ster Wars Sith Tradition?

cjr24 posted on Apr 12, 2009 at 03:50AM
Something's been bothering me for awhile. Everyone keeps talking about how Darth Vader redeemed himself and turned good at the end by killing the emperor to save Luke. Now, at first I had no dispute against this. But after watching the prequels and playing the video games like "knights of the old republic," I have started to think less of this so-called redemption. According to the story palpatine told anakin about the sith lord, as well as the KOTOR games, it was common practice for sith to kill their masters. The sith would be trained, and they were expected to turn on their masters when they thought they were strong enough. Doesn't this make Vader's killing of the Emperor look like just another sith surpassing its master? I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this, or thought the same way.

ster Wars 2 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden Quiztzhadrch said…
Y'know that's a damn good observation because although you were the first person to voice this detail, It's always been in the back of mind like an annoyning little rock in my shoe. I guess now that it's been brought into the lightI'd have to speculate that since Palpatine and Vader failed to turn Luke to the dark side they were frustrated that their Sith dominion would gradualy come to its end. However, once Vader destroyed Palpatine he essentialy transformed the Jedi's final defeat to their previously announced new hope. That's what I think... but I think it may just be this Rum & Coke talking.
een jaar geleden SkywalkerFan said…
I just think that it's just a Father that is seeing his sith master attacking/ hurting his son. And starts to feel the good that he had in him ever since he was a little boy and a padawan aka Anakin Skywalker and decides to go and for fill his true self as the chosen one and takes down the sith once an for all. So I hope his right here makes some sence.