The Hunger Games MOCKINGJAY forum

XxIsabellaxX posted on Sep 04, 2010 at 11:42PM
THIS IS A FORUM WHERE YOU CAN WRITE ALL YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT THE BOOK MOCKINGJAY!

The Hunger Games 1050 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 151-200 of 1050

een jaar geleden THG123 said…
well, I didn't say I absolutely loved the idea, but, yeah, you make a point. I really hope Chloe stays away from the role of Katniss as well.
een jaar geleden silver93 said…
I don't see what's wrong with unknown almost everybody famous wasn't famous at some point. I really liked what they did for Harry Potter. How they had the adults be famous and the kids be unknowns.

Is President snow short and fat, or tall and skinny?
I loved how they cast Harry Potter. Hopefully, Hunger Games would be the same. Lol, in my mind, I thought President Snow was about average height, and wasn't exactly skinny but average. And he always seemed to have a black tux on, even on his death. What do you think about the Southern accent thing?
een jaar geleden Arissa1422 said…
I thought of president snow the same way, average with a black tux ALL the time.

I saw the video with Collins reading it in a southern accent. Personally i don't like it because i read all 3 books with Katniss's voice like mine, which is not southern. And even now when i read parts i cant picture Katniss talking in a southern accent, it just seems weird to me.
een jaar geleden energiko said…
just saying but i kinda liked gale cuz katniss couldnt give two shits about peeta until he started like being i love ypu cuz like when they were on the chariot in the first one she was like thinking about killing him and not about friendship and i love you so much. like i guess he gave her the bread but he sounded pathetic about it. plus their whole thing was like created and with gale it was not. i dont care wat he did in the third one i think he was better than peeta. also he cant even spell his fucking name rite!!
Hmm, well, Katniss didn't know Peeta at first, you are right about that one but in the 3 years they spent together, she slowly fell in love with him. Oh and what's pathetic, is Gale leaving Katniss, when she had no one to help her, leaving her, to drown in her thoughts. And he never came back, cuz if he did, We would've heard about him in the epilouge. I respect your opinion otherwise.
Exactly, i loved Gale too because i believe she did love him, because of all the times in the woods, him always being there for her, and being her best friend. But when he killed prim and left Katniss in 12 and he didn't even say goodbye, Do you really still believe he was the best for Katniss? No. If he really loved Katniss he wouldn't have left like that, and never came back.
een jaar geleden XxIsabellaxX said…
wink
HIIIIIII
een jaar geleden alicerox1 said…
crying
i loved it but i sobbed when finnick died just cuz he was my one love but just when i started to calm down,( i like through the book across the room and had to wait til the next day to keep reading) prim died and i loved prim too but i was kinda surprised that Joahnna didnt die (not that im not thrilled that she's alive cuz i love her too) but she was just kinda asking for it...
I thought Johanna was going to die too, but i'm glade she didn't, i love her!!
I don't understand why Gale leaving Katniss is the big thing that makes people believe she shouldn't be with Gale. It was obvious before that. Him leaving only means he not only could not be her lover, but he sucks as a best friend too. I think it was clear by Catching Fire that Katniss was going to pick Peeta. She just wasn't in love with Gale that way. Yes, she did think about killing Peeta in the chariot, but she also thought he was planning the same thing. She didn't even know the guy at all, and the whole point of the games is that the kids have to kill each other. It'd be nice if all of your favorites could make it out alive, but then the games would make a little bit of sense, and that goes against everything they are. It's not like she wanted to kill him. The idea of killing anyone made her sick and haunted her dreams for the rest of her life.
Well Gale leaving Katniss was kind of like the final "Goodbye" for me. Being an Ex-Gale fan, i did like gale for the first book, and the second. And even though Gale was being a horrible person throughout Mockingjay, and even though 1/4 way into mockingjay i changed to team Peeta, for the rest of the book i still was like "UGH COME ON GALE YOUR HER BEST FRIEND! ACT LIKE IT" and was when Gale killed Prim i was like "NO!" Because i still liked Gale even thought i wanted Peeta to end up with Katniss. And then when Katniss went back to 12 and Gale stayed in 2 i was like "Ok, there friendship is over." So Gale leaving was sort of like the last thing that made their friendship end. Thats how i see it.
I guess that makes sense. I've just always wanted Peeta so I could see Gale being bad easier.
Yea, guys, I hate to say I'm kinda busy from now on, since it's around the end of October, so lots of exams for me. I won't be on for a while.
That's what i figured. I've been very bored I was about to go whine on ur page.
aw, fine I'll try to come on any chance I get, they give us weeks to study, one minute wasted wouldn't be so bad. Here's your next question to dicuss, Would you consider Haymitch dieing from alcohol poisoning later on? (Sorry if this question is a bit painful for you) XD
Oh my gosh, no. I love Haymitch! He has ALWAYS been one of my favorite characters. With all of the other loses in the books, i am so happy that Haymitch lived. I would hope that he would sober up a little as life goes on and he will be Katniss's kids babysitter =]
Well, maybe they've fixed that problem since then. I do love Haymitch and I'd probably be sad if he died, but at the same time I think he'd be happy to be put out of his misery. I don't know, that would have changed how the book turned out in a big way if he had died. Very interesting idea to think about.
een jaar geleden XxIsabellaxX said…
hey you guys sorry i havent been on much too much school
so yeah
it's cool. it's so wonderful that the schools wait until the last two weeks of the marking period to squeeze everything in.
Agreed.
crying
I'M A HORRIBLE PERSON! You know how I said I'll try to squeeze in time for this? well IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! I've already got about 15 or so exams for the next...3 months or so!! Holy!! I'm so sorry, I won't be able to even touch the computer for like...ever!! seriously, this is my future so I'm going to lock myself in my room and study the crap out of myself, I'm so sorry guys. I hope you can have fun without me.
sad
well that's just great. people are leaving this site left and right.
sad
I've been really busy too! i can't come that much either, school is crazy! AP and Honors classes are killing me, and Varsity Gymnastics is starting up now, so i'm gonna be gone too )':
But before i go, ummm lets see....

What do you guys think about Peeta after all the hijacking, he is obviously never gonna be 100% perfect, just like Katniss won't, but do you think he will ever recover to the point where he will never even think of harming Katniss? Or do you think the hijacking will always have some kind of effect on him from now on?
(I really hope that he will eventually fully recover and go back to his all the time kind, caring, and loving personality. But i just don't think that will be the case, which makes me sad!)
Okay, I'm barely making time on here (I'm on the library computer btw) I think after like 20-30 years later they're probably going to heal, idk, it seems like a long time, they'll just have to put everything aside, it was their past, they need to forget the past, live in the present. Okay, I honestly have been real curious about this, where do people... pee pee in the Hunger Games? Honestly, it wasn't answered.
Other than Prim dieing that's what upset me the most. He's never going to be the same. The boy with the bread is dead. Everything I had been using to argue that he was better for Katniss than Gale for like two years went away. He still has the problem, he's just trying to become stronger than it. And it's working obviously.

They go where ever it was answered. In the first book Katniss was going to use her pee to drink since she couldn't find any water. I have a feeling they aren't going to air that footage b/c it's not exactly something people are going to want to watch.
THG123 I was thinking the same thing! and also... umm.. what happens if its a girls..you know..time of the month lol..
they probably give them a pill for that. Isn't there a birth control pill out now that makes it so you only have ur period four times a year?
oh and they may not be able to have their period because of the lack of nutrition and fat. you need to have a certain amount of body fat to get pregnant or else the baby won't be able to grow. a lot of professional athletes don't get their period.
Silver93, I do believe there is a pill like that. And yes, you need to have nutrition in your body or you won't get your period.
they used to play the commercial all the time(i remember because my brother always get irritated and uncomfortable whenever those types of commercials come on). do you think katniss' mom sees her grandkids? i'm kinda still really pissed at her(cuz you know they're all real people) for leaving. i can't remember her name, but do you think the person who took over for coin did a good job as president? i feel like we would have gotten a better perspective on what the future was like if peeta told it. katniss has a tendency to not give a damn if it doesn't directly affect her.
Lol, at the brother thing. Yeah I was pretty bothered by Katniss' mother a lot. I know she's weak and has been through a lot, but a mother's duty is to be there with their kids. Kay got to go, I'll try to write a comment later.
Yeah, i think she would come to visit her grand kids. She should be able to go and visit, i mean that would be horrible if she didn't.
And Paylor was the one who took over for coin. And i remember when they were in district 8 when Paylor was first introduced to the story, she was also like Boggs, right when she was introduced, i liked her. I think of how she handled herself in 8 and just how she talked made me like her, so yes, i do think she would make a good president.
And hahahahah, i agree about how Katniss doesn't say much when it's not about herself. But i think that all of our questions about the future of the hunger games, or just the hunger games in general, will be answered if Collins makes another book.
WHICH I HOPE SHE DOES!
I want a Haymitch one. He's not really my favorite character, that all started as a joke, but I'd really like to see how things were before Katniss.
Me too! But he is one of my favorite characters, and i also want to see what it was like in his games, or like his point of view when he was Katniss's mentor for the first games. But then again... that would be too much like twilight, so i would rather just hear about his games. (: Hahha
I don't think it'd be just like Twilight. What Haymitch saw was different from what Katniss did, that would be interesting. But not as interesting as his games. We could see Katniss' dad.
Thats why i want a Haymitch book from his games, because i want to see how Katniss's parents were when they were her age. Like how Katniss's mom was good friends with Maysille Donner and stuff, Haymitch probably knows a lot about her and Katniss's dad, and i think that would be cool.
A Haymitch book would be cool, everything would be sarcastic in his mind. :D
Do we have to talk about The Hunger Games only? I want to kinda talk about unrelated things, like how a guy in my College looks EXACTLY like Peeta in my opinion.
can he act? i still haven't found my peeta. no one looks like him to me. i'm going insane over the movie. i think i need to go to a hunger games anonymous group.
Haha, many people can't act, he's just how I pictured him in the book. I NEED TO KNOW WHO'S PLAYING WHO! Seriously, it's eating at me. Do you think age is important when it comes to hunger games? I'm not saying if it would be okay for a 30 year old woman to play Katniss, just saying like, someone around their 20's.
Well, I'd prefer someone younger. Like I think anywhere from 16 to maybe 23 would be good. I'm not thinking it's going to be a problem for them to look 16 now, I'm thinking in another three years it's going to be. Once you get to like 23,24,25 your face starts looking differently, more adult. If someone starts when they are 23 they are going to be AT LEAST 26 by the third movie. I really want Willa Holland to play Katniss. She looks just like her and she's not too young or too old. I might not even want someone who's 16 because they may not have enough experience to properly portray the material.
last edited een jaar geleden
I want Willa Holland for Katniss too! In the other forum you mentioned her and i looked her up and her face and eyes and body are EXACTLY how i pictured Katniss, if her hair was darker she would be an exact match.
But yes, the whole hunger games movie is making me crazy too! Honestly, i just try not to think about it..otherwise i will start complaining to my friends about it.. and none of them have read the book so they think im crazy lol.
een jaar geleden jennabug121 said…
big smile
I just wanted to say that I married Gale!- just to clear that situation up so yea :)
Jennabug121,

Alright...may you live a happy life...if that's possible.

Silver93 and Arissa1422

I wouldn't mind Willa Holland either, how's her acting? and if you had to choose between Kaya or Lyndsy, who would you choose? ("Neither" is not an option.)
last edited een jaar geleden
Hahah, neither was going to be my answer lol, but i guess i'll pick. But Willa Holland is still my favorite.
i think Kaya has Katniss's structure better, like how her face and body is just slimmer and its how i pictured Katniss. And Lyndsy's face kinda looks chubby to me. Not how i pictured Katniss,
But i feel like Lyndsy could pull off the hunter side of Katniss, and the glamorous side. But then again so could Kaya.
Even though i don't like either of them... i guess i would go with Kaya.
jennabug121 you guys are perfect for each other.

Yeah I'd go with Kaya just because she's younger and closer to how I saw Katniss, I didn't really see Lyndsey looking like Katniss. I've also seen Kaya act, but haven't seen Lyndsey. do you guys want hugh laurie or Robert Downey Jr. playing Haymitch? I can't decide who I like more. I feel like Downey is more likely b/c he does movies, but he might also be too busy.
I like them both, if you combine the two, that is how i pictured Haymitch haha. so either one is good in my opinion
een jaar geleden jennabug121 said…
I've been living very happily thank you :)