The Hunger Games MOCKINGJAY forum

XxIsabellaxX posted on Sep 04, 2010 at 11:42PM
THIS IS A FORUM WHERE YOU CAN WRITE ALL YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT THE BOOK MOCKINGJAY!

The Hunger Games 1050 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 351-400 of 1050

een jaar geleden Arissa1422 said…
Gosh i hate when i miss conversations like this! hahahaa.
And pretty much whatever THG123 and Silver93 said about the hunger games, i agreed, as usual lol.
and on the Harry Potter side of things, i was always a Hermione/Ron. i just always liked them better than Harry and Hermione, they seamed to close. like best friend close lol.
but i never even thought of Harry and Ginny ending up together, but whatever. i didn't hate it, and i didn't love it so i just sort of dealt with it.

And I've only been on a plane once, when i was 6 going to Disney world, so i don't remember it at all lol.
een jaar geleden jennabug121 said…
You say I'm not opened minded but seriously My opinion is that Peeta is annoying and Gale is cool and Finnik is hot so there silver93.

and also I love debating, one of my clubs is comparative religion if that means anything.....

...I wish I went some where for Christmas :/
een jaar geleden silver93 said…
I was ignoring him, but that kid had some serious stamina! He was a little demon child. The only entertaining thing about the plane ride was that all the guys from our trip, it was a school trip, were planning on different ways they could throw the kids out the window.

I think Ron is funny, but I always feel like he treats Hermione terribly. He's so rude to her and doesn't care when she cries.
HG123, are you talking about HP movies or HG movie?

"You say I'm not opened minded but seriously My opinion is that Peeta is annoying and Gale is cool and Finnik is hot so there silver93" THATS MY POINT EXACTLY! It's like you read with your eyes close.
een jaar geleden THG123 said…
Lol "The only entertaining thing about the plane ride was that all the guys from our trip, it was a school trip, were planning on different ways they could throw the kids out the window."
haha, I was sort of feeling the same way, it's the parent's fault, they don't know how to control their children. I was talking about the Hunger games movie, I'm so worried :S
I can deal with Ron/Hermione but Harry/Ginny just irked me tremendously. I'd rather have Harry single to be honest. Ron is funny but he has jealous side I don't like. He doesn't seem to understand Harry as Hermione does.
Jennabug
We're asking you to open up to other opinions, not tell us your opinion. Like I understand that Gale was good to Katniss and he helped and all that shiz, but you seem stuck on hating Peeta and just loving Gale. Try writing down the good things about the characters you dislike (except Snow and Coin)
Ok Jennabug121, i see why you liked Gale, cause those were the reasons i use to like Gale too.. BUT after you read the books and realized the horrible things Gale did, it just amazes me how you still like him.
i use to not like Peeta cause i thought he was kind of a pansy in the first book (obviously that thought changed)and i liked Gale. But after reading Catching Fire my opinion changed. and then in Mockingjay it changed even more, to the point where now i don't like Gale at all. BE OPEN, OPINIONS ARE SUPPOSE TO CHANGE!
Back to my old question no one answered, I think it was on the Peeta or Caveman page. What do you think would cause Katniss to kill Coin other than her sister being killed?
Coin wanted to kill her^^^^^

and I'm sorry, I don't care about Peeta what so ever, everything about him annoys me, and he's a woman taker. I don't care if he is "sweet" or "funny" in your opinion. And I don't care if you think Gale is a bad person. I'm not going to like someone that I don't like. My eyes are open and heck right now i really want them to be closed because I hate Peeta and that's how it's gonna stay.
Okay whatever, the whole Peeta/Gale thing is annoying now. She ended up with Peeta, and no matter how much you like Gale, Peeta was the better choice for her. End of story.

And i think she killed her because, of prim obviously. And because i believe Coin couldn't be a real leader anyways. Maybe Katniss thought that too? not sure. But another thing is she was also in a way, like Gale. Just wanting to win no matter what the cost, and i believe she wanted to win not because of the well being of Panem. I think she wanted to win just because she wanted to be the President. Like her efforts to win the war were selfish, and she only thought of herself, not the entire country.
Like Boggs said to Katniss, "if your immediate answer is not Coin, your a threat." That kind of makes Coin selfish, and Katniss knew their could be a better leader for Panem.
Just my thoughts, what about you?
at least Gale gets someone not emotionally messed up......

any who I kind of get now why Prim, Rue died. Well They were all kind of symbols of innocents. No matter how you fight a war innocent people die. Rue= It was to show a pointless death that didn't need to happen what so ever

Prim= It was the last bit of sanity that Katniss had. With Prim went one of the main causes for Katniss fighting the war.
No, I know Prim died because otherwise Katniss wouldn't kill Coin. I'm asking if Prim were still alive, what do you think would cause Katniss to still kill Coin? Not that Katniss isn't badass and everything, but she has a tendency to only care about things that involve herself. She's too clueless to realize everything going on around her.

I think all the deaths in the Hunger Games showed pointless deaths. Rue was more of a way to remind Katniss of Prim. Rue really didn't even have that big a part, but because she was so young people get the most upset about it. But all of the deaths were tragic. The people who came out alive and were expected to keep living as normal were tragic.
Prim wasn't Katniss' last bit of sanity. Don't get me wrong, she totally looses her mind when Prim dies, but it wasn't why she was fighting the war. She was fighting the war because she's good, she's light, which is why her symbol is fire. She could see how terrible what the Capitol was doing was, and couldn't stand by and watch it. I don't know how to explain Prim's death, it was the most complicated death in the entire series. I think Finnick's death showed pointless deaths in the war.
Also, you probably didn't notice because you have your head stuck up your ass, but Katniss totally lost her mind after she was separated from Peeta and thought he was dead. She was past the point of being able to live without him. You know, true love.
last edited een jaar geleden
Wow you can be really mean! Shut up!
No. I'm so freaking tired of you! For the last year or however long you've been on this site you've been leaving all these comments about how Peeta should die. "Hey guys wouldn't it be funny if they ran into the electric fence and died?" Peeta is one of my favorite characters and you do nothing but insult him. Why should I be polite to you when all you do is insult everything we say? You are one of the most frustrating people to talk to because you refuse to listen or even be open to the idea of any opinion other than your own! You know what? I think Gale should die! I think he's a whiny good for nothing that is trying desperately to be half as kick-ass as Katniss but can't even enter the race he's so far behind her! You know what also? If Gale died they still would have won the rebellion! He helped in no way shape or forum other than to get Katniss shot, and to get Prim killed! Peeta on the other hand was tortured almost to death and was still fighting to keep Katniss alive. He lost his mind trying to protect her. He's one of the most caring,loving,intelligent, and thoughtful characters ever, and Gale is just a mindless, selfish, idiot! You keep saying how great he is for giving Katniss space, he wasn't giving her space, he was abandoning her, giving up on her. Peeta never did that, says the reason why the better man won Katniss' heart. I hope Gale chokes on a snare.
I don't care what you think of me cause I don't really find your opinions worth much. And you have said some pretty insulting things about Gale! What I should just sit back and take it while you and others trash him left and right?! I hate Peeta! He is a freakin character in a book! He's not gonna come to life and solve everyone's problems! And I think it would be hilarious if he died! Don't dish out stuff like that and then not expect a response! I can take it when people challenge my thoughts but when they use language like what you said that's when I draw the line! I'm glad Peeta lost his mind and has to deal with it for the rest of his life cause he sucks! So basically if you wanna make fun of Gale then u should really consider the idea of retaliation.
How many times have you said you were going to marry Gale? You know what? I don't care what your opinion is because you're thoughtless! You don't think about anyone but yourself. What have we said that was so terrible about Gale compared to you? Go back and look at your comments. And I'm happy you think that post was insulting because the Gale comments were inspired by how you write about Peeta. And what in that post made you think I wasn't expecting you to write back or didn't want you to? That's just another example of how you don't actually read what people are saying. You just get the general idea and make your own assumptions.
At least Gale deserves to be insulted. Your reasons include "I hate Peeta because he's not as muscular or cool as Gale, besides Gale has black hair and is awesome, Peeta's a baker and can't hunt" and don't you dare say you didn't say this. I can go back and find the comments so shut up. Also you don't even think of frickin' personality just looks! I would've absolutely love it if Gale died. "I'm glad Peeta lost his mind and has to deal with it for the rest of his life cause he sucks! " what the hell? Is this supposed to be your debate? That is not only the stupidest thing I've heard, but it's the harshest thing anyone could say, "Wouldn't it be funny if Peeta's kids hit an electric fence and died?" I hope you hit an electric fence you prick, no one dares insult my friends and when you just said these things to silver93 that's where I draw the line. You now what? Just get lost! We don't want you here so just go away. You're lucky you aren't face to face with me. I tend to swear a lot.
I know what I've said and I honestly don't regret it! So what if I hate Peeta? Why does it matter to you? I do think it would be funny if Peeta ran into thew fence and died! And THG123 I don't deny saying that because I did and I'm not sorry for it. Just let me think what I wanna think I'm not going to "Open up my mind" to Peeta because I hate him. And you don't know me so how can you say I don't care about any one but myself? You 2 are like the only ones who have a problem with me, maybe because you think your better because you like Peeta or something idk but honestly I really don't care. And seriously I'm lucky that I'm not face to face with you? Oh you're so cool cause you can beat up a 13 year old! So go ahead and make pointless remarks as such but I stand up for Gale and apparently some people have a problem with that, so you know what I'm not "going to get lost" because The Hunger Games is my favorite book in the wholllllllle world and 2 Team Peeta fans aren't gonna ruin that for me!
In that case just leave the forum. Besides I didn't say I was going to beat you up, I never do hands-on fights. I meant I'd swear. Oh and you think I say this because I'm cool? HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THAT THIS IS A FRICKIN' DEBATE!? Oh and we make pointless remarks? You have serious issues if you don't care about dead children. I'm glad I never took back calling you stubborn, in fact I also think you're naive, gullible and irritating and a whole lot of other things so there! Leave us alone and resume your worshiping of Gale. We never asked you to come.
So it's okay for you to say you'd think it'd be funny if Peeta ran into the fence and died, but we can't say Gale should have died? And we're the ones with the double standards? I've tired so hard to like you. To remember that you're 13 years old and you just don't understand yet. But you make it so hard. And now that I think about it, I'm really sorry. I'm so sorry that you're that single minded. That you aren't willing to open up to other ideas. You're going to live a very boring life if you keep that mentality up. We were never asking you to not like Gale, or at least I wasn't, I'm not sure about HG123 or Arissa1422. We just wanted you to understand why we like Peeta. But every time we say he's so sweet or that we love how much he cares about Katniss, you tell us you hate Peeta and wish he died. You just say Gale is better, I don't care about Peeta he sucks. Why is it so unreasonable for you to like Peeta, but just not as much as Gale? Why do you have to love Gale and Hate Peeta? Can you understand how frustrating it is to try and have a conversation with someone who isn't willing to open their mind up to new ideas? I was so angry at you for how you were talking to us, but now I'm just disappointed in you. I really thought we could get you to at least try to open up. But, with things how they are right now, you're just going to stay ignorant. Until you grow up a little I guess.
Thank you for understanding :)
You really are a bug.

So HG123 have you decided between Justice and Holland.
idk! I hate (love) how you can convince people of almost anything. What do you think?
Lol I'm not sure if I should hate that about myself. But, apparently I can't convince everyone.
IDK! It's been driving me nuts for the last two days. And you guys weren't on so I had no one to talk to about it. Holland hasn't been in as many things as Justice, so it's more difficult to see who's the better actress b/c I can't compare them. I wish I knew if Holland could sing, but I can't find anything.*grumbles*
een jaar geleden Lol_Cat101 said…
angry
yeah that would be nice : )

did anybody remember the part of how Katniss was yelling at Gale to shoot her but he didnt cause
she hadn't shot him before, that just makes him a super jerk!
angry
oh and the the colour that describes peeta best is bright yellow, like the first dandelion of spring.

I had like Gale in the first book but i almost instantly realised that they were never going to end up together when Katniss talked to him about running away and in the end he insulted her and made her guilty. He didnt come to her aid after the hunger games to scare away the nightmares, he didnt understand what she was going through.
Although in catching fire Gale seemed brave and wanted to protect those he loved at all cost by the end of mackingjay he was bloodthirsty, cruel, cunning, calculating, and just couldnt understand.
All through mockingjay he watch Katniss wallow in the pits of despair, cling to sanity, and try to fend of depression. But instead helping her he just made it worse by fighting with her. (i was practically yelling at him to just try and help his best friend out!)
silver93,

I just searched Willa Holland's singing ability, there's nothing. However like many movies, they can just get a good singer and have Willa lip sync. I don't think anyone's going to give Justice a chance so I think the possibility is very very slim.

Lol_cat101

I actually don't remember that part, I've been reading quite a few of other novels and I probably just forgotten so I'll just read the book over. I agree simply to everything you have said. Gale turned into a jerk and people have got to admit it.
een jaar geleden Primrose8297 said…
wow. i missed quite an arugement a few days ago, didn't i! and i totally agree with you!
But, I hate that. It's like there are two different actresses playing the part. Maybe she can sing, she just hasn't done any singing yet. Anne Hathaway can sing, but she didn't flaunt it so people didn't know for years. I'm really pissed at all the attention this Hailee girl is getting. I don't want a 13 year old playing Katniss. She should at least be 16. As for Justice, you never know. It's not really the people who's choice that'd be, it'd be the casting people and her. She may not even be interested in the part or even know about it. I think if she tried out the casting people would give her a chance, she just would have to try out. How much longer are they going to make us wait to find out?*starts banging head against wall*
Did you guys hear the news on Kaya? She and her boyfriend hit a teenager with a car and caused the teen to lose his eyesight. And now she has to go to court and overall she's in big trouble. I know this is terrible news, and I'm not saying I'm happy about this, no, I feel really sad at the moment but don't you think people will now start to consider Willa?
laugh
Whoa!
i hope they put Willa in Katniss's role i really like her.

lol have u ever noticed that is u spell Katniss's and check spelling it comes up with Catnip's (on my computer any way)
That poor girl is probably having the worst months of her life. She lost her dad less than four months ago and now she has to deal with this? I feel terrible for her.
I don't think it will affect Willa, but people may be less likely to like Kaya. The problem with Willa is that not enough people know about her. She really is relatively unknown. Someone needs to contact her and tell her to try out for the part.
lol_cat101,

Yes I did notice that, mine's actually auto-correct so it change's it to Catnip's automatically. Quite irratating having to type it twice. Lol.

Silver93,

I know! I feel so horrible for her. She's probably so depressed now, the poor girl. Her boyfriend is from that show "shamless" and so a teenage boy recognized him and tried to talk to Kaya's boyfriend, but he ignored him and went to his car (Kaya was in the car) and the boy stood in front of the car to get him to talk, and Kaya's boyfriend (who's name I have forgotten) slowly moved the car to try to get him to back off but it resulted in him hitting the car and somehow losing his eyesight. And then he and Kaya left the boy there and tried to drive away. So it's mainly not her fault.
"She really is relatively unknown"
Yes but that's what most people want, an unknown or a less popular actress. We just need to spread the word. So this isn't going to be easy.
een jaar geleden samoangirl96 said…
Ahhh!! I don't want to read the comments in this forum, but I'm tempted too! I'm like nearly done with Mockingjay. I don't want to ruin it by reading all these comments but I'm SOO tempted!
@samonagirl look at the later comments, it's mostly random.

It sounds like it was a combination of her boyfriend and the fan's fault. He shouldn't have been standing in front of the car and definitely should have gotten the hell out of the way once it started moving. Boyfriend shouldn't have taken off though.

What pisses me off about Willa is that when I go tell people about her, because she's been in stuff, even though it's only a couple of things that weren't even that big, they say no she's not an unknown. It's so stupid. It's not like she's a household name. I had no idea who she was until someone else suggested her on another site.
i had no idea who she was until sum1 suggested it on this site and i looked her up!
Really? I've posted a couple pics of her on this site.
samoangirl96
It's mostly very random stuff, we just skip topic to topic but there are some MAJOR spoilers on this Forum so it would sort of ruin the book for you. I don't recommend it but you're free to look if you'd like :D (there's some drama going on in some of these comments.)

lol_cat
Yes it's probably silver93's pics that changed your opinion. Please try to spread the word!! :DDDD

silver93,

yes it was your brilliant idea to put pics of her. There's still some very good pics that make her look like Katniss that are not on this site.
cloudy
hey i know you guys like harry potter and i really want to read it but i cant be bothered... can u convince me?
Hmm? I know there are more pictures of her. I just thought I had done a decent job of telling everyone on this site about her.

O.o You can't be bothered...HAH? Harry Potter is EPIC. It's one of the greatest stories ever told! It's got humor, adventure, a little bit of romance and it is extremely well thought out. I never get tired of reading the books. Also, if you not be bothered(I'm cringing every time I think of the idea) to read Harry Potter has anything to do with the movies, you should know the books are ten times better than the movies. Not that the movies aren't good or anything, but there is no way to re-create the magic that is Harry Potter. It's the only thing that tops my Hunger Games obsession.

HG123 Who do you like for Peeta and Gale?
ok thx, ill start reading them once i get ova the hunger games, (omg Prim)
i get emotional every time i think of her!
smile
I like this pic of Willa H.
i still can't get over how amazing the hunger games trilogy is. and i finished the book three months ago!
which picture?
and yeah i know they're amazing.
yeah. i just started new moon yesterday and it just didn't feel right!
What do you mean and which picture?
een jaar geleden samoangirl96 said…
Well i finished the book:) I don't know why most people don't like Mockingjay. I thought it was really good! I'm SOOO happy that Peeta and Katniss end up together!
It's just depressing. People want to live in magical worlds filled with rainbows and bunnies.
worried
the pic wouldn't post
Silver, I know right! I think happily ever after would be dead borning!
Primrose, I totally agree with u,their just awesome!
kiss
Who do u think is going to playfinnick?
smile
probably someone that's totally hot, because he's like the taylor launter in those books!