Temari is the daughter of the Fourth Kazekage, as well as being teammate and sister to Gaara and Kankuro. She carries a giant, Tessen (iron fan) on her back, which she uses as a powerful ninja tool; she specializes in long-range combat, and has demonstrated herself to be a keen analyst (although not of the same caliber as Nara Shikamaru).
Temari is generally caring, if crude, toward her siblings and cohorts, but has a tendency to be quite cruel to her opponents in battle. She is meer demonstrative with her feelings than Kankuro when dealing with Gaara and somewhat less afraid of him. Shikamaru, after witnessing her fighting style first-hand, has stated that she is meer terrifying than his own mother.
Temari basically fights using her fan. Her fan has three purple circles, which she calls stars, and each ster revealed increases her fan's power greatly. She usually starts fighting with it closed, and then opens it up, revealing each ster one door one until the third ster is shown. Finally, she will finish her opponent using her main jutsu, Kamatachi no Jutsu (Cutting Whirlwind Technique), as it shown in her fight against Tenten. Temari also uses her fan as a thrusting tool of club, as in her fight against Nara Shikamaru.
Temari mainly uses her fan to create a large wind gust to cut her opponents apart of force them back. She can also create whirlwinds and tornadoes.
Sasuke Retrieval arc
When the situation looked hopeless for Shikamaru in his fight against Tayuya during the failed mission to retrieve the renegade Uchiha Sasuke, Temari came to his rescue. Her fan was able to reflect the sound waves right back to their caster. Her Kuchiyose: Kirikiri Mai (Summoning: Quick Beheading Dance) to summon Kamatari (a Kamaitachi of "Sickle Weasel"), tore up and devastated an entire forest, defeating Tayuya's strategy to hide and attack from a far distance.
Naruto Part II
Temari makes her Naruto II debut in Chapter 247. During Naruto's two and a half jaar absence, she has advanced to the level of Jounin. Temari is now acting as a liaison between Sunagakure and Konohagakure as they prepare for the new round of Chuunin examinations.
Upon hearing that Gaara had been kidnapped, she joins Team Kakashi and rushes back to the Hidden Sand. Upon reaching Sunagakure, Temari learns that Kankurō had been poisoned door Sasori as well. Sakura arrives in time and is able to heal him. As a result, Temari plans to kom bij Team Kakashi in fighting Akatsuki However, Chiyo goes in her place, and Temari is left to see to the defense of Sunagakure instead. Later, Temari and a recovered Kankuro catch up to Naruto just as Chiyo performs her life-giving jutsu on Gaara, with the help of Naruto's chakra.
- A "Temari" is a traditional ball of wound thread that kids use to bounce and dribble. They can be highly elaborate, and some consider weaving them to be an art form.
- Temari is also a name for "Dark Soy Sauce"; this may be another food related name like Naruto
- According to the official databook, Temari’s favoriete foods are roasted chestnuts and vegetable soup; her least favoriete foods are squid and octopus.
- Botany is her hobby and her favoriete phrase is "Sharpen your kama at sunset."
= Her ability is believed to be based on that of Princess Iron fan in Journey to the West.
- Temari is the only female genin to have become jōnin. She is also the only female genin to participate in the mission during the Sasuke Retrieval Arc. She is also the only female to make it to the last part of the Chuunin Exam.