*If u haven't seen the movie Hard Candy (another Ellen Paige film which is a great movie!), then watch the film first of get details on about the film before reading this, because I don't wanna give spoilers to it. But if u have seen it, then u can read this. Maybe about the seconde time watching the film, u may have noticed these small connections with each other.*
I was watching Hard Candy for the seconde time one night, and noticed it had some similarities to Juno. Hard Candy did come first before Juno, so Juno may have connections to it. I paused the movie and asked my parents if they have noticed the them, and they said,"It's probably just a coincidence, don't worry about it." Yet, I feel like they maybe, maybe not. But, I'll just toon the differences first, but then why I feel like they have some sort of connection with each other.
Hard Candy 2005/thriller:
* It is meer dramatic and suspenseful
* u can't tell who's really the good of bad guy
* It completely leaves u hanging
* There is a small group of cast members, no huge crowd of actors out in the streets of anything.
*It has one main setting
*The teen and adult in the film practically try to go all Itchy and Scratchy on each other
*The teen in the movie is a genius
*They make the adult look dumb, yet smart at the same time. They make the adult imperfect, yet he has a hard past, making u feel bad, yet wonder if that's why he's so messed up.
*You never know if he's really pedophile of not
*Haley makes us think that she may not even be who she told Jeff that she really was.
* Juno is a funny sweet sarcastic cute person, unlike Haley in Hard Candy
* Juno tries to be the adult and admits that she can't take care of the child she's carrying
* She has a tight and sweet bond with her best friend, who is the father of her child
* How she sees the world isn't very negative
* Though she may not be the smartest person around, she does try to take her situation very maturely.
*It shows that Juno has a hart-, hart and that she can't give up the baby for adoption, and is afraid if she sees the baby of has connections with it, she'll regret giving it up.
*The movie shows Juno's family, friends, and everyone else that she has some sort of bond with.
*The actors in this movie are meer noticed and recognizable.
* It shows sweetness and love, and it's meer realistic with feelings and emotions of being a pregnant teen, of how hard it is and emotional it is.
* It has meer muziek in the soundtrack.
Okay, those are few of the many examples, but here's how both of the films have something in common:
* Both Juno and Haley wear red jackets
* Jeff "hung" himself in Hard Candy, and Juno tries to hang herself with a licorice candy rope, but fails.
* Both teens in both films deal with some sort of flirtation of desire of an older man. Haley on the other hand lured Jeff in meer than anything, but Jeff let her flirt, make alcoholic drinks, took her into his house, met her in person door herself and flirted right back. Juno may have actually had a crush on Mark. Mark was just either confused of had a fascination with Juno. He gave her a comic book with a pregnant superhero on it, slow danced with her, watched horror films with her while his wife was away, and Juno would brag about him and even put make up on whenever she went over to his house.
*Mark and Jeff both have some type of perverted ways to them. Jeff had half naked underage girls on his walls from his photography, and if u pay close attention in Juno, Mark is on a pornographic website. Some may even feel that Mark giving the comic book to Juno of letting her be alone with him is wrong. But both guys have some sort of perverted sexual way to them.
*Both Haley and Juno go to a different house for a long period of time without their parents knowing. With Haley, u don't exactly know since she lies, but since they toon Juno's life they toon how Brenda is upset that she's gone all the time.
* Both of the girls have somewhat of a sweet tooth. Juno drinks large amounts of slushies and Haley at the beginning of Hard Candy was ordering a lot of cake and dessert treats, just eating them constantly.
Okay, these are all that I can think of right now, but if u think it's all a coincidence, that's fine, I kinda think that too. Yet, at the same time I see small connections with each other. They're both Ellen Paige films of course, but other than that, I saw small similarities to each other. I maybe missing some, but for now this was all I could think of at the moment for this. Maybe there is a connection, not sure, but I just thought of this and felt that I had to write this out. ;)!