Merlin on BBC Major 4x13 spoilers

mereditlady posted on Nov 29, 2011 at 12:10AM
I worked on the show during series 4. After reading a mix of comments about the weekend’s episode, I want to comfort some people’s fears. Gwen is not gone for good, she comes back in episode 11, and marries Arthur in the final episode of the current series. I doubt anyone else from the show comes here so I don’t feel uncomfortable breaking my contract to give away the final scenes of the series. I hope anyone with doubts about the show sticks with it. Lancelot IS dead this time, but there is a lot of epic stuff ahead, going into next series and maybe even beyond, I hear.

Series 4 ends with Helios, a new character, and Agravaine betraying Morgana after they help her take Camelot. While Arthur fights and kills Helios in the council chambers, Agravaine stabs Morgana in the back and she manages to get him in the chest. Arthur, Gwen, Merlin, Isolde and Tristan watch as Morgana says with her last breath that all she wanted was for those like her to be able to live in peace. As their first act after their wedding, Arthur and Gwen vow to make changes to the banishment of magic.

The last scene of the episode is actually four different scenes. The crowning of Queen Gwen by King Arthur. Morgana wakes in Avalon, told by the new sidhe elders that it was her destiny to return the old ways and she did: Magic will no longer be banned. They tell her she has a greater purpose now: To become the Queen of Avalon. But her test to prove she is worthy will be to seek out those she wronged and find their forgiveness, though she will be tempted not to along the way. The scene ends with Morgana waking up on and gasping “Mordred!” as someone comes up to her to help her up. Arthur enters his chambers to find Merlin waiting. Merlin takes a long, seemingly endless moment and then recites a spell, a flame burning in his hand. Arthur reacts with shock and the familiar “Merlin will return” hits the screen.

Series 5 will be set many years later, using flashbacks throughout to explain how things became as they did. All the cast will be back, with Miranda and Ben joining as regulars.
last edited on Nov 29, 2011 at 09:35AM

Merlin on BBC 37 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...