, not fantasy. een jaar geleden
Your comment was very opinionated.
^^ calm down
een jaar geleden Twilight_vs_HP said…
laugh
I used to like Twilight... but then I read Harry Potter. Harry Potter is truthfully my life. Even when I liked Twilight I thought it was kind of messed up. Someone please post more reasons.
een jaar geleden Yu-gi-man said…
rainy
Vampires don't sparkle. Vampires are actually resurrected Lycanthropes ("werewolves" for all you tweens that don't know anything) and the bodies of suspected Lycans were cremated in medieval Europe to prevent them from resurrecting. The winner; any movie depicting true to lore lycans and vampires.

Fun fact, not all lycans are wolves, lycanthropy is a disease/curse/birthright whereas the being can transforming into an animal, not specifically a wolf.
een jaar geleden MidAbsentia said…
I am legitimately starting to believe that everyone who likes Twilight has not actually read any of the Harry Potter series.
That is a very inaccurate belief.
een jaar geleden Lucifersangel91 said…
laugh
1- the writing is better

Actually, the writing is simplistic. That's fine, of course. Except, Meyer misuses many words.
My old High School English teacher used to love attacking Twilight with her red pen.

2- the actors/actresses who film the movie are talented

You so crazy. Maggie Smith, Alan Rickman and the first Dumbledore? I adored that bloke, very sage like indeed.

3- bella is a role model (she teaches people to hold on to their friendships and stuff and keep their secrets)

Bella is a role model all right. An example of how girls should never behave. Spoiled little brat.

4-it has a PLOT!!

Where?! I have yet to find one. It's a shame, Twilight had a lot of potential, but Meyer rushed things.

5-the scenes in the movies are exciting

Really? I kind of found them boring and slow.

6- the effects are amazing

What effects? In HP they had an entire castle and world to build!

7-a story about a vampire,werewolf, and mortal beats a swinging wand boy and his enemy the beast

Vampire? You mean pixie. The utter lack of respect shown to a famous much loved mythology, is one of the reasons Meyer is so hated. Even Meyer admitted Jake isn't a werewolf, just a shape shifter. Whereas Lupin? Now that's a werewolf!

8- the actors and actresses are attached to their character and love them

Irrelevant, however, Robert thinks Meyer is "creepy." You know it's bad, when your leading man calls the character he's playing a "wet dream."

9-the characters are not all good or all evil

Well, of course! That makes it boring. It's much more interesting if there's a blurriness to good and evil. Also, real life has many grey areas.
Or are you speaking of Twilight? In which case, most of the cast are sociopaths! That's not something someone should be.

10-the evil people are villians for a reason like the newborn army in eclipse who almost killed the whole city of seattle or the volturi (they are not evil evil they have some good in them)

The volturi are a bunch of wimps.
Also, when I read about Snape's love for Lilly, I went, well that explains alot. He crossed over to the dark side, then redeemed himself for his Lily, even though she chose James. Even Dumbledore flirted with the "dark side" but was promptly snapped out of it when his sister was killed. He also carries emotional scars from the experience.
Hows that for "all good and all evil"?

11-the characters in twilight are nice and have a great personality and they are hot and cool too (they are lovable for that)

They're sociopaths. And Bells whines about people treating her nicely. What the actual F?
She uses and abuses Jacob. Jacob attempts to force himself on Bella. Then he "imprints" on Bella's baby. That might not be considered pedophilia in the Twilight universe, but it's still majorly creepy.

12-the cover of the books are drawn beautifully

Opinion. That just means they had a good artist. The artists don't write the story, so it's irrelevant.

13-the posters of the movie looks verrrry cool

Opinion. Plus, this is the job of marketing people. They also do not write the story.

14- creative and great ideas of the vampire form

Creative? Hardly. Great ideas? Hell no. I don't mind authors playing with the mythology of Vampires. But to make them sparkle? That just looses your own credibility. If you're not going to take it seriously, then make it a parody!

15- you can make your own stories out of the chapters of twilight
(you can make stories out of harry potter too but twilight turns out better than harry potter)

Wow. So the readers can writer better than Smeyer? Ouch! She's supposed to be a professional! I guess not.
Plus, Meyer doesn't bother with her rules for her universe. Whereas HP, JK put in effort. So of course you can write better stories from Twilight. You have more lenience.

16- the phrase twi-hard is cool

Aww. Sorry, but it's actually an insult. Used to mock and poke fun at people.

17-the mashup name renesmee is so creative

No it's not. It's stupid. Talk about future bullying. Way to go parentals!

18- Meyer made the werewolves and vampire unite even though they are enemies to each other

Exactly like Harry Potter! Everyone unites!

19-the book is an international bestseller and an award winning book too (chosen by book critiques)

The Bible is a best seller. Yet, I dare you to ask what an atheist thinks of it. (Note, I do not wish to question the Bible or any other Holy Texts.)

20-there are lessons you can learn from twilight (the thing u can learn from harry potter is how to do a spell on your friend so he can help u)

What lessons? Where? All I got from it was, having a boyfriend is a top priority. Whereas Harry Potter I learnt, love is a powerful thing, friendship is something to be cherished, judging someone is not okay, ect.

21-the emotions are deep in twilight and is a wide imaginative world (unlike wand boy)

Twilight emotions are as deep as a child's paddling pool.

22- she replaces small simple words to long big words for people to be more educated not use simple words everyone can understand

To paraphrase Hemingway, "Do you really believe bigger words mean bigger emotions?"
Also, she misuses her words. An author has to carefully select their words. The fact that Meyer fails to do so, means she's an embarrassment to the profession. As a matter of fact, many English students are taught the rule of K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid!

23-twilight has a theme of a mystical and imaginative world

Harry Potter is set in the world of magic and wizards! With many many many magical creatures.

24- twilight is read by a massive audience

So are many crappy books. Or just books in general.

25-the fight scenes are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing and you feel the fight by someway

What fight scenes? Also, Harry battled a basilisk, Voldemort, Death Eaters, Bellatrix ect.

26-the twilight quotes are really nice written and you feel the creativity in them

Actually, they're cheesy. Not in slightest bit creative. Though, I will give Meyer points for duping the masses. Well done.

27-Meyer left clues for you to know the identity of each and every character

No, she thought her audience were too stupid to think for themselves. She whacks you over the head with the identities of the characters.
You gave a whole lot of opinions, there.

Honestly people... If you're going to say "That doesn't count because it's an opinions", don't go saying everything else is wrong, and give your own personal opinion as a counter argument. It doesn't make sense.
een jaar geleden Themaverick said…
mischievous
1. Yeah right! Twilight is criticized for its horrible writing.
2. No way. So you are saying that a cast of oscar winning actors is somehow worse than a bunch of hard-wood faces??
3. Great rolemodel, Bella is!! Go and jump down a cliff when ur bf leaves you. Make the most powerful person in the family stick with you and leave the family during a fight. YAY!
4. It has a plot. Barely.
5.The movies are sooo exciting, most people sleep there way through it?
6. The special effects?? Nothing compared to HP. Eragon had better CGI.link
7. link Wow. U r so thick!!
8. eh, no. Rob hates Edward.
9. Check out HP, and u know what u are talking about.
10. OOh, really!! So Voldemort was born evil??

The rest shall be dealt out another day. link
Actually the Eragon movie kind of sucked. At least I think it did. een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden cotix14 said…
I swear every single one of te crappy reasons why twilight is better than Harry Potter made me puke. Twilight is a freaking insult!!! To women, to werewolves, to vampires, to fairies, to imagination, to Forks and about a million other things!!! They say Bella is a role model? She bacame a zombie when Edward left! She jumped off a cliff! Literally! Role model! I prefer Hermione, she's smart, sweet, funny and does not depend on a man! Or Katniss (the protagonist in the Hunger Games) she risked her own life to save her sister's! She started a revolution to stop children from dying! And all the while protecting the people she loved, and even though she was torn between 2 guys she never stopped fighting till' they won and the world became peaceful! So please, get a common sense people!
een jaar geleden ThestralTears said…
angelic
hmmmm...has anyone noticed this forum is not at all about reasons why Twilight is better than Harry Potter? I don't want to bash Twilight more than everyone else has already, but, it ISN'T. But, I'll bet anyone can come up with a few things that make it better in a few ways? Twilight isn't better as a whole, but there are surely some things that make it better than some things in Harry Potter. I hope you see my point. Potters: Stop bashing Twilight. There's probably a debate forum somewhere for this. If not, I guess I'll make one if I must. But remember, I'm a no-hope-for-a-cure-potter-fan, so don't take it the wrong way.
een jaar geleden VampiresRevenge said…
^ This is the spot where people are supposed to debate. People (whether fans or not) can list reasons why they think that Twilight is better, and then be able to debate the validity of those reasons with others. It wouldn't be right, either in this forum or the reasons for Harry Potter being better forum, if people couldn't debate.
een jaar geleden maximumrider12 said…
I would like to play a game. The game is called. "Twi-tards try to think of reasons why Twilight is better then Harry Potter and I, maximumrider12, blows them out the water with logic." thinking of a shorter title but still working on it :D

The only thing I hear from those incredibly opinionated "reasons" are 'blah blah blah I have no actual valid reasons…blah blah blah… Edwards hot…blah blah I have never read hp before and I'm just judging… blah blah… when i think about it I realize that I know that hp is better…blah…blah……blaaah"

een jaar geleden gomermai said…
1. Self sacrificial

2. Beautiful romance

3. Wonderful plots

4. Leaving the true love to be happy, even if that means that person would be happy with others.

4. The understanding between Edward and Bella after New Moon, when they both realize the power of the bond forged between them.

5. Vampires and werewolves which are not scary and that can be read by the most scared people.

6. New aspects of vampires and werewolves like sparkling in the sun, color changing eyes and scents, and telepathy, body heat and huge wolves instead of half man and half wolf.

7. The concept of the shape shifters and spirit warriors for the pack which is thought to be werewolves.

8. The beautiful show of the fight between Edward and Jacob for Bella.

9. How Edward never gives up Bella and how he wants her to be happy and thinks that it's his fault that Bella fell in love with Jacob.

10. How obnoxious Jake is and how Edward puts up with.

11. How Edward is bit too over protective which annoys Bella, but how they forget every need to be angry when they are with each other.
een jaar geleden ThestralTears said…
smile
VampiresRevenge: Yeah,but you don't see many Twi-hards invading the Harry Potter forum. I guess now this is a debate forum, we tell twilighters how wrong their reasons are. Oh well, at least a few people are listing reasons. But as several have said, I'd like to see real ones NOT based off the Harry Potter forum. Then this'll be a debate.
1. Self sacrificial

What self sacrifice? Jumping off a cliff from depression is not self sacrifice

2. Beautiful romance

Oh yeah, cuz we all know that stalking teenage mary-sues without expression is "beautiful romance" hear the sarcasm

3. Wonderful plots

What plot!!!!????? I thought you were supporting twilight not Harry potter

4. Leaving the true love to be happy, even if that means that person would be happy with others.

Last time I checked, Bella curled up I a fetal position and felt nothing except depression for months, yup sheer happiness!

4. The understanding between Edward and Bella after New Moon, when they both realize the power of the bond forged between them.

Bond…James bond, now, that's a bond, not stalker ish lust(ness)

5. Vampires and werewolves which are not scary and that can be read by the most scared people.

How does that make it better? Oh wienies and emotionless people can read terrible books! Lucky them!!

6. New aspects of vampires and werewolves like sparkling in the sun, color changing eyes and scents, and telepathy, body heat and huge wolves instead of half man and half wolf.

This makes it worse not better

7. The concept of the shape shifters and spirit warriors for the pack which is thought to be werewolves.

What? If there "shape shifters" then why did you say "there's a twist on werewolves"?!!?!

8. The beautiful show of the fight between Edward and Jacob for Bella.

How is beastialty beautiful? I mean goshness, who would Bella anyway?

9. How Edward never gives up Bella and how he wants her to be happy and thinks that it's his fault that Bella fell in love with Jacob.

Again, how does that make it better? Give up on Bella, Edward she useless and expressionless

10. How obnoxious Jake is and how Edward puts up with.

Omg you need to stop trying to make bad things sound good, your not fooling anyone

11. How Edward is bit too over protective which annoys Bella, but how they forget every need to be angry when they are with each other.

Over protective? More like confinement! Good, he wouldn't let er go to the beach, because he couldn't stalk her there!!!
Thestraltears, I agree, it's to easy to prove ten wrong for this to be a debate :)
You're not being very brilliant. You're just presenting a personal bias attitude that' is honestly, just annoying. Your arguments are not solid, they're just disagreements with some insults thrown in.
een jaar geleden potteralltheway said…
1. the writing is better.
Honestly? *smacks forehead with binder*
2. the actors/actresses that make the film are talented.
Are you implying that the ones that act in Harry Potter aren't? Really? Kristen Stewart has like, one emotion.
3. Bella is a role model (she teaches people to hold on to their friendships and stuff and keep their secrets)
HA! So she shuts out her friends for four months and you call this HOLDING ONTO FRIENDSHIPS? She treats her friends as objects.
4. it has a PLOT
*snorts* Like what? Creating a baby that wasn't supposed to be there? Or building all this 'anticipation' to the 'battle' and then it ends in a conversation? Yeah, thanks for defending HP on that one.
5. the scenes in the movies are exciting.
Haha. You're so funny I forgot to laugh. For HP: Ministry of Magic in OOTP. The Mirror of Erised with Voldemort in the Sorcerer's Stone. Chamber of Secrets. Triwizard Tournament tasks. The cave. The final battle. I could keep going. Oh, and Twilight: Jacob turning into a werewolf cuz he's mad that Bella's marrying Edward.
6. The effects are amazing.
And Harry Potter's aren't?
7. a story about a vampire,werewolf, and mortal beats a swinging wand boy and his enemy the beast
Um... NO! This is purely opinion. Harry Potter has werewolves as well, and THEY transform at the CORRECT time. And while the Harry Potter people are shooting spells and hexes and jinxes, the vampires are threatening to bite them... while the wizards could just Stun them.
8. the actors and actresses are attached to their character and love them
Funny. Very funny. Robert Pattinson doesn't like Edward. And after working on the films for TEN YEARS, you don't call that attached?
9. the characters are not all good or all evil
Okay. So Voldemort is good. Harry Potter is evil. Bellatrix Lestrange is good. Hermione Granger is evil. Riiiiiight.
10. the evil people are villians for a reason like the newborn army in eclipse who almost killed the whole city of seattle or the volturi (they are not evil evil they have some good in them)
Wait. The newborn army has a reason? Or the Volturi? All I saw was that they were newborn and that the Volturi have some good in them.
11. the characters in twilight are nice and have a great personality and they are hot and cool too (they are lovable for that)
NICE? Shutting out your friends because you just got dumped by a stalker is NICE? Bella is shallow. Plus, looks aren't everything!
12. the cover of the books are drawn beautifully
Okay I can't deny that. But they aren't... unique. An apple. A flower. A torn ribbon. A chessboard. Harry Potter has a boy on a broomstick on the first book! Plus ever heard of 'don't judge a book by its cover'?
13. the posters of the movie looks verrrry cool
Uh huh. With people on them. Doing nothing.
14. creative and great ideas of the vampire form
I think you mean to write 'crazy and delusional'.
15. you can make your own stories out of the chapters of twilight
So basically you're saying that SMeyer wrote it so badly that a fanfiction writer could do better? And JK Rowling wrote it so well that fanfiction writers can't measure up? Thanks for providing us with one!
16. the phrase twi-hard is cool
And this makes the series better because...? And it isn't.
17. the mashup name renesmee is so creative
No way! It's basically combining celebrity couples like Bradgelina.
18. Meyer made the werewolves and vampire unite even though they are enemies to each other
Hogwarts final battle... HELLO? Have you read the books AT ALL? (HP I mean)
19. the book is an international bestseller and an award winning book too (chosen by book critiques)
Harry Potter ISN'T?
20. there are lessons you can learn from twilight (the thing u can learn from harry potter is how to do a spell on your friend so he can help u)
Oh? Like what? Once you get dumped by a stalking, sparkling vampire of a boyfriend, you can treat your friends like crap?
21. the emotions are deep in twilight and is a wide imaginative world (unlike wand boy)
DEEP? DEEP?! LMAO. And wide imaginative world? Regular people know about vampires and also werewolves. Now in Harry Potter, JK Rowling created a whole new world, even with their own alcohol, drinks, and appliances!
22. she replaces small simple words to long big words for people to be more educated not use simple words everyone can understand
Like...? my seven-year-old second cousin could probably understand the language SMeyer uses!
23. twilight has a theme of a mystical and imaginative world
Didn't you just use that one?
24. twilight is read by a massive audience
The majority of which either never liked it or came away from liking it.
25. the fight scenes are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing and you feel the fight by someway
Uh... what fight scenes exactly? Everyone with a heart could feel anxious when Voldemort appeared in the Ministry, and especially during the final battle!
26. the twilight quotes are really nice written and you feel the creativity in them
Give me ONE example. "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that." "After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." All from HP. And more. Want me to list them?
27. Meyer left clues for you to know the identity of each and every character
Uh... again, like...?
een jaar geleden potteralltheway said…
alexisn10: 90 million. :D
Again with the opinions... You can't tell a person they can't use opinions when you counter every little thing they say with your own personal opinion.
een jaar geleden VampiresRevenge said…
ThestralTears: Because there aren't that many "Twihards" in this spot to begin with, and the ones that are, rarely go to the Harry Potter forum to tell them how wrong their reasons are. Plus, you aren't supposed to tell people that their opinions are wrong because they are just that, opinions. Others may have different ones, but that doesn't mean that they are wrong. You have to debate the support behind those reasons, bringing your own support to back your opinion.
cassie-1-2-3

I hope you are aware that nobody really cares :D
Possibly.
But I care, so what you're trying to tell me doesn't matter.
cassie-1-2-3

if the quote and quote ``reasons`` can be bias and opinionated, i dont think it should really matter if our responses are
If the reasons can't be biased or opinionated, I don't see why the counterarguments should be.

(Note that I never said these are good reasons. I've said over and over again that these are poor counterarguments.)
wow, Im just going to go back to contradicting tw-hards reasons, its alot more fun then debating something useless with you
Okay, but be sure you do it better than you've been doing it.
1. The main character is much much easier to relate to.

riiiight, because more people can relate to mary-sues, rather then actually people with actuall feelings and expressions and mistakes

2. they are written so anyone can read and understand without the use of your dictionary

Anyone except people who have better things to do other then read terrible novels

3. Twilight goes more in depth with the emotions. You can feel Bella's pain when Edward leaves her. You can feel her confusion between Edward and Jacob. You can feel her love for Renesmee

not from Bella`s point of veiw, because Bella feels nothing.

4. Because unlike Harry no one thoughts are actually that deep and intellectual

i would rather have deep and intellectual thoughts then the onlythoughts being `duh duh duh duh duh`

5. Alice is a fun, bubbly character. Not all of them are dull.

Alice may be bubbly, but thats her only characteristic, just like every other breathing thing in the series, there is no depth to it

6. Who says wanting a bf is a crime? I dont think so. Some people do better with a boy than friends. that person is bella.

wanting a bf isnt a crime. depending on one 24.7 very well should be

7. Also, this is FANTASY! It doesn't have to be "well, the characters are more real." Fantasy books aren't Meant to be real! Books w/ aleins are fantasy. Aleins (probably) aren't real!

you make me laugh. smeyer wanted it to be as realistic as possible

8. Rosalie and Emmett. They are the most realistic of all the Cullens.

no there not, no cullens are realistic. they sparkle for gods sake

9. twilight was romantic

no it wasent, it was judgmental, lusty and stupid. Harry Potter had romance because it took Hermione and Ron 7 years to figure outt that they had feelings for each other

10. it was a book/movie tht lead its readers/watchers deeper into it

thats a HP reason, not a twi reason

11. there is a happy ending.

no there isnt.

12. there is a battle between good and evil

i keep on seeing HP instead of Twi... are you doing that on purpose?

13. sparklepyres or vampires, call them how you like - they have more nobility, more education, they are more fun, have more attractiveness than lots and lots of ordinary people. Wizards are interesting too but they don't have immortality on their side, nor the eternal beauty or that charming sweet smell ;)

thats what makes HP better. it doesnt have that crap on its side

14. it is important to anticipate te ending of a story - this is everyones mind exercise - but the Twilight series is not just "about a sappy love story that could have reached its happy ending in 4 seconds". If the reader gets cought up in the events of the story, the success of that story is sure. The complexity of the Twilight characters is obvious, and furthermore one can see the process of evolution that they go through in the 4 books.

what evelotion???? Bella was in highschool 2 years to many, and she never developes a personality, unlikie the harry potter characters
that better?
No. You're still blindly insulting people and you're not supporting your statements. You're just saying them, expecting other people to just agree. Give me reason to be forced to agree with you.
hey, i dont expect anyone to agree, and im not looking for anyones approvel, esoecially not yours. im not forcing you to do anything, I am posting my opinions just like everyone else is. everything is an opinion, if someone says, the sky is blue, and and someone condradicts, then bam, the opinion train starts up again
thats your opinion!

-no it isnt its a fact!

uh uh,the sky is turquise!

- thats your opinion!
een jaar geleden youknowit101 said…
1. The main character is much much easier to relate to.
2. they are written so anyone can read and understand without the use of your dictionary
3. Twilight goes more in depth with the emotions. You can feel Bella's pain when Edward leaves her. You can feel her confusion between Edward and Jacob. You can feel her love for Renesmee
4. Because unlike Harry no one thoughts are actually that deep and intellectual
5. Alice is a fun, bubbly character. Not all of them are dull.
6. Who says wanting a bf is a crime? I dont think so. Some people do better with a boy than friends. that person is bella.
8. Rosalie and Emmett. They are the most realistic of all the Cullens.
9. twilight was romantic
10. it was a book/movie tht lead its readers/watchers deeper into it
11. there is a happy ending.
12. there is a battle between good and evil
13. sparklepyres or vampires, call them how you like - they have more nobility, more education, they are more fun, have more attractiveness than lots and lots of ordinary people. Wizards are interesting too but they don't have immortality on their side, nor the eternal beauty or that charming sweet smell ;)
14. it is important to anticipate te ending of a story - this is everyones mind exercise - but the Twilight series is not just "about a sappy love story that could have reached its happy ending in 4 seconds". If the reader gets cought up in the events of the story, the success of that story is sure. The complexity of the Twilight characters is obvious, and furthermore one can see the process of evolution that they go through in the 4 books.
15. she has a normal life, she goes to school and afterwords she hangs out with her boyfriend.
16. you know her emotions and you realise why she does things. you can feel the love true the screen when you watch it. I don't feel any emotions accept feer when I watch HP but thats my view on it.
17. The book puts you in an average place: Forks, Washington. It's a rather normal place with normal people. Therefore, people can relate easier because they don't have to get past the "immaginative"(for lack of a better word) setting that is Harry Potter(big fan though).
18. Bella has separated parents. I personally don't, but I know that some people's parents might have this relationship. People who know about the relationship can relate to Bella's family problems easier.
19. Bella goes to a regular high school, has regular subjects, and regular "friends" without magic powers. People can relate to that easily because, siriusly people, if we didn't get our Hogwarts letters already we're not gonna. At my high school, we don't study Charms or Tranfiguration but Math and Science. Bella's freinds can be stated as the stereotypes in high schools. I haven't read the series since the first time, which was around a year and a half ago, so I can't go in depth about this.
20. Sparked the want to read in many teenage minds that had never really liked reading before.
21. It's a great fantasy series, like our Harry Potter, that can make you forget the perils of real life, by finding how others deal with more exaggerated problems.
22. For those who say Twilight has but one emotion, love, I argue that and say it also has pain. Bella doesn't want to have to choose between Edward and Jacob but she has to, and it kills her everday that she hurt Jacob.
23. Also, it's not healthy to be that depressed when someone leaves you, but he was get whole world. I know that's not healthy either, but he was her first love. Everyone goes a little crazy thier first time.
24. We say that Twilight is better because it has that Romeo and Juliet aspect. Bella and Edward are also star-crossed lovers and nothing can keep them apart. A good love story can always find it's was into the hearts and minds if people. Have any of you read Wuthering Heights? Another good example of star-crossed lovers. (and it was a superb book).
25. I would also like to add that it is perhaps a good thing that Stephenie Meyer didn't kill off any important characters. I've seen a lot of grief around the web when our favourite characters died in the Harry Potter series (Requiescant in pace Dumbledore, Severus Snape, Fred Weasley, Tonks, all four Marauders and the hundreds of good witches and wizards in Europe...). So Twilight is perhaps better in the aspect that none of the fans favourite characters died...
26. Those vamps' powers from all over the world were kind of cool. I especially like Zafrina's.
27. Its creative! Of course, there are cliche's but beyond the obvious, many parts are creative

Like Zafrinas
28. They are addicting books. Once you start reading them you get hooked. That was for me at least I know its not everyone.
29. the plot is good
30. At least they talk about reliegon even 4 a short while
31. Meyer is creative she even made her own type of vampire
32. he movie may not be faithful to the book but at least the cast are good
33. IT has a graphic novel
34. Stephenie Meyer did her research and found a place like Forks so the vampires could be outside. JK just made one up.
35. It's vampires living in a normal world, not vampires living in a vampire world undercover.
36. The sparkles are so unique and creative. They're not stupid.
37. They are immortal and they do have to survive on blood. I do agree that they aren't exactly like traditional vampires, but they still have some of the main traits.
38. twilight has passion,mystery,sadness
39. its interesting
40. its won mtv movie awards for the best movie of the year when new moon came out and the halfblood prince it was twilight who won the best movie of the year.
41. besides the characters being hot, when you read the books you instantly fall inlove with the character edward and the book has no pictures edwards personality in the books and movies is just charming and jacob hes so sweet.
42. twilight is also a little more realistic (even though its still fake) it doesnt say vampires die in the sunlight and they dont sleep in coffins in twilight its a normal person life goin two skool and everyting but in harry potter its the story we here over and over posions wands brooms and witches i like hp but twilight is better and it will always be my favorite
43. Harry Potter only depends in his wand and Edward Cullen can read his mind to know how and when and even how harry'll attack.
44. And alice can know(Harry's only human after all,weak) the future
45. Some could say Twilight is a better book because it has more romance (DISCLAIMER: I am definetly not saying that HP doesn’t have romance- just less). Romance apparently appeals more to teens.
46. Maybe Twi-fans could relate more to the feeling of indecision? Or the feeling of having to choose between two loved ones? I’m not too sure if that happens in HP (maybe when Hermione had to choose between Ron and Harry in DH? But, that was smaller scale).
47. Well, I have to admit it… Meyer does describe Bella’s feelings pretty well. Jo is a WAY better describer on most parts… but on feelings, I personally believe that Meyer does it almost on Jo’s level.

“Just because you like something, and someone doesn't, that DOES NOT make them stupider, dumber or beneath you. “ –A nice quote to toss in the mix

48. Twilight is inspirational, just look at how many great fan fics there are!
49. Twilight was probably more difficult to write because of the location and surroundings of the main characters.

In Harry Potter, sure these people are different, but they spent most of the story among their own kind. They didn't really have to hide who they are . In Twilight, they had to hide who they were from everyone except from theirselves. (excluding from when Bella found out and their interactions with the werewolves)
50. The Twilight books show a higher sense of maturity. (larger words, more adult themes. And by adult, I don't mean sexual)

You can't really say that is because Harry Potter is more kid friendly because HP has a lot more death and adults killing children... Voldemort trying to kill a baby...
51. Stephenie Meyer tried something new and risky. She wasn't afraid to venture away from the path most vampire novelists take. She did something different from what most people consider a "real vampire" to be.

(It's not against any rule to change what a vampire is because first of all, it's a fiction. Second of all, vampires are not real. You can do whatever you want with them, as long as you stay with the main theme, as Meyer did)
52. Stephenie's vampires are original. How did Rowling's wizards differ from original wizards? She just invented a couple more spells, filled in a few blanks, etc., but the basic wizard and HP wizards are the same.
53. Twilight shows a real approuch to situations. Not everyone goes out and persuits someone and fights them in revenge, which is seen in Harry Potter all the time.
54. Real people do not have courage like harry and his trio. (another situation) In twilight, all the characters , as much of their pride were realistic in the fact that they were frightened from their enemie. Like for not one second was Harry ever scared of Voldemort and was strong and brave. Harry Pottter always wins his battles. Victory is sooo cliche, Twilight reconcises defeat(in small doeses), which is always good to read.
55. There is a love triangle in Eclispe between Bella, Edward, and Jacob. Love triangles can happen in real life.
56. Plot line of the first book:
Exposition: Edward reveals himself as a vampire
Rising action: James decides to hunt Bella
Climax: Bella goes to meet James and is captured.
Falling Action: Cullens show up and save the day.
Resolution: Bella is safe (as far as they know at this point) Edward denies her request to make her into a vampire.
57. And there's more to the story than Bella falling in love with a vampire when referring to the whole series. There's the threats it puts on her life and all everyone needs to go through to get her out of it. There's the sacrifice she makes for love. The whole Jacob thing..
58. Bella and Edward - The Average Girl Gets the Hot Guy
Bella Swan, the main character, (played by Kristen Stewart) drives an ugly truck and doesn’t dress with any style. She loves to read and is an introvert, not a cheerleader. Her friends are few and her home life is less than stellar. However, it is she who Edward Cullen (played by Robert Pattinson) is attracted to.

59. Edward loves Bella to the exclusion of all else. He protects her, worries about her and takes care of her. He is devoted to her and considers her needs far above his own. In Twilight, Edward tells Bella, “You are my life.” In New Moon (the second book in the series) he says, “You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world.” And in Eclipse (the third book) Edward declares, “You are my first priority.”
60. The fact that Edward is sincere in what he says to Bella makes the Twilight series especially gratifying to readers. These books are not merely fantasies, but love stories. Girls are swept off their feet by Edward’s maturity and thoughtfulness. They appreciate his compassionate nature and loving concern for Bella.

61. Bella is a True Friend
Although many people in the community of Forks, Washington find Edward scary and dangerous, Bella only sees the good in him. She sticks by him even after learning the secret he harbors; Edward is a vampire. In the same way, she is also fiercely loyal to Jacob (her best friend). Upon discovering that Jacob is a werewolf, Bella is unphased. She asserts that their friendship will prevail.
62. Bella is the type of friend that girls want. She is accepting and trustworthy. Her values are not skewed by society. She remains faithful, reliable and devoted to her friends.
63. Edward is a Gentleman
Edward is Bella’s knight in shining armor. He treats Bella with respect in all situations. He refuses to have sex outside of marriage because he wants everything to be perfect when it comes to her. He drives when they go out, takes care of her every need and is polite and courteous to her father. He even holds her and sings to her.
64. Edward is so popular because girls love the way he treats Bella. Girls want to be treated like a lady, they want the guy to take charge, make plans for dates and be respectful. So what makes Edward so appealing? He isn’t pushy or boorish, but classy and sophisticated. He is smart and well read, mannered and considerate. Edward truly loves Bella and wants whatever is best for her.
65. The slight attempts to add romance to Harry Potter weren't that great.
66. Twilight teaches us that people aren't ugly.
67. it was a love story... And people can relate to love more than magic, which is a totally nonexistent thing
68. The fact that Bella got sad doesn't make her weak.
69. -The villians are much more realistic.
70. I always considered the antagonist in Twilight to be the actual natural vampire instincts, not the instinctual vampires.
The Cullens battled with their instincs constantly. The battled against vampires acting on those instincts. Bella battles against Renesmee's instincts for a bit. There was Edward's natural hatred for Jacob.
71. Teenagers are capable of being in love, as displayed in Harry Potter.
72. I believe everyone is good, in the sense that no physical character is evil.

From what I've observed, the biggest struggles people encounter have little to do with other people as individuals.
The vampiric instincts is the evil. Resistance is the good. The vampires that resist are the ones who can be trusted, and the ones who don't, can't.
73. It's different in Breaking Dawn, though.

In BD, some human killing vampires are on the good side because the struggle changes. The evil is now interpretation (which in real life almost always causes huge problems). All being willing to assist in clearing it up are the good guys. All those not willing or those who misinterpret are the bad guys.

No character actually does anything evil, but they represent evil aspects of life.
74. Stephenie Meyer took ideals and made them into literal situations. i.e. Love is eternal-Vampires are eternal, and for Bella, she needs to be a vampire to love forever,

Good vs. Evil-Resisting temptation is good. Giving in is evil.

Good vs. Evil-Intolerence and Passing judgement without knowing all the facts is evil. Knowledge and understanding is good.
75. Twilight teaches you that you don't have to do or be what everyone expexts you to do or be (human killing vamires)
76. You can do anything you set your mind to. (Defeat villains, become a vampire despite what others want)
77. Good things come to those who wait (Love and happiness for Edward.)
78. Bella got to know Edward over time.. At first, it was infatuation, as it begins with all relationships. Bella jumped the gun by saying she was unconditionally in love, which happens with real people too, but it eventually catches up with her.
Edward knew her well before he said he was in love with her.
79. Similar obscure taste in music and literature. (obscure in the sense that it's not the most popular) That alone can be enough to provide strong, lasting bonds for some people.
They both live without at least one of their parents.
They both feel unworthy of one another. Something that keeps them apart, yet holds them together.

Being with someone exactly like yourself is no fun.
80. Then there's being somewhat shy and being introverted.
81. More, they're both very stubborn, compassionate, polite, determined, they both tend to overreact, overanalytical, the both put the other before themselves. They have a lot more in common personality wise than the do preference wise.
82. There's less cursing in Twilight/ it doesn't get kids into cursing
83. Twilight doesn't encourage setting your teachers on fire
84. Twilight doesn't encourage experimenting on animals.
85. In Twiliught, they didn't let the kids get away with in school violence
86. Twilight doesn't condone violence in the workplace
87. In Twilight, the Teachers don't hit their students

The reasons are scarce becuause there are only a few people listing them.

I don't agree with all of them, but they're there.

I remember some HP quote “We lose our powers when we lose our voices”
The voices aren’t all gone yet."

Someone else also posted this. I haven't read all of them, and I don't like all of them, but they're there too.

1. Because Twilight is about romantic love. Yeah, Harry Potter is about love, but it is so broad.
2. The love of boy-and-girl is easier to read than the fight of a wizard against the wizarding world.
3. Harry Potter is so complicated. Twilight is not.
4. Harry Potter is too long. It has seven books and Twilight Series has only four.
5. Harry Potter has so many characters.
6. Twilight names are readable. I mean don't get me wrong. I used to read Hermione as Her-mi-yown before the movie releases.
7. Unconditional love of Edward to Bella. I know there are so many kind of unconditional love in Harry Potter but in Twilight, it focuses on romantic unconditional love. Of how much a boy loves his girl.
8. Edward can't live without Bella. I mean, the book doesn't encourage suicide (in Edward's part, I go to Bella's suicidal attempt later) it only shows that he can not live without his midnight sun.
9. Edward has no life since he was turned to vampire. He's the perfect example of a living dead but when he met Bella, she becomes Edward's life.
10. That is why he have the right to think to sparkle in Italy in public so the Volturi will have enough reason to sentence his death. At least, he didn't kill himself. Right? :)
11. The description of Bella that Edward is hot despite of his cold, cold, cold, pale skin. It makes me think that you can be hot and cold at the same time. It's somehow cool.
12. Meyer just created the new definition of vampire. That's make her very imaginative.
13. Her vampire sparkle instead of burning in the sun. How many of you thought about that before Twilight? No one.
14. Her vampire can't sleep instead of sleeping in coffin.
15. Her vampire sucks blood of animals instead of humans. They are vampire. That only shows how they fight immorality instead of killing innocent people.
16. If Lord Voldemort wanted immorality why can't he ask Edward to suck his blood? Or Jasper.
17. Lord Voldemort wanted immorality. Edward doesn't. He just don't have a choice.
18. Edward never fall for any girl and remained virgin for over one hundred year. He offered his body to Bella untouched. In our generation, men usually wanted just sex for relationship. That's very sweet of him.
19. Edward struggle a lot on how to stay away or to stay with Bella because he's dangerous. That is something. Indeed, a story.
20. Edward can read minds.
21. He never look for another girl. That is something that girls wanted their man to be.
22. He is very faithful to Bella.
23. Vampires and Shareshifters doesn't need a wand to make themselves powerful.
24. Meyer didn't use magic for entertainment purposes.
25. Meyer just wrote what her heart is saying and that is something teenage girls can really feel.
26. I respect Stephen King for his opinion but he should also understand that the target readers of the series are teenage girls. Not old men.
27. He really can't appreciate Meyer's writing if he writes about horror and Meyer writes about romantic love.
28. There are too many spells/charms/curses in Harry Potter. Vampires don't need any of these.
29. They arm strong and fast by nature.
30. Both Edward and Jacob are hot. Please don't let me spare this reason.
31. Again, Meyer is very creative to think that werewolves can change anytime they want to without the help of full moon.
32. Bella is a weak character just like any other girls. I am not generalizing.
33. If a character is so strong like Hermione I don't think any boy might offer her help because she could intimidate boys.
34. Jacob is a true friend even though he fell in love for Bella.
35. Meyer is smart for creating Renesme for Jacob. At least he didn't let Jacob suffer in a heartbreak.
36. Edward is not pedophile because even he's over one hundred and fell in love with seventeen year old. He didn't want to live and consider himself dead when he was turned. That makes him seventeen forever.
37. So as Jacob. Renesme grew fast.
38. It makes you think why apple is the cover of Twilight instead of twilight.
39. Bella is a classic example of a girl who knows how to cook.
40. Meyer is the American Rowling of America.
41. I feel bad for Meyer because her series is newer than Rowling.
42. If Twilight was created in 1997 and Harry in 2005, I bet Rowling would have been tag as the English Meyer. :)
43. If both Twilight and Harry Potter created 1997 I bet we have the same number of fans.
44. Jacob is a sweet friend.
45. So as Alice.
46. She can also see the future unlike fraud Trelawney who wears wierd stuff and needs a crystal ball.
46. Jasper can control emotions.
47. Jane could kill you with a stare. Could any wizard could do this without the help of wand? No.
48. Our villain, the Volturi is not that bad as Death Eaters. You can talk to them in a friendly way.
49. Violence is not a solution in any situation. That is the theme of Breaking Dawn.
50. Vampires talking in Breaking Dawn instead of fighting is a perfect example of world peace. Yeah. Let there be peace on earth. :)
51. Bella is in love with Edward without any reasons. That what is really love. You love a person without a reason.
52. Before, vampires are evil. Now, they are the boyfriend a teenage girl wanted to have. You could really go with Meyer's world.
53. If Harry and Edward were in a duel, I mean man to man. Without any magic. Who would you think will sparkle.
54. Meyer never uses the word fang in her series yet it talks about vampire. Brilliant!
55. Rowling can never go on with her story if she'll omit the word wand. :)
56. Harry Potter has many stories. Stories about Weasleys. Dark lord. Snape. Lily. And even a rat. I meant scabbers that is so hard to memorize.
57. Meyer focuses only about Bella.
58. Bella is very much in love with Edward that will risk even her own life.
59. How many books have you read that the hero kisses the heroine and the heroine faints? Only Twilight book.
60. That makes Meyer original.
61. Carlisle suffered a lot by stitching some humans even though it was like a very delicious food for him.
62. Instead of killing people, Carlisle saves people. How cool is that?
63. Hermione ditches her father and mother in the last book for her friends to think that she's the only child. Selfish.
64. Yeah, Bella ditches her friends but it's not that she's very close to them. It's not just like that.
65. There's no Rita Skeeter and Umbridge in Twilight.
66. Meyer didn't need to research and stuff. All she needed was to dream. Then poof! One of the best-selling novels.
67. Rowling took a lot of time to finish the first book.
68. What if Meyer took a lot of time for her book, she'll beat Rowling in an instant and will be twice millionaire.
69. Even if the books are full of grammatical errors, it was still understandable.
70. Meyer is creative.
71. Edward can carry a bus with one hand. Can Harry do that?
72. If it wasn't for Hermione and Ron, Harry has been dead since book one.
73. Most interesting prequel: Edward's life before Bella rather than Harry's ten years in cupboard. :)
74. When Harry was asked how was his first kiss with Cho. He answered: wet. Duh! What's wet? His pants? Of course it's obvious that in kissing lips was wet.
75. Harry Potter taught us war. Twilight taught us to be peaceful.
76. Harry Potter taught us bloody vengeance. Twilight taught us to be calm no matter how dangerous you are.
77. Renesme is awesome because she's half mortal and half immortal. Cool!
78. Edward can't read the mind of the woman he only loves. That's a little bit entertaining.
79. There are no pale wizards like pale vampires.
80. Wizarding life were based on their wands. That's all.
81. Bella is unconditionally and irrevocably in love with Edward. That's something.
82. Lord Voldemort would've been kill in the first book if he weren't so stupid.
83. Sirius was killed because of Harry's stupidity.
84. No one died in Twilight. Many of us prefer happily-ever-after.
85. How could you be happy if Fred's died? I mean how about George?
86. And Dobby! The only elf that has actually a brain. Rowling would've killed Kreacher but not Dobby.
87. And Hedwig. I mean how come Hedwig tried to save Harry's life in the movie?
88. There were so many stories in the movies in Harry Potter that weren't written in the book. Epic fail.
89. Not like Twilight series.
90. The movies were rushed because they don't want the fans to wait for so long.
91. We believe that love conquer it all! Without dying.
92. Sorry but we don't want to cry because our hero or heroine died.
93. If Rowling was that strong enough to kill a character, why not Harry?
94. She made a very cheesy ending there.
95. In Breaking Dawn, you're expecting a war. But it didn't happen.
96. In Deathly Hallows, you're expecting a war that will end like Voldemort will die and Harry will live. It happened.
97. Who's the predictable book now?
98. I would've been surprised if Rowling killed Harry. I mean seriously.
99. In Twilight, love is all that matter.
100. In Harry Potter, magic is all that matter."
TheLittleBean commented…
I couldn't even read most of this. And number 100., WTF? Grow a brain, actually read the series (HP) and see if u can still think that. een jaar geleden
She DID kill Harry... sort of. Also, he's the main character, which door the laws of fiction makes him near frigging indestructible een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden youknowit101 said…
Knock yourself out, kid.