Hugh & Lisa Quoting Huli - Revising their...erm....*caughs* history from dag one ;)

Beatrix8520 posted on Aug 01, 2010 at 10:26AM
Another crazy thread I am opening, this time on my other fav spot ;) cause of my Huli everlasting faith. It's like I am constantly high this year XD

I was thiking, I don't know very much about Huli during the first seasons of the show, so I came up with the idea of a new, clean space where we could re-post all the stuff we know about them...sort of like a gigantic "Huli album of memories" throughout the years :D

Hope you like the idea

You can post whatever you like about them: vids, interviews on paper...pics! Just one rule should be respected: quote them :D I mean, the idea is to collect everything we know about them, especially rare interviews and statements they made about each other other users might not be aware about ;)

Have fun! I'll start with what I have right now...hope we will find some more about the first years "along the road" :)

PS I was about to forget...post the source if you can!
last edited on Aug 01, 2010 at 10:33AM

Hugh & Lisa 59 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 59

een jaar geleden raya85 said…
mischievous
I've never read this one!
"I never hear the English guy unless I see him on the weekends."

So she's seeing him on weekends, eh? XD
een jaar geleden HugeEgoSorry said…
mischievous
Aww... I love Hugh's deflection. Why the hell does he doesn't want that kiss or their make out to be talked about. I hope he sings the tales now that we will surely have a lot to talk about this season? :D
een jaar geleden kibby said…
big smile
Haha, I LOVE that last quote of Lisa! Her honesty and openness is so refreshing and brilliant.
een jaar geleden anonymously said…
I love this!!
and Lisa with the married thing again :D
I'll try to find things to post!
een jaar geleden Katia1997 said…
I don't remember what year is this one from:
TVGuide.com: Hugh Laurie seems like a pretty irreverent guy himself — do you two have a similar rapport when the cameras are off?
Edelstein: We are an entire cast and writing crew of smarty-pants. So the conversations that go on when the cameras aren't rolling are hilarious, and usually definitely not for publication. It is a process of great editing down to get that humor on the air without getting sued.
een jaar geleden playingcold said…
kiss
Oh @Bea!!! What a great thread!
een jaar geleden LaurieLover said…
mischievous
@Bea you biscuit !!!

THIS is going to be AWESOME !!!!
in interview for 'Hollywood Access' 2006(?):
L:"...When Hugh is talking to you, you think you're the only one person in the world"

She never talked about him like this^^^. All that she always said was just "He got blue eyes" or "He got gorgeous eyes", but not like that
een jaar geleden raya85 said…
mischievous
@Katia : I found the follow up sentence to that which was "... unfortunately when you see him talking to somebody else, you realize you weren't special at all...that's the sad part.." is sooo adorable as well!Her tone of voice when she was saying those lines sounds like she really was crushed when she saw how Hugh was talking to the others.. XD
een jaar geleden baozieer said…
great thread.abs love it!

"When Hugh is talking to you, you think you're the only one person in the world;unfortunately when you see him talking to somebody else, you realize you weren't special at all..."
i feel so sad because of this quote.*made my heart hurt literally* sometimes i wish Lisa weren't in love with Hugh, for i no way want to see her be in disappointment.*call me weird*
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden HugeEgoSorry said…
crying
"sometimes i wish Lisa weren't in love with Hugh, for i no way want to see her be in disappointment."

I wish this all the time... I know I might get stone to death b'c of this admission but I just love Lisa so much that seeing her hurt in any way tears me apart as well... not to mention I wanted to kill the one who inflicted her that pain.
"Please tell me I am not the only one who noticed!!!"

no, you're not alone :)))

Am I the only one who think that, when Hugh and Lisa talk about House and Cuddy, they slowly start talking not about House&Cuddy, but about their relationship? O_o
she think about THEIR relationship? I LOVE THIS INTERVIEW xDDDD

HL(about House):To me, he`s a hero, ... He`s not polite. He`s not someone you want to take home to meet your mother, necessarily. This is a guy in search of truth. Incidentally, that truth one day could save your life or the life of someone you love. That`s a heroic thing.
mischievous
I think that love for character and 'unless' playing roles 50/50 (or the last one even more xDD)
 I think that love for character and 'unless' playing roles 50/50 (or the last one even meer xDD)
kiss
Hey @ Bea GREAT job BTW.

Just want to add something.

When asked the question about the kissing:

Q to Hugh): Are you a fan of it too? You can play the devil’s advocate if you want...

I am 99% sure he says, "I don't mind kissing!"

Have a listen, it's not the pain meds, I heard it before !!!!
link:

Lisa Edelstein says an early House episode will find her character, Dr. Cuddy, entrusting House with caring for her 3-year-old child. "We just started shooting this," says Lisa. "House realizes he's taken on a lot by dating a woman with a baby. She trusts him with the child because she knows he's a brilliant doctor and not an evil guy, so he's not going to kill the baby." Off camera, Lisa says, Hugh Laurie is great with the child actor. "Hugh's got three kids in real life so he is very good at making funny faces. Children really latch on to him." But it's an entirely different scenario between Dr. House and Cuddy's tot. "House has a hard time connecting with the baby. He finds the child almost alien."
L: "When you sleeping with somebody. Like, he don't want to step in my toes, I don't want to step in his toes..."
I feel bad that almost only Bea and Katia are contributing, I just don't have it in me right now to look up stuff and post it, but I plan to
een jaar geleden huddyislove said…
big smile
Hey, I'm planning to contribute as well ;)
huddyislove, Love your icon right now ;)
haha I can't stay away from FP today *headdesk*
I can see XDD

Well, who can :')

'We really love each other'
'WE really do'

:')
I tear up at those words
@Huddyislove, "'We really love each other'
'WE really do'"
is this from Paley?
Somewhere on 1:30
Lisa: When he got this couple weeks off, he turns into this funny english man, that I only see on occasion and I love that guy. He is really fun.
@Katieaa she says 'I only see on occasion' ;)

@annon it's from Paley :)
laugh
@Hilly, hahah, really? there must be sth wrong with my loudspeakers, I always knew I need to throw them into trash xDDD
big smile
Lisa: He's a great guy, why not show him my but?
^^^that's one of my favs :)))
mischievous
My all time fave is:
I want the two of you to have sex
laugh
And Huhg's face: "Here?" xDDD
sunny
from 6:38 - I know, its not Huli, but she looks so amazing when she's with kids ^_^
big smile
She is such a cutie :)))
@Katia I had never seen that interview (first one you posted today)!
" Wasn't thee question about House and Lucas? XD Who talked about Hugh and Michel!? XD Are we making confusion once again? :PP"

I didn't notice this when I watched vid first time xDDD

the way she talks about Huddy relationship... it so fits Huli relationship O_o...
I'm surprised she would even answer that question! she probably has kissed him more though, I assume they rehearsed UMS more than the Luddy stuff
it does actually say 'House or Lucas' ;)
"Hugh Laurie is a married man, so we are very good friends."

She like saying: "Yes, we're friends, but if he wasn't married, we would be a couple". What is that 'so' about? If she want to convince everyone, that they're friends, it didn't work xDD.
from interview with HL: "I fight against comfort, in that area of my life as in every other," he says, his words characteristically punctuated by long (but somehow not awkward) silences, during which you can practically hear his thought processes churning. "I mean, if I don't have a stone in my shoe, I'll put one in there." He smiles abashedly. "I don't know why that is. Perhaps my version of happiness consists of not being happy. That could be my comfort zone."
The Hormiguero is an amazing interview, I also think it's the 'so' that screws up her 'just friends' cover.
big smile
I finally chose my top 3 xDD I think its Paley Center 2009, El Hormiguero, and set of interviews from TCA 2009
where all gone??

All his life, he says, he's had people offering him variations of the old "cheer up mate, it might never happen."
"And what I've always liked to say in response is, `f--- off'. I think of myself as a reasonably jolly soul - he said, frowning intently into the corner."

link
ahahha Paley center is 100% classic xDDD
What amazing me everytime I'm re-watching it, is that Hugh don't look really surprised or shock, when Lisa said "...and I made out with Hugh..." xDDD
big smile
I can't spend too much time on this thread because it makes me hyperventilate and my mouth gets stuck in this stupid huge smile and I can't do anything for hours after!
too many wonderful moments.
@Bea, yes its 2009, interview for playboy, I guess:
PLAYBOY: Hasn’t the show’s continued success improved your mood?
LAURIE: Not really. I think being moody is part of my nature, though looking back, I am much less moody and depressed now than when I was 25. Gradually I’ve mellowed. I was probably depressed all the time back then. Now it’s more occasional.

PLAYBOY: What changed?
LAURIE: It’s tiresome to be so wound up in yourself and dark, and it’s hard on others. My moodiness probably has a greater effect on other people—the people I live and work with—than it does on me. Nobody likes being around someone who’s bemoaning his fate all the time, and I didn’t want to be that person. I also understand now what gets me out of my head when I get depressed: physical exercise, doing a chore. I’ll hang a picture, let’s say. Or perhaps I’ll take a toothbrush and clean the spokes on my motorcycle.
een jaar geleden a_lee said…
I noticed that if you connect Hugh's quote about Lisa--"“Lisa is an absolute joy"-- to his Playboy interview--"Joy is absolutely the essential thing for me. It has become my obsession to find it, to hold on to it..." it makes their relationship even more meaningful. :)

mischievous
Oohhh @a_lee THAT is awesome!

I had not thought of it. But now you mention it, it has a certain inevitability to it. He knows what he wants, and he means to get it/her at ANY cost !

@a_lee, I also had this thought, when I read his interview for playboy))))

"He knows what he wants, and he means to get it/her at ANY cost !"

Amazing words @LL xDDD
smile
@a_lee, that is wonderful, we really find every little detail that could lead to Huli! I love it.
een jaar geleden xfews said…
isa Edelstein said: I've been obsessed with this song. This song carried me through another decade or two of just, really, every time I've heard it I loved it as much as I did the first time. And it turned out that Hugh Laurie feels the same way about this song. It's his favorite Rolling Stones song and when we discovered that, it was really exciting. It was a little bonding moment. The first week that we knew each other when we were shooting the pilot (for House).

melody rolling stones

een jaar geleden xfews said…
omg I just watched paley again xD. yeah I have the whole thing the first one and second one on my mobile phone :P
and you can see it is just amezing just like
I made out with hugh

omg she was laughing and It didn't bother him :)
he was more checking her out like; she is so pretty when she laughs xd
@xfews, yes, he absolutely didn't mind that she said this. Like he didn't care what people could think about, 'cause formally he's married. But he just kept joking about it, like what she said was absolutely normal thing.

I can't find interview with Lisa, where she said sth about destiny. We discuss this, when we talked about Hugh's book.
heart
Q: Plus, Hugh isn't exactly hard on the eyes.
LE: I think Hugh is very sexy. I mean, he's a married man sexy. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea. But no, he's beautiful. And mostly because he is extremely bright and very well educated, great to talk to, has a really interesting point of view. He's just a real man. He feels like a real man. Not a lot of them around...

link