Cowboy Bebop The ending

harold posted on Jan 09, 2007 at 02:27AM
I'm not sure what I think of the "Blake's 7" ending of this series. I loved the series, and how well character was communicated by the animation, pacing, as well as the delivery of the voice over talent (in Japanese, of course - no idea and no particular interest in what the dubs sound like), but the characters all seemed amazingly resigned to what was going to happen at the end of "Cowboy Bebop". I'm not sure that I like that, or that it rings true for me.

Cowboy Bebop 6 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden sugartish said…
The dub is actually pretty good. One of the best anime dubs out there from what I've seen so far. I agree with you in regards to the ending though, but you have to admit that the last line from Spike was a nice touch.

Have you checked out Shinichiro Watanabe's, Samurai Champloo? I actually found myself liking that series more than CB.
een jaar geleden harold said…
No, I haven't yet, but on your recommendation I will check it out.
een jaar geleden Trins_xxx said…
I have to say, I haven't seen the ending yet, but I love the tragedy of it all. It always seemed to me, from the start, that all of the characters were tragic characters. They all suffered such pain; they were all so lonely, despite being with each other at times; they all seemed doomed in a lot of ways. And I do admire this series for actually ending their series by killing what must be one of their favourite characters.

As for Spike being resigned, I haven't seen the ending so I can't comment on it properly. But I can imagine that that would be the way he would choose to deal with his past. Faye dealt with her demons by refusing to trust people or let her cracks/vulnerability show. Jet did it by facing his demons head on. Spike did it the way he would do it - destroying all of it, even if it meant destroying himself! In a way, I can in fact see him being resigned to it, but I'll have to wait and see it before I can properly comment. :)
een jaar geleden MrsSpooky said…
cool
Who says he died? link
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden Storystuff said…
hmmm
Ok, I'll sound like a noob but can sum1 please explain why bebop is linked with blake 7???? I dunno. If ure on about the actually anime ending then I thought the "resigned" spike wasn't really resigned. He was curious and he stated that he wasn't going there to die so he can't hav been too resigned. And also, if u'd recieved wounds like that towards the end I guess u'd b pretty resigned 2!!! But, without julia he had nothing left 2 live 4 so I guess thats y he seemed resigned
een jaar geleden GVentola said…
hmmm
I have mixed feelings about the ending. On the one hand, it was so fascinating it started me on my love affair with anime, a genre where anything can happen. On the other hand, well, Spike dies. I was rewatching the episodes in order one time and I couldn't bring myself to watch the last two episodes again. Too painful.