Grease the Movie Sandy's change

chameron4eva posted on Feb 22, 2008 at 03:52PM
Ok. I love this movie.

My question is: what do you guys think about Sandy's make over at the end?

Personally, I didn't like it. I think it's the feminist coming out of me. I mean it was sweet that she did it for Danny, but come on! He should've like her for being her and told her to change back!

Grease the Movie 11 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden Jillywinkles said…
Yeah, I thought that too a little bit, but there is the fact that Danny was willing to change for her too, with the jock stuff.
And since they were both willing to change, one of the sides had to win out in the end, and I'm glad that Danny's won cause, hey, it's cooler.

But yeah, the movie is kinda a little bit encouraging you to succumb to peer pressure.
een jaar geleden ilovedanny said…
danny i think you an sandy ARE SO COOL I WACH YOUR DVD SO MUCH IM TRYING TO LERN ALL THE PARTS
i no all the t bird names but the second movie is kinda wired but i love the firest on i like the summer loven song an i am a kid but i have a mager crush on DANNY! sandy is COOL LIKE DANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!im cheyanne my brith day is on the 15 DANNY SANDY RIZZO KINEKIE THE CIMPMUNK GIRL MARTY AN THE REST EMIL ME AN ILL TELL U
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden dustfinger said…
i didn't like it either but Danny tried to change for her but that didn't work so she changed for him and it seemed to work.
een jaar geleden martemora15 said…
it SUCKED! i mean, whats suposed to be the moral of this movie? don't be different? you have to cool? i like the movie, but it'd be a better ending if danny became like her, or none of them changet
een jaar geleden clules11 said…
Yeah, the ending could have been better.
een jaar geleden chameron4eva said…
I agree with martemora15. None of them should have changed. Plus, did Sandy have to smoke at the end? I mean, the makeover wasn't enough?
een jaar geleden summerredux said…
Believe it or not, the movie was CRITICISED for having the character of Sandy CHANGE to impress Danny when it was clear Danny was willing to accept Sandy for who and what she was. Certainly not the right message to give out to impressionable young girls.
een jaar geleden meg543261 said…
I think they both made changes to show they loved each other and were willing to change...
the only thing that gets me is the smoking.. but back then it was highly publicised as 'cool' to smoke.... so...
overall, i liked the ending. lol ♥ :)
een jaar geleden xemilyx said…
I agree with all of you.
Personally, the very ending really did let me down a bit. And i am not talking about the Makover. I am talking about the Flying Car. I mean Really? That bit made it extra Cheesy. But on the subject, i do agree with you. But hey, if thats the way Sandy wanted to go, then well thats her way to go. Lol. But i think they could have toned it down a bit. :)
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden caroline_anne said…
I think its the best "love story" ever and Im sure all of us can put ourself's in that situation........
een jaar geleden howdyboy said…
A lot of people over analyze the ending. Sandy probably didn't change permanently first of all. Second of all Danny became a jock in order to impress her. And Sandy didn't change her personality at the end, she just did that to try and win danny back.

Chances are the next day she went back to her usual self.

I read somewhere that the main reason for the change was just for the "you're the one that I want song"

Because people wouldn't take her seriously if she wore things that she had worn previously.

Besides it's a musical, and there's a lot of suspension of disbelief. I mean a flying car!

You can't over analyze the ending! A lot of people change who they are for their significant others/

And Sandy really onlyt changed her appearance.