Where The Wild Things Are "Let the wild rumpus begin!" - The 'Where The Wild Things Are' (BOOK & MOVIE) Spot!

misanthrope86 posted on Apr 03, 2008 at 03:39AM
Welcome to the 'Where The Wild Things Are' spot!

Feel free to post anything related to the book, maurice sendak, and Spike Jonze's upcoming flim adaptation!

Oh, and if anyone has any banners or icons that they would like for the official spot banner/icon, please submit them in the fanart section (for banners) and the icon section (for icons, duh!) of this spot! Thanks!
last edited on Apr 03, 2008 at 03:47AM

Where The Wild Things Are 9 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden DocJimbo said…
So, in the book, the quote is "Let the wild rumpus begin" and in the movie it's "Let the wild rumpus start"
How can they screw up one of the most important in the story?
een jaar geleden DocJimbo said…
I meant to say "how can they screw up one of the most important lines in the story?"
een jaar geleden misanthrope86 said…
hmmm
I'm not sure why the quote has changed. I mean, it isn't a mistake because I'm pretty sure Maurice Sendak would have picked up on that, but I guess they had some creative reasoning behind it.
een jaar geleden slimredninja said…
I think the reason is simply the actor flubbed their lines and the director just let it slide to save time and money.

[IMG]link
laugh
LOL! I'm pretty sure that given the amount they spent on the film, it wouldn't have mattered if they did another take! LOL!
een jaar geleden presley4108 said…
The book was actually published with the line: "And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"

The book was later re-printed with the word "begin."

The movie uses the original dialogue.
big smile
Wow! I never knew that! How did I miss that bit of information?!?! LOL! Thanks for clearing that up presley4108!
een jaar geleden mrmyiagi said…
I'm from sweden where the film didn't come to the cinema until this weekend. Saw it yesterday and loved it! maybe not as much as the book but still it was great. Yeah also thought of the line change, in my english version it says "begin", probably have the reprinted one then. Thanks for info
een jaar geleden mrmyiagi said…
oh yeah found this today, I'm also a fan of graffiti by the way and I love the mix!

link

the character is not fat enough but nice anyway!