The Hunger Games MOCKINGJAY forum

XxIsabellaxX posted on Sep 04, 2010 at 11:42PM
THIS IS A FORUM WHERE YOU CAN WRITE ALL YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT THE BOOK MOCKINGJAY!

The Hunger Games 1050 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 951-1000 of 1050

een jaar geleden silver93 said…
My friend is a lot like that, he changes to fit the people he hangs out with. In middle school he moved away and whenever he came to visit it'd take like two days before he'd stop being moody and act like a real person. Now he's about to get married; which I think it the most retarded thing he's ever done (which is saying something). They never even lived together. Their entire relationship has been at home with their parents. think it's because he joined the Navy and if you want to live on base you have to be married. Whenever he gets a girlfriend he always treats me differently. All my friends and family say that the reason he’s mistreating me now is because his fiancé is jealous of me. I have a hard time believing that because there’s nothing to be jealous of. The only time I met her was at his birthday party, which he spent the whole time ignoring me. I was really pissed off because it was a really long drive to get there. The only reason I think they may be right is because I got there before his girlfriend did, and he was talking to me for like 15 minutes, and then she showed up and he stopped hanging out with me. But I didn’t see her say anything to him, so the whole thing just makes me really confused.

We'd never fought before recently, we've always gotten along. As he got older, he turned into a really laid back person. I was shocked when he started accusing me of mistreating him. We got into a really big fight over it and stopped speaking, then it kind of cooled off at Christmas time. But recently, he told me I could come to the wedding only if I didn't do certain things; stuff I've never even done. Like I can't interrupt people when they're talking. Or I can't hang out with him that much because he has to talk to everyone not just me. I'm a very polite person. That was the number one rule in my family. His list basically made realize he didn't want me there, he just felt obliged to invite me. Sorry for the long post, but I just really needed to rant. Also, I feel like you guys could give me unbiased advice on it.
een jaar geleden THG123 said…
How strange, I really hope this doesn't offend you in any way, well really I don't see how it would, but do you suspect he has or previously had any affection for you? As in he like-liked you? You see, men are very confusing creatures, they send mixed signals all the time and it's impossible to figure out what's on their mind. Maybe his fianceé is jealous of you, or maybe he's doing the respectful thing and not talking to any women when she's around. If everybody tells you she's jealous, then it must be true, since everyone has the same opinion. Just don't take it to heart. If he doesn't want to talk to you, then it's his problem, because he's missing out, there's so many more people to talk to rather than him silver. There's 7 billion people on this Earth. A man that not only ignores you, but offends you, is not worth being a friend to at all.

Gary Ross officially just stated that he won't be directing Catching Fire, thoughts?
It doesn't offend me. Everyone always asked that when we were growing up, it'd drive us insane. He's basically my Gale- if Gale weren't romantically interested in Katniss. We're completely platonic, unless that changed which I highly doubt it. Like I seriously doubt it, that's why I don't know why his girlfriend would be jealous of me. Actually, he's a lot like Gale because he didn't go insane until he joined the military. The problem I have with just forgetting about him, is he's my oldest friend. We've been friends since the beginning of elementary school. I told him I wasn't interested in being friends with an asshole, but I still wish that maybe he'll go back to being my friend. I'm just kind of in shock that a friendship I've had for over ten years has crumbled within 5 to 6 months.

And I'm thrilled that he's not directing Catching Fire. I feel like everything wrong with the movie came from him. He's the one who cast the three leads, and he's the one who thinks Katniss is in love with Gale. Maybe now we have a shot at getting a decent Finnick. And having a movie that actually does justice to the messages of the books. It's his fault that there isn't a sting to the deaths in the movie. He was way too politically correct. I want a director that is willing to take risks and really make a point.
een jaar geleden rudyjanay said…
wish there was more said about peeta and katniss's life in the end and i wish i knew their children's name
...where are you guys?
Sorry silver, my professors keep giving us crap to do and numerous exams, I'm so exhausted.
I liked Ross, but maybe now the movie will be filled with action as well as plot. I think Ross needed to work a little on the relationship between Katniss and Peeta, I know it's definitely not as important as the story line, but he didn't capture Katniss' confusion, and seriously, he added things that weren't really necessary, and didn't build the relationship of the two main characters. No logic in that. I'm upset he just abandoned the role, it will take a long time to replace him. If he knew he couldn't handle it, why did he accept the job?!

As for your friend, I'd lay off his back for a while, he may just be having a lot of stress due to the wedding (I've had to help with all my cousins' weddings and trust me, it's a horrific job). Don't take his girlfriend bashing you to heart, no girl likes their love interest to be talking to other girls, especially friends, since they're close. It'll cool off, give it some time.
Maybe, he's one of the most stubborn people alive, but so am I so I'll how it ends up.
And yeah Professors have been giving me way too much stuff too.
I agree with everything you say, except it wasn't about being able to handle it, he wanted more money; just shows how much he really "cared" about the project in the first place. I thought their relationship made obsolutely no sense what so ever. It's not even like they connect when they aren't in the games, but they still don't in the games. Most people feel like she was relying on him bc of the circumstances. It's like one minute they're trying to kill each other, the next they can't keep their hands off each other. And I didn't really get the intimacy of the cave scene. They just show them holding each other, but it's their conversation I think that is what really makes Katniss start to fall in love with Peeta; which they don't have.
So have you read any books lately?
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden Arissa1422 said…
Sorry i've been gone, my best friend's sister just got married so this past week me and my best friend have been running around and working our butts off to get the wedding ready. (I'm basically part of their family, so i was included in most of the family stuff) So i've just been busy.

So I hated the cave scene. That was probably my least favorite part of the movie...i agree with you silver, i hated how suddenly they were just kissing and holding eachother. Where was the connecting? Yeah there was none. It just seemed awkward.
About Gary Ross, at first i was like 'oh god, what if we get a terrible director' and then i started thinking like 'wait, what if we get an amazing director that is 110% better than Gary?!' and now i'm excited. I think change will be a good thing for the movies.

Okay i'm very very very excited because i got sorted into Gryffindor on Pottermore! Ever since i first read the books when i was little i thought really really hard about what house i would be in, and i decided i would be in Gryffindor. And i know most people are like 'oh yeah you just like Gryffindor because Harry was in that house' but it wasn't like that for me. I just thought that i had qualities that a Gryffindor would have. I knew i wouldn't be a Hufflepuff or a Ravenclaw, (even though i thought Ravenclaw would be an awesome house) So i was an eight year old girl deciding between Gryffindor or Slytherin. And in the end i decided on Gryffindor. And as i got older, i realized i picked right when i was little, because i have so many Gryffindor qualities. So you can probably realize my excitement when i was sorted into Gryffindor on Pottermore. (:
Sorry about my HP rambling, i'm just really happy. Do you guys have a Pottermore account? i think you mentioned having one Silver.
Also on the subject of books, i read this one a little over a year ago i think, and it's been one of my all time favorites since. Looking for Alaska by John Green. I also love Paper Towns by John Green. And Unwind by Neal Shusterman is another one of my top books. Unwind is really twisted, and Looking for Alaska is just amazing in every way, i really recommenced them if you haven't already read them.
I think I've heard of Looking for Alaska and Unwind. YOU HAVE TO READ THE NIGHT CIRCUS. I beg you! I want to talk you guys about it so much. It might be my favorite book of all time.
I got sorted into Gryffindor too; I actually made an account for each house but Slytherin, but I might get one just because of how much better all the house intros are compared to Gryffindor. I recommend you do it also, or at least see if you can get the intros somewhere. Gryfs is less than half a page, but all the other houses have long ones with interesting facts and stories. I've always loved Gryffindor and related to their qualities more than the other houses. I actually took a test that like over 20 psychologists made(before Pottermore) it was over a hundred questions and it tells you a percentage of how you fit in each house. Most of my friends their top choice was in like 70s or lower and mixed with the other houses. I got almost a hundred percent with Gryffindor. I'm guessing the questions have more than one option for the houses because then I got like in the 40s for Huff and Rave and then a 6 percent for Slyth. It sucks on Pottermore that the new accounts have so many numbers after the name. I'm happy I have two accounts with 2-3 digits.
I wish I could get an account as well, but my life is way too busy. I only get 2 hours of sleep every day because of all the stress I've been having (and yes I'm serious, 2 hours only!) I can't get to sleep no matter what, I want to go see a doctor to help me relax some how but I just don't have time. I'm sick and tired of these THG fans; you know how Francis Lawrence has been chosen to be the new director right? Well on a Youtube video about him all I see are THG fans moaning about how Gary loved the movie and The Hunger Games and that there's no way Francis would. In that case, why the hell did Gary leave if he loved The Hunger Games so much? Don't they understand that Gary was in it for the money, and when he saw how big the series has gotten, he became a coward and abandoned it? Francis is a great director, he's very good with tones, with visuals, and with violence. If the script is written right, this movie could turn out great. I think Hunger Games fans should seriously stop complaining and give the guy a chance, nobody liked Ross at first...

Sorry, my lack of sleep has made me a very unpleasant, angry person, do you guys recommend anything that could help? (like sleep pills, meditation etc).

Anyways, what are your opinions on Francis Lawrence?
Ok Silver i will read The Night Circus! Who's the Author? And please read Looking for Alaska! Its one of my all time favorites.
And i was considering making other accounts just to see the welcome letters. I have friends that got into Hufflepuff, Slytherin, and Ravenclaw and they all said the welcome messages are so long, and i was kind of disappointed. But i took a Quiz like that too silver, i got like 70% Gryffindor, and the next was Ravenclaw, then Slytherin, then Hufflepuff. But Slytherin and Hufflepuff was like a 1% difference.
On the note of Francis Lawrence, i have heard a lot about him, but i don't have my own opinion on him personally. But i think change is good, so i'm hoping for the best.
I'm also fed up with the fake fans. I hate the ones that don't know what they're talking about, and the ones that a complain about stupidest stuff. At my school the people are talking about it left and right and just sound so dumb. Like this one kid in my Lit class was like "I love the part in the book when the tracker jackets get them and everyone is tweeking out. So sick!" and i literally turned around and was like "Jackers. Tracker JACKERS" and all the girls talking about how ugly Peeta is with blonde hair, and if she was Katniss, she would pick Gale because he's hotter. And talking about how Katniss isn't pretty enough, and too boring.

I seriously can't take it, i feel like i'm going crazy.
Erin Morgentern. And I'll try and find it.
Lol *high five* for the jackers comment.
Honestly, I don't even consider them fans. There's two different kinds of us: those before the movie, and those after(this starts the second casting was announced). When I think about the second group, I get a headache. Actually, I should probably include people who got interested in it because it was going to turn into a movie. It's really only the people who drifted towards it because it was interesting or because a friend recommended it that really understand the messages. And even that group is thinning. The books have been corrupted by the media (I sound like a psycho radical -_-). The whole thing is kind of ironic, the book that warned of the media monster turned into one. I remember wishing that this site went back to before Mockingjay was released and there was new stuff each day. Now, I hate it because I can't keep up with everyone. And honestly, I don't want to anymore. A lot of people I feel like are only adding stuff because they want their die-hard badge. I miss the days of debate. When people wondered about the messages of the books too, and not just if Katniss should be with Peeta or Gale. That's fun to talk about, but most original readers agreed the debate was settled with the end of Mockingjay. Hunger Games lost its edge. There was this solemnness to it, but now everyone sees it so much that it just got sent to the teenage bullshit file. (excuse the lang.)I think I told you about the girl in my English class who doesn't want to read the books because she thinks they're for kids, but saw the movie because of the hot actors.
I don't know much about the director. I'm a little concerned because I think they picked someone so quickly due to scheduling. But, I don't really care. I didn't like Ross' interpretation-no one did. The fans did, but critics hated it. I think change will be good. People only like what they know-they know they liked Ross, so therefore anything else must suck. Well these are the same idiots that were probably complaining about Jennifer Lawrence and Josh and Liam, and then saw their dye job and suddenly loved them. I think having a new director could even help the acting. Ross knew exactly who he was going to hire (I’m almost positive about this) before casting even started. The new director doesn’t have favorites; he just has actors that hopefully he will push to do better.
Some of the people on this site make me want to throw up. They just don't understand the books at all. They think it's cool and can't understand how serious and terrible the games would be.
Silver93,

What do you think of Francis Lawrence? Have you seen any of his movies? He's the new director for The Hunger Games. The other day I asked this girl if she read the books, and she said she was die-hard fan. I asked her why she liked it, and guess what her answer was:

"Liam Hemsworth is so hot!"

I basically just gave her a face that resembled this --> :-|
I didn't talk to her anymore. You guys have absolutely no clue how much I wanted to beat her head in. What the hell does the actor who plays one of the characters in the movie have to do with the fucking books?!
I saw Water for Elephants-I'm not sure if it was good because I was too distracted by how it wasn't as amazing as the book. I actually laugh everytime I think of him because there was a comment on Ew article about how he's a fantastic director because he did Britney Spears' best music video ever apparently. I've got nothing against Britney, but her music isn't music anymore, it was when she started but then she went autotune like the rest of hollywood.
And the idiots on this site are worse. They talk about the Hunger Games like it'd be fun to play. And then they debate stuff like if it was Katniss and Rue in the end do you think they'd turn on each other. Honestly, I think they would. What happened to Peeta and Katniss was unique. The games had been happening for 73 years before them with no change. Another question was if Thresh was from 12 and Peeta was from 11 would Katniss kill Peeta. The choices were yes they are from different districts and no because he's cute.
I remember coming on this site before Catching Fire and talking and debating about different topics in the books. I also remember talking about our dream cast for the hunger games movie haha. It seems forever ago. I think that's actually the first time i saw you're name silver, in the Hunger Games Cast forum. But i remember talking about what we think would happen in the books to come, and how we feel about the characters, and how we feel about the games and the world at that time. Everything was just so new and exciting. I feel like most of the true fans have gone and have been replaced with these half-ass fans that don't have any real intellectual incite on the books, all they want to talk about is the movies and the actors and Peeta vs. Gale. It really frustrates me.
And honestly, when people at school talk about The Hunger Games like it's so cool and say the stupidest stuff about it, i fight the biggest urge to punch them in the face.
Do you guys watch Naruto?
Honestly, I feel like they're a bunch of ten year olds. I mean they make me miss fighting with Jennabug or whatever that girl's name was(I do feel bad because I feel like we were the reason she left). I mean I even answer some of their questions and put a lot of thought in my answers and the responses I get are cute icon. Seriously?
I'd like to see if we could go back to some of that. Try and answer some of these pretty please, you don't have to answer all of them, but it'd be nice if you did. Now that it's been two years since Mockingjay, and you've probably re-read the series at least once, who are your favorite characters and why? What are some of your favorite moments(because they're funny, emotional, sweet, or inspiring...)Which death do you think was the saddest. How much at fault do you think Snow was in Mockingjay compared to district 13? Do you think Katniss had romantic feelings for Gale? When do you start to notice Katniss has feelings for Peeta? If you could change one thing what would it be, and how do you think it'd have affected the plot? Also, as a side question, why the hell are there so many Cato fans now? Have we discussed this? It's insane how many fans he has now, and I feel like it's largely due to Alexander Ludwig being hot.
And I don't watch the show anymore, but I read the manga. I used to watch it, but it's just gets so far off with fillers and stuff. Even the manga is getting far-fetched. Are you into manga/anime? I actually really like it because it's so emotional and intelligent. It's better than watching live acting.
...I think write too much. Everytime I write a big paragraph it takes days for you guys to respond. I just got the Selection and finished it in one day; it was really awesome. Although I'm a little sad because I saw who they cast for the TV series and the actors don't look like the characters. They have it backwards.
I'm sorry silver! I'm really busy right now with school. I will post back a huge response this weekend! I'm really excited to answer all your questions.
crying
please come back. i miss you guys.
Sorry silver, I'm so busy. I love your new icon, it is very colourful and appealing. I've been reading this new book called "Delirium" by Lauren Oliver. It is a novel set in the future, I think you two will like it. You should go look into it, and sorry Silver, but all the books you mentioned aren't in my local library, and I can't buy them because I'm broke. The librarian recommended Delirium to me and so far I love it.

I'm sick of these fans, they need to grow a brain, or go back to pre-school. Seriously, does anyone else hate the internet language? Like "you" as U or "are" as R. Everything is abbreviated and it's so annoying.
:'( you didn't answer any of my questions...but I'm happy you finally were able to get on.
I'll look into the book. I'm so annoyed with Collins because she only recommends really depressing books(shocker right?). Now, I'm not sure if they're depressing, but they sound depressing. One was about a plague, and the other on war.
I got into an argument with someone on this page. It seemed like a misunderstanding by the end of it, but she was pretty rude to start with. They just all drive me insane. You guys should check out this site goodreads. I commented on a form there, and one of the comments for a forum really disturbed me. It was about comparing the movie and the book, and someone said that they liked the movie more because the book was depressing where as the movie was a fun fantasy. People just don't understand-even worse, they don't want to.
I have a goodreads account, i'm trying to keep track of all the books i've read, but i know i'm missing tons.
OK HERE I GO ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS!
I agree with you, i think anime is more emotional than watching human actors. Unless the actors are truly amazing, i think anime is better.
And on to my large paragraph...
Some of my favorite characters out of the whole series are Haymitch, Katniss, Johanna, Peeta, Snow, Finnick, Boggs, Gale, and Rue. if i had to choose one favorite, it'd be Haymitch. And a lot of people say that Finnick is an 'overrated character' but honestly, i love him. I think he is a really good person that went through terrible things because of the Capitol. And his love for Annie is so pure. I love how he puts out this put-together, confident person but he is actually sensitive. And i knew throughout Catching Fire that Finnick could never have been the enemy, i knew there was something more going on because of him. And he has some of the funniest and most beautiful quotes. I know a lot of people don't like Johanna, but i really love her. You can just tell she's been through so much and still acts so strong. And i seriously love her bitchiness. Also during Catching Fire, she was a victor that gave me mixed signals. People like Gloss, Brutus, and Enobaria gave me the feeling that they were ruthless victors. But people like Finnick, Beetee, Wiress, and Seeder made me suspicious because i knew there was something going on behind the scenes that we didn't know about. But Johanna was different, sometimes i felt like she was going to turn against Katniss, but at the same time i felt like she wasn't against Katniss. She made me so confused. And when she finally attacked Katniss i was like "SHE WAS AGAINST HER! NO!" But then at the same time i doubted it. She was a character that really confused me and i liked it.
Most of my favorite moments are in Catching Fire. Almost all actually. I love the part in Catching Fire where Gale gets whipped, not because he actually gets whipped but because you can actually see how strong her friendship is for Gale, and it shows how strong their bond is. And It killed me seeing Peeta hurt when Katniss slept next to Gale, but it showed how much Peeta loves her and I don’t know, I know it’s a weird chapter to like, but I do. I also love chapter 11 In Catching Fire, when Katniss comes back from the woods with the hurt foot and tailbone and Mrs. Everdeen, Katniss, Prim, Haymitch, and Peeta are all just talking about the goat and it’s just so funny. And I love how Haymitch and Peeta are over. I always liked that Idea that when Katniss was hunting they were all together. And that is the chapter where my favorite part of all the series happens, when Katniss is falling asleep and she tells Peeta to stay with her and he says always, and that scene carries over to Mockingjay, which thus, creates my favorite scene in Mockingjay. Let me go get Catching Fire and Mockingjay and type those scenes for you guys because I love them so much..(:
“‘No, I’d have told you’ I say. I pull his hand up and lean my cheek against the bacak of it, taking in the faint scent of cinnamon and dill from the breads he must have baked today. I want to tell him about Twill and Bonnie and the uprising and the fantasy of District 14, but it’s not safe to and I can feel myself slipping away, so I just get out one more sentence. ‘Stay with me.’ As the tendrils of sleep syrup pull me down, I hear him whisper a word back, but I don’t quite catch it.” –Catching Fire page 159
And in my favorite scene in Mockingjay that made me cry my heart out…
“It’s a long shot, it’s suicide maybe, but I do the only thing I can think of. I lean in and kiss Peeta full on the mouth. His whole body starts shuddering, but I keep my lips pressed to his until I have to come up for air. My hands slide up his wrists to clasp his. “Don’t let him take you from me.” Peeta’s panting hard as he fights the nightmares raging in his head. “No. I don’t want to…” I clench his hands to the point of pain. “Stay with me.” His pupils contract to pinpoints, dilate again rapidly, and then return to something resembling normalcy. “Always” he murmurs.
BOOM TEARS.
I also love when Katniss tells Haymitch she wants to keep Peeta alive this time, and the look in Haymitch’s eyes is pain. I was on the verge of tears at that part. I love all the Katniss and Peeta stuff in Catching Fire, mainly because those parts with Katniss and Peeta in Catching Fire made me ship them. After reading Catching Fire there was not a doubt in my mind that Katniss wasn’t in love with him.

Okay that's all for now, i'll continue as soon as i can. I have to write a final essay right now, talk to you guys soon
Sorry this is so long:
I'm so happy you answered some of my questions-make sure you answer the others when you can, especially the ones about Snow and Cato. I understand school is probably crazy for you right now-lucky for me I'm in college and just got out for break! College is wonderful that way.
My favorite characters are (in no particular order) Haymitch (you guys already know about my deep love for him and his curly locks lol), Katniss, Peeta, Cinna, Prim, Finnick, Effie, Boggs and Johanna. I really love Katniss. It's harder for me to explain my love for Peeta other than he's just so good. Literally. He’s so strong and sweet, and I get so angry when people don’t understand that he had just as much an impact as Katniss did in the first Hunger Games. Everyone thinks he’d be dead if it weren’t for her, but it was his effort that got the rules changed. It sure as hell wasn’t Haymitch like the movie says, but a combination of Peeta and Cinna’s efforts. As for Katniss I just really admire her. People don’t like her personality sometimes, but I feel like Collins did such a good job of portraying a realistic character. I liked the times she was immature or wasn’t able to cope. I love Finnick for all the reasons you said Arissa. He was just such a great character that you really wanted to be friends with. And I love Johanna for her bitchyness too. I was so shocked when she attacked Katniss. I was hoping she was on the good side. I loved the sister relationship her and Katniss had. Boggs was the character that surprised me the most. I got so attached to him really quickly. My favorite book is Catching Fire too. This is why we’re friends-everyone I’ve talked to said it was their least favorite. But, I just love how you can see their relationships. My favorite moments throughout the series are: in the cave scene when the lamb stew comes and they’re talking about what it’d be like if they won, and Katniss realizes that they’d be stuck with Haymitch. I thought their banter was really funny, and the best part is when Peeta licks his plate and says “we love you Effie!” It was such a sweet moment, and the only time I felt they were safe (this is probably in my top three favorite moments). I love Haymitch’s infamous stage dive and when it gets brought up again in the interviews (I was sad they left it out of the movie). I also love when she comes out of recovery and runs to Haymitch. Or when Katniss is practicing for the interview and both Effie and Haymitch want to kill by the end of it. In Catching Fire I love when Katniss looks at Cinna’s drawings and says I think I show real potential and you see what a great relationship Katniss and Cinna have. I also love the scene you mentioned when she comes back after hurting her foot. I love how Peeta takes care of her afterward, and when she gets fixated on his eyelashes (and the stay with me scene). I love all the parts when you’re meeting the other tributes and they tease her. One of my absolute favorite parts is when they’re on the roof and Peeta is playing with Katniss’ is hair and it’s the only time when they seem like a couple in love. I love when Katniss freaks out over Peeta almost dying and Finnick blames it on her pregnancy which she denies but only starts crying harder. One of my favorite Johanna scenes is when she finally runs into Katniss in the area and she starts cussing her out so Finnick dunks her in the water till she shuts up. In Mockingjay my favorite scene is when she kisses him. I also love when Finnick takes off his gown and afterward when Boggs defends Katniss. I have too many favorite scenes obviously. There are probably more, but I don’t want to take up too much space than I already have. I have another question that got brought up with me and my friends: do you think that any of the people in the Capitol ended up loving Katniss as a person other than Cinna? I thought Effie and the prep team did, but all my friends said they didn’t care about her or Peeta.
een jaar geleden eri0207 said…
I feel like the author rushed through the ending. It would have been better if she hadn't just summarized what happened to Katniss and Petta. It would have been nice if she had witten more about their children.
First off, every single scene you said were your favorites were mine too. I love any touching/funny Katniss, Peeta, and Haymitch moments. I also love Katniss and Cinna's relationship, and i was the exact same way with Boggs. I got attached to him so fast. I think it was because i didn't love district 13 or the people from it. Everything just felt weird in district 13 to me. But Boggs acted like he cared about Katniss and i loved that. I also think Effie and Katniss's prep team loved Katniss. I knew Effie was attached to Katniss and Peeta from the moment in Catching Fire when she got them all gold mockingjay stuff and talked about being a team. I really believed she cared for them. And in CF when the prep team was basically sobbing over Katniss going back into the games, and Katniss even says she's surprised that they actually got attached to her.
Ok i gotta go i'll answer the rest of your questions as soon as i can!
Eri0207- I think the ending was perfect, of course we all wanted to know what Panem was like and what Katniss's kids names were, but i think Collins left that open for us to think of our own ideas for Panem and for her children. I also think she didn't explain what Panem was like because Katniss didn't care anymore, she just cared about her life with Peeta in district 12 and the people she cared about. She didn't worry about Panem anymore.
I look forward to you being on summer break. Same with THG, I guess maybe in Canada people get left out later than in the US? Do you guys like the new layout? I think it's kind if werid. Also, who are you hoping gets cast as Finnick and Johanna, or any other new characters. I really hope Chace Crawford gets Finnick, and Kristen Bell Johanna. Kristen Bell deserves a part in the movies; she's been obsessed with the books before there was even talk of a movie. She's also kick-ass and plays one of my all-time favoritie characters-Veronica Mars.
Ok you guys need to read The Selection, because the weirdest thing I've ever seen with a YA book is happening: everyone wants the same guy to end up with the girl. There are two different guys, but everyone is leading towards one. It's the weirdest thing... and kind of boring. I actually like both guys and can't really decide, and usually I always know. I am leading towards one, but thats only b/c we spend more time with him.
een jaar geleden morganaforever said…
I think the ending was a bit of a disappointment. Suzanne should have went into detail about Peeta and Katniss and their children. Maybe a bit about how their children's lives were different from their own. I loved the war though :)))) So sad that Finnick and Prim died though :( xxx
een jaar geleden peetniss4eva101 said…
I was so sad when Finnick died, and they didn't really make a big deal out of it. As a HUGE Peetniss fan (hence the name), I loved the ending. This is an amazing series, Read Hunger Games 3 times, and reading Catching Fire for the tird time now!! :P
where did you guys go? This is longest we've gone without talking for this many different times.
So it’s pretty sad that I still check back every day to see if either of you have responded, especially since it’s been almost a month, but I do. *sighs*
I wanted to bring up a potential Finnick: Luke Mitchell. His picture has been on this site for a while, but I never really considered him because he’s blonde and I didn’t think Finnick was blonde. But, I decided to look him up and he’s actually really hot. He has this air about him that is very Finnicky, and he does a lot of water sports. This would be good because he’s an awesome swimmer; there’s this pretty cool video of him swimming with a dolphin. I don’t know what it is about him, but I suddenly really see Finnick in him. Maybe it’s his smile. He also seems like a pretty cool guy with a sense of humor, in an interview he took his shirt off because they asked him to. Course, now that I like him, he probably won’t even audition. Here’s a pic of him:
 So it’s pretty sad that I still check back every dag to see if either of u have responded, especi
And another one, which I'm not sure if someone tinted his hair on photoshop, or if his hair is naturally reddish.
 And another one, which I'm not sure if someone tinted his hair on photoshop, of if his hair is natura
een jaar geleden missing_99 said…
hmmm
I loved hijacked Peeta - I loved when they were taking District 2. A lot goes on in Mockingjay, I just wonder how it'll play out on camera.
Let me make my apology quick: I've been away for 2 weeks, one in South Dakota, one in Tennessee for gymnastics camp. I will be in Wisconsin next week for a mission trip. No computers, i'm so sorry. I've missed you! ):
But i did read The Fault in our Stars by John Green in 2 days. It's AMAZING.
And lord Jesus, Luke Mitchell is EXACTLY how i pictured Finnick, except with a bit more darker and more bronzed hair. But his facial expression and how he looks in those pictures is very Finnicky haha. Easily my favorite person i've seen for Finnick so far.
Have you read The Perks of Being a Wallflower? I've been wanting to read it for a while, and now i heard it's being made into a movie so i thought i should. It gets really weird reviews though, some love it and say it is there favorite book and the next person will say it's terrible, but my friend Oksana convinced me to read it because she loved it, and me and her have very similar taste in books.

But anyway, i'm so worried that they're going to cast a crap Finnick and Johanna. They are some of my favorite characters and if they're cast wrong i will be so disappointed. But seriously, i'm going to be genuinely worried about every single cast choice and movie choice they make for THG, so just assume with every decision being made that i'm freaking out inside.
big smile
*flails arms around like a maniac* omigawd Arissa you came back!!! I'm so happy. I was hoping you were just busy and hadn't decided that you just didn't want to talk anymore.
I feel like I'm really confused over what bronze hair means. Some people say that it's red, others say it's blonde, but I swear it's described as copperish in my book as well and so I always imagined him as having brownish-reddish hair. Idk I kind of like Mitchell's hair though, but I like blonde guys the best so I might be biased. I could see it if his hair was like in the second picture, but that might just be because it's wet. But, then again I think it might be a requirement that all cast members dye their hair so he'll fit right in.
Did I mention he also has green eyes?
*sighs* I hope he at least auditions. Problem one is he's Australian so he might not even know about it, problem two is I think the casting people have favorites. One of which if casted will cause me to not consider the films as being legitimate-Armie Hammer. Please for the love of all that is Haymitch's curly black locks, tell me you do not like him as Finnick! He looks like a Ken doll. These stupid finding Finnick Odair posts are all pissing me off because I swear every person doing them is over 30. All of their favorites are in their 30’s except for Garrett Hedlund.
As for Johanna, I really want Kristen Bell to get the part. She’s been a fan of the books since before they were even talking about turning them into movies. She’s not how I pictured Johanna, but I’m a fan of hers from Veronica Mars and she can definitely act the part. She as obsessed as we are. She threw a hunger games themed party where she decorated different parts of her house as the different districts and when her husband wouldn’t read the books she spent like two or three weeks reading them out loud to him. She’s awesome.
I’ve thought about reading Perks of Being a Wallflower. I’ve known of it for a while, but when I heard Logan Lerman And Emma Watson were going to be in the movie I really wanted to read it.
Did I mention how happy I am that you responded?
Ahhh i would never get tired of talking to you! And yes i've been very busy. AND DEAR GOD ARMIE HAMMER WOULD BE HORRIBLE UGH HE IS JUST TOO LIKE CLEAN CUT AND LOOKS TOO GOOD AND SNOBBY AND UGH NO. AHFADFKLJADF
i'm sorry i had a little freak out because i would die if he was Finnick. No actually i would cry. A lot.
Kristen Bell! I love her so much and yes i heard about her Hunger Games themed party and she has that Johanna attitude that i would be so happy if she got the part. I didn't imagine Johanna looking like her either, i always pictured her with dark brown hair, but if they cast a perfect person for Johanna i could care less what hair color because i don't think they ever described it other than in Mockingjay when her head was shaved.
And about Finnick's hair, yes sort of a copper, bronzy, light brownish, dirty blond color. It can be either light brown or dirty blonde but it has to have a coppery, golden, bronzy glow. Ya know?
I started Perks of Being a Wallflower and it's actually kind of nice, i like how it's written in letters. Charlie is genuinely innocent and very honest and it's really unique. But it's basically just about high school and family and his life, but it's simple but unique and I'm enjoying it so far.
een jaar geleden Eryn_Targaryen said…
crying
Why? Why did they have to kill Finick?
Lol I love your description of bronze hair. That's pretty much every color- and how I tried describing it my mom. Although I have red, blonde, and brown in my hair, but it's darker, meaning more brownish than blondish.. I don't know what color you'd use to describe it.
So Luke Mithcell is on this show called H20 Just Add Water,he's only on the last season, which is the only season I've seen since I skipped to just watch the episodes he's in and he reminds me so much of Finnick it actually makes me upset-because now that I like him it's pretty much garunteed he won't get the part(knock on wood just in case he might). I've only seen the first two episodes, and in the first he's swimming and the second he's exploring in the jungle which reminded me of the arena.I really hope Armie Hammer doesn't get it. He just looks like a ken doll or an action figure to me, like his face is plastic-which is mean. I mean he's not horrible looking, he just doesn't look like Finnick. If you have Netflix you can watch the show Mitchell is on. The only thing is I can't tell if he's a good actor or not because I'm too distracted by his Australian accent. I'm not used to Australian as much as British or Irish. And I sorta have a thing for accents, not gonna lie.
That book sounds interesting. I think I'll go get it, although there are so many books I want. Did you finish Percy Jackson and start The Lost Hero? Also, not to sound like a broken record player, but have you read the Night Circus or Howl's Moving Castle?
een jaar geleden epo said…
big smile
Check out this hilarious Hunger Games parody with Jon Lajoie on Sam Macaroni's youtube page, it's epic!
Hahaha yeah i can't really describe how i see Finnicks hair color. Mine is like that too. My hair is super thick and wavy and has a lot of layers. In the summer it's a dirty blonde, and in the winter its like a light brown, but it has a lot of gold in it. People say my hair is dirty blonde, brown, light brown, or gold. By the way your hair sounds like it's gorgeous.
But who is the author of the Night Circus and Howl's Moving Castle? And yes I finished the Percy Jackson series and The Lost Hero a while ago but forgot to tell you. Recently i've read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and The Perks of being a Wallflower. I ended up loving The Fault in Our Stars, and i thought Perks was Ok. I didn't love it as much as i expected i would. I think there are plenty of books that are in that sort of category of highschool/friends/growing up/drugs that are a lot better than Perks.
And i watched Luke Mitchell on Netflix and i'm very sad because i love him so much and he probably won't be Finnick...it's like our love for Willa Holland all over again. ):
Oh and yesterday i started reading The City of Bones. So far i love it. And I just got to the part where you find out that Jocelyn was Valentine's wife and let me just say i called that from the moment the talked about Valentine. Ahhh but i'm getting really into it so i gotta go!
Sometimes I like my hair and other times I just want to cut it all off. I don't have the patience for how long it takes to blow dry.
Erin Morgensterm wrote The Night Circus and Diana Wynne Jones wrote Howl's moving castle.
Have you seen Brave? Omigawd it's epic. It's a great movie to see with your mom.
I don't know. I'm not that attached to the HG movies, I really can't stand the first one to tell you the truth. Willa Holland is still my Katniss.
Don't bother looking up casting on City of Bones. It's been taking forever. They cast Clary in 2010, Jace in 2011, and they just announce Izzy. However, I kind of like that they're taking so long because it means they are trying to make it perfect.
Did you read Son of Neptune? I have a theory about the third books prophacy so I wanna talk to someone about it.
Now that you're back(not sure for how long) can you go back and answer some of the questions I postd earlier? Some of them I'm actually very curious about.
troll
trolling
And finally
the
1000th comment: