Doctor Who Rubric/Scoring chart

purplesnitch posted on Oct 23, 2014 at 05:46PM
I am trying to make a rubric for A Doctor Who episode, companion or Doctor, to rank them out of either 10 or 100, I'm not sure yet. Any ideas of important things that make a Doctor, companion, or episode so amazing? And whether it should be out of 10 or 100?

Doctor Who 4 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden DW_girl said…
An episode should be a combination of entertainment (it keeps you interested), a threatening/frightening monster, great characterisation (all characters are written well and serve good purposes), a clever and believable solution to the story, and a creative concept/story, amongst other things like directing, imagery, music, special effects, no plot holes, etc...
So you could have 10 sections to score each episode out of, and mark each section out of 10, so that you have a possible total score of 100...
The Doctor should be a combination of a likeable personality, good morals, a sense of humour (often with a dark side to him though), and one that is always determined to save others selflessly, amongst things like a good costume, great quotes and epic speeches, and their relationship with companions and allies.
A companion should have a curiosity for adventure, and they are often quite feisty and strong-headed. I think they should also have a life of their own (not devote all their life to the Doctor),and they should be relatable (have imperfections and do normal everyday human things), and they should be there to make sure the Doctor doesn't go far. They should also be caringand kind, in addition to having a believable well written background story, and a steady development during their time in the Tardis...

These are all just suggestions of what I think makes an episode, Doctor and Companion amazing, so my opinions on that could differ from yours. Hope this helps though!
een jaar geleden purplesnitch said…
Thanks that really helped :)
een jaar geleden purplesnitch said…
This was my final rubric for an episode:

Entertainment - 20 pts
Threatening monster - 10 pts
Characterization - 15 pts
Solution - 15 pts
Concept - 15 pts
SFX and music - 10 pts
Acting - 15 pts

and -3 per plothole
een jaar geleden DW_girl said…
smile
That sounds like it will work! Good luck with it and have fun! Glad I could be of help :)