Dr. James E. Wilson New Spot icoon Contest!

Bery posted on Nov 02, 2009 at 09:17PM
People have voted in favour of a new icon for the spot
link
So we have yet another contest! :)

Rules:

Anyone can enter with one submission and there's a maximum of 3 submissions per person.

Size has to be 100x100.

Anything from seasons 1 to 5 goes, and from season 6 only until episode Brave Heart.

Make sure that the icon doesn't clash with the new banner, it doesn't necessarily have to be black and white, but it does need to fit with the banner.

I'm keeping the submissions open till November 16th included, so you have two weeks to do it. Good luck everyone! =D

Dr. James E. Wilson 14 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden Aivi said…
smile
Hurray!
You're lucky I haven't closed my photoshop yet, I'll try to make something now before I'll go to sleep.

But I have a little question:
You said the icon has to fit with the banner, but it doesn't have to be black and white. I can't really think of icons that can go well with tha banner, I only see some sad stuff in black and white. So after the long scroll: It has to be kind of sad/dark icon or I can [somehow] try and make a happy one that will go [somehow] with the banner?
een jaar geleden Bery said…
^ It doesn't have to fit perfectly, just try something that doesn't clash much with the banner.
The theme of the icon can be whatever you want, sad/happy/neutral, it all goes :)
een jaar geleden misanthrope86 said…
smile
Thanks for the message Bery, something is super-wrong with my updates at the moment!
I cheated and made far too many. Once I start iconing Wilson, I can't stop!

So here are my top three, I guess:
link
link
link

And here are the rest, if anyone needs any inspiration for scenes or episodes to use:
link
link
link
link

Unfortunately, I only have Paint and Microsoft Image Editor, so I can't do anything fancy, and the image quality always degrads. So I am more than happy if someone with better technology wants to use the same images that I did to make them look a bit better.
last edited een jaar geleden
^ Do new forum topics appear in updates anyway? I dont think they do :/

LOL you really got inspired xD
Making Wilson icons can be addictive, ask Aivi about it :P

Missy and anyone else who's interested in entering the contest, I use this online image editor that works great for me, it's really cool, check it out! link
hmmm
No they don't, but when I check to see recently updated forums in this spot, they aren't always there. Its weird...
I worked on some icons the whole freaking day, and I got nothing. NOTHING. I'm such a failure! ><

I'll try to make something cool now, I don't have my math course tomorrow so I can go to sleep late :P

Oh, and making Wilson icons is sooooo addictive, once I start I can't stop! And it's really good to make some when you're pissed, it's the best cure for that.
smile
OK, I managed [somehow] to make 2 icons. Only 2. Shame on me ><
Anyways, here are they:
link
link

I went on the black and white motif, I think they kind of match the banner.
I put some colors in them, so it won't be too boring xD

I prefer the 2nd icon as the spot icon, but the 1st icon is cool as well I guess.

@misanthrope86, if you want I can take your top 3 icons and try to make them look better if you want :)
een jaar geleden Olivine said…
hm i made those:

link
link
link
een jaar geleden oldmovie said…
I made these:
link
link

But for the third one, I can't pick between the black and white one or the color one, could you guys say which one you prefer?

link
link
@oldmovie, I think the color one is better, but if you want to make sure you can make a pick or something... :)
Yeah, I only just uploaded my icons for the contest, 10 of them actually, and haven't even decided which ones I'm gonna submit.
I fail at meeting deadlines D: **hides is shame**
My love for Wilson definitely doesn't come from relating to him x)

I'm gonna make the pick tomorrow when hopefully I wont be as sad as right now (because of the new epi). I'm allowing all entries until I make the pick tomorrow afternoon.

Hope you guys can forgive my innate lameness <333
smile
These are my icons

link
link
link

I'm gonna start making the pick now!
I left a comment on the pick, but didn't get a response. We should have a final round with the top 2 icons since it is so close between them.