The Hunger Games KAYA SHOULD NOT BE KATNISS

hgamesgirl96 posted on Dec 24, 2010 at 05:32PM
PLEASE READ ALL OF IT OR DON’T REPLIE AT ALL

I hate how people are so hung up on Kaya being Katniss, because some of you go on to ever fan site you can find and when some suggests someone else to be Katniss you write something like this

PLEASE NOOO!!!!!!! FOR THE LAST TIME I AM GOING TO SAY THIS…..SHE IS WAY!!!TOYOUNG!!!i mean come on!!she’s like my age and actor or not she is not mature enough for this role!!!and i don’t mean like she’s goofy or anything but the role is just way to old for her!!!like i am mature and i don’t even think i can play the part because of all the violence and kissing….just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CONSIDER WHAT I SAY!!!!!!!plus even though she kind of have the looks its nothing like i pictured katniss..i don’t know about you but i pictured her average height, deffenitally skinny(but not like skin and bones)cause she is well under fed..plus she has long BLACK hair and well OLDER!!!!! i mean really cause in the first book she’s like 16 second book like 17 and third book like 18 and then they talk about her when she’s married and has kids!!!!think about NO ONE THAT AGE CAN LOOK THAT OLD IN A MATTER OF 3 MOVIES….FOR THAT SEEN SHE WOULD ONLY LOOK LIKE 16 AND THATS NOT RIGHT!!!!!!SO PLEASE DON’T PICK HER!!!!!seriosly though if she plays katniss my review of the movie will like plummit because hello she’s is the lead role!!!!!!!!!!!!JUST BE CAREFUL ABOUT YOUR DECISION!!!!! KAYA FOR KATNISS she is the best person to play Katniss

This comment really throw me over the edge with the fact that on that same page there were about 55 other comments on how Kaya is the only one for the role. And here about three things you Kaya for Katniss fan need to think about

1.Kaya isn’t the great actress ever (heck the Hailee Steinfeld girl that has been put in the line for being Katniss has only done one other thing and has been Nominated 16 things and all of them have to do with best actress or best young performer)
2.Kaya may not be as interested in it as you would hope she be
3.She doesn’t actual look like Katniss that much other than her hair and her eye (which Danielle Chuchran has show us can be easily changed)

MY PERSONAL OPINION: that Kaya looks like a drunken deer in the headlight girls that would completely screw up Katniss and it will be Twilight all over again and none of us want that to happen now do we. And any ways I wanted my Katniss American accent to be real not something someone has spent hours learning how to do. And I think she sucks and I hate how much some you our hung up on here getting the role it`s time you think about some other people being the role because if she doesn’t get the role you’re going to hate the movie because it and I would rather that not happen.

I am sorry to anyone that feels offended by this but it was time that Kaya got some crap since you fans of hers completely hate on ever other choices. YOU KNOW I WOULD LIKE KAYA A WHOLE LOT MORE IF YOU FANS OF HERS DIDN`T TRASH EVERY OTHER PERSON SUGGESTED AND END IT WITH KAYA FOR KATNISS FOREVER
 PLEASE READ ALL OF IT of DON’T REPLIE AT ALL I hate how people are so hung up on Kaya being K
last edited on Dec 24, 2010 at 05:33PM

The Hunger Games 12 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden Emsy_P said…
surprise
BURN!
een jaar geleden madcatwithrow said…
no, kaya is too HOLLYWOOOD. she is too pretty, and not fierce. they need a girl from like, kentucky, tennessee , some where they actually grew up in the woods,and can act fierce. and katniss doesnt, and has never had mcdonalds, which that means, no steroids. so she is going to look younger than she actually is. i DO NOT want an eighteen year old actress.that would SCREW IT UP.
een jaar geleden isabellalala said…
hmmm
To be frank, I think you need to learn to respect other people's opinions, and also there was no need to insult her appearance she's very pretty. I know there are few Kaya fans like that, but not all of them are, is it a crime to want someone who looks like the Katniss you imagined to be cast? No, so calm down.

You didn't really make any valid points hgamesgirl96, and that comes from someone else who doesn't want Kaya for Katniss either.
I have nothing against her, but she just isn't the Katniss I imagined when reading the book, but I understand why people think she does look like Katniss (the hair, eyes & build). I don't think she would be right for the role, she was good in Skins, but only good, not amazing, I do think there are much better people out there. Plus, I'm not sure about having an English actress (I'm English myself) just because of the accent. It would be horrid if she sounded really silly throughout three films wouldn't it... For me, she just isn't right :(

I'm a Lyndsy Fonseca fan myself, I think she would be really good. She was a total badass in Nikita :D
een jaar geleden jenn734 said…
I personally think Kaya is very pretty. As for playing Katniss Im on the fence. I love some of the actresses pictured on here that are unknowns, ones a Megan something, but I really think that no-one will live up to the standards of everyone.
I think the casting director will make the right choice, and if its Kaya, its not the worst thing to happen to the movie, but I am personally rooting for.... (Im not even sure who im rooting for haha)

But yeaah, everyone has their own opinions
een jaar geleden mayanskystone said…
i agree
een jaar geleden THG123 said…
big smile
No in my opinion, Kaya isn't Katniss. For one, she has pale skin, and don't tell me she can get a tan or put on makeup, no. If anyone has seen movies like that, you can completely tell either they are tanned or have makeup on since makeup smears and globs up on lines on skin. She also has some pretty rude pics of herself on the internet, that's kind of a burden to be reminded of while watching the movie. She has a british accent and you can't just let go of that, I have many friends from Australia and London who still have their accent and it's been like 4-5 years and she's had that accent since she could talk (Besides I'm not sure Suzanne intends Katniss to have a southern accent or an american accent.) She also is (No offense to her ofcourse) not that good of an actress to be able handle a role like this. I respect everyone's opinion, and understand your reasoning, but try to not stick to one detail and leave out several others. I personally like Willa Holland but am open to any other suggestions.
een jaar geleden silver93 said…
Woot!Go Willa Holland. I saw Kaya in Skins and I think her acting is pretty good. Her dad died recently so I think she'd be able to understand how Katniss feels about her dad. But I don't like that she is so pale and has a British accent. It'd be like if Hayley Joel Osment had really gotten cast for Harry Potter.
een jaar geleden THG123 said…
Definitely. That wouldn't have made sense.
een jaar geleden -Foxfang- said…
Ugh thanks for ruining the rest of the series. Oh well... I wouldn't have finished it anyways. And yeah I agree with you Trish.
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden goatheads369 said…
WOW, someone needs to calm down... I disagree with all of you reasons, 1. Kaya is an eccellent actress, i think she can play a stong defiant character, but still tap into Katniss's vulnerablity. 2. Kaya IS very interested in the part, she tweeted not to long ago that she would LOVE the part. 3. Everyone has different perspectives of what katniss looks like, to me it's spot on, but to you it isn't. Katniss isn't supposed to be GORGEOUS, even the books say so, i think whoever they pick, as long as she has simularities to katniss, they can make it work. And she is NOT to young! She is 18 almost 19, katniss is sixteen! I would HATE for anyone older than 18-19 play the part. If you've seen "skins" you would know she can play a character that does fighting/kissing. So i'm not saying your wrong, i'm just expressing my opinoin :)
een jaar geleden DTran said…
tongue
I think Kaya wears too much eyeliner. & COME ON! Ca we get someone in Ameria to play Katniss? NOT European
een jaar geleden Kait123 said…
sad
SHE SHOULDN'T BE KATNISS.

link

apparently her and her bf tried to run someone over and the guys lost his sight :O
just found out on another topic thing and its totally shocked me, but someone with those kind of charges associated with her shouldn't be playing an influential character like Katniss