1. It has a more realistic ending.
een jaar geleden annoy_anonymous said…
smile
2. It has a PLOT!
3. It has Subplots
4.It has several characters with depth.
5. JK is not afraid to sacrifice the good guys
6. The characters aren't one dementional
7. JK researches her material, has good use of Latin and history within her books. Spells are named after Latin words and do what the Latin words do. Names of soem characters give hints as to what that character is such as Sirius which means Dog Star for more Albus which means White (pure wizard) link
8. You can relate Harry Potter to WWII because of similarities you could learn some history from the books.
9. reason 8 being said some characters are loosly based off real life people Dumbledoor=Winston Churchill and VOldemort=Hitler Death eaters=Nazi's
10. Harry Potter teaches a good deal about prejudice and slavery with the use of different imaginative creatures (Which also required research to create)
11. JK wrote a whole imaginative world that goes further then her 7 books. She thought about more then writing a story but created a whole world with information that never actually made it into the books. Similar to JRR Tolkien (author who wrote Lord of the Rings, if you don't bother to read classics.)
12. Twilight WILL fad out it is a fad and many fans are on it because of the Bandwagon effect and because Robert Patterson is good looking But Harry Potter will be around forever
13. The writing is just better.
14. Twilight is too predictable and thrown clumsily together. Harry potter is not predictable and JK Rowling ties all knots and answers all questions.
15. Harry Potter teaches good values and relationships. There are no controlling abusive relationships and the hero can go one without their partner.
16. The female characters are strong and intelligent. Hermione doesn't NEED a boyfriend to be a strong good role model for girls everywhere
17. Harry Potter can be read by any age group. Twilight is geared more towards angst 15 year olds.
18. The characters in Harry Potter GROW, they grow with you as you read. The first books start out fairly tame but mature as you mature. I had the pleasure of growing with Harry I was 11 when it was released 19 or 20 when it was finished.

This is just to name a few I really could go on forever. Harry Potter does have some flaws such as the horrible Epilogue but it is all around a good book that is well written.

Twilight was boring. It wasn't interesting, poorly written, bad values and lacked plot. Any conflict added in twilight was hasty thrown in without any purpose other than to have it in there, not to mention is wasn't even solved right away. It was solved as a side note two chapters later. I gave my copy away after reading it once. I was ashamed to have it on my book shelf. As for the movie I wanted to rip my eyes out with a hot iron.
worldstar commented…
you're soooooooooooo right for everything and there are moreeee and meer of them een jaar geleden
Witchnivi commented…
true true true.....twilight is not even close to the harry potter league.. een jaar geleden
Rockcroc2000 commented…
i actually really liked the epilogue because it had matching couples matching kids for the parent and sorta started all over again but in twilight it had horrible epilogue none the characters died in it they didn't become vrienden they had a child a bit early and it pretty much copied harry potter example professor trelawney and alice sirius black and jacob black harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban came out in 2005 the book came out in 2004 so yeah HP forever came out in the third book een jaar geleden
Ravenclaw3355 commented…
I agree with all of those apart from the epilogue bit, because I think it was good. een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden Mrs-Grint said…
19. A story about a teenage wizard facing off against a dark lord beats one about a sparkling, lovesick vampire anyday.
mrsniallhoran93 commented…
I agree een jaar geleden
sugarpalstar commented…
totally een jaar geleden
big smile
20. Even Rob Pattison says he hates Edward Cullen and played him like a manic-depressive.
bellatrixDraco commented…
kirsten stewart hated bella as well her agent made her take the job een jaar geleden
sugarpalstar commented…
wow why didn't she just quit her agency een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden xXSweeneyXx said…
21. The main characters in Harry Potter have flaws.
een jaar geleden burgundyeyes said…
22. The characters are not entirely evil or entirely good

23. There are clues put in the first books that will eventually have a great significance later on. (ex: in SS, harry talked to a snake at the zoo. we always thought it was just part of being a wizard, but it reveals itself to be parseltongue which was very useful for harry later on)
HogwartsIsHome commented…
and also that Sirius is once named in the first book and the first snitch Harry catches that plays a role in the last book😊 een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden PMT said…
24. The villains are villains for a reason. They're not just bad without explanation. J K Rowling explained Voldemort and other Deat Eaters and showed why they went bad.
een jaar geleden burgundyeyes said…
25. These books initiate young people to read. I've heard of many people who didn't like reading before, but thanks to hp, they now read a lot.
een jaar geleden nati30 said…
smile
25 is true, i didn't like reading a lot before, but thanks to hp, i now do try to look for good books a lot more and, of course, my standards are much higher. WITH THAT BEING SAID:

26. All the details that J.K. ROWLING bothered to throw in even though a lot of people probably wouldn't notice, like the fact that the combination used to get into the minsitry of magic (62442) can spell out magic on a phone.
een jaar geleden nati30 said…
27. The characters are lovable not because they are hot, or cool, but because of their personalities.
Rockcroc2000 commented…
ikr twi-tards always say the characters are hot een jaar geleden
28. JKR has made the plot and characters so deep that when something significant happens, emotions can really be felt. Like Dobby's or Fred's death or when Harry was walking to the forest, understanding that he must die.
29. It's not just one genre, like Twilight. It has humour, adventure, action, romance, fantasy, there's even an adolescent or coming-of-age element. The multiple genres add to the story significantly by being so diverse. With Twilight, I never got that feeling when reading it.
een jaar geleden Hedwig11 said…
30. JKR's Protagonist is not so overtly simple that a monkey could relate to him and put themselves in their position. Meyer's protagonist is, which is probably why so many of her, often illiterate sounding (see some of their comments on other fan pages) fans, fall in love with the character. They are easily able to relate that character to themselves and picture what their life would be like if they had a hot guy like Edward "in love" with them

31. Stephan King (or any other distinguished author for that matter) has yet to tell JK Rowling that she "can't write"

32. JKR doesn't repeat herself 500 times, using the same comparison EVERY SINGLE TIME. We get it Edward is hard and cold like granite; you don't need to use that analogy every time his name is mentioned.

33. you can see the characters in HP fall in love and watch as their feelings for each other grow. In Twilight Bella falls "unconditionally and irrevocably in love" with Edward in just a few weeks, without knowing anything at all about him, other than he's a hot vampire (thats like granite of course *rolls eyes*) if 2 people really were to fell "in love" that fast they would probably fall out of love even faster.

34. Harry Potter is a plot based story (plot based stories are USUALLY not thought highly of in the literary world) that is able to use the events in its plot to prove a point about the real world (for those who have issues understanding metaphors and symbolism, her point is that racism= bad) the closest the twilight series comes to social commentary like this is that it supports abstinence and is against abortion, even when it will help save the life of the woman that is pregnant. Both of which are mentioned, sort of as an after thought, throughout the series. Anyway, is this really a good message? studies show that sex ed is more effective at preventing teen pregnancy and STDS if it stresses both abstinence and protection. And to prevent women from getting abortions when having the baby would kill them, is basically trading one human being's life, for a clump of cells that, most likely, if the complications are so vast that the mother will probably die in birth, would probably be stillborn or have serious medical issues.

35. Characters in HP don't suddenly change species in order to hastily tie up loose ends that the author was to lazy to pull together satisfactorily. i.e. "oh its ok hes not REALLY a warewolf, hes a shape-shifter! did i mention that i love Edward and that he's hard and cold like granite?"

36. HP does not cause its fans to cry because they will never have a life as good as the main character's.... twilight on the author hand can bring about some scarily unhealthy behavior.... amongst its fans...

37. Meyer's books sound like she used a thesaurus to look up every other word (in order to replace them with BIG, impressive sounding words), as a poor attempt to hide her even poorer writing style.

38. I can't feel my IQ plummeting as a read Harry Potter... twilight however is another story (HA literary pun!!!!)

39. The depth of Snape's character is truly astonishing and touching, you can feel the grief he must have for the loss of lilly, and the confusion he must have over his feelings for Harry. he hates harry because of his resemblance to Jamea, but loves and cares for him b/c of his love for Lily and harry's small resemblance to her in his eyes and personality. JKR is able to master these emotions and convey them to her readers with amazing skill. The idea of twilight gives Meyer the opportunity to do the same thing with the complexity of the feelings that edward has for Bella, loving her but having to resist the urge to kill her when it causes him intense pain and then forcing himself to leave her in order to protect her, but Meyer is unable to convey these feelings in a skillful way due to her terribly simplistic writing style and her inability to convey complex human emotions in her seemingly simplistic characters.

40. (continuing on 39 but with a new point) Also, Edward's feelings and struggles are far less original than Snape's. the whole "I'm leaving you because i love you" thing has been used countless times and the "i love you but have to resist you" thing has obviously been used before, this even being acknowledged in the book: "and so the lion fell in love with the lamb". Therefore, even if Meyer had been able to write the books in a skillful way the story line, and characters are so unoriginal that they are practically cliche
last edited een jaar geleden
41. Harry Potter is not based off of a dream the author had. "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." -Albus Dumbledore.

42. Harry Potter has an overarching theme. Twilight doesn't (Romance and the fact that its a love story doesn't count, thats a genre, not a theme)

43. the ending in Harry Potter is not handed to the reader on a silver platter at the start of the book. The plot line was unpredictable, but not to an extent where it contradicts everything that was previously stated.

44. JKR thinks to do writing exercises to help her deepen her characters BEFORE she writes the books (she spent 15 years planning them out). Unlike Smeyer who randomly decides to write Midnight Sun in order to deepen Edward's character AFTER shes already stuck a label on him that says hes a perfect "Gary Sue", i mean really how deep can someone whos "perfect" deep

45. JKR does not define the perfect man as over-protective, abusive, stalker-like, and over-bearing

46. JKR sticks to the rules and boundaries that she sets in her fantasy. For example "no magic can truly bring a person back from the dead" (the stone in the last book doesn't count because they weren't really back in the same essence that they were before) Who wants to bet if HP was written by Smeyer that she would've made Harry's parents come back by the middle of the first book?

47. HP quotes are so much less cheesey than twilight quotes "If I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I’m not ashamed of it." - Edward Cullen vs. "to the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure" - Albus Dumbledore
een jaar geleden Kraucik83 said…
big smile
48. Snape!

49. In the movies: A great cast of awsome british actors!
DracoMalfoy777 commented…
lolol een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden renrae said…
To add to the reading more reason: Many Twilight fans say that they did not read very much before twilight came out. then, they say, they started reading. However, every thing they read is compared to twilight, even if there are not many similarities. See this spot, for example.
Yeah this Twilight fan said this -> "wel befor i read twilight i neva red anything befor and its the best book eva so i think i noe wot im talking about"...... WHAT?!
sugarpalstar commented…
i know right u are truly brilliant twilight fans (note sarcasm) een jaar geleden
50. Twilight has a massive anti-base and there are many, many people who don't like the book. Not so with Harry Potter. There are very few people who hate it. And the HP antis are mainly those saying it's again Christianity and barely have any valid arguments.
woot. we got to 50. mainly thanks to annoy_anonymous and Hedwig11.
big smile
YAAAAAY! And Twilight have less than five!!
DracoMalfoy777 commented…
HARRY POTTER ALL THE WAY BABY! WOO een jaar geleden
Mrs-Grint, I'm not surprised they have less than five. Could YOU think of a reason twilight is better? I thought not. lol, joking.

51. It can be read by a massive audience. Twilight is really only enjoyed by teenage girls who will eventually realise how bad a book Twilight is when they grow up. Children to adults read Harry Potter. Not only with age, but people who are different and like different genres read it (and enjoy it). Mainly because it has so many genres within it.

52. It's been credited, awarded and acclaimed a lot more than Twilight. And these are by people whose jobs are to critique books.
Nope, Harry Potter is MUCH better. In fact Twilight only have two reasons and both contradict eachother.
een jaar geleden teamjacob said…
53. The characters change with their ages, did you notice that Bella was in school a year or two longer than she was supposed to be?

54. It's written VERY well
DisneyLove23 commented…
Right. een jaar geleden
DisneyLove23 commented…
NOT! een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden casey102 said…
55. When characters die, they aren't just side characters or villains. She actually has some good-guys die to make it realistic.
een jaar geleden Bridget49 said…
56. Harry Potter has been around for over 10 years, and it still has a huge fan base. Twilight's been around for 5 or so years, and there are as many haters as there are fans.
AnkhMorpork commented…
meer Haters than there are fans. And for good reasons! een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden someone28 said…
57. You can read a Harry Potter multiple times and find it just as amazing as the last, when you read Harry Potter you actually feel like you are in the book along with the characters. While i cannot say the same for Twilight
58. I don't care if Bella ate a Granola Bar for breakfast and I don't care about reading about how good-looking Edward is for the hundredth time. It just gets boring.
big smile
^^ HA!!
59. Albus Dumbledore :) need i say more?
bestpotterhead commented…
Three words to why HP is sooo much better: lack. Of. Gingers. een jaar geleden
Flickerflame commented…
@bestpotterhead: The entire Weasley family? een jaar geleden
Pinnipedi commented…
YES een jaar geleden
this isn't really a reason but i'm getting really tired of the whole "Harry Potters to hard to read and understand" argument that twilight fans put up, the Harry potter books are on a 5-6th grade reading level. If you're above 5th or 6th grade and you find Harry Potter to be a difficult read, chances are you're just stupid.
I know this is wayy after this was geplaatst but I got the boeken for Christmas 2012 and I finished the 7th one in February!!! the last een jaar geleden
60. i think the fact that the HP fans got kicked off the "1000 reasons why twilight is better than harry potter" is a reason in itself. lol
een jaar geleden lyah said…
big smile
61. Because the characters have personalities
62. Little things turn out to be very important! i.e. the locket in OOTP the bug in Hermione’s hair, secret keepers, Snape begging Harry to look at him and so much more!
63. The book grows with you and they just get better and better
64. The characters aren’t perfect therefore it is much easier to relate to them
65. J.K creates a whole new world where her fans could lose themselves in
66. Because Harry Potter is not overrated
67. Harry Potter appeals to more than just a bunch of squealing 12 year olds. J
68. You want to read more because it is a great book, not for the “hot” guys and kissing as said by some twilight fan on the twilight msn superfan page.
69. The Harry Potter characters do not try to kill themselves because they cannot be with who they want
70. Because Harry Potter doesn’t ruin your favourite bands. L lol personal experience: (au revoir Paramore I can never see you the same anymore)
71. Harry Potter is not cliché
72. The characters do not have a hundred year difference lol
73. The characters won’t go on living forever on the face of this earth
74. Because Harry Potter has put up a bar which is higher than the sky lol and I don’t think anything can beat that especially . . . .
75. In Harry Potter you learn that some of the good people die in twilight you learn that if you can’t be with him/her you should kill yourself WTF.

Potterrocks112 commented…
I never read twilight so, what's the deal with paramore? een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden lyah said…
wink
76. Harry Potter has real werewolves. :) pffft shape shifters
78. we watch Harry Potter movies because we love the characters and because we want o see if the movie is living upto the book. you watch twilight for the guys * rolls eyes pathetic really. *
If u go on a long trip and u love HP bring at least two of the boeken because if it's a long travel time u can read HP to your hearts content!!! (I know I would!!) een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden stickymonkey said…
79 - The harry potter books are so complex, original, so well thought out and intelligently written, it's obvious they were written by a complete genius. A monkey could easily have written a story like twilight.
sunnny946 commented…
Lol! een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden LoveDraco123 said…
cool
I can't even believe someone made this post. -_-

80. The characters aren't perfect. Bella is boring and whiny. Edward is a 104 year old virgin who hasn't even had a girlfriend before... I'm sorry but that just doesn't happen. Harry has flaws. He is a rule breaker and has emotional breakdowns. Hermione is extremely intelligent but at the same time, bossy and annoying. Ron walked out on Harry in the last book- that doesn't make him perfect at all.

81. The world! There's Quidditch, wizard bands, shops, a whole ministry! Sweets, villages, transport ways, clocks, pictures and oh so many things! What do the so-called-vampires have in Twilight? Nothing!

82. The names... Don't get me STARTED on the names. Lord Voldemort even sounds evil... James definitely doesn't sound evil. Dumbledore sounds good. Edward- Jacob? Plain names! Draco Malfoy is the bad boy of the school and his name sounds royal- like he believes he is- as well as someone who might be snobby. I really doubt that LAUREN sounds snobby to anyone who listens to her name alone.

83. Creatures. Elves, giants, centaurs, unicorns, Dementors, REAL VAMPIRES AND WEREWOLVES and Hipogriffs. I mean, come on... what more could you want?

84. Twilight only revolves around ONE thing and that is EDWARD. What the hell but four extremely long, boring books shouldn't all be about the hotness of a sparkling vampire. Harry Potter has much more: suspense, comedy, drama and... romance!

85. The characters are easier to relate to. All Bella cares about is having a boyfriend. There are more problems in life than having a boyfriend.

86. Hogwarts! I have a hard time dealing with the fact that Hogwarts isn't real. I mean, how the hell can JK Rowling come up with all that stuff in her mind? Moving staircases, dungeons, moving potraits and enchanted ceilings! Wow... but the school Twilight has is... Forks High School. Boring much?

87. Battles. I mean, if in the end there is supposed to be a battle, it should happen. Twilight was like... ugh. Imagine Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker talking their problems out. WTF? NO! Imagine Voldemort and Harry talking their problems out. WTF?! No!! There is supposed to be a battle and Breaking Dawn didn't have one.

88. JK Rowling cared about her characters and got us liking them only to kill some of the good ones in the end. That caused a deep emotion to rise inside us but we LOVED it! Fred died, Dobby died, Hedwig died... I was SAD but it made the book better! If there is a battle, people SHOULD die... and not just the bad guys!

89. No cheesy lines in Harry Potter such as, "The lion fell in love with the lamb." I am sorry but I'm surprised Bella didn't start laughing her head off when Edward said that to her! And people call it a MODERN love story. Pfft...

90. Harry Potter teaches us lessons. Sacrifices are important sometimes. Good triumphs over evil. Never give up. Death is just another journey and shouldn't be feared! What does Twilight teach us? Kill yourself if you lose your boyfriend or girlfriend...

91. Fans! Harry Potter has been around for 10 years now and almost every person has heard of him. Twilight will fade- Harry Potter will live on.

92. The writing style is obviously better. Stephenie Meyer writes in flowery prose that makes people want to puke.

93. The difference in the people reading the books. Twilight is centered around the age group og 13 year old GIRLS to 18 year old GIRLS. No guys hardly EVER read Twilight... why? Because its all about love and how hot the guys are! I mean, why would STRAIGHT guys want to read about that? Harry Potter has fans from all age groups from six year olds to God knows 60 year olds! There's action so you see a lot of guys reading the books too.

Yes, I have more and I will be writing them. :)
Robby's death made me cry on the inside (I didn't really cry on the outside) I mean Robby was adorable and his death scene oh my gosh that scene will get me every time een jaar geleden
*dobby een jaar geleden
Shiro_Hittori commented…
i don't understand why girls around my age loves Twilight (i'm 14 y.o) i hate Twilight! it's, it's RIDICULOUS! een jaar geleden
cool
94. The imagination and creativity is brilliant. The spells and so many of them are very difficult to think of and JK Rowling NAILED it!

95. Cedric Diggory. The guy played by the same guy who plays Edward Cullen: Robert Pattinson. Cedric was a very brave, honest and charming young man and he died. Robert made a very nice dead guy in Harry Potter. In Twilight, he looks constipated most of the time and even he said that he hates this Edward Cullen guy. Heck, he even said he was Team Jacob once!

96. This is also sort of related to the previous reason but different. Robert Pattinson was just as 'handsome' back in Goblet of Fire. People only like him because of his character in Twilight and how perfect he is (by playing the character otherwise no one called him perfect before.) That hardly counts as fair! Daniel Radcliffe and the rest are known for their acting and their characters- not because of their looks.

97. Again with the characters! Bella was dead when Edward left her. That ruins all the things women have done to show that they are independent and strong! Hermione is fierce, intelligent and confident without a boyfriend... she is a much better idol.

98. Twilight is sexist. Bella always counts on Edward- Edward will do this, Edward will do that. That ruins everything women have said about them being equal to men.

99. Come on! Sparkling vampires? Are you KIDDING? Vampires used to turn to dust in the sun. They used to sleep in coffins and drink human blood. Vegetarian vampires? Beautiful vampires who say stuff like, "Take care of my heart. I've left it with you." Is that supposed to be a JOKE? NOT FUNNY, MEYER! Vampires used to be cool!

100. The author backgrounds and the pressure upon them. Meyer dreamt about Edward and Bella. Poof... she decides to write about them! WHAT?! JK Rowling was a struggling woman whose talent was writing. She wrote a book and now LOOK at her! Much more impressive.

101. The flaws in the plan. If Edward's body is unable to change, how the hell did he manage to get Bella pregnant? Harry Potter has no flaws like this- NONE!

102. The problems face by the characters. Harry has been TORTURED by his aunt and uncle for 10 years! They hardly gave him anything to eat, never bought him new clothes and completely ignored what he had to say. He has to deal with the fact that Lord Voldemort is somewhere out there, ready to kill him with a huge number of followers... one of them may even be his Potions teacher... Bella's problems: she's moving to Forks. She's not pretty enough for Edward. Sparkling vampires want to hunt her down and kill her but she knows nothing will happen because she has 7 vampires protecting her. Those aren't problems...

103. Again with the characters. Snape is awesome and you get to hate him. How many people expected him to turn out to be the GOOD guy even AFTER he killed Dumbledore? How many people expected Dumbledore's past to be oh-not-so-perfect compared to the wizard he became LATER? How many people expected HARRY to be a Horcrux?

104. The two guys who save Bella's life are Jacob and Edward. Seriously, it gets boring when it happens a thousand times. Harry is saved by Dumbledore, Snape, Ron, Hermione, Cedric and so many more! Plus, he saves them too from terrible fates.

105. The plot is NOT predictable. From the first book to the last book, everyone wondered whether Harry was going to die. Bella was perfect and Edward wasn't going to let her die. Edward was practically invincible so HE couldn't die. And Jacob- well, Bella really didn't care much about him after all, did she, when she tried to kill him herself...

I have more but I'm tired to write. Haha. Let me warn you, I will be back.
How many people expected dumbledores death door snape was planned!!! (I sure didn't) een jaar geleden
regalgal1524 commented…
I anticipated Harry was a holcrux but it wasn't much sooner than the book revealed it een jaar geleden
cool
Credit goes to 'Silverevilchao' for the rest and I agree with every single one of them. I would write my reasons and I assure you I will because well, since the poster of this completely pointless thing wants us to post 1000 reasons, we'll give her them. How about it? :) Anyways, some of these reasons are exactly like the ones I thought...

106. The fans. The Twilight fans are extremely hyper and have stupid things to say, involving only two arguments: Edward is hot and its a love story. Pfft. Harry Potter fans know how to spell and learn something from the books, making them more intelligent than chipmunks who read Twilight. (That last line was by me...) They tend to attack anyone who has even THOUGHT about saying something bad about Twilight which I hardly think is fair...

107. Ha! Sexiness isn't a justification for Harry Potter's existence. If you ask many Twilight fans why they like Twilight, they tend to say that the characters and actors are sexy. We're talking about the books here and shouldn't judge them on the sexiness of the characters... judge them on the personalities for God's sake!

108. JK Rowling does not ruin mythology. Vampires are vampires and werewolves are werewolves unlike in Twilight, the vampires are something like sparkly fairies and the werewolves are shape-shifter. What the hell?

109. The movies were better. (I will put some more detail in some more reasons of my own...) We can prove that by examining what the official critics have to say. According to RottenTomatoes, Sorcerer's Stone- 78%, Chamber of Secrets- 82%, Prisoner of Azkaban- 89%, Goblet of Fire- 89%, Order of the Phoenix- 77% while Twilight got a 43%. Hmm...

110. Ha! This one is awesome:
AVADA KEDAVRA! It is so cool... the Killing Curse that kills people in two seconds! I bet if you put Harry Potter and Edward Cullen in a fight, this is how it will go...
Edward: You cannot come NEAR Bella. I will kill you before you even think about it.
Harry: *Rolls his eyes* AVADA KEDAVRA!
Edward: *Dies*
Bella: *Screams and thinks about ways to kill herself.*
LOL! :)

111. Time to write the book. JK Rowling took YEARS to write the first Harry Potter book alone and it shows in the prose and the ideas and her imagination... It took Meyer only a few months and THAT shows too. -_-

112. Editors. JK Rowling has them and they make sure the book is even awesome-er before it gets published while Meyer doesn't have them... even if she does, not good ones! Bella shouldn't be making pancakes for Charlie in one paragraph and he shouldn't be eating out of a cereal bowl in the next. Again -_-

113. Harry Potter has tiny details that turn out to be so important later. They seem really insignificant in the beginning but they always turn out to have a bigger meaning. For example, the locket of Regulus Black is mentioned in Order of the Phoenix. I bet half the people read on, not caring about who the hell R.A.B was. Then, it turns out if Harry doesn't find out who R.A.B was and where the freaking locket is now... Voldemort will never be defeated. Awesome much? Keeps you wondering... And in the first book, on the chocolate card, it said Dumbledore was famour for defeating Grindelwald. Who Grindelwald was, you didn't find out till the 7th book! And you had forgotten about him until then. When his name comes up in the final book, you're like: Wait, I've heard that name before. Where? Where? Where?! Am I right?
In Twilight, all the two ever do is say cheesy stuff to each other. I swear, if Meyer had missed out some of those lines, the book would have been like 50 pages long!!! Then, in the second one, Bella keeps describing the hole in her chest. WE ALREADY KNOW YOU'VE GONE EMO, SO SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT ALREADY!!!

114. Romance in Harry Potter is not perfect. Bella and Edward get in teeny wheeny fights and then Bella takes in his hotness and makes up with him. What the hell? In the sixth book, Hermione and Ron have so many fights- they try to make each other jealous too! Ginny and Harry: Ginny had a boyfriend before Harry. Harry kissed Cho before Ginny! Its normal teenage stuff...!!!

115. Yes.... Harry Potter has shades of gray while Twilight is black and white. Explaining: Harry Potter has characters that have both a bad side and a good side! Then there are people you thought were good who turned out to be bad and the people you thought were bad who turned out to be GOOD! Those are twists and they add color to the story (in this case, more shades.) Twilight has the good vampires and the bad vampires- not very interesting...

116. Supporting characters. Okay, I'm giving examples in this so its gonna be a bit long.
Twilight:
Mike: Supporting character who is only mentioned when he is asking Bella out on a date or something.
Jessica: Only mentioned when Bella is criticising her of gossiping too much.
Angela: Only mentioned when Bella is appreciating why she is quiet and lets people have their space but understands them too.
Heck, Esme: Only mentioned whenever something bad happens!
Tyler: HE ALMOST FLATTENED BELLA WITH HIS FUCKING VAN AND HE WAS HARDLY MENTIONED AFTER THAT CHAPTER!
I mean, don't make extra characters if you aren't going to use them.

Harry Potter:
Draco Malfoy: (Just 'cause I love him) He's mentioned all the time and believe it or not, people START to like him no matter how much of a jerk he is in the book- because he is mentioned so much that like, he is one of the main characters. In Book 6, he IS one of the main characters and you feel sorry for him by the end. Why? Because he is a GOOD supporting character.
Neville Longbottom: A complete IDIOT who has no clue about anything BUT Herbology. Then, why do we like him? Because the main characters do and he is likeable. Why? Because he is mentioned so much that he becomes a huge part of the book!

117. Harry Potter signifies love. Voldemort was unable to kill Harry because of his mother's sacrifice and love for him. That makes sense because Voldemort was so evil that he could not take the force of something so good. LOVE is a big factor in the whole Potter series. Seriously, people call Twilight LOVE stories... they think its cute when a dude sneaks in a chick's room to watch her sleep? That is stalking and its creepy, not romantic...

118. The friendship. Bella is only friends with Jacob and she doesn't give a shit about any of her other so-called-friends in her school. Harry is ready to SACRIFICE himself for the whole of the WORLD! That includes his best friends' families and even the Dursleys!!! Its about unity and how friends should stick by each other and not dump each other for a girl or boy. Which Bella and Edward do... all the time. The only character I like in the Twilight series is Jacob- why? Because he was the only person who was GENUINELY nice to Bella and actually made her smile because of his personality and not his hotness and she dumped him... completely. That... sucked. A major factor in why I hate Twilight.

119. Ha! This one is brilliant. The Death Eaters are WAY more awesome than the Volturi. All the Volturi do is sit down on their thrones and wait for some news to reach their ears so they can roll their eyes and send guards to kill them if they want to. If they think its serious enough, they go, talk it out and come back! The Death Eaters kill people!!! That makes them EVIL... something to be scared of! And yes, I really think there should be a Volturi-Death-Eater match and I BET that the Death Eaters will win hands down.

120. Bella completely DIES when Edward LEAVES her. What the...??? THat doesn't happen- not anymore! And not when you've been together for like a few months... I can understand if they've been together for a decade or something. Harry sees his godfather getting killed in front of his eyes. He has no parents. He gets mocked on in the fourth book... does he go emo? NO! He sulks for a while and then, what? He gets on with his life because he knows he has to!

121. Yes, Voldemort is awesome! The best villian EVER! He looks evil, he sounds evil and he IS evil. He kills Snape for a fucking wand! He will kill anyone who gets in his way. And he is so evil that people are afraid to say his name. James. Victoria. Laurent. What the hell? Sucky names with no villian looks on them- just other vampires described to be beautiful as hell. I mean, seriously, doesn't this prove Meyer looks for looks only in a character?!

Yes, there will be more. Don't blame me- I just know that I WILL prove it to people that Harry Potter is better.
How a battle between the volturi and death eaters would go: v: let's talk about this DEs: AVADA KEDAVRA!!! een jaar geleden
113. YUP. It made me read the book again een jaar geleden
cool
(COMPARISONS OF THE CHARACTERS)

122. Bella and Ginny: Bella is whiny, girly, unable to stick up for herself and completely dependent on Edward. She thinks that all the guys are mad about her but she also thinks she's plain which makes me think that she has a split personality. Ginny is confident and brave. She looks out for Harry and she doesn't try to commit suicide when he leaves her in the sixth book. Enough said.

123. Harry and Edward: Edward is a sissy, gay vampire who only cares about Bella and no one else. He's stayed with Carlisle for 104 years and he is ready to throw him away for someone who he has only been in his life for a few months. He is shallow, over-protective and a stalker. Harry is brave and he lets Ginny go because he knows that he might even get murdered by Voldemort. He is prepared to sacrifice himself for everyone and not just Ginny. He is NOT overprotective- the way he lets Ginny fight in the Order of the Phoenix proves that. That just shows he is secure about her and trusts her unlike Edward.

124. Ron and Jacob: Jacob is in fact the only character I like in Twilight. And the only one I feel sorry for. But Jacob is insensitive and a bit immature. He wants Bella, Bella and Bella. He is ready to ditch his friends for her- that happens in Breaking Dawn and New Moon if no one remembers. Ron on the other hand sticks with Harry until the end. I admit he walks out on the him a couple of times but he returns, cursing himself for being so stupid. Personally, that makes him much better than Jacob.

125. Mrs. Weasley and Esme: Esme is described to be motherly. She is described to be very loving but surprisingly, she only speaks twice in every book. Mrs Weasley is practically a second MOTHER to Harry. She supports him and wants the best for him always. I'll say... better than Esme.

126. Hermione and Alice: Alice ditched her family! THat's all I have to say! FOR JASPER, SHE DITCHED HER WHOLE FAMILY! I'm sorry but how is that right? Hermione stayed with Harry until the end. She NEVER walked out on him. Not when he was accused of putting his own name in the Goblet of Fire. Not when she was risking her own life on the journey to look for the Horcruxes. That's friendship...

127. This is my favorite. Every story that revolves around a SCHOOL setting has a bitch in it. Lauren is the bitch in Twilight but just not the good one. DRACO MALFOY is the bitch in Harry Potter WITH FOLLOWERS on either side of him and he is EVIL. AND HE IS AWESOME. What does Lauren do? Roll her eyes and make faces at Bella? What the hell? What does Draco do? Torture Harry about his parents- make fun of Ron's condition and constantly pick on Hermione for being a Mudblood.

128. Voldemort and James or Victoria or ANY stupid villian in Twilight: James lured Bella into a trap and then fucking made a video of her. DIdn't he have enough brains to just KNOW that Edward will be coming? Voldemort, in the first one, COMMANDED Quirrel again and again to kill Harry even though he couldn't lay his hands on him. Just shows how desperate he is to get him killed. Victoria was actually scared! She spent six months and more trying to get to Bella and then when she DID get close enough to her, she danced and poof, she's dead. WHAT?! Harry and Voldemort DUELLED in the fourth book. Voldemort shouted Avada Kedavra, determined to kill Harry but something happened. At least SOMETHING happened!

129: Volturi and the Death Eaters: The Death Eaters get things done unlike the Volturi. That's all I have to say...

Lauracullen, i would like to hear what you have to say now. On the other post, tell me, how many reasons have you got? Hmm...
Love the titel of 128!! een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden lauracullen66 said…
waht do i have to say.... well im glad your all playing..i posted the posts for people to play the game and have fun...i even gave you props fo it...i dont mind that HP got more than Twilight...its probably true...
This whole Harry potter vs twilight debate is pointless!!! Harry potter is clearly better! een jaar geleden
Thank you, Lauracullen. Just proves you're not like the rest! But since you want 1000... I'll give you more. :)

130. Movie effects. Seriously, when I watched Twilight and the part where Edward walks out into the sunlight, I had to rewind it four times to just take in that he was sparkling. It looked nothing like it! I agree that the first two Potter movies had pretty stupid effects but then, they were YEARS back, before all the advanced technology. Goblet of Fire had an AWESOME dragon. Then the spells and the sparks coming from the wands are almost believable. I mean, the effects makes it impossible NOT to believe in the movies...

131. The movies again. Have you seen the quality of the Twilight movie? It had practically NO colour in it and that made me sleepy. Harry Potter keeps you ineterested, on the edge of your seat, begging for more.

132. The history of the characters. Every character in Harry Potter has a history. There was some history in Twilight about the Quileute legends and all but that's about it. And it wasn't written very well. Harry Potter characters have history and darn interesting ones too!

133. JK Rowling EXPLAINS everything. Why Snape hated Harry but saved his life whenever he was in trouble. Why Ludo Bagman kept helping Harry. Why Draco turned out to be so insecure... It isn't like that in Twilight. Some things are explained and somethings are not. Connect the pieces, please... it makes a story better.

134. JK Rowling doesn't throw her characters away. She makes sure that they have a role even AFTER the problem is solved. For example, after Bella got married to Edward, Jessica, Angela, Mike and everyone else from her school just disappeared! Meyer threw them away without even explaining what happened to them. JK Rowling made sure that she explained what was going on with the characters. Neville became a teacher at Hogwarts. Draco Malfoy and Harry didn't loathe each other as much... every character has their own little worlds that are described, briefly, by JK Rowling.

(The actors in the movies)

135. Daniel Radcliffe (Harry) vs. Pattinson (Edward): One thing to say, PATTINSON COULDN'T ACT IN TWILIGHT. Why? Because he didn't like his character! If you don't LIKE the character and can't relate to him, how the hell are you supposed to play him? I bet Daniel loved all the books and liked Harry's character- that is why he acted so well. I can't even imagine anyone else being Harry now...

136. Emma Watson (Hermione) vs. Kristen Stewart (Bella): No matter what people say, KStew can't act one bit. She shows NO emotion at all and she blinks so much. SHe stutters and seriously, she sounds a bit retarded. Emma can act... the way her eyebrows move show emotion and her British accent is just brilliant. Who doesn't like that?

137. Taylor Lautner (Jacob) vs Rupert Grint (Ron): Taylor is hot, I admit that. He is my biggest celebrity crush but that doesn't mean he can act. He's not a very bad actor but no comparison with Rupert. Rupert's expressions are just brilliant and no actor has made me laugh harder than he does.

138. No versus in here... just Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy): The glares, smirks and sulking is awesome. He couldn't be played by anyone else. I was looking forward to who would play Lauren and whether she would be able to nail it. Guess what... there was no Lauren in the movie. -_-

139. The jokes in the book. Examples...
Twilight
Jacob: Does my being half-naked bother you?
Bella: *blushes*
WTF?!

Harry Potter:
Mrs Weasley: Fred, you next.
Twin 1: He's not Fred, I AM!
Twin 2: Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother.
Comparison?!

140. Okay, people may or may not know this. BUT DOES TWILIGHT HAVE A THEME PARK BASED ON IT? Yes! There is a theme park being made which is based on Harry Potter alone! CAN YOU SAY AWESOME MUCH?!
i think KStew acted like that because that's how Bella was sshown as een jaar geleden
137. my fav line from him was in COS when he said: "can we panic now?" een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden colouredhazel said…
136. Emma Watson (Hermione) vs. Kristen Stewart (Bella): No matter what people say, Kristin Stewart can't act one bit. She shows NO emotion at all and she blinks so much. She stutters and seriously, she sounds a bit retarded. Emma can act... the way her eyebrows move show emotion and her British accent is just brilliant. Who doesn't like that?

The Answer to that is: (to why Kristin stutters alot) Shes a pot-head. No lie, she is! i can tell. no wonder her voice is so deep and in the new moon trailer (Yes i actually was THAT bored to go and watch it...) she sounds like a guy at one point when she says: "No..please no!" or something like that.

Of course Harry Potter is BETTER than Twilight, you have to be on something if you thought twilight was better. i still have the first 2 books (i couldn't even finish reading the 2nd one. just hearing Bella talking about how 'perfect' Edward is a thousand times he comes up is almost enough to make me go psychotic..im really surprised i haven't yet) HELL im even wondering why i didn't BURN,cut up the pages, or Thrown out those books yet!

I love Criticizing this book so much,I think it's becoming a hobby :D

I remember after i saw the Harry Potter movie i immediately become a big fan. I wanted almost anything that was harry potter. I remember in GOF i called Rob handsome when he played Cedric, he's not really handsome anymore, plus the pale makeup and contacts don't really compliment him.
een jaar geleden othfangirl129 said…
141 (This may have already been posted but whatever): JKR created this whole world while Meyer created what a story? A new type of gay vampire who sparkles in the sun? At least the creatures in HP are realistic..

142: The characters are real, they aren't vampires/werewolves (besides Lupin)most of the chracters are teenagers going through real teenage things like friendship, love, school etc. etc. While Bella battles her feelings for a vampire and a werewolve I don't know one teenager who can relate to that.

143: All the characters have depth even the minor ones in HP while in Twilight there are so many characters who just exsit because Meyer needed someone to be in a scene and then they were never mentioned again. In HP every character has a reason for acting the whay they act or doing the things they do, they all have a story.
een jaar geleden ms_draco_malfoy said…
144: i dont know if this has been said yet, but in harry potter, everything has a meaning. and everything connects. things from previous years come into play in the last book. ron and hermoine go into the chamber of secrets, something that hasnt been mentioned since second year. and the horcruxes even have background stories on why theyre horcruxes! anything like that in twilight? i dont think so.

145: harry and you know who are related! who would have seen that coming?! and not just that, but just the whole entire hallows! which, i must say, was a very good title for the book because it pretty much revolves around them. all of the books have, whether we realized it or not.
DementorKiss commented…
I agree in Harry Potter there are also lots of plot twists. Also JK Rowling is the best auteur because she invented the Dementors to represent her depression. een jaar geleden
cool
146. I just felt this deserved a place on its own. Ron and Hermione's kiss was brilliant! The passion in it and it was probably at one of the most unexpected moments ever... right in the middle of a war! I don't see Edward and Bella's one kiss matching that one. Plus, it wasn't all detailed so it didn't really want to make you puke.

147. I completely forgot about the Yule Ball! :) I mean, it is much more amazing than the prom. -_- That kinda sucks, I'm sorry but it does.
surprise
we skipped 77.... the next person to post a reason please post as #147 so that our numbering is back on track :)
een jaar geleden TeamPotter1960 said…
big smile
lol teamjacob written well? SMeyer copied J.K. Rowling and she's the kind of writer who will use past/present tense in ONE sentence.

1. Renesmee Cullen looks JUST like her dad (dads hair) and moms eyes. HARRY JAMES POTTER JUST LIKE HIS (WOW) DAD JAMES LILY'S EYES

2. A love triangle between a girl her best friend and her best friends nemesis
(Lily/James/Snape) (Bella/Edweirdo/Jacob)

3. Where the hero (HaRRY leaves his girlfriend to protect her from dangers of his past
Edward leaves Bella to try to 'protect' her form dangers of his

4. Sirius Black- Motorcycle, Black hair with the length, black as a last name oh yeah and the ability to turn into a giant canine at will
Jacob Black- A BAD VERSION OF SIRIUS

5. Oh yeah and it's the fact that the baby has its mothers eyes that make the mothers best friend CARE for it

6. Renesmee is a HALF VAMPIRE MORTAL MOTHER PURE VAMPIRE FATHER
HARRY- HALF BLOOD- MUGGLEBORN MOTHER PUREBLOOD FATHER

Do you REALLY want me to go on?

Written well ahahahah lol I think not!
 lol teamjacob written well? SMeyer copied J.K. Rowling and she's the kind of writer who will use pas
Wow. S Meyer is such a bad auteur she can't even come up with original ideas!! She should have read HP a took dumbledores advice "it does no good to dwell on dreams" I mean he is the wisest wizard that ever lived!! een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden TeamPotter1960 said…
smirk
alright tehn make mine number 147
cool
153. I am sorry if I offend fans with this but I have observed very carefully and that is why I'm writing this reason. I am NOT saying that all Twilight fans are like that and I'm not saying that all Harry Potter fans are smart.
Anways... here's an experience of mine.
Case 1:
Me: I personally think that Harry Potter is much better than Twilight.
Twilight fan: WHAT? U DIDNT JUST SAYYYY THATTT! OKAYYY? I'M GONNAA HUNT U DOWNN N KILL YAA! FU** OFFF, IDIOT!

Case 2:
Me: I personally think Harry Potter OWNS Twilight.
Twilight fan: You're probably just a small baby who whines because your mother or father are dead.
Offending much?

Case 3:
Me: Why do you think Twilight is better than Harry Potter?
Twilight Fan: Coz, like, Edwardz hottt! And so is jacobb. and its a luv storyy and oh yeah, edward is hottt!!

Case 4:
Me: I'm astonished that some people can call Twilight literature.
Twilight fan: OMG! ASTONISHED? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?

Yeah, get my point? Again, no offence but... these are true... all of them.
een jaar geleden -ToujoursPur said…
big smile
I'll write 100-something tomorrow. Promise :)
Tired now.

go Harry Potter. :DDD