Federal Bureau of Investigation
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is a law enforcement and intelligence agency of the United States of America. The FBI team in Japan responsible for the investigation of the Black Organization consists of many agents lead by James Black.
The FBI has been investigating the Black Organization for at least twenty years. The first known clash occurred when Vermouth killed Jodie's father and burned his house down to destroy the FBI files on her. Then the seven year old Jodie was placed in witness protection and later became an FBI investigator in her father's footsteps. Five years prior to the current timeline, FBI agent Shuichi Akai infiltrated the Black Organization in Japan using the alias Dai Moroboshi and dated Akemi Miyano, one of their low-ranking members, in order to meet Shiho Miyano and use her influence to get into the Black Organization. Shuichi distinguished himself as an agent and two years prior to the current timeline received the codename Rye and was called to work under executive agent Gin. The FBI laid a trap hoping to capture Gin at a warehouse where the meeting was supposed to take place, but because agent Andre Camel mistakenly revealed himself, the Organization discovered Shuichi's true allegiance and Gin never appeared.
Their current target is Vermouth, an executive agent close to the boss whose current cover role is Chris Vineyard, a famous American actress. Hoping to capture Vermouth, a team of FBI agents lead by James Black followed her to Japan and began an investigation kept secret from the Japanese authorities.
- Shuichi Akai - The most feared FBI agent. He is considered the FBI's trump card because of his deductive, information-gathering, and planning skills, and accumulated knowledge of the Black Organization from his prior infiltration. The Black Organization believes he died after ordering Kir to kill him, but Akai faked his death with her help and is undercover as Subaru Okiya.
- Jodie Starling - A star investigator with a personal vendetta against Vermouth. She takes a cover job as an English teacher at Teitan high school.
- James Black - The highest rank agent of the FBI in Japan. He originally is from Chicago.
- Andre Camel - A physically huge agent with a scary face who is a skilled driver. Andre promised to help Shuichi Akai after his mistake resulted in Shuichi Akai's rejection from the Black Organization.
- Jodie Starling's father - He was an agent killed 20 years ago by Vermouth and his files on her burned. Jodie wears his old glasses that she saved.
- Tim - anime only. He drives a Silver Volvo S80 Gen.1 [TS]. He is voiced by Tōru Ōkawa.
- Bill - anime only. Conan uses his voice to simulate with Akai their meeting and allow Eisuke to sneak into Kir's chamber. He is voiced by Takashi Nagasako.
- Jeff - anime only. He is voiced by Biichi Satō.
- Meyer - anime and manga. He is voiced by Tōru Furusawa.
- Hodges - anime only. He is voiced by Katsumi Toriumi.
- Ishida - anime and manga. She is an agent disguised as nurse during the Haido Central Hospital case against Rikumichi Kusuda. She is voiced by Yuki Masuda.