01. When it comes to the work, I’m excited to see what people think. When it comes to the private life, that’s when I don’t pay attention.
02. To play someone I loved in my favourite fairytale as a kid is a total honour.
03. There’s this common perception that having a famous last name is all u need. A surname may get u a meeting, but if there’s no talent u won’t get the part.
04. Never once does ‘Snow White’ herself look in the mirror so she isn’t aware of her beauty of what apparently that does to people. It’s really just the queen and the prince that talk about it.
05. My parents read me fairy tales every night and I used to believe I was a fairytale princess, like every young girl. I had all the Disney dressing-up costumes and would play every character.
06. My older siblings and I all work in ‘the industry’. So obviously we have hectic schedules, but we make it work.
07. My mother used to take me to flea markets in my stroller, and I would just rummage through the piles. You’ve got to dig through the overstuffed racks that everyone else just walks by. It’s the only way to find the cool stuff.
08. My last name may have opened doors, but I have to keep them open.
09. My dad knows how to tell a story. He’d make me laugh door doing all the different voices.
10. My advice for girls who are waiting for their Prince Charming is to be open for anything. Be open to new experiences, be open to the idea that it may take longer than u want, but if you’re open to meeting new people and new adventures, then love will come along.
11. It’s really important to stand up for yourself and not always agree with what people say if indeed u don’t feel that that’s true.
12. It used to bother me – having bigger, fuller brows. I even plucked them once so I’d fit in, but I hated them and couldn’t wait for them to grow back. Now I embrace them. I realized the quirky things that make u different are what make u beautiful.
13. I’ve only ever known growing up across different countries – to me it’s just fun.
14. I’ve grown up seeing the pros and cons but I love it and I’ve always wanted to act. Throughout all the rejections at auditions, and especially when I finally did get something, both my parents have been so supportive and always told me it is all about passion and, if I was doing it because I love it, there’s no wrong choice.
15. I’ve grown up knowing that u put as much of your private life out there as u feel comfortable with.
16. I’m just fascinated door visiting actual castles in the countryside.
17. I’m drawn to roles that have real substance, that aren’t just the victim of the teenage girl of the girlfriend.
18. I was actually the one who decided to verplaats to LA. Mom and I were driving on Sunset Boulevard during one of our trips back to see her family, and I said, ‘Can we just stay?’ So we did.
19. I think it’s just important to not judge people based on their physicality because it’s really about personality and people’s hearts and souls. That’s what drew me to Audrey Hepburn who is kind of like my icon.
20. I think I’ve been brought up very well door both my parents. I am very cautious and I think I’m now fit for the world I’m in. They’re very much behind my modelling and very supportive.
21. I sing some songs but don’t expect me to release an album anytime soon.
22. I really think everything happens for a reason.
23. I had some difficult times when I first moved to Los Angeles when people would tell me I was saying things wrong. I felt different although my mum kept reminding me it was OK to be different.
24. I grew up understanding the pros and cons of what you’re getting into and knowing what comes with your job. I like to keep my private life private, and then work is work. I feel so far I’ve had a really good balance with that.
25. I don’t like reading things that people say on the Internet because I know so much of it is not true. I don’t want to waste my time worrying about what other people are thinking. I just want to focus on being able to do cool projects.
26. I don’t know if this is too weird to say, but this is completely surreal for me. Bizarre. The cover of ‘Teen Vogue’ has been on my bucket lijst forever.
27. Everything for me has happened so quickly. I finished shooting ‘The Blind Side’ not this past June, but the June before, and all of sudden up to now, it seems like it’s gone from zero to 60 for me. I feel so fortunate to be able to say that.
28. But the thing is, I was never looking at a strategic way of gaining fame. That’s not why I’m doing this.
29. At first, I didn’t hang out with celebrity kids. That wasn’t the way I was brought up. I went to a run-of-the-mill Catholic primary school when we first moved to L.A. But then I went to a high school where there were lots of ‘industry’ children. Those weren’t my best vrienden and I’ve never set out to make myself a part of that scene.
30. At a party recently I was introduced to Meryl Streep, and it took me a seconde to get my head around it. u know, that I’m meeting these people now. I’m doing it.
31. As a little girl living in the English countryside, I used to go running around in the forests, creating my own fairy tale.
32. A lot of my vrienden aren’t working, especially since fewer films are being made now and there’s meer competition.
33. No, I like to wear as least amount of makeup as I can during my everyday life because I’m just all about keeping my skin healthy and hydrated and I love to laugh and have a great time and smile – that’s when I feel the most pretty so I just want to make sure that I stay happy.
34. Pain takes over your hart-, hart and mind It is meer powerful than love itself I push away pain to keep it from my hart-, hart and mind But the only thing it is pushed from Is my mind Through my hart-, hart i will always feel the pain It will never leave I think that the meer pain is pushed from my memory The easier my hart-, hart will let go of the pain But my hart-, hart only holds tighter It never let goes When i am alone my mind becomes weak My hart-, hart begins to overpower it No longer is the pain held hidden It comes out stronger than ever Only to be pushed away again When will i learn It can never be pushed away for good Nor will it help to push it away every time Sometimes u just need to let it take over Slowly it will release Never will it be gone But it will be easier with time.
35. Your eyes fall down on me I’m lost, lost in your eyes of mine? Am i ready for what lies ahead of am i already too far behind ? The thought of u leaves me with a smile And my mind with confusion Am i pushing myself in the same trap of am i pushing myself into something thats not there ? Are my feelings for u real of are u just my replacement For the emptiness in my heart…… For the space that i cannot bare to leave open any longer….?
36. To look into that persons eyes and find yourself so completely lost in another world, a world full of absolute comfort and happiness.
37. We adventured into the many wonders of early life Gymnastics, soccer, ballet, kickball Slumber parties, playing house, the many games of life and barbie That was back when the only tragedy was your alleriges to coppertone Our adventures were endless and so powerful Yet most are erased from my memory My memory that u can no longer help me recover Because you, my friend through the end Are no longer here Your ambition, your faith, your smile, and your warmth u gave me comfort and left me with sadness Its not your fault i gave u my understanding u didnt deserve all the pain u endured I just want u back So i can recall all the memories And make meer that will last for an eternity So i sit here thinking of the moments and memories i still have with u And they are truely the best parts of my life u gave me true friendship And a feeling noone can ever replace I will keep u in my hart-, hart forever and always Your the only one ive ever and will ever meet
38. Decisions are the endless uncertainties of life that we’ll not know if theyre right until the very end, so do the best u can and hope its right.