Young Dracula A letter from BBC

Quendy posted on Aug 08, 2008 at 05:55PM
I don't know if I'm alowed to post this, please tell me if i can't :)

Dear Miss *my last name*

Thanks for your e-mail regarding 'Young Dracula'.

I understand you are unhappy that there are no plans for a third series of the programme.

While we know that the series was greatly enjoyed by our viewers, we have to consider CBBC as a whole and have to be mindful that with the very limited resources available to us the production of further series would affect other CBBC programmes.

(THIS IS THE BEST PART :D)
As you may be aware, we believe there is interest from an independent company to create a film centred on the same or similar characters.

I have registered your concerns on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's circulated to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

We are committed to developing better links with you, our audience, to further enhance our understanding of your viewing and listening needs and the audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.

Thanks once again for taking the time to contact the BBC.

Regards

Craig O'Connor
BBC Complaints

Young Dracula 22 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden Golden-Monk said…
btw you can psot this its is very similer to the one i got also it says nothing about it being made in a more mature style for bbc. think about that
ps i said nothing lol
een jaar geleden Quendy said…
Haha x)
een jaar geleden LandM said…
Thanks for posting, Quendy, I have also sent an email, now. I wonder what kind of reply I will/might get?
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden Golden-Monk said…
you wuill get the same expt maybe a difrent name at the bottom
Cool, thanks, Golden-Monk. If its anything different to you'rs I will post it here.
een jaar geleden babybell said…
lol i heard about that
I just got a reply to my email. It said a lot of the same things as yours, only a little different. :)
Okey, ^^
een jaar geleden spirited_away said…
they're all the same. and they're lying to us all. it is no longer true that there is interest from another company, they decided it wasnt for them back in April.
How do you know this, spirited_away?
What?
My thoughts, exactly. ^^
een jaar geleden spirited_away said…
coz i know everything! lol, im kidding. but i do know a LOT more than most people do.
its because i speak to joss agnew about YD quite a lot. i asked about this company in April and in the email he told me it was fragile firms at ealing studios - look it up they have a website. he said that they had emailed him saying 'it wasnt for them'.

and thats it. so, either the beeb are lying to everyone (which is something they /really/ shouldnt be doing) or there is renewed interest from said film company. either way, i dunno anymore about that, than what ive just said.
Stupid BBC ;)
*crosses fingers*
*crossing fingers to ;)*
een jaar geleden werepuppy said…
I'm leaning more to the side that 'Auntie Beeb' are lying to the fans to stop them asking. There was a period earlier this year where they did seem to go into a 'we said no so stop asking' mood.
een jaar geleden littlepwcca said…
Aww bugger! I was quite hopeful about a throwaway comment on Ben Mcgregor's Bebo page until I read spirited_away's reply that there are no film plans *sobs* You can see how I got my hopes up here: link He must be referring to another film...and for one wonderful moment I thought Christmas had come early! Almost made up for HBP being delayed another year...
Hm, it does look like it's been a while since that was updated littlepwcca, could it be he simply hasn't updated it yet? It is an interesting comment though...
een jaar geleden littlepwcca said…
Even if they did do a film, they may well replace all the kids with younger actors anyway, so much time would have passed they'll all look too old to play young teenagers! Most of them have actually got Facebook pages, though you can only see Luke Bridgeman's without being his friend. Had a look at his wall posts for any bits of goss...no news that he's filming anything, but from Claire's posts they had one helluva Dracula Party after filming series 2!
There is still hope...isnt there? Make-up can make children look a lot younger the they are.
Of coarse, that would only work if the actors agree to come back.
To be honest, I think the show would only really work if they got as much of the original cast back as possible. At the very least they have to have Terence Maynard and Keith Lee Castle back - they fitted their roles perfectly and they would be impossible to recast.
Not that the other roles wouldn't be difficult to recast but I feel like those two definied the characters brilliantly.