Comparative Religion I dont get it

adavila posted on Nov 13, 2008 at 11:03PM
I dont get the jesus came to save us part

I know he didnt saved us from sin because we still "sin"

so what did he did?

Comparative Religion 6 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden harold said…
I started to write my understanding of the concept here, but then I remembered that I'd already posted something very similar before. It took me a long time to find it again, but link.
een jaar geleden southern-belle said…
my prospective on this, though it may seem contrary to popular belief and possibly reflect more on Wiccan beliefs than Christian ones, is that when he died for our sins he died so that if we we're truly sorry at heart for all our sins and saw where we were wrong and strived for purification not only for ourselves but in sorrow for what we had done only becuase it hurt people other than ourselves, then we would not go to hell, we would either (depending on severity) get a second chance at life to do it better or be let into to Heaven(or whatever positive afterlife you believe in). and therefore because He died for our sins, no one would go to hell as long as they are repentful of all they'd done wrong.
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden jennabug121 said…
heart
He came to take away our bondage from sin. So what that means is if you except Him your sins are taken away. So when you sin again it automatically is taken away. we no longer have to sacrifice or go to a priest to confess our sins, we can go directly to Him. Also if anything it also shows how much love He has for us :)
een jaar geleden ruby1000 said…
I dont think he was saving us from sin more than he came to be the bridge between us and god. My understanding was he was not so much saving us from sin but giving people a way that they could still be good by believing in jesus as the son of god.

This is just my understand but I am not christian so I don't know how accurate it is...
een jaar geleden jennabug121 said…
what u said is also true ruby 1000
een jaar geleden Dada said…
@ruby1000 That is a good summary. He wasn't necessarily giving people a way to be good though because we are not good, but he came to be the bridge.