Leyton Family<3 New Song Contest !

marakii posted on Jun 28, 2014 at 01:21PM
You guys agreed that you wanted to do this so here we are :D ,you can find all the details link .
JUST REMEMBER.
- follow the theme
- post a song from your mother tongue (if your mother tongue is english then obviously you use an english song xP)
- translate some of the lyrics or/and write down the "soryline" of the songs.

1st theme
CHILDHOOD MEMORIES / CHILDREN
last edited on Jun 28, 2014 at 01:22PM
save

Leyton Family<3 12 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden 123Naki456 said…
Does it have to be children's song or just some song that reminds me of childhood?
een jaar geleden marakii said…
^ One that reminds you of your childhood but more preferably the song must have this childhood nostalgy (memories) in it ,maybe a lyric or something for example Adele's lovesong has the lyric whenever i'm alone with you ,you make my feel like i am young again . If the theme is too weid I shall change it :p
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden Nicolas97 said…
WELL I WANTED TO USE A SONG I USED THE SONG THAT WAS MY FAVORITE WHEN I WAS A CHILD BUT MARIA SAID IT HAS TO BE A SONG THAT TALKS ABOUT CHILDHOOD NOSTALGY, NOT A RANDOM SONG THAT REMINDS ME OF MY CHILDHOOD :( Stupid rules :(

Anyway, I hate my country's songs about nostalgy because I find all ridiculous but this one is funny <3
It was in Eurovision a long long time ago! It talks about 4 people that remind their childhood glory days when they were together and singing! And the refrain actually consists of stupid words that don't make any sense if you don't know piano :P

link]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW54iRBPD­uc]­lin­k[/­url­][/­url­]
that don't make any sense if you don't know piano
the weird things that don't make sense are called solfege :p
een jaar geleden Nicolas97 said…
forget what I said!!!! I FOUND THE PERFECT ONE <3333
It's from my favorite Greek singer :D

link

The song focuses on a woman that remembers the time she was young and in love. She talks about the parties she and the gang went, what they were eating, drinking, dancing, doing, what political parties they chose as young adults and in general it gives the 80's teenager vibes, aka the thing that makes me nostalgic <33333

I'll translate a lyric that fits the theme!

The good guys never go back to these years, now my love, my sad eagle, we are flowers in the fields of time...
I know it doesn't make much sense because it uses metaphorical language during all the song!
een jaar geleden unicornsrreal said…
This was my childhood song, along with Britney songs and things like Agadoo;
link
It's simply a song about Barbie haha :') SO CATCHY
een jaar geleden xoheartinohioxo said…
Idk if I'm understanding this right because I'm a slow-brained person... but uhhh this song WAS my childhood!

link
een jaar geleden tvdlover said…
MY childhood song. :D
link If the link doesn't work just YouTube "Andy Tehran" is the first one that comes! :D

I'll translate later.
een jaar geleden Sakkara98 said…
Well,this song doesn't remind me my childhood,cause I've never listened to French songs,but this song deals with memories and nostalgia,and it's a good song :
Mon Amie La Rose :
link

Some lyrics :

We are just a little
And my friend the rose
Told me this morning
At dawn I was born
Blessed by dew
I bloomed
Happy and in love
In the sun lights
I closed myself at night
Woke up old
een jaar geleden 123Naki456 said…
I love this song so much. It doesn't really deal with nostalgia but I couldn't think of the one that did.

link

Some lyrics translation:

And I gave my whole life to her, I gave only to her
but she didn't understand me
and if she wanted to
she would return it to me again

And after all of that,
I don't give up,
but I can't do it anymore,
my power's running out
link
it's also from my favorite singer <3.

it starts talking about a game we have here in which you need to stay "still" and if you laugh ,talk or move in general you lose ,so here the little boy moved his body because he was affected by a girl's laughter and he lost .

&& refrain (about that little boy having grow up)
even if i grew up
and i have fought with my life
if you came here ,i would be lost
lost in your eyes and i would
feel like a child again
een jaar geleden AdeTiffSan said…
So this song is THE perfect song <33
So it's not a song I used to listen to when I was a young child but this song is all about childhood. And it's one of my favorite song <3

So here is the link :
link

Let me precise that the song is translated on the video so that's a perfect way to listen AND see the lyrics at the same time.

Now about the song, here what it is about :
First "mistral gagnant' is a candy we used to have in France, maybe somewhere else I don't know but you can't find anymore. So the singer evokes the blast he had when he was a kid, and talks about the time that went on but whose never coming back. It's about your childhood memories (whether these are good or bad memories). He misses this period of his life, he's full of nostalgia. He wish he was a child again to be with his family and because he thinks childhood is the period of your life where you are the most happy because you are full of insouciance. So he kinds of say here that growing up is opening your eyes and discovering what's life and for this childhood is the best period of your life because you ignore what's life.

I hope that was clear and good enough for you to understand. You still can hear the 'Coeur de Pirate' version if you want, it's recent. And by the way, Maria I'm gonna tell that again, I love the idea !!