Human Rights HRAM Fanpop Poetry Contest and Scavenger Hunt

Cinders posted on Oct 19, 2009 at 06:12AM
I've decided on the two main "contests" I wanted to play with you folks this year.

The first is pretty self-explanatory, and will be very similar to the link of last January, except for the fact that the theme will be HUMAN RIGHTS.

The second may take a little bit more explaining. You may know what a scavenger hunt is, but are baffled as to how it would play out on Fanpop, or indeed, how it relates to Human Rights. Well, let me tell you, friends, that there are several spots on Fanpop with some association with human rights that I want you to explore.

I will be dropping clues in these spots that YOU will have to find. The first clue will lead to the second, the second to the third, and so on, until you reach the end of the trail!

But wait-- "What if I stumble on the last clue without having gone through all the others?" you may ask. Like any good scavenger hunt, you need to collect things on the way. When you reach the end of the scavenger hunt, you can message me and list a certain number of facts that you learned from the clues to prove that you played the game and didn't cheat.

The first three people to message me with the right combination of facts will win a prize yet to be determined. Although, if you're lucky, it might look something like link.

ANYWAYS, that won't happen until December. The poetry contest will begin in November, and the winners will be announced on December 10th, which is International Human Rights Day. The scavenger hunt will begin on December 1st and continue until everyone is finished. I'm toying the idea of putting a new clue up everyday, just so it isn't over too quickly and makes it more of a race.

I need helpers for both the scavenger hunt and the poetry contest. The poetry contest will require at least three judges to narrow down the entries into their five favorites. If you're a judge, you cannot contribute any poetry to the contest. However, if you are a member of the scavenger hunt staff, you MIGHT still be able to partake in the race, depending upon your job.

If interested in either of these things, please message me privately ESPECIALLY if interested in the scavenger hunt, because I'll need some staff members to be a secret to the rest of the community (I'll explain why when you volunteer).

Thanks so much, guys, let's make this year great!

Human Rights No antwoorden