Lisa Edelstein Ratings...

EnjoyHuddy posted on Jan 18, 2009 at 08:41PM
Ok, I just wanted to know why is this happening...
I come like everyday on this spot to see if some users has added new icons, so I can add what I found.But I always notice that they are already posted, rated 5 stars by 6 fans. Then I go through the pages, and that's the point:
It's fantastic to see that people rates stuff high, but why ... 's icons are rated 5 stars by 7 fans (who don't even open them up to see them) while ....'s ones are rated by...like... NO ONE? Seriously, I can imagine that you guys want a dedicated, die-hard or a fanatic medal, but do we have to do this?That's not nice!I'm planning on rating xxsomething( I don't know your name hun, sorry, but it's hard to remember it, or it's just me having low standards) because I noticed that her icons are in the middle of PG ones (sorry hun if I'm bringing you up here, but I really have to say it) , but while PG ones are rated 5 stars by 7 fans, xx 's are not even rated. I love how much you are into this medal and rating things girls, and I like it, but we don't need to have preferences: if you rate PG's, mine or HC1331 icons, you could rate other's too. I can understand that you don't want to rate them because you don't like them, but how is it possible that you don't even rate it with a 4 or 3, while our are rated by so many fans? It's a bit improbable...

Sorry if now you hate me, but seriously, I really nedded to free my chest from all of this...
last edited on Jan 18, 2009 at 08:44PM

Lisa Edelstein 9 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden housecuddy4ever said…
meh
I agree with you EH.I have posted many icons some rated some aren't.I can understand a lot of people want they're medals.So why should 1 person rate so-and-so's icons so they can have they're precious medal.
Some people go through hard work,either getting the icons from somewhere else,or making them.People we are like a huge family,and we should rate each others stuff.Nobody shouldn't have gone through that hard work and nobody rates them.Let's hypothetically say,I created about 15 LE icons.Some of them look ick! and some of them look pretty.Then out of the blue,PG(no offense PG) posts 30 something icons.Then...somebody else does this too.At the same time.About 60 icons get uploaded here.My icons get pushed back,and so do the others here.Not to be seen again,unless you go on a rating spree(good luck with that!).
And you're lucky EH,you have a red LE medal.*envies*

Just like on the Cuddy spot,people contribute and contribute.I've uploaded several screen caps,not all of them get rated.Some people*cough*OM*cough*,have other people to rate them.I really don't that is really fair.Why not rate everybody's screen caps,icons,photos,fan art,whatever...instead of this one person?

I'm sorry about this ranting EH.It just ticks me off.
een jaar geleden EnjoyHuddy said…
smile
It's ok HC4E, you shared your thoughts just like I did :)
And great job with your LE yellow :)
een jaar geleden misanthrope86 said…
I have encountered this problem in another spot of a beautiful House actress who shall remain nameless.
One person's icons were rated 5 stars by 6 or 7 fans and they had only been there a day, and other icons posted by other people had not been rated at all or only by one person. SO I asked why that person had so many ratings and they said that they asked people to go and rate their icons because they hadn't been rated yet. And that person has now catapulted into Red Medal glory.

My problems with that are:
1) In that spot, I rate everything that comes in. I try to do that in all my favourite spots, even though it takes a long time. So those icons would have been rated at least by me the next time that I came to the spot.
2) I personally, do not think that it is fair to ask 6 or 7 people to rate 100's of icons that have just been posted, especially if those people do not rate other people's contributions to the spot.
3) I am very VERY suspicious that people who say that they asked people to rate their stuff are actually people who have multiple accounts. In the situation that I am talking about, about 300 icons got rated 5 stars by 7 people in less than an hour. That stinks of multiple accounts.

I know that PotterGal doesn't do that. She is not that kind of person. And neither is oldmovie. I suspect that if they get people to rate for them, its because they know that most people don't rate when they view and it can be really frustrating. Back in the old days, when this spot was small and no one ever came here, I was pretty much the only one that rated everything. Now this spot is massive and you are actually complaining about too much rating! LOL! It is weird how it can turn around like that, and your concerns are valid.

I guess what I am saying is, that it is pretty easy to tell which users just want medals and which users add stuff because they want to share stuff. But it is harder to tell which users are asking people to rate their stuff because, in the past, people haven't rated their stuff.

I think that if you are gonna ask someone to rate for you, you should ask them to rate everything. It isn't fair on other users if say 2 people upload the same amount of quality stuff, but one user has an army of friends to rate stuff for them and therefore gets a medal because of it.

In saying that, the aim should not be to get medals. But unfortunately that is what a lot of people seem to be doing these days.

And so ends my incredibly long comment!
een jaar geleden Ellen-smile said…
Oh no! I've just realised that I'm guilty! Not of multiple accounts or rating because asked, but just not rating at all! I'll comment and save things, but I hardly ever rate. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways! I'm going to start rating things now...
een jaar geleden CathCuddy said…
LOL Ellen! XD

But I totally agree with you... I noticed that! I try to rate the things when they are posted and not just randomly... if I like it I rate higher if I don't... I rate lower lol I mean no one is gonna get my ratings just because they are cool...

*sighs*
LOL Ellen! Its cool that you have seen this then. As long as people rate what they view, I'm happy.

I'd be interested to here what more people think about this. I mean, this spot is huge at the moment, yet only a few of us seem to be concerned with this topic...
een jaar geleden PotterGal said…
Well to be completely honest i did use to be part of this thing on the Friends Spot in which some users would help each other out by rating stuff that most of the time hadn't been rated by other users before but i left that a few weeks back because i felt that in the long run it wouldn't be fair to other users in the same spots who didn't get their stuff rated.
As for the Lisa Spot, i do take pride in the fact that i rate everything that is posted here. I try to do that in all the spots i love but in some its hard to keep up, lol.
hmmm
So true PotterGal. I think it is extra hard for weird people like us who like to rate everything in the spots that we love, because we rate other people's stuff, but our stuff doesn't always get rated and you can kinda feel like nobody appreciates the effort you go to.

Personally, I haven't been able to keep up with the volume of stuff that is getting posted here and in other spots recently, so thats why I have only been rating the things that I view in this spot. And I know I shoudln't feel bad about that, because its not my respnsibility to rate everything in every spot so that other people feel good about themselves.

I guess the big picture is that if everbody rated properly (ie rating what they view) then people would feel more appreciated and get their medals faster and wouldn't feel the need to get more people to rate their stuff.
But, unfortunately, the Fanpop world doesn't work that way.
een jaar geleden PotterGal said…
because we rate other people's stuff, but our stuff doesn't always get rated and you can kinda feel like nobody appreciates the effort you go to.

Oh you just PERFECTLY summed up what i've been feeling about this missy.
Rating is what makes fanpop go around after all.