Pirates of the Caribbean Third film conjecture

harold posted on Jan 03, 2007 at 09:21PM
So, what do you think will happen in the third film, "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End"? There's a bogus script making the rounds (I haven't bothered to read it, since Terry and Terry have identified it as a fake), but what do you think will happen?

I guess:
* the remaining crew will get a new ship with Barbossa
* they will sail to the South China Sea and Singapore
* they will be waylaid by local pirates in the South China Sea, led by Captain Sao Feng (Chow Yun-Fat - whoo-hoo!)
* there will be some tension, but Elizabeth will choose Will in the end
* they will deal with some ancient Chinese magic to restore their fortunes
* Barbossa will redeem himself by being instrumental in Captain Sparrow's rescue
* Beckett will control the oceans through Davy Jones, which will lead to a huge combat of fleets
* Will will defeat Davy Jones, stabbing his heart with his dad's knife
* Elizabeth (or her dad?) will defeat Norrington
* Captain Sparrow will bring about Beckett's demise (possibly before Will defeats Davy)

I also think that either they will find Captain Sparrow whole in the belly of the Kraken, or they will travel to the underworld/land of the dead to recover him...I can't decide which I find more likely. If I knew the ride better I'd probably have some better predictions, since both "Curse" and "Dead Man's Chest" had copious references to the ride.
last edited on Jan 03, 2007 at 09:29PM

Pirates of the Caribbean 4 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden cartoonaholic said…
Wow, I hope they go to Asia like you suggest, that would be a fantastic twist for the series and add some cool new exotic elements.

How about a Singaporean piratess for Sparrow (which would also help resolve the love triangle with Lizbeth).
een jaar geleden hyperhobbit07 said…
I know that Jack's dad has a part in it... so that will play a part in the movie....
een jaar geleden sammi10356 said…
Im guessing that the crew will travel to the World's End/Davy Jones locker and rescue Jack. Of course he's not going to exactly be thrilled to see Barbossa coming to his aid though. Will and Elizabeth will in fact get married, but I doubt they will live happily ever after. He made a vow to not abandon his father, and would not rest till his blade pierces Davy Jones's heart, and if he were to do that very thing, then he may have to become the Capt. of the Flying Dutchman. So Elizabeth/Will fairtytale ending? Im guessing not. Nor do I think Jack and Liz will get together, which seems to be the main topic around lately. Elizabeth may end up also sacrificing herself to Calypso (Goddess of the Sea). There are so many excellant theories and internet chatter out here about the much anticipated upcoming movie and the demise of Jack, Will, and Liz. Most of them in fact are rather interesting and believable plot lines. I personally hope they will keep the three together in the end.
een jaar geleden dave said…
Chow Yun-Fat also has a role in the movie as a pirate at the end of the world. That should be interesting.