Criminal Minds CBS Decision to brand AJ Cook - What Do u Think?

Terra5 posted on Jun 15, 2010 at 06:38AM
Ausiello Files : "There was blood shed on the set of Criminal Minds today, only this time it was behind the scenes. Sources confirm that producers have opted not to pick up A.J. Cook’s contract option for next season. Which is a fancy way of saying girlfriend was fired!"
Paget will also have her scenes reduced... how is this sitting with you as loyal fands of the series??

Personally - I AM PISSED!!! The 'big boys' at CBS are ripping the heart out of one of the BEST shows they've got going in their line up. AJ is a veteran - there since day one. Paget stepped in exceptionally well to fill the Lola void. And now - the TWO female leads are being treated as "disposable".

My vote....BOO on you CBS.

If you really want to register your opinion...here is their web address with a form for email...link

Criminal Minds 46 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden allyxx said…
crying
booooooo on cbs i shall cry my eyes out if they get ri of emily...... she needs her hotch........ screw you cbs
een jaar geleden Im_Scooter said…
angry
I am furious!!!! Seriously, what the hell is going on? Why just all of a sudden "Oh hey, you are not important, your fired" That is bullshit! If they really are having financial troubles, CUT THE SPINOFF! DON'T RUIN THE BEST CAST EVER!!!!! I could go on forever, but i have two more things to say. First, AJ and Paget, we love you both and if CBS does cut you, we won't forget you and CBS WILL be getting an earfull from us Criminal minds fans. And two, CBS, this is a load of crap and right now, you are too to me.
een jaar geleden HouseAddict87 said…
angry
Was there any inclination of this happening? Were there fights among the cast behind the scenes? WTF is going on? This decision is not only uncalled for and unnecessary but sexist as well! CBS sucks!
een jaar geleden HouseAddict87 said…
I wrote a letter regarding this decision; thanks for the link Terra5!
een jaar geleden Terra5 said…
Thanks guys....keep sending your letters of protest to CBS - there is a petition as well as a private complaints site! We are rallying the troops on My Space, Facebook and Twitter...there WILL BE A FIGHT to keep the girls!!!

Terra
een jaar geleden suu said…
sad
My twitter timeline is flooded with tweets from angry CM fans.

I just can't believe this.

WTF CBS??

I'm sorry but I don't think I'll be watching CM if my favorite actress isn't there.
een jaar geleden Fan2950 said…
angry
Those LIARS at CBS are now saying it is NOT a money issue but one of creative differences????? WTF does that mean????? Get your press releases on the same page BOYS! Now I am really pissed off - not only am I being cheated out of the full CM experiece with a cast I know and LOVE - now those asses at CBS are LYING to us!!! Stay on the emails people and sign the petitions.

One final thought - they are ALSO FIRING HENRY!!!! Assholes - he's not even 2 yet!!!!
een jaar geleden suu said…
angry
So, let me get this straight. They're cutting off a cast member that has been there every since the first season and adding a new female cast member because, apparently, they see it as "a way to refresh a veteran drama series"?

Seriously, CBS??
een jaar geleden randomach said…
crying
its sad dat she's gettin fired cuz she is brill on de show
een jaar geleden nikki8green6 said…
hmmm
If they fire AJ and limit Paget's screen time, they will more than likely lose alot of viewers and they're ratings will drop. How could they possibly see this as a way to 'refresh' the show??
een jaar geleden iluvtheshow said…
Ridiculous! CBS is going to kill one of the best crime dramas on TV... I don't know whose idea of "creative" this is but I think they need to get off whatever pills they are taking and pay attention to us fans!
 Ridiculous! CBS is going to kill one of the best crime dramas on TV... I don't know whose idea of "cr
een jaar geleden aggy said…
angry
I love Criminal Minds. But with no AJ and with just limit Paget's
screen time ( Prentiss is my favorite character ) I don't think I will keep watching it. I hate cbs now!!!!!!!!
een jaar geleden karmababy said…
angry
wuz? they be messin' wit muh gurlz? NFW - bite me cbs! dont u read the studies - gurl power = $$$ - we work - we buy. and if JJ goes and Prentiss goes - you can kiss my view time and $$$ good-bye!!
een jaar geleden evil-twin said…
If you are really mad like me....sign the online petition....it only takes two minutes and you may save a CM LIFE!!!

link
een jaar geleden HuntingHumans said…
One thing that really irks me is CBS is renewing Charlie Sheen contract for almost 2 million per episode for his part in Two and a Half Men, sure it is a decent show but come on 2 million an episode that is ridiculous. Another thing is they must have foreseen the financial problems so why make a spin off with Forest Whitaker? It will be interesting to see how much Forest is going to be making per episode.
een jaar geleden allyxx said…
angry
SCREW CBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
een jaar geleden doctor-reid said…
angry
WTF IS WITH THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
You now have a PHONE number and FAX to express your displeasure. You can do two FREE faxes per day! This IS her direct line - her secretary (Tina) is very nice but will try to reroute your call - don't let her..insist on talking to Nina Tassler!!! Go for it ppls
 u now have a PHONE number and FAX to express your displeasure. u can do two FREE faxes per day!
More for your viewing pleasure...feel free to take and POST
 meer for your viewing pleasure...feel free to take and POST
Another one to email, fax or mail....
 Another one to email, fax of mail....
smile
Not sure if this will interest anyone but it looks like JEZEBEL.com has picked up this story, which is great. The more exposure the harder it will be for CBS to ignore the fans. Anyways, here's the link if you'd like to read their story..

link
een jaar geleden lovedrreid said…
angry
fuck CBS, tho i'll still watch, but this is total bullshit. I've signed the petition and am making my way to another complaint on cbs' website for my 6th complaint!
angry
Then you guyz are gonna love this...CBS is now doing damage control by releasing their "spin" on the story through third party sites... check this out
link
it is PRIMETIMED - CBS-affiliate blog spot - supposedly unbiased....NOT!

Please stop and leave a comment about how pissed you are about them using their sites to plant negative info on the cuts (click on ABOUT on their page to see the blog links to CBS)
surprise
Whoever wrote that has no idea what they're talking about. The fans aren't just saying that CBS is only being 'sexist' (even though it does kinda seem that way) fans are also saying that the reasons for the decisions they've made make no sense.
een jaar geleden LTboy said…
hmmm
If it's not rectified I am done with cm and cbs - to fire aj who is great makes no sense and worse to mess with my awesome girl paget makes less sense...

@Hitmaam on Twitter said it best: "Why would anyone think it was a good idea to mess with fans of a serial killer show?" :)
LOL.. I agree, if their reasonings for making these changes are truly justifiable then fine, I will be terribly sad to see AJ go and less ofPaget on the show. However, I still think that if they knew that they were going to be making changes to the cast, they could have at least put up a poll or something so that they could have foreseen this as the terrible mistake it is. Whatever their reasonings, justifiable or otherwise, they will certainly lose alot of viewers for next season.
een jaar geleden crjjen said…
im with all of you, the thought that the show will have to change after 6 years is crazy!unfair! and just plain stupid! Ajs character has been one of my favorites, and it took me some time to get used to Paget but now i cant imagine the show without her! There isnt anything i can say that you guys havent but its still wrong!!
big smile
I love you guys - did you know that as soon as you started responding to this bullshit blog by a CBS blog writer that THEY PULLED it - it is now gone. If you missed it and want a copy - email me and I will send it to you! Thanks for going to her site and making your feelings known - it is working!!!!

link
it is PRIMETIMED - CBS-affiliate blog spot - supposedly unbiased....NOT!
big smile
It may have supposedly been unbiased but she was totally dissing all the fans.. WTF?? I'm glad they pulled it though, it never should have been posted..
een jaar geleden atob211 said…
im so pissed at cbs for this!
een jaar geleden AaronHaley4ever said…
hmmm
I think they tried to do it last year to Thomas, too! Remember how everyone thought he was leaving after "To Hell" "and Back" aired until he addressed an online letter to his fans? I found an article at the time (am trying to find it again...as of yet having no luck but will post a link ASAP) that said CBS wanted to write out one of the key characters for season 5 to "improve ratings". I think that's why he had the "is he or is he not leaving the BAU" plotline that dragged out for 10 episodes...I think they tried to get rid of Thomas but he fought them so now they're going after somebody else! I would've thought they learned...
I found a new site! Wait till you read this:

link
een jaar geleden book_lover777 said…
This is horrible!!! I found a petition site, and I hope all of you will sign it.
link

Already signed :)
Thanks guys - your responses are AWESOME...and just to let you know - the petition has OVER 33,000 signatures on it now. If CBS will not listen to our concerns (they have YET to issue any response) then it is time to take concerns to the show sponsors.

Here is the sponsor list - send them your email rant and tell them how your $ will impact their bottom line if AJ Cook and Paget Brewster are cut. Shoot - now I cannot find the link - stay tuned - in the meantime - here is a site with email addys and phone #'s for CBS Execs....- call and email them!!!

link

Thanks so much - you are awesome!
Did you guys know that KV signed the petition to keep them on the show? Love her!
een jaar geleden jazz101 said…
angry
I AM PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN THEY DO THIS IT IS COOMPLETE WORNG AND SEXIST THEY TAKE AWAY AJ COOK YET THEY CAN'T TAKE CHARLIE AWAY AND HE BEAT HIS WIFE AND TWO STOLEN CARS OF HIS WERE FOUND IN A DITCH. BUT NO HE IS STILL GETTING PAID 2 MILLION AN EPISODE. THEN THEY CUT AWAY EMILY SLOWLY AS WELL. GUESS THAT MEANS THEY JUST LOST TONS OF THEIR FANS. SHAME ON THEM.
een jaar geleden KellyButton said…
Y'all can also participate in this snail mail campaign to help save AJ & Paget...

link
een jaar geleden goose29 said…
angry
I found this on the criminalmindsfanaticblog and I thought you would enjoy this. If only it could work...
 I found this on the criminalmindsfanaticblog and I thought u would enjoy this. If only it could wor
een jaar geleden Fan2950 said…
cool
Goose
That is awesome! Thanks for the repost!

CBS - suck on this!!!!
een jaar geleden gosselinfan626 said…
I don't understand the logic behind this decision at all. Clearly dropping AJ and lowering Pagets role is not helping anyone at all. Sign the petition!
link over 40800 signatures!

Thanks guys for keeping this thread alive - if you have a twitter account you can check out SaveTheCMLadies - they have organized a twitter campaign as well as a Tumblr account with petitions and other news on progress.

Thanks! Keep signing the petitions!!!
een jaar geleden grigorits said…
now i just keep wishing that CM creators change their minds after some episodes and they decide to hire back AJ and she will be back after lets say 7 episodes. Similar to Delco in CSI Miami. Keep hoping
een jaar geleden Katie111 said…
laugh
It makes sense because she was a character who brought nothing to the show. She was boring and just a pretty face. Any sane person will not miss her.
een jaar geleden calisson said…
crying
i really think tht´s kind of foolish...they should keep both AJ and Paget,which with Ms Vangness are the best ones...
een jaar geleden reid4infinity said…
wink
im kinda glad aj is leavin...dont burn my house down, but they should give jordan the media liaisson spot. i feel jj just kinda...gets in the way. (please dont kill me aj fans) . but yeah, paget STAYS.