Lord of the Rings Reccommendations, anyone?

i_luv_angst posted on Jan 11, 2009 at 04:00AM
I was just wondering if anyone has seen any good LOTRish movies lately....ya know, the swords-and-sorcery type of thing? I know there's got to be more good ones out there, but I can't seem to find them. I was asking some of my friends what some good movies are, but all they say is "watch Twilight, watch Twilight" (something I am most definitely not going to do) So I was about to give up hope when I thought to myself "Anyone with good enough taste to like LOTR has got to know of other good movies!" So if you've seen any good movies with intense sword fights like LOTR, Prince Caspian, Gladiator, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Princess Bride, or Master and Commander (with not too much emphasis on romance) please let me know!
And sorry if I spelled 'reccommendations' wrong....I'm never sure if it has one C or two...
last edited on Jan 11, 2009 at 04:04AM

Lord of the Rings 6 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden SpunkyOne said…
smile
I don't believe anything will ever be as good as LOTR, although some do come close
een jaar geleden SpunkyOne said…
Oops! Sorry I pressed the button and it posted before I was finished. Anyway a movie that I took out a little while ago was "In The Name of the King". If I look at the reviews a lot of people didn't like this movie but I have to admit I did like it although definately not up to LOTR standards and it does have the LOTR flavour to it. The same can be said with Eragon, I loved the movie and yet a lot of people didn't. I guess its up to each ones tastes.
een jaar geleden Mallory101 said…
smile
Ya i agree i dont think there is any movies as great as LOTR but Harry Potter is a bit not much tho it would be awesome if they had sword play in it but yes i have seen movies with alot of sword play....Pirates of the Caribbean but i dont know any movie as awesome as Lord of the Rings!
een jaar geleden i_luv_angst said…
big smile
Yes, I don't believe any movie will ever beat LotR, but I'd still like to find some good ones to watch.....unfortunately, I've already seen Harry Potter (decent), PotC (good), and Eragon (yuck!), but I'll check into "In the Name of the King". Thanks for the help!
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden alexapetrelli said…
big smile
I totally agree with you guys!
LOTR is totally and will [hopefully] be the most successful trilogy around for atleast the next....1000years ^_^

Eragon and Narnia remind of LOTR, in the way they fight and how the creatures are the same, but no way near as good!
een jaar geleden i_luv_angst said…
wink
More likely the next 1,000,000,000,000 years....