Huddy Operation: Really Crazy

maverickangel35 posted on Aug 21, 2010 at 08:35PM
Attention all Lisa fans! This is a thread mostly to see whether this idea is even possible, and then if it is, we can decide the best ideas and methods to put it into practice!

We were thinking that, now that we know Lisa's pa (or agent or whoever) on twitter, perhaps there might be a way to put together some kind of a memory book or scrapbook from her fans here on the huddy/huli spots. It would have to be something pretty huge and special, but then what else are we capable of around here?

First we should see if anyone can get an answer from Page about whether she would even accept it from us and deliver it, etc. Or if she had an idea of how we could give it to her. Then we would have to decide if this should only span the House years, what it should contain, letters, pictures, stories, memories, etc... well, we can come up with rules and ideas and stuff once we know that people are interested and it's even doable!

So who's in?

Huddy 78 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 78

een jaar geleden Katia1997 said…
big smile
I'm totally in
een jaar geleden anonymously said…
I'm in, I'm in!! But you already know that.
I think if we write a 'proposition' or some sort of short letter explaining the project I can maybe get it to her PA, or anyone else who had Twitter really.

This is so exciting!
een jaar geleden maverickangel35 said…
lol well rule number one and please don't throw tomatoes at me until I have a chance to get behind something...

I think we'd better avoid any mentions of huli stuff if we do this. A) don't want to freak her out and 2) its really meant to be for HER, no?

Just a thought.
Oh I agree, lay low on the Huli stuff for sure

you wrote A and 2 instead of A and B or 1 and 2...made me laugh!
last edited een jaar geleden
lmao did that on purpose! It's an old old old old joke from Mad About You that for some reason just stuck. I do it when I talk to employees as well lol Amazing how almost no one ever says anything about it--until now!
I see I see. well now I'll know.
'Mad About You' That's a movie right? I guess I should watch it.

I IMDB-ied it and it's from 1992, I was 2 years old lol, no wonder.
ummmm it was a tv series with Helen Hunt and Paul Reiser. And stop making me feel old.
hmm, ok then. And you're not that much older, we've already established that ;)

I hope Bea drops by tonight though that's unlikely it's probably about 2 am for her right now. I think she'll like this idea (and the new chappie)
lol I have gone back and started reading from the beginning... cannot BELIEVE it's been six months
has it? I've re-read it about a month ago, it's so wonderful.
lol yeah it's been awhile, and I keep finding mistakes! How terribly annoying. But anyway, look at the format of Just Friends, how I went episode by episode. I'm kind of thinking of something similar to that for Lisa's book...
Care to elaborate?
not sure yet... depends on how many people want to participate...
But like, if there are any episodes where Lisa's performance inspired you, or touched you in a special way, helped you through something, made you smile, whatever personal effect she had...

Each episode could have the title at the top, and a fabulous picture of her in that episode underneath, and then whatever wonderful stuff we compile under that... it would be great if people could handwrite stuff and scan it, sign it, I don't know, if anyone can draw... this is just me spitballing...
I don't know if someone more twitter-savvy than I would like to try and ask Page about this... I think I have, but A) she might not answer me and 2) I don't even know if I'm doing it right. Really NOT the best at this twitter stuff other than reading tweets...
1) I'm quite new at Twitter too but I could try, I know a bunch of people here are 'Twitter-heads' (Jesse Spencer's word) so they would probably know.

2) Your idea sounds fantastic. Personnaly I have interviews of her that mean a lot to me, so we could maybe include some too.
I think it could be a very wonderful final product. We should at least try to make it. And if we don't get to contact Page I'll come pick you up and we'll drive to LA ourselves to give it to Lisa! ;) (God, I wish!)
LOL yeah we'll get right on that!

And I would want to include anything at all that had a personal impact on someone... somehow we would just have to find a way to put it in order, need a timeline kind of so its chronological... I'm sure between all of us we could figure it out!
chronological would be best, and I'm CERTAIN with all of us we can figure it out.
Ok Europeans need to wake up now, it's just been you and me for like 7 hours!
I'll be off to bed soon.
een jaar geleden Katia1997 said…
@Anony, Europeans already woke up xDD its already 10:30 where are everyone??? O_o
een jaar geleden BoHouse_ said…
Okay ,I'm totally in!
een jaar geleden ItalianHuddy said…
Count me in too :-) You guys keep bringing in new ideas and let's see where it goes!
sooo, what's going on with this??
een jaar geleden DiemBrown said…
Can I help you? It's really great idea.
een jaar geleden playingcold said…
big smile
Can I join? Can I join? Can I join?
een jaar geleden HuddyBea said…
I didn't know we have started already! Count me in! :D
een jaar geleden HLforever said…
big smile
I'm totally in if you guys want me! I feel like Lisa is overlooked a lot, what with the Emmy people snubbing her year after year and all that...I think this would really make her happy :) And even though I don't think anyone's gotten approval from Lisa's agent for this idea, if it does happen I think maybe we should start thinking about the content...even if it doesn't, it would be a wonderful thing to post anywhere, on twitter, facebook, here, etc. Anyways, some people asked me to link this poem I wrote about Lisa (link) so here it is! Maybe we could add some stuff like this in the scrapbook along with pics and stuff
I don't know, guys, I never did get a response about how we would even get it to her... :(
Did you email/tweet Lisa's agent?
I can do that if no one else offers. But I don't think we should 'not' start just because we don't know how to get it to her. This will take a while to make anyways. Why don't we start and in the mean time we'll figure out how to give it to her. I don't think it will be a problem honestly
Oh and I think we should just start it anyways. Actually, we should finish it before we talk to Lisa's agent. It'll be much more likely that she agrees to the idea if she sees how great the finished product is than if we just propose the idea without any proof that it's gonna be good. If she doesn't agree even then, it won't have been a waste because we can still keep it for ourselves :)
heart
Haha @anonymously I just came back here and realize we said exactly the same thing :)
Oh and I got an idea, do you think His Yetiness would possibly show it to Lisa if we tweet it to him? He's definitely the most Internet-involved important House person...we just have to make sure there's absolutely no Huli, because we know how GY gets when someone brings THAT up.
big smile
"He's definitely the most Internet-involved important House person..." I don't tweet but I think Omar is also addicted to it :D And of course Jesse XD
laugh
@PC oh yeah i totally forgot about them...I guess what I meant was that GY is probably the closest one to Lisa out of those three. I never got the impression that Omar and Jesse were very close to Lisa, since they normally don't do a lot of scenes together, but His Yetiness has directed Lisa a lot
Actually Jesse and Lisa seem to be pretty good friends. and yes HLforever, we did write very similar things!!

I think this all just goes to prove that it wont be a problem to get it to her. LET'S START!
heart
YES LET'S. does anyone have an old blank scrapbook? if not, can anyone get one? i could if no one can...and we need to start collecting the content. okay, i think we should have everyone who reads this to either contribute their favorite photo of Lisa, along with a personal comment to her, or else a poem or other thing. if we can get enough people, i think only one per person is a good idea, just to be fair. but also, there aren't many people participating in this thread so it's time to SHAMELESSLY SELF-PROMOTE. let us spam the walls!
I think @mav had an idea about episodes too. we should all discuss together. but yes promote away!
lol yeah if there's something special about Lisa in every episode ("IF" she said?!??) then each episode/interview/photo or whatever could have its own header, followed by whatever poems/letters/stories of inspiration or whatever her fans want to share from that moment...
Question: Are we doing this with a computer generated scrapbook making program or buying a paper scrapbook and printing out/writing stuff?
Well I had pictured it as kind of a combination... obviously need a hard copy (album, large book of some kind, what have you) We could have typed up and printed parts, photos, obviously, but I thought it would be nice to have some hand-written, even if it's just to sign your name or if you've written a poem for instance, on some stationary or something, to really personalize it. They could be mailed to whoever is physically creating the thing and pictures could be uploaded as it takes shape so everyone can see how it is turning out and have input on improvements/suggestions
that's pretty much what I had imagined!!
How many of the people participating are in the US or Canada? and where, is it too crazy to try and meet up? Maybe it is.
How do we organize this? Do we just start listing moments to collect?
lol I'm not sure... it's still rattling in my head. I'm going to post a picture of a very fast, very sloppy first off-the-top-of-my-head idea of what a page could look like... the format etc perhaps...
Here goes nothing...
link
found it and commented.
Other question, how big do you want to make this, just us? or do we expand to the Hugh & Lsa, House MD and LE spots??
I have no idea... I guess it depends on how much stuff we can put in from this and the huli spot... we can expand if we need to I guess... I feel like I'm saying "I don't know" to EVERYTHING lol
you are! but maybe together we can figure it out. I feel like it's just you and me
I'm still here!! Unfortunately a lot of people on this spot are from Europe/South America so it would be pretty hard for them to mail actual handwritten stuff to whoevers making the actual thing. As for who's going to make it, I want to do it because I'm an (aspiring) artist and I've had a lot of experience in that area (okay I'm young so if any of you guys are artists, feel free to completely shut me down on this one), so I thought that I could handmake the scrapbook...problem is if you guys want to actually meet up in person, because then I wouldn't be able to. And I definitely think we should expand because there don't seem to be many people in this spot who are actively participating...
een jaar geleden sheis1963 said…
Wohoo! I'm in :D

What must I do?
Hey, I'm still here I just didn't have the time to comment today. You were commenting when it was night in my time zone ;) Plus: I didn't have any creative ideas yet :(
I agree with @HLforever (or @PDA? ;)) that the handwriting stuff sounds good but if you're from another continent, than it's hard to make it.
Mail does get delivered across the ocean, just saying. But we could always just scan our handwritten texts and send them by e-mail just as a picture. It's not AS 'real' but it's pretty close and I think it would be a good compromise for those who can't send it by real mail.
"Mail does get delivered across the ocean". Yeah, you're right but I like your scanning idea much better ;)