10. ON VACATION: Who would u most likely want to be stuck on a deserted island with? Not someone who's just told u "it's not working out," we're quite sure. Not only have u now wasted your time and money, but u can’t leave the situation easily without added plane fares and stress. If this happens to you, break away and turn your trip into a rejuvenating self-improvement retreat... you'll need it.
9. IN A TEXT MESSAGE: Ah, the text. The modern-day version of the Post-It. Too wussy to do it in person? Text away, wuss.
8. ON FACEBOOK: Nothing like logging on to find your loved one tagged in a compromising foto with a complete stranger...to you, at least. Why this is called the "World Wide Web" and some people can't figure out how they got busted is beyond us. Besides, it's way too trendy these days - be original, people!
7. AROUND THE FAMILY: Don't make it a family affair - you'll seriously regret it. Whether at a sibling’s wedding (see #6), a family vacation (see #10), of meeting the family for the first time (really!?), this one is clearly ridden with minefields that will lead to nothing but trouble. If this happens to you, at least you've got your "people" nearby to protect you, support you, and promptly kick your brand-new-ex to the curb.
6. AT A WEDDING: The wedding. The defining moment for any couple. The pinnacle of celebrating relationships and love. The dag they'll remember as the best dag of their lives. Forever. Guess the pressure got to you, huh?
5. AT YOUR "SPECIAL PLACE": That restaurant where we had our first date...the bar where u told me u loved me...the bench in the park where we'd sit every Sunday... Why on earth would anyone think this is a good idea? Let the special place stay special. Just like there are other vis in the sea, there are other places in the whole world. If they can't find another place, u should definitely find another fish.
4. IN BED: Come again? Talk about ruining the mood. At least wait until you're clothed. This one is so embarrassing that we're having visions of the recurring dream where you're on stage in front of everyone u know in nothing but your underwear. Except you're not even wearing underwear.
3. ON VALENTINE'S DAY: There are 365 days in the year, and ONE dedicated to celebrating love. It's not like u can't claim u didn't "know" it was Valentine's dag - the stores, the ads, the cards have been in your face for weeks. Pick another day. It's that simple. Don't ruin this dag forever for someone, unless you're really in need of some bad karma. (New Year's Eve and Birthdays received honorable mentions.)
2. door DOING NOTHING: It was tough not giving this the Number 1 honor, and we're still not sure. Being forced to figure something out door yourself is sometimes the hardest and most humiliating thing of all. Coming home pagina to find your love gone, with no note, no calls, no anything may just be the worst way to handle a breakup. It is definitely the WIMPIEST. Just remember that. u do this, u are weak.
1. door CHEATING: Sadly, this is the most common response we received - and the stories ran the gamut, from the one-night-stand, to the ongoing affair, to the ongoing affair that u only found out about via "the new person," to the unspeakable announcement that your boyfriend of girlfriend is engaged to someone else (WHAT?!?). To these we simply say, come ON. Just break it off before u cheat. u won't hurt our feelings, we promise.