muziek Should we take this gig? Don't want to sell out.

dmusician posted on Jul 26, 2018 at 11:16PM
My good buddies and I are planning on making music full time with our band, while we’re still young and have the time to do so. Due to our plans, we’ve all had to make sacrifices and basically spend more money for studio time, and trying to rack up as many gigs as possible to get our name out there. Our band plays original compositions that can be categorized under the nu-metal and alternative rock genre, so there’s somewhat of an image to uphold.

Following this trail of thought, money has been tight lately with the expenses of getting some much needed recording sessions at this local studio in town. Our bassist’s girlfriend recently set us up for a gig that pays really well, and we’re only required to play for at least an hour for an event. The only problem is that it’s for this foreign affair matchmaker company, and they want us to play acoustic covers, along with other popular songs that are just not our style. Should we go for it? I don’t want us to sell out, but we badly need the cash if we wanna make this work out.

muziek No antwoorden