Huddy The Huddy Void

fran2 posted on Oct 10, 2011 at 01:30PM
A place for those who do not want to resign themselves to the evidence and are still in denial.
A place for those who are angry.
A place for those who are in acceptance (lucky people!).
A place for all of us, hopeless Huddies, because we do feel that House and Cuddy have been the most incredible couple we’ve ever known and they are always gonna be the most incredible couple we have ever known.

Trying to survive the season 8 and hoping for a season 9 ;-))).....keep talking and keep the flame burning!

Title credit @bh
Pic credit @huddycat69
 A place for those who do not want to resign themselves to the evidence and are still in denial. A pl

Huddy 403 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 403

een jaar geleden fran2 said…
kiss

Hello dear huddies :-))))
Did you watch the episode?
Watching Risky Business I felt impatient at first and then gradually I realized that my anger was growing up and I did not understand completely why. Perhaps because of Adams who spoke about the clinic’s hours, usurping the place of Cuddy or Cuddy's office which is always a punch in the stomach or Foreman instead of Cuddy and so on. Until the final scene, wonderful. It made me cry. I realized that probably the final scene was necessary for me, for all of us because we accumulated so much anger from Moving On. So it was a release scene, very significant. And the House’s smile had a huge power, it was the smile of a man who knew that we all needed a similar gesture. Great.
What do you think?

On a side note, it's curious that the bat has a particular appeal to me. I often joke with my husband asking him to buy a bat to me so that I can use it when someone makes me very angry (of course he doesn’t fit my desire… do you think that he is afraid? XDDD)

The song’s choice is amazing
een jaar geleden bluehue said…
heart
Hey there all, @mysusp, @rennie, my dear busy@bea :), @fran...@hudcat..@tammy tam tam!!

Well @fran, I did sort of watch "Risky." Honestly though, I did NOT pay close attention during this episode..so have no idea really what it was really about. (Thanks 4 your insight). I mentioned on BB's blog..that it bothered me during that last "smash therapy" scene..that House put on safety glasses..but did not offer a protective pair for Adams..as she whacked a helpless skeleton to bits..etc.. (Now, I imagine those broken remains may turn up on an upcoming (B)ones crossover episode).
Yes, @fran/"side note," be sure to ask your hubby for a baseball bat for Christmas AND a book on anger management..ha. P.S. Actually, it's fun too..my hub & I enjoy taking batting practice together..tho we use a plastic bat & a bucket of wiffle balls..or every window in my house would be cracked.

@hudcat..@tammy, I just saw your team fanfic posted..it looks really good!! Those cool montage pics of Huddyness & jail bars "captured" my attention too. I'll be sure to leave a comment when finished reading. Oh..won't forget to look for @rennie's belated fic too, a blast of Huddy heat from the past I suspect. In the East..it is getting COLDER..so any heat is helpful. (Poor me..I had no running water or power..for 3 days!! I LOVE electricity!!).

CONGRATS on your new job @bea! I've enjoyed your loooooong posts..ha. ALWAYS interesting.

See you again.
last edited een jaar geleden
smile
JUST for baseball bat fever, forum fun..or something like it, here's a TV quiz question:

@bluehue will award a shiny new medal to the first correct answer!!

QUESTION: Can you guess the couple holding the baseball bat together?
 JUST for baseball bat fever, forum fun..or something like it, here's a TV kwis question: @bluehue
een jaar geleden HuddyBea said…
mischievous
Just stopping by very briefly again, but I haven't watched the last two eps yet so I have no thoughts to share so far.

Anyway I thought about you cause as signing in I realized I've been awarded with the Shooting Star Medal, which very much unconveniently says "When you wish upon a star...." and who else could I be thinking of if not my crazy, lovely bunch of Huddy fellas? Of course the mishap - so to call it in such dreary times - is just meant to screw up with me even further, since - IDK whether you heard - our sexy leading man dared to tease (of course he can dare this and beyond...just try me, Hugh XD ) about an upcoming BIG event (ndr. Audio Interview from FOX All Access that you can find on the website) which is currently be kept under wraps by writers. And what do you think my hopeless-never-to-be-fallen-out-of-love Huddy/Huli(retired...or does it?XD) mind raced? *headdesk*

I hope he realizes thou there's no any other big event coming up apart from THE EVENT XD and we all know which one would make our year, decade, century, millennium etcetera etcetera :P

Delirious pic from Italian Mag for you....*waves self*

PS I know...I never change....isn't that comforting? ;)
 Just stopping door very briefly again, but I haven't watched the last two eps yet so I have no thoughts
een jaar geleden tammyr50 said…
heart
House Fandom: Is there such a thing anymore?
Ok, so I watched the most recent House episode, Risky Business S8E04 and I will give my HONEST OPINION. I’m going to state my good with my bad. YES, I have NEGATIVE things to report as well. The difference is, I admit that I will be there next week to watch any shenanigans that Greg House gets into because I AM A FAN of this show. I still think it is the most interesting blend of humor and drama written on TV, and by far the most interesting character study.
Parks: I love her. I know she is a bit annoying but honestly, let me tell you what would happen if she were not. If she instead were made to be more charming and glamorous, everyone would freak out due to her obvious chemistry with House. Chemistry isn’t always sexual, but can be easily misconstrued if the audience found her in the least bit sexually attractive. So they make her geeky and POOF: problem solved. We wanted House to have a friend? Parks is a good candidate. She is socially awkward, smart, and a HIGHLY trainable as she has shown in EVERY episode. She is like his “mini-me.” She helped him trick Adams last episode, tried to subtly blackmail Foreman last night on just his hinting…I mean, how far will she go under his influence? I can’t wait to find out! House finally has a minion! Wuahahahaha!!!
Adams: She is pretty and smart…but I think she is a bit dry and seems a bit too disgusted with H’s unethical practices to be a potential love interest. I think we can relax about the possibility of a romantic relationship for House. I don’t think it’s going to happen. Romances that don’t work can really break a show and I don’t see them trying it again. I don’t get that vibe at all from House and Adams. They are still causing a big fat zero reading on my Sparkometer…and I’m glad.
Foreman as DoM: Boring. He was boring before so I am used to this. Taub was the only one that made him remotely interesting to me so we’ll see if their little bromance picks back up when the Mini-Casanova returns. If not, meh…I never know what they plan to do with Foreman but I know it never seems to work. I felt rather cheated that he and 13 did not have a single scene together on her final episode. I think that would have been interesting. Geez, can they throw a little drama his way? I’m just saying…
Wilson: Last night’s episode DID NOT have enough Wilson in it. That’s right. I said it. He was an important part of the episode, but they rather kept him in the background. If Cuddy is gone, the most entertaining and meaningful relationship House has is with him. Sorry but Hilson is going to pick up some of the Huddy slack. It’s just the way it is. Like the new characters or not, I want to see how House and Wilson are doing now. They have a history and familiarity that I need after having so much time invested in this show. Stop holding out on the Hilson, Writers! It’s bad enough we are going through Huddy, TEAM, bike, and PIANO withdrawals…stop skimping on the one bone you threw us! I ..erm…HOUSE needs Wilson in his life!!! He just got out of PRISON, for the love of Pete!
Clinic Patients: I see them bracing us for more clinic duty for House. I’m cool with that. I always found those as little welcome breaks of comic relief when the show was getting too serious. House interacting with patients is damned amusing, and if you don’t think so, well…Why do you watch this show again?
House is a character sketch of a socially awkward genius that has chosen medicine as his profession and the pursuit of his happiness. Did you ever stop to wonder why a character like House chose a profession helping people in the first place? I believe he wants to be loved for his genius, because that is all he really believes he has to offer. The character is still a puzzle that I am very much trying to solve before the end of the series. I LOVED Huddy and Hacy because it gave us insight into how he can love someone romantically…but ultimately destroy it for himself every time because despite the huge ego, he doesn’t love himself very much…and he isn’t willing to change himself.
Try to remember what it was that you loved about this show and embrace it. If all you liked about the show was Cuddy, well I’m sorry for our loss (Yes, I said OUR) but the show is about House. Do you want to know what happens to him or don’t you? I hope the answer is yes. I hate getting on my TL hoping to discuss House with other fans and getting comments like “House sucks without Cuddy” instead. I thought this was a place I could escape to discuss my favorite show with other enthusiasts, not have to defend it weekly. I hope you do give it a chance but if it sucks that bad for you, don’t watch! I hate that it comes to that but you can’t possibly get pleasure from ruining it for others, right?

(This was a blog wrote by a very passionate House fan and my reply is underneath. She has refocused my passion for the show. She loved Huddy and actually Hacy also. This writer reminds me a lot of you @Fran2 and her love for this character)

I was a huge Huddy and found it hard to let go and accept change but this study is about House. This writer reminded me of that and also reminded me of why i love House so much.
He is a genius who is flawed and so desperately tries to act like he doesn’t care while he probably cares more than anyone. He has tried for years to come to terms with “life” while still having more questions than answers. “Sound familiar?” It should, its all of us. Which is why I can’t turn my back on this character and I am grateful to this writer for reminding me of that before I lost the chance to watch this story play out.
Now he has made some mistakes and lost someone he loved. I need to see how he will deal with it and how he tries to move on. trying to adapt to change and all the while trying to find familiarization in his surroundings.
I love that he made a connection with Adams and I agree there is no romantic theme.
I also agree Wilson is definitely important while the audience is desperately trying to adapt to change while trying to find familiar surroundings.
I love Dr. Park and eagerly await Taub and Chase. I thank this writer for reminding me that House is a journey much like life. You don’t want to stop until you reach the destination
link

If you would like to read more of her stuff or pics. that isa link to her Tumbler. Drop a line.

@Rrennie - Loved your story as always. Woman you have a way with the Huddy heart.

@huddycat - Beautiful story and I love that portrait you created.

@BH - Would that be Adams and House? If that is the pic do you also know there is a contest to win the bat?

@Fran2 @bea @Bh and all the beautiful Huddy ladies it is time to discuss these episodes. Anybody up for it?
@bh – house and cuddy hands? Damn. @tammy guessed before me! I want a bat…;-))

@tammy - Darling, you miss this place for a little but when you return you….beat us up XDDDD
Your friend is nice :-))) I really appreciate her comment. You may invite her to write here…:-))
And your remark “I thank this writer for reminding me that House is a journey much like life. You don’t want to stop until you reach the destination” is touching as always and I agree with you, as always.

@bea “I know...I never change....isn't that comforting? ;)”
Dear, you can’t imagine how much!! :-))))
BIG EVENT??!!! O_O what???????? *trying to keep a certain composure and not deceive myself*
PS: …filo d’argento???? ….viso ben curato????.... Muaaaaaaahhhhh! What about EVERYTHING else? ;-)

@mysusp – where are you?

Now I would like to clarify that I wrote my remark about the final scene on the spur of the moment… on-the-spot comments…how do you say? I probably have not well explained my feeling.
We all, overrated normal people, have aggressive instincts and fortunately we generally sublimate it, but the aggressiveness belongs to human nature. Have you ever wanted to be alone in a room full of all kinds of tableware and smash them against a wall only for the purpose of proving relief? I have. This makes me a bad person? No I hope, because at that time I wouldn't hurt anyone. Thus, the final scene seemed to me more liberating that dangerous and the fact that she is not wearing glasses it seemed a negligible compared to the great emotional charge that the gesture has sent to me. Of course this is simply my lived :-)
About the rest of the episode, I did not find it particularly intriguing. It’s true, they have given us the clinic but not “The Clinic” in which we were accustomed (I didn’t laugh :-(( )
After 4 episodes I can enumerate what I miss most: House’s moments of solitude and introspection, the music, the old teamS, the smart (not verbal) comparisons between everything that happens in an episode and the evolution of the man House, and last but not least… the suffering. About suffering I, incurable optimist, made the idea that in this first part of the season TPTB want to show us a House loosely in contact with his deeper being, almost a kind of House that, to survive, has lifted the powerful unconscious defences.
I am curious to see what will happen in the future.
 @bh – house and cuddy hands? Damn. @tammy guessed before me! I want a bat…;-)) @tammy - Darling,
een jaar geleden lashao813 said…
smile
@tammyr50 Hmmmmm...That editorial looks familiar. Hehe. Thanks for your support and I'm glad I was able to influence your outlook on House in a positive light.
@fran2 - Thank you for your kind words. I think you're "nice" too. :)
een jaar geleden mysuspicionis said…
smile
Awwww thanks for missing me :,). I will try and come by fri or saturday. I think about you girls a lot. I am 2 eps behind still so I'm glad to hear they had some good things in them. By the way I found out Parks was in Juno!!!
wink
Ok, after Tam scolded me like that - in her usual lovely way thou - I promise I ll watch XD Gezz woman you can be convincing, I feel all ashamed that I haven t yet XD Anyway I enjoyed your "novel" as @Fran likes to call them, very much and the chracters analisis sound accurate but cracked me up at the roght moments :) anyway I am not sure your faith in the lack of an otherwise suicidal sort of romance b/w House and the girl from the prison (sorry, still catching up on names....what was hers again?) cause this ain t our show anymore, even if some things work and some others will always bring us back. I guess I d rather be skeptical and avoid to be get disapppointed and then be surprised in case XD Brave Heart they used to call me :P

Ok now after my daily dose of BS and nonsense what can I say? I renew my love for you, I ll promise I will be watching very soon cause I can t live with Tam s look of disapproval on my any longer <3 and I ll show up once the task is done and the mission accomplished. BTW Tam I do need you DESPERATELY for a project I m working with a friend of mine and you ll be part of my focus reading group if you wish :D

@Fra anche tu mi saresti utilissima, mi serve qualcuno anche italiano che sia della fandom ma con un buon senso dell umorismo, magari poi ti mando un msg e ti spiego, ma è ancora tutto allo stato embrionale. Cmq se hai tempo ovvio e si tratterebbe di una cosa a rilento, esssenzialmente a me e una mia amica serve qualcuno che ci dia un'opinione su una cosa che stiamo scrivendo a quattro mani, e ho pensato a voi dentro la fandom, al max chiedo a Belle se rispunta un di XD Baci scappoooooooo
big smile
BTW hi new member up there
heart
@tammy, Okay..I read the fan review you shared..which was GREAT!

YESSS..welcome & THANKS to @lash! Wonderful insight. I really like that you say..or remind in ref. to House-Park, that chemistry is not always "sexual." More "teacher/student," or paternal.
Tammy's response also full of "heart" as we have come to know. SORRY, I can't contribute much to "Risky Biz," I did not watch attentively. Next time..I'll try to "focus."

@fran, I understood you perfectly..in ref. to the catharsis of "breaking something." This is very human..and sometimes necessary..helpful. So..yes, maybe that Adams scene with the bat..was for all of us in a way.
(I tend to throw things..now & again. Duck!)

BTW, I guess my "bat reference" was too obscure. The tv couple was, Mulder-Scully, in an episode called "The Unnatural." Thanks for your guesses @tam & @fran. I do wish..though, that Huddy would have had a few more moments of "togetherness" as a couple..before the "train wreck."
However..that saying, "the definition of agony is hoping for something you cannot have." Sigh.

@mysusp, Even tho you are behind with your (H)ouse-work, it's still good to see you drop by. P.S. Cool..Parks was in Juno..I'm going to look that up.

@bea, Right..about "some things work & some not..and some things bring us back," I feel the same way..cause I will see this show to the end...to complete the journey..even if a bit weary.

@bluehue bla-bla-bla-ing:
I must say, it helps to have another show that you enjoy or are "in to." For me, as I've mentioned, it is the newest incarnation of Doctor Who..it captures my insane..childhood fear of scary things under the bed..love of science fiction & fairy tale..with a mysterious mad love at the heart of it. It takes patience though..to follow a show..cause of the ups & downs...good & bad.
For others here..maybe it is Castle, The Good Wife, Sons of Anarchy, Bones...so for better or worse, (H)ouse is still here for us to follow..and see where it lands..where it takes us.

Later.
 @tammy, Okay..I read the fan review u shared..which was GREAT! YESSS..welcome & THANKS to @lash!
cool
Off-topic post

Bluehue!! I guessed Mully and Sculder but I thought I was wrong since the girls said it was Huddy. Remember my weird OCD memory? I haven't seen Xfiles but I used to read the entertainment section of our paper and it mentioned the baseball scene, and given your love of Xfiles...elementary my dear Watson. hee hee I wish I could remember appointments, to put on makeup, hand in paperwork but I guess I will take what I was given ;) By the way I used to play a math game with my students on the smartboard (it's like a blackboard that interacts with your computer allowing it to function as a touchscreen and lots of other cool features) It had a chameleon named Leon who went on special assignments. He had to infilterate Camoflauge (while solving math problems) and his mission was to take back the X Flies. (flies in a glass bottle)
On topic post---

I watched Charity Case and I must say I liked it. I really emphasize with Parks and the gifts issue. I am really uncomfortable with people paying for my food or owing money. I can tell that I have been away from watching House for a while because he seems so mean now! I'd built up a tolerance to it I suppose and now it's a little shocking, as well as Adam's messing with Parks. Therefore the collaboration of Parks, and House at the end was a nice surprise. It was good to see that the writing was still sharp and funny. "Echo virus virus virus virus" was my favorite as well as the "Charlie's Angels vibe." I need to watch the movie 7 Pounds because the patient of the week reminded me of this although in the movie the character is motivated by guilt and desire for redemption.
big smile
Aww I read someone's remark that Parks was in Juno but they were wrong. Here is a clip of her in the movie Paper Heart. I've only seen the last 20 minutes but I remember wanting to see it when it was available for rental. Michael Cera is her boyfriend in the movie. I love the way he talks LOL
I think House may seem a little hard as in earlier seasons. Once you realize the one person you thought could love you through all your mess can't it's pretty earth shattering. He doesn't have any where to go. Hookers don't seem to fill the void. Vicodin doesn't fill the void. He is searching for something that might. Can he find it?

I am afraid for him. He has always kept people at arms length distance because he was afraid if they saw him they wouldn't want him. So he pushes away but only because he is afraid of being rejected. You can want it so much on the inside and just be so broken you don"t know how to reach on the outside.
surprise
So guess what's on TV...7 Pounds. I am near the part where it's obvious SPOILER that he is falling in love with the woman with the congenital heart defect. He is going to donate his heart to her as one of the seven people who will receive his organs. I just looked it up on wiki and saw this quote by Will Smith that sadly applies very much to House...

"Smith described the reason he took on the role:

Usually with the films that I make there are ideas that I connect to, but lately I've been dealing with the bittersweet in life because it feels more natural. You don't ever get it really the way you want in life. That really fascinates me. As an actor, there are certain parts of a character that you create, and you train yourself to have those reactions and then it becomes hard to stop them when the role is over. You have to retrain yourself. My character in this film is like hot grits. You know you can't shake them off and when you do, it hurts.[5]

Smith acknowledged Seven Pounds as a drama film, but he saw it as more of a love story.[6]
sunny
@mysusp, Ah ha! "The Truth Is Out There," I knew you would be most likely to guess the bat pic. I'm easy..one medal for you..anyhoo! (You do have a great memory). Seems very true too, your W. Smith thought, "hard to stop when the role is over," I can only imagine.
P.S. As for the start of Huddyless (H)ouse season, so far, I've enjoyed "Transplant" & "Charity Case."

@tammy, Not much to add, but I guess House IS coming off with more of a jagged edge these days. (?!) I guess..hardened by prison life, personal failure(s), and pain. He seems to be most busy salvaging the one part of his life that is more or less constant..the need to connect the diagnostic dots & hunt down answers, using people as his personal pawns, tho now without the presence of his "queen." Some of you have voiced hopes of House returning to his music, his soul searching "softer side." I agree, and that will be ever more poignant, if & when he will allow himself to find comfort there..let alone be again vulnerable in loving arms..not the sort who get payment for a "happy ending." Hmmmmm. Love can turn up when you least expect it, as I've heard. Have a wonderful weekend!
heart
I agree with @rennie. That's the same issue I'm having with accepting this turn of events...and I do recognize I have multiple issues as well.

Sorry, laconic post...bad day at work. Holding myself back. I want to chop heads off right now. Be back with some more positive and cheery posts soon.
In that sense, @Tammy said House seems like from earlier seasons... I think the whole show does. Which would be fine if it WAS earlier seasons. But they are going backwards, like a full grown man returning to adolescence. Hmmmm. ;)

One line that Cuddy had near the and of last season was "You can't go back." I agree that House is definitely edgy but he is coming off of a heartbreak.

In admitting to Cuddy he was hurt it ripped open the wound and it laid bared and although she was sorry that wasn't what House was looking for. An apology doesn't take away pain and loss and when you can't deal with it or let it go you have to cover it up.

I think we see a very controlled House making some connections but all at arms length distance but underneath it all lies the anger and the pain. IMO right now in order for H to move on he is trying very hard to be neutral and maybe even a little numb.

@Bea - I am in for anything you need all you do is let me know.

@Fran2 - I could never beat you up. I love you way too much. I do think that we will see House open up and get those poignant moments that @BH was speaking of.

What I see so far: I saw him let 13 go and push her toward being happy which I see as growth for House. The reason I enjoyed the scene with Adams at the end because again H was showing concern for someone and also relating to her anger because of the anger he felt with Cuddy. Dr. Parks is like a brand new toy for H so we should get interesting moments from that relationship. With Chase and Taub's return we will probably see him pushing Chase and Adams together. Remains to be seen if he tries to help Taub reconcile with his wife.

As for H well we have two possible endings. We either get a House that is self-destructed or one that is standing on the front door of Cuddy's doorstep realizing she is was he needs and wants and figures out how to give it to her.
kiss
@Rrenniei "Not THE Jesus, people. Relax. Jesus"

LMAO XD

@Tam "0r one that is standing on the front door of Cuddy s doorstep"

Why you keep doing this to me? Instilling hopeless hope inside my bruised little heart? And Jesus ( oh yes people, I am calling the real one here XD) that leg-brushing and that teasing smile of hers are gonna kill me if I keep watching this vid XD I remember the awesome huddex thread we created before the premiere....we do use to have so much fun :D Anyway, I ll try to watch the eps today so I can say sth useful from time to time :P
I tried really hard to find that Video @Bea and I couldn't. But I did find this one.

@rrennie - Not "THE" Jesus!!!! LMAO Rennie if that vid gives you any one shot ideas it certainly will not hurt my feelings.
kiss
Hi huddies :-)) I’m jumping here just to say that I liked
@rrennie “My agony over losing Cuddy only gives me more empathy for House's agony. If WE feel like this - seeing this place without her, watching him do his usual antics without her - imagine how the character feels.”

and @bh “will be ever more poignant, if & when he will allow himself to find comfort there..let alone be again vulnerable in loving arms..not the sort who get payment for a "happy ending… Love can turn up when you least expect it”

and @tammy “I am afraid for him… he was afraid if they saw him they wouldn't want him… You can want it so much on the inside and just be so broken you don"t know how to reach on the outside… An apology doesn't take away pain and loss and when you can't deal with it or let it go you have to cover it up…”

Absolutely favourite line @tammy “or one that is standing on the front door of Cuddy's doorstep realizing she is was he needs and wants and figures out how to give it to her.”

@mysusp – welcome [h]ome. "Echo virus virus virus virus" was really fun XDDD

@huddycall – where are you?

@bea – dimmi pure

@bh - mulder and scully? Noooooooooo! I wish that medal so hardly XDD

Have a great day :-)))
 Hi huddies :-)) I’m jumping here just to say that I liked @rrennie “My agony over losing Cuddy o
@Fran2 - I don't want you to lose heart or stop posting cartoons. I know this season is trying our hearts a little. We are so anxious to see House's heart and not just his head. We are nearing the end of an era and must find more shows, threads, or things in common to stay in touch. I would miss you so much. You, BH, Bea, and mysuspicionis have been in my life for about one year and half. @rrennie came along and spiced it all up with her FF's and i would miss you ladies terribly. To think of a world with no @Huddycat or @huddycallianfan. Can't imagine it

We have an episode tonight and it should be funny. I am looking forward to them opening up a little more with H's personal life and reveal how his heart really is mending. "Patience is a virtue that as House fans we have come to learn and appreciate."

I want to hear more of what you guys think. We can say anything here. Hope everybody is doing well. Lobe you ladies.
heart
@rrennie - you are a poet!! Great :-)))

@tammy – You touched me. It’s a strange time, I'm trying so hard to stay in denial but it is hard because the end of season 7 and the abandonment of Lisa have hurt me. This, coupled with the process of mourning for the imminent end of House (but we are confident that this will be the last season?), is difficult to bear. Unfortunately this season, so far, is not so touching as the previous and perhaps all of us find it hard to find within ourselves the emotions that came so easily to the surface in past seasons. We demand that our House could again touch our souls, challenge our minds and break our hearts as he has done many times in the past. I'm just waiting for this, I want an explosion of emotions, I can not settle for less when it comes to House. You're right, "Patience Is A Virtue That as House fans as we have to learn and appreciate." So fingers crossed. I too have loved to stay here and chat with you all, it was ... actually ... it IS wonderful. We have shared so much, tears, laughter, thought, a great virtual family, comforting refuge. I do not like farewell, I prefer the "goodbye" and then you can feel sure that if there will be just the opportunity, I will continue to meet all of you in this house.

do you need my cartoons? They are coming ... because Huddy is a neverending Story

EDIT - I haven't watched the new ep yet
 @rrennie - u are a poet!! Great :-))) @tammy – u touched me. It’s a strange time, I'm trying
Dante's circles… Divine Comedy… limbo, purgatory, hell, paradise… It reminds you of something? No? Let me help you with a small summary of the previous Seasons

Seasons 1 – 2 – 3 – 4: We were waiting, in an artificial paradise… state of hallucination… among those who are in suspence…a limbo
 Dante's circles… Divine Comedy… limbo, purgatory, hell, paradise… It reminds u of something?
We, poor fools, at that time still believed in fairy tales
 We, poor fools, at that time still believed in fairy tales
who helped us to stay in this artificial paradise? Of course our favorite drug dealer…DS
 who helped us to stay in this artificial paradise? Of course our favoriete drug dealer…DS
End of season 5 and most of season 6: Hell
 End of season 5 and most of season 6: Hell
End of season 6: HEAVEN! But would it last?
 End of season 6: HEAVEN! But would it last?
Season 7: (half)Paradise …with the benefit of the doubt…
 Season 7: (half)Paradise …with the benefit of the doubt…
Then during most of season 7 they have tried to deceive us! But we are too smart ...
 Then during most of season 7 they have tried to deceive us! But we are too smart ...
Even House was demoralized…
 Even House was demoralized…
Who kidnapped our Cuddy?
 Who kidnapped our Cuddy?
End of season 7: HELL
 End of season 7: HELL
But in spite of everything we tried to take the best
 But in spite of everything we tried to take the best
Current situation: purgatory (until??) with good chance of ending up in hell
 Current situation: purgatory (until??) with good chance of ending up in hell
However, I am not repentant …
 However, I am not repentant …
wink
do not complain …Eternal Life is overrated
 do not complain …Eternal Life is overrated
@Fran2 - You are correct and again I guess talking with @lashao who is so very personable helped me to just relax and watch House for House. I am still a romantic and I hate the way they wrote it but I watched Bombshells until it didn't sting as bad. I probably watched it thirty times. Then I was mad and all the stages of grief and let it go. Writing the ff helped also. You create your own reality and then you learn to live in the reality they give you.

I identify with House. i get how much he wants a relationship but at the same time can't give himself to it. HE makes all the right steps, all the right confessions, but at the end of the day he keeps you at arm's length distance and I so badly want him to show me how not to do that. I don't know if he ever will or if I ever will.

Nevertheless I have to see it out. I do think they are setting things up and have room to evolve the characters a little more. I enjoyed all the character story lines last night. Chase as in contrast to Wilson. I believe Chase will play a part in a major storyline with House.

I think if you watch it with Cuddy not so much in mind you will see some things differently and maybe even where they are heading. This one will be more encouraging if you can watch it that way. It was a really good episode. And remember we never know what is going to happen. The final page has not been written nor has the book been closed.

Time marches on and time has a way of lightening the heart and opening up new perspectives.
 @Fran2 - u are correct and again I guess talking with @lashao who is so very personable helped me t
@rrennie “Well, I liked this episode a lot.”
I didn’t read your comment because I’ll watch the episode this evening ;-)

@tammy
I know, House and his journey has always been so true that each of us can identify himself with a small piece of this person. Each leg of the trip was significant at a deep level, a strong emotional experience, because it deals with universal themes and House leads us to ask ourselves the universal questions. At the same time, the moments of suffering, anguish and helplessness are the ones that trigger the projective identification because the sad passages of our lives remain longer and more often come to mind. It is a primitive defense mechanism and can become a resource as it has a great therapeutic value. For example, the value added of a television series like House (or a well-made films) is just that, it makes us think, allows us to see ourselves in a mirror, and then to attend several more consciously reclaim that piece we initially projected to the outside but have to be integrated again to let us build our new mental and emotional balance.
That said, the original House is a "left" and a symbiotic man seeking unconditional love (the kind of love that belongs only to the mothers), but during the seasons we have seen a shift. He was able to let go a little, leaving himself in a relationship, trust the woman he loved ("I do not trust HIM, I trust you"), to surrender, to become an adult and, paradoxically, for this reason he came out from dealing with broken bones. What went wrong? Cuddy. Because love is the ability to "stay in love" even when others disappoint or surprise us with their fragility and I can never forgive her (... of course I speak of the writers) to have debased the immensity of this affair, to have dismissed it with a pill of Vicodin swallowed in a moment of weakness.
For this reason I disagree with your reading, "but at the end of the day he Keeps you at arm's length distance", because in my opinion he was able to cut at least in part the barricades behind which he has always been perched. It was just the beginning, nothing is changed in a short time, small steps.
So "I know I badly want HIM to show me how not to do that. I do not know if he ever will or if I ever will. "... I'm sure you will darling because if you want and you will try, sooner or later you can get what you need. About House, he will if "they" give it to him. Rooting for House we do cheer for ourselves and because of that we can not resign ourselves to see him/us fail.
"The final page has not written nor has Been Been closed the Book."
This is a really comforting thought.
P.S. bring your friend back :-)
Because love is the ability to "stay in love" even when others disappoint or surprise us with their fragility and I can never forgive her (... of course I speak of the writers) to have debased the immensity of this affair, to have dismissed it with a pill of Vicodin swallowed in a moment of weakness.

So beautifully said and true. The thing I loved about Cuddy was she loved him in his fragility and walked him through his weaknesses and it was an immense betrayal to her character. IMO House was taking the "baby steps" to surrendering his trust and the opening of his heart.

@Rrennie - I absolutely think they are bringing her back. I was waiting on everyone to watch it. Will they reconcile? Could she forgive him? Time heals and bring clarity to all situations. We are so impatient at times and we want what we want when we want it. I am slow on the uptake in relationships so I lag behind a little. I get House with that. Can't give all too quickly.

@Rrennie - I am glad you liked it. Must I find another video for you to give me a one-shot?
een jaar geleden huddycat69 said…
@tam “or one that is standing on the front door of Cuddy's doorstep realizing she is was he needs and wants and figures out how to give it to her.”
it would be so... sad, and bittersweet. As @rrennie said I'd like to see House trying to "move on", to see him dealing with the pain caused by Cuddy's loss, I'd like to see him back at his piano playing Cuddy's serenade and remembering what it was to be with her and realizing what it is to be alone.

@rrennie wonderful poem about our Huddy

I think as Tam said that "it was an immense betrayal to her character". The Cuddy that House loved, the Cuddy that loved House for more than 20 years would have never given up on him so "easily", so quickly. The scene after he'd done the surgery on himself and was then waiting to undergo an operation and told her "I don't trust them, I trust you" was so heartwrenching, how could the Cuddy we all know and love stay "cold"? It seems to me that they already have decided to push her away and in order to make this decision accepted by fans to screw up her character, she was so OOC in some ep, I didn't recognize her.

I'd love to have her back but what I read wasn't very optimistic, maybe in season 9 if we get one.

It's good to have Chase and Taub -yes even Taub- back because Foreman is so boring, he never jokes.

@tam “or one that is standing on the front door of Cuddy's doorstep realizing she is was he needs a
cool
What??? I haven't read all the posts yet because I will save them after I play catch up. I am therefore very lost with the Jesus reference. Are we asking for producers heads on plates like John the Baptist? It looks like there are some great posts and even cartoon time with Fran. Looking forward to reading.
crying
"And I gotta say, I think they're bringing Cuddy back. When Wilson referenced her, I looked at my hubby and said, "They're bringing her back," and he replied, "They're totally bringing her back."

Goddamnit I hate you....now I'm gonna watch it. Fuck it. I can't watch the previous ones thou...can I? Should I? Why? I can't. I'm not ready...goddamnit @rrennie XD

Edit: "You create your own reality and then you learn to live in the reality they give you"

<3

PS "My hubs, however, doesn't think they'll end up together"

I just wnat her back and for them to give me some sort of real closure. Then if they leave it open to interpretation I'll go with "one day, they'll be together again cause they just can't be without e/o". Maybe not now or tomorrow. And very much likely I'll never watch them sharing a kiss again. But I'll make sure to live the dream on in my mind at least and picture it all, all over again, dotting it with the right details.
Faith. That's the only thing that might save me.

Damn I wish I was able to watch it...I have to try. I'm so stuck :(
heart
@Bea - You're not emotional now are you? @Rrennie you have earned a spot in @Bea's hall of emotions Bea you said you were going to watch it. Come on woman. I will watch it with you and you can yell at me (via meebo) all the way through it.

@Huddycat - Woman these pics that you create are just killing me. I adore you so much.

@Fran2 - CARTOONS? COMIC STRIPS? Hello. Do I need to throw myself down and throw a fit? Beat on the ground? Hold my breath? anything working yet?

@mysuspicionis - I am guessing the Jesus reference is RR. Not positive.

@bea – be not afraid! Watch the episodes baby and let Jesus alone XDDDD
@mysusp – come on girl watch the ep you too :-))
@huddycat – amazing pic, as always :-))) you’re talented
@tammy “CARTOONS? COMIC STRIPS? Hello. Do I need to throw myself down and throw a fit? Beat on the ground? Hold my breath? anything working yet?”
Oh dear what do you mean? (sorry, I am slow on the uptake)

I liked Confession a lot, I'd really need a little levity. This episode was almost perfect and I liked all the characters. Running the risk of being unpopular I want to declare again my passion for Taub…and the Taubettes XDDDD
Jokes aside, my feeling is that our doctor in the first part of the season is looking at all the ways to return to the status quo, a kind of self assurance, almost restoring the illusion that his territory is likely to be sufficient to go on. Symbolically we have seen so far that he is working on the front of the “House”, cooling the walls, restoring the premises, caulking the holes left by old paintings. I hope that soon he will be forced to deal with structural damage: if the heating does not work he shall suffer the cold.
And what happened to the sexual tension? It went off with Cuddy. Sorry but I'm not ready to see House who, for the next episodes, will be lowered to touch the Foreman’s
ass. Have mercy XDDDD

@rrennie - your comments are too funny XD
Anyway why do you think Cuddy might come back? please do not deceive me O_o Tell me what your hypothesis is based. I feel so carried to the illusions… just a little grip to begin to fly again ;-))
 @bea – be not afraid! Watch the episodes baby and let Jesus alone XDDDD @mysusp – come on girl wa
mischievous
Official statement: I'm watching tonight....three eps in a row...are you happy now?!?!?!

Goddamnit you all...I like hanging around you too much, really. I miss discussing the eps. I miss the fun. I miss Hugh. I miss House.
And don't let me even go to what else I miss.

I'll get back at you one day for this XD

Good I miss the guitar...did they bring back the leather jacket? I want it so badly on him...oh wait! Nah...the less, the better :P
 Official statement: I'm watching tonight....three eps in a row...are u happy now?!?!?! Goddamnit y
heart
Catching up a little...

Wow..your poem back there was delicious @rennie! A+ with a star!
@tammy, Side note: Remember our Dr. Suess phase on Huddy Fanfic Forum? We couldn't stop rhyming for days, you were the best!

@fran, Yippie! Thanks for the “major cartoon fix!” LMaO! Amazing, this specialized skill of yours, telling quite a story with progression of cartoons, “Fran..Never End The Story!”

IDK, about odds of Cuddy really returning. I DO KNOW that I MISS CUDDY & her E-N-E-R-G-Y!! The way party pants ran circles around that hospital, like nobody could keep up with her zippiness.
Now, the pace or timing of the show feels much slower to me..without her popping up..grabbing for the elevator door, her lively gestures. The delivery of lines at present seems more one dimensional. However, I realize they are "building."

Who made that word up? “Taubettes,” kisses, that’s precious!
Seems like Taub had kids AND a hair transplant, he looked less bald to me.
IMHO, his unconditional love for those BEAUTIFUL babies may finally give him strength of mind..to battle his self-confessed weakness(es).

@hudcat’s Cuddy pic, :( :(.. I LOVE that. Great comments too girl!
Everyone here is so talented in their own way! :))

@bea..Thanks for our guitar hero pic! Now, make some "popcorns," and watch those episodes, have fun! I'm not quite "into" this season..like I'm watching from a distance. We'll see.

I’ll catch up more girls..later...meanwhile, this pic is for the dog lovers among us, as it relates in a “far-fetched” way to the episodes title, “Confessions.”
 Catching up a little... Wow..your poem back there was delicious @rennie! A+ with a star! @tammy, S
@bea “three eps in a row...are you happy now?!?!?!”
Did you survive? XDDD

@bh – the word “Taubettes” belongs to House XDDD and it seems like he was a hair-donor…the hair that he has lost this season have been glued on Taub’s head (HL will be happy to be no longer subject himself to the hair restyling torture ;-) )
I agree “they are building” so I choose to share a little faith.
The far-fetched dog is amazing XD
 @bea “three eps in a row...are u happy now?!?!?!” Did u survive? XDDD @bh – the word “Ta