FIFA World Cup South Africa 2010 Waka Waka - discussing the World Cup

playingcold posted on Jun 16, 2010 at 08:45PM
Hi, football/soccer fans!

I started this thread to discuss the matches, the players and everything in the topic World Cup. I think, it's easier to do this here than with commenting the picks.

Please, feel free to write down your thoughts and opinions with respect to other fans :)

Let the fun begin!

FIFA World Cup South Africa 2010 47 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden katie15 said…
Well I hate Portugal because they are cheaters.
England is my team but I don't have hope for them at the moment..

Don't know what else to say..
een jaar geleden playingcold said…
smile
Don't give your hopes up! :) At least England tied with USA. Switzerland defeated Spain... There's no way, England and Spain won't be in the 16. If it happens, I won't watch the Cup.
Or I will support North Korea :D I sympathize with them.

Do you have a favorite player?
last edited een jaar geleden
It just annoys me because if the stupid English goalie hadn't done that stupid blunder, England would have won! I am so nervous for the game on friday, I mean, anything could happen...
I actually sorta wanted North Korea to win, it would have been funny if they did lol...
I think the only team I really hate is Portugal and I'm not liking USA at the moment, as you can imagine lol.
And I have lots of favourite football players. In the England team I'm in love with Steven Gerrard XD I also like Kaka in Brazil XD Both hotties XD
I actually didn't realise that England was a popular team for non-British ppl lol.
What's your fav player?
big smile
England is very popular. One of my friends really liked the team when Michael Owen was in it. She is real a fan of him and I also think he is cute ;)

Hungary's national team is well... Kinda non-existent :D For 20-30-40 years the football was great but nowadays the games are very boring. So I root for Spain.
My favorite player is Iker Casillas. I saw him first in 2002 on the World Cup where he became a hero. I saw how he did magic on the field and I only realized a day later that he is really hot :D They suffered a lot between 2002 and 2008 but I didn't give my hopes up. So I was very happy when Spain won the European Championship.
Spain are supposed to be the best team this year apparently, but there are so many good teams...

I think the top ones are Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Spain, England {when they aren't playing crap} and Portugal {although I refer to them as the cheaters XD}
wink
Agree with you with the top ones.
I'm going to sleep now, it's already past midnight.

Good night! :)
een jaar geleden laurik2007 said…
big smile
hi guys....new here
een jaar geleden chameron4eva said…
You know what they should call this World Cup? The World Cup of Underdogs... cause you know what? They're holding up pretty well against the Power Houses *glares at power houses*

What annoys me is Ronaldo. Oh god, when he was surrounded by those Ivory players, I was thinking "HIT HIS FUCKING FACEEEE!!!!"

Thank god I have nothing going on this friday, I will be glued to my TV, watching England and Germany play. USA can go suck it.

Katie My fave players are Rooney (UK), Kaka (Brazil), Messi (Argentina) and Nando (Spain).... THEY'RE ALL SO HOT!!!!

And that crying n.K player totally melted me...
een jaar geleden archiejake1991 said…
worried
OMG!!...swiss pulled off the biggest surprise y'day....I agree with Cameron4eva..we can call this WC,the WC of underdogs

Today Argentina is going to play against south Korea.........I dont want any more surprises.......Hope they'll win.....and wish Messi gets some goals today.....
een jaar geleden iamajbfan said…
smile
I AM SUPPORTING PORTUGAL,BRAZIL AND SPAIN FOR NOW
big smile
YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!­...­...­Arg­ent­ina won(4-1) the match...OMG,Gonzalo Higuain got Hat-trick.the first hat-trick of this world cup..I was expecting one for Messi....but,its okay he played well...afterall its a teamwork...all his passes were beautiful....I'm so happy......they got into second round......

Now iam waiting for tomorrows match..England v/s Germany....lets see who's gonna win!!!!!!!!!
cool
MESSI didn't score?!?!? OMG!!! I didn't watch the game because I was busy, but damn it!!! I wish I did now!!!!1

WOOTT!!!! I am so gonna be glued to my tv tomorrow.
England, Germany... let's go!
@laurik2007 and @iamajbfan
Welcome to the thread!

Argentina is doing great, they don't disappoint us! :) Messi will score, I'm sure in it, we just have to wait.
Wow - Mexico defeated France! France is now in a very hard situation. I've heard in the news that in the team there are two cliques, one is led by Ribéry, they can't work together, as a team and that is why they're only suffering on the field.
@ PC , I know... apparently there's been fights between players, fights between the coach and the players and so on.... I guess the tension and fights against one another showed on the pitch. no wonder the French people weren't that excited.
OMG!!!!!!! Germany vs Serbia is starting!!!!!

Let's go Germany!!!!!!!
So... I'm hating this Spanish referee
angry
Can u belive it??...... Germany lost...this is ridiculous....I may even kill that Referee if he'll come infront of me......hate him......
surprise
Yeah, it was a surprise. And for me, the Slovenia-USA too. I thought USA defeats easily Slovenia, but... WOW!
worried
England should win now......Slovenia is already having 4 points....USA have 2 points....before i would've said "there's no way England will loose to Algeria"....but after seeing Ger v/s serb today,i'm not going to make anymore predictions......I"ll be happy if England wins........and i hope they win!!!!!
een jaar geleden rmbrent01 said…
The USA got a tough break in the Slovenia match, but then again, they got pretty lucky in the England match, so maybe it all evens out?

I made a World Cup timeline of important games and memorable moments. How's it look?

(Anyone free to contribute!)

link
big smile
Wow, great timeline!!! Thanks @rmbrent01!

Peeps, I don't know what to think anymore. It looks like, most of the great teams can't find themselves. Argentina, Netherlands and Brazil are still on but the others... Is this the start of a new era in the football world, or what?
PC's right. I'm so lost right now. Germany, Spain... and now England. WHAT'S HAPPENING?!?!

My hope now lies with Argentina and Brazil
een jaar geleden MrsGuadaJackson said…
smile
I'm just so happy now.. :) Paraguay just need to tied or win, and will we be the first in the group.. And we'll qualified for second round..
angry
.... Ok I give up with Europe. Screw it, I'm moving to South America, at least they got their shit together.

England: JT, wtf are you doing? Holding a press conference like that and causing more drama to the team? Concentrate on the pitch, not by pointing fingers. We already have France for that!

France: WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU FRENCH PEOPLE? You should be GLAD you made it this far. Jesus fuck, what changed in four years!?!?! Revolting against the coach, refusing to practice.... Such a shame for your fans

Germany: WAKE UP! Yeah, you scored 4 points against Australia, and then what happened? You're ok for now, but you're a power house team for a reason!

Spain:.....Switzerland? REALLY?!?! You guys better bring it tomorrow.

On the other hand, great job Brazil, Paraguay, Argentina on your games, at least some teams are keeping it together.

And ALSO... I FUCKING HATE KEITA. Stupid fucker is such a disgrace. Making that injury just to get my innocent Kaka red-carded.
sad
I don't like this bashing...
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!Ar­gen­tin­a won(2-0)
een jaar geleden scott1 said…
I have never been so happy in my entire life as a sports fan... maybe when the Philadelphia Phillies won the World Cup. That goal was truly amazing (not the actual goal but the timing and significance of it). I almost tear up out of happiness when I think of the goal. This world cup video (fan made) gives me tingles when I watch it just because I think about how huge this event is and how awesome it is that the UNITED STATES IS STILL IN IT BABY!!!!
link
hmmm
crying
England are through! Too bad they are playing Germany.. they have no chance :(
U never know........Germany lost when they played with Serbia......England is anytime better than Serbia......But i want Germany to win...Gooooooo Germany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
crying
I don't know who to root for come England vs Germany.

I think last time they played it ended up 5-1 for England? So I honestly don't know.

And Italy is gone!!!!
laugh
^Yeah England won 5-1. Hopefully that is how the game will end for England this time. Maybe 7-0 like the Portugal vs North Korea match? Okay a girl can dream.
een jaar geleden bessmarvin1 said…
I love argentina!It's b'cause my dearest Messi is playing
een jaar geleden drunksheep said…
hey guys! wat do u guys think about the game Brazil X Portugal?
een jaar geleden jana-neso said…
this world cup is kinda boring...I mean,if Brazil and Portugal played 0:0 than what else to say.....and I'm so disapointed because of Italy and France....and other European countries like England and Germany.I expected more....
een jaar geleden Orsolya said…
I wouldn't say the World Cup is boring but that game was. I think people had too high expectations and they were disappointed because Brazil and Portugal played it safe.
But on a different note, don't you guys hate it when the referees don't see shit? Some of them are like hawks and notice every little push and stuff, and others are blind as a bat, like this idiot who didn't validate a perfect goal for England.
angry
CAN I JUST SAY THAT THE REF DURING "GERMANY VS ENGLAND" IS FUCKTARD??!?!? THAT WAS A FUCKING GOAL!!!!
Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!1German­y won..........

But Orsolya is right,that was a goal....he could've given that a goal......I dont understand,why they are becoming Referees if they cannot do their jobs properly........
angry
Hey,did u see that??.....that mexican player delibrately pushed Heinze and he gets "NO CARD"....this is so unfair.....some referees show cards for silly reasons...and look here,it was crystal clear that he pushed him....still no card......this is so sick!!!!!

Waiting for second half....first half we have a lead(2-0)
crying
Finally,the match is over.......Argentina won......but,its so sad that they r playing with Germany next match...

I dont want either of them to get out......
een jaar geleden miss_orange said…
I'm confused! I Love Germany and Argentina, but they're playing in the next Match! I'M SOOOOOOO CONFUSED!!!
<3Messi!
<3Lahm!
:'(
heart
Germany Won!!!!!!!!!!
yey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sad
AREGENTINA.....YOU GOT SERVED.
Argentina got out........I was expecting this....I didnt see any Argentinian defenders yesterday......Germany played well,with proper tactics....they were very fast on the ground....German defenders created a fort under lahm....they deserved the victory.....now Germany is going to face Spain in Semi's.....lets wait and watch.....
een jaar geleden AnnaK said…
We are playing Spain next. Despite the outcome it's fair to say that Germany has a played a great cup and since I'm German I'm obviously rooting for them but as said no matter what the outcome of that game is, Germany can be proud of its team. I mean right before the world cup there was no one taking them serious and yet they managed to get this far- even though we have such an incredibly "young team".who would have predicted that we are still in the game and all of the "top teams" are out?

Neuer, Lahm, Mueller, Klose, Schweinsteiger,Podolski,Özil (...) made me fall in love with German football again.
I Hope Germany wins, I mean, I know they Won 4-0 to Argentina, and it's a GREAT team, But they kinda have a problem with Europe teams.
een jaar geleden alismouha said…
This final was the worst one I have seen in my life(I saw 2002 and 2006)
Both teams played very badly and the ref gave one too many yellow cards.