Stand-up Comedy Sensitive women of bad joke

GrandpaPatrick posted on Sep 22, 2017 at 05:01PM
Hi everyone,
This is my first time here. I am not a stand up comedian and I'm not trying to be. I have been feeling bad lately and I thought I would try to get some laughs on a rock tumbler hobby forum that I belong to. Maybe now you can guess why I have been feeling a little low lately.

Anyway I started doing a kind of flow of conscious thing where I said I was feeling lonely and that I was starting to think of my tumbler as a woman and I even gave her a name, "Cylindria." (see photo)

Anyway I commented that I thought I was falling in love with her
was pregnant with my rocks in her belly. In the process of telling the story I mentioned that I loved her color. (black) and I said, "And you know what they say about black, you just can't go back." Which I always thought was a compliment and
I have seen both men and women, black and white say it on TV, but a lady from
Virginia was offended, both because she thought it would offend both women and
black people. Is it? After all I was talking about a cylinder made out of black rubber!
I had created an avatar that was an old white man. That is what I am by the way.

Anyway, is the expression innately offensive or is it because I was white and/or a man. If I had created an avatar as a black woman do you think she would have been equally as offended?

Remember...1. I'm a newbie here and 2. I am really sensitive to being bullied. Seriously.

Warmly,

Grandpa Patrick
 Hi everyone, This is my first time here. I am not a stand up comedian and I'm not trying to be. I

Stand-up Comedy No antwoorden