So, what do you think will happen in the third film, "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End"? There's a bogus script making the rounds (I haven't bothered to read it, since Terry and Terry have identified it as a fake), but what do you think will happen?
* the remaining crew will get a new ship with Barbossa
* they will sail to the South China Sea and Singapore
* they will be waylaid by local pirates in the South China Sea, led by Captain Sao Feng (Chow Yun-Fat - whoo-hoo!)
* there will be some tension, but Elizabeth will choose Will in the end
* they will deal with some ancient Chinese magic to restore their fortunes
* Barbossa will redeem himself by being instrumental in Captain Sparrow's rescue
* Beckett will control the oceans through Davy Jones, which will lead to a huge combat of fleets
* Will will defeat Davy Jones, stabbing his heart with his dad's knife
* Elizabeth (or her dad?) will defeat Norrington
* Captain Sparrow will bring about Beckett's demise (possibly before Will defeats Davy)
I also think that either they will find Captain Sparrow whole in the belly of the Kraken, or they will travel to the underworld/land of the dead to recover him...I can't decide which I find more likely. If I knew the ride better I'd probably have some better predictions, since both "Curse" and "Dead Man's Chest" had copious references to the ride.